• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INFP or INTJ?

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For years I believed I was an INFP 8w7. I based this on functions and my research, not tests. By the way, I'm 100% sure about my enneagram type. Recently, I saw a post discussing the difference between Inferior Se and PoLR Se, and I felt myself relating more to inferior. Now I am thinking I may be an INTJ. I don't value tests, but on almost all of them that aren't function based, I get INTJ. I find that interesting.

Now, about my Se. I'm not good at it. I always thought this was just it being PoLR. Then, that post mentioned that if it is PoLR, you're likely to reject the idea of it. When it's inferior, at first you're not good at it but you desire it and strive towards it. That's me, I would love to be able to just enjoy the moment and absorb things, but I can't. I reject Fe, in my opinion.

Here's some various things about me, to help you decide on my type.

Out of the 7 Deadly Sins, I am Wrath.

To me, justice is "an eye for an eye".

I believe in fairness not compassion.

I am drawn to people who are fearless, uninhibited by boundaries, tough, authentic only for themselves.

I am replused by people who: can't take control of themselves, have no backbone, tell me what to do with my life, and are unauthentic. I never want to be any of that.

I believe that most of the time, the ends justify the means.

When I'm being serious, I am very direct. I do not like to sugarcoat things and I would rather hurt you. It's difficult for me to apologize if I do hurt you over this.

When I'm not being serious, I value sarcasm and humor so much. It's how I cope, how I live.

I don't place much value in the past. This is a quote from Arthur Morgan from Red Dead 2, but it describes my view on this: "We can't change what's done, we can only move on."

I do appreciate the past in physical forms. As in, I appreciate old globes, maps, post cards, pamphlets, etc.

I analyze the present and how it will impact the future. I believe it's valuable not to get trapped in a vision of the future and end up tripping on the present reality. However, just because I believe that doesn't mean I'm good at doing it.

When it comes to the future, I see it as something that I need to plan and understand how I will do things. I am not someone who can just wing it. I need time to think. I am very much a planner, but I am open to the fact that I may end up changing my long term goal. However, when I think about the farther future, and how I have a complete lack of true control over it, it terrifies me. My understanding is that this indicates I don't have dominant Ni, right?

I resent authority and rules, this is a huge part of me.

I have difficulty putting my feelings into words, I just feel them physically.

I have to think hard to sort them out.

I don't like to share them, I see it as weak.

I will always be accepting of people for things they shouldn't be judged for, like race, sexual orientation, and what not. If you make a negative comment towards a group of people, for example, I will cut you off without a thought. I don't care.

That being said, I can be judgemental about personality aspects of people, I will tell you that you're being an idiot.

I make decisions based on two things: my opinions/feelings and realities/what gets me towards my goal. I use them equally to make a decision, depending on the scenario.

I do not like to make decisions on emotions, which are different from feelings. To me emotions are temporary reactions to your surroundings, while feelings are more concrete.

I apolgize for the length and maybe formatting of this? I hope I explained properly, and that it's helpful. I'm very interested in what you have to say. Thanks!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'd say you are probably on the right track. If you aren't familiar, perhaps you could look into the Objective Personality System. It's the only system that explains types like NiFi (still INTJ but preferring to spend time internally processing visions of the future based on what the self likes/wants before taking action). It's a complex system, but I've noticed it draws an awful lot of NTJs, so you may really enjoy it. The layout, although very broad (512 total types) is organized quite well based on "coins", so it breaks down nicely... sort of a "this or that" system, but with repeating layers of "this or that", until you determine the specific type down to the 512 level.