• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Curious about type

Sid Rickman

I have received various results on tests, and I am curious as to what my "true" type is. I received INFJ on the Jungian test on this site, and I tend to receive INFP on most other tests, but not all. I received ESFJ on the sakinorva cognitive function test, but I believe that to be inaccurate, as I am extremely introverted. I am also quite unconscientious, and I additionally struggle with simply focusing on the "here and now" to accomplish tasks, i.e. "taking it one step at a time", I tend to think of possible scenarios that could occur years from now. So yes, focusing on the present has been quite the struggle for me. I thought that INFP could be a good fit, but I was told by someone that I have a speech pattern that indicates a sensing type. I was also told that it was unlikely that Ni was my dominant function, due to my relative weakness in nonverbal cognitive ability when contrasted with my verbal ability, purportedly making INFJ unlikely. I am also a very sensitive person, and I don't really spend a whole lot of time engaging with the "real world".
These are the functions I got on the Jungian test on this site:
jungian.png

sakinorva.net also had the NEO-PI-R, which is a big 5 test, so I took it and obtained these results:
neo-pi-r.png

The NEO-PI-R results seem quite accurate to me, although I expected agreeableness to be slightly higher.

I'll also fill out the questionnaire from the sticky thread. I hope I'll be able to gain some insight into my type.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I am between 15 and 20 years old, and I live in the USA. I have been diagnosed with level 1 ASD, and I am non-religious.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
INFP, ISFP, INFJ, and ESFJ. I haven't decided because I have gotten conflicting results.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

I am unsure of my precise purpose, as I'm still decently young, but I think that I'd find a lot of purpose in conducting scientific research, as it'd allow me to learn more about fields which interest me, and it'd allow me to make new contributions to the collective human knowledge base, which will continue to exist after I am gone.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I probably relate most to Sloth, and least to Pride. I relate to Sloth most, as I tend to have trouble giving tasks which don't fully interest me my full effort, even if they are objectively important. I relate the least to Pride, as I am often told that I tend to think too low of myself.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I am drawn to people who share at least some interests with me, and who concomitantly have the ability to discuss ideas and concepts in great depth, even if they aren't fully familiar with the concept being discussed, so an ability to learn very quickly.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I am not totally sure what type of people tend to be drawn to me, as I rarely spend time meeting new people.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
I despise superficial people. I am also repulsed by people who have short-sighted viewpoints, e.g. viewpoints which fail to consider all of the essential elements of an idea, viewpoints which lack nuance, and viewpoints which fail to consider the future ramifications of something, and the extent of those ramifications. However, this does not mean that I am simply repulsed by people who don't share the same views as me, because I believe that is untrue. I don't think I am repulsed by people who simply have views which oppose mine, provided those opposing views are well-thought-out.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
The ability to be productive consistently. While I can be productive at times, I have trouble doing it consistently, and the ability to consistently be productive is a trait which I admire.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I can feel anger pretty strongly. I tend to get quite angry when people are unreliable, when they make claims that fail to consider essential aspects of whatever issue they are making claims about, and when they are superficial.

b) Shame
I feel shame mainly when I fail to live up to my personal standards, and those standards can be quite high.

c) Fear
I admittedly do sometimes experience fear of the unknown, especially when considering future scenarios, such as how human-machine interaction may develop in the future.

d) Love/passion
If I grow to care about someone, I'll usually care about them a lot, and tend to overlook negative traits, but that extends the possibility of being hurt, so it's a double-edged sword.

e) Conflict
I feel that conflict is definitely sometimes necessary for resolving issues, so it frustrates me greatly when some people to do all they can to avoid the conflict which is necessary to resolve issues. I think that is much more damaging than just getting through the conflict, and resolving the underlying problems. It also upsets me quite a lot when some people transfer and externalize blame to avoid confronting underlying issues.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I had a pretty bad experience in Elementary school, and since then, my academic performance has been somewhat spasmodic, which has lead to diminished confidence in my academic abilities. That has been hard for me, as my primary goals for the future are quite entwined with academia.
8) Answer only one of the following:

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

I'd like to double major in biology and psychology, as I am interested in both of those fields, and I'm especially interested in where they overlap, such as the study of general intelligence. Ideally, I'd like to do well enough to get into a PhD program, but I am unsure if that is realistic, due to the aforementioned reasons.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Meeting a new person is usually at least somewhat awkward for me at first, but once I get past that initial awkwardness, I tend to focus on common interests, I enjoy discussing concepts which we're both interested in.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I feel that one of the biggest problems is the seeming inability of many people to consider the long-term consequences of their actions. I feel like many people are willing to run the risk of potentially causing serious and large-scale, consequences to preserve their convenience, and to avoid having to adopt different habits, like with climate change.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
As I mentioned earlier, I am interested in biology and psychology. I have also started a lot of hobby projects, but I have failed to finish many of them. A few years ago, I planned and built a 1,500 gallon outdoor fish pond and filtration system, but it took me a long time to finish it.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I rarely hang out with friends in real life, but when I do, I prefer to do so individually, or in small groups, as I find spending time in large groups to be draining.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both? I'm not sure if I can say which is more important to me, but the congruence between one's words and actions is probably most important to me. As I said earlier, I really dislike it when people are unreliable.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

Probably to never experience the sensation of taste. Eating is one of those "real world" things that while essential, tends to be a hassle for me. I often forget to eat, and fail to eat enough. I buy powdered nutrition shakes, as they are easy to prepare and consume.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I hope to avoid becoming someone who ends up old without having fully pursued their true interests, consequently leading to great regret.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I relate to that, I think I can sometimes become quite absorbed into my interests, and that is often when I am the most productive.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
My workspace is quite messy, but when I am working on projects that I am interested in, I tend to put a lot of effort into planning things out, and doing things properly. I am quite perfectionistic in that regard.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I largely view comfort as the ability to get enough sleep, to be able to pursue interests, and to be able to communicate with close friends. I have been diagnosed with delayed sleep phase syndrome, so I will often sleep during the day.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd guess enneagram 1 core. Probably 135 tritype. I'm not great at MBTI typing but I do think INxJ is far more likely than INFP.

Sid Rickman

I'd guess enneagram 1 core. Probably 135 tritype. I'm not great at MBTI typing but I do think INxJ is far more likely than INFP.
I have taken various enneagram questionnaires, and scored 4 consistently. Someone also typed me as 4 before I did the questionnaires.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have taken various enneagram questionnaires, and scored 4 consistently. Someone also typed me as 4 before I did the questionnaires.

Tests often mistype people as 4s. I tend to get 4, though I'm not one. If you are interested in pursuing enneagram, I'd recommend just reading about the types in a reliable source so that you're not getting information on 4s from people basing their information on those who are mistyped. I definitely see the frustrated idealist in you; I just think it's 1 and not 4 (ie from your answers it appears you're more concerned with being right/correct than you are about creating a broken person image and pursuing the unattainable, and you're more active than withdrawn in how you meet the world.)

Sid Rickman

Tests often mistype people as 4s. I tend to get 4, though I'm not one. If you are interested in pursuing enneagram, I'd recommend just reading about the types in a reliable source so that you're not getting information on 4s from people basing their information on those who are mistyped. I definitely see the frustrated idealist in you; I just think it's 1 and not 4 (ie from your answers it appears you're more concerned with being right/correct than you are about creating a broken person image and pursuing the unattainable, and you're more active than withdrawn in how you meet the world.)

I'm not super interested in enneagram specifically, I'm more interested in determining an MBTI type, but aren't 1s typically sensing types? I also read that they score low on openness to experience, which is something that I scored above the 99.9th percentile on.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not super interested in enneagram specifically, I'm more interested in determining an MBTI type, but aren't 1s typically sensing types? I also read that they score low on openness to experience, which is something that I scored above the 99.9th percentile on.

I don't think typing enneagram based on test results for other systems is the best idea. (I've also been told that I'm likely a 4 based on my Big 5 results. ;))

Hopefully someone else will help you with MBTI more.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

Just a thought in the wrong thread but I cant find the right one easily: Type 4 and 6 are the highest ones in Neuroticism by proper studies, and since Neuroticism could be a sign of the shadow or mix preferences, then type 4 and 6 being common mistypes should be expected. And also counting that 6 more does a purpose of being the "not fit the other enneagrams" type...

Also, if Enneagram 4 is for frustrated idealist, then I am a 4!

attachment.php

Type 1 are mostly composed by people that are Judgers in MBTI, ISTJ and INTJ specially.

1200px-MBTI_and_Enneagram_3.png

514f2d0ac0445ca8b07bda7c1ea1e7d1.png

I have received various results on tests, and I am curious as to what my "true" type is. I received INFJ on the Jungian test on this site, and I tend to receive INFP on most other tests, but not all. I received ESFJ on the sakinorva cognitive function test, but I believe that to be inaccurate, as I am extremely introverted. I am also quite unconscientious, and I additionally struggle with simply focusing on the "here and now" to accomplish tasks, i.e. "taking it one step at a time", I tend to think of possible scenarios that could occur years from now. So yes, focusing on the present has been quite the struggle for me. I thought that INFP could be a good fit, but I was told by someone that I have a speech pattern that indicates a sensing type. I was also told that it was unlikely that Ni was my dominant function, due to my relative weakness in nonverbal cognitive ability when contrasted with my verbal ability, purportedly making INFJ unlikely. I am also a very sensitive person, and I don't really spend a whole lot of time engaging with the "real world".
These are the functions I got on the Jungian test on this site:
jungian.png

sakinorva.net also had the NEO-PI-R, which is a big 5 test, so I took it and obtained these results:
neo-pi-r.png

The NEO-PI-R results seem quite accurate to me, although I expected agreeableness to be slightly higher.

I'll also fill out the questionnaire from the sticky thread. I hope I'll be able to gain some insight into my type.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I am between 15 and 20 years old, and I live in the USA. I have been diagnosed with level 1 ASD, and I am non-religious.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
INFP, ISFP, INFJ, and ESFJ. I haven't decided because I have gotten conflicting results.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

I am unsure of my precise purpose, as I'm still decently young, but I think that I'd find a lot of purpose in conducting scientific research, as it'd allow me to learn more about fields which interest me, and it'd allow me to make new contributions to the collective human knowledge base, which will continue to exist after I am gone.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I probably relate most to Sloth, and least to Pride. I relate to Sloth most, as I tend to have trouble giving tasks which don't fully interest me my full effort, even if they are objectively important. I relate the least to Pride, as I am often told that I tend to think too low of myself.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I am drawn to people who share at least some interests with me, and who concomitantly have the ability to discuss ideas and concepts in great depth, even if they aren't fully familiar with the concept being discussed, so an ability to learn very quickly.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I am not totally sure what type of people tend to be drawn to me, as I rarely spend time meeting new people.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
I despise superficial people. I am also repulsed by people who have short-sighted viewpoints, e.g. viewpoints which fail to consider all of the essential elements of an idea, viewpoints which lack nuance, and viewpoints which fail to consider the future ramifications of something, and the extent of those ramifications. However, this does not mean that I am simply repulsed by people who don't share the same views as me, because I believe that is untrue. I don't think I am repulsed by people who simply have views which oppose mine, provided those opposing views are well-thought-out.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
The ability to be productive consistently. While I can be productive at times, I have trouble doing it consistently, and the ability to consistently be productive is a trait which I admire.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I can feel anger pretty strongly. I tend to get quite angry when people are unreliable, when they make claims that fail to consider essential aspects of whatever issue they are making claims about, and when they are superficial.

b) Shame
I feel shame mainly when I fail to live up to my personal standards, and those standards can be quite high.

c) Fear
I admittedly do sometimes experience fear of the unknown, especially when considering future scenarios, such as how human-machine interaction may develop in the future.

d) Love/passion
If I grow to care about someone, I'll usually care about them a lot, and tend to overlook negative traits, but that extends the possibility of being hurt, so it's a double-edged sword.

e) Conflict
I feel that conflict is definitely sometimes necessary for resolving issues, so it frustrates me greatly when some people to do all they can to avoid the conflict which is necessary to resolve issues. I think that is much more damaging than just getting through the conflict, and resolving the underlying problems. It also upsets me quite a lot when some people transfer and externalize blame to avoid confronting underlying issues.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I had a pretty bad experience in Elementary school, and since then, my academic performance has been somewhat spasmodic, which has lead to diminished confidence in my academic abilities. That has been hard for me, as my primary goals for the future are quite entwined with academia.
8) Answer only one of the following:

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

I'd like to double major in biology and psychology, as I am interested in both of those fields, and I'm especially interested in where they overlap, such as the study of general intelligence. Ideally, I'd like to do well enough to get into a PhD program, but I am unsure if that is realistic, due to the aforementioned reasons.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Meeting a new person is usually at least somewhat awkward for me at first, but once I get past that initial awkwardness, I tend to focus on common interests, I enjoy discussing concepts which we're both interested in.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I feel that one of the biggest problems is the seeming inability of many people to consider the long-term consequences of their actions. I feel like many people are willing to run the risk of potentially causing serious and large-scale, consequences to preserve their convenience, and to avoid having to adopt different habits, like with climate change.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
As I mentioned earlier, I am interested in biology and psychology. I have also started a lot of hobby projects, but I have failed to finish many of them. A few years ago, I planned and built a 1,500 gallon outdoor fish pond and filtration system, but it took me a long time to finish it.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I rarely hang out with friends in real life, but when I do, I prefer to do so individually, or in small groups, as I find spending time in large groups to be draining.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both? I'm not sure if I can say which is more important to me, but the congruence between one's words and actions is probably most important to me. As I said earlier, I really dislike it when people are unreliable.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

Probably to never experience the sensation of taste. Eating is one of those "real world" things that while essential, tends to be a hassle for me. I often forget to eat, and fail to eat enough. I buy powdered nutrition shakes, as they are easy to prepare and consume.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I hope to avoid becoming someone who ends up old without having fully pursued their true interests, consequently leading to great regret.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I relate to that, I think I can sometimes become quite absorbed into my interests, and that is often when I am the most productive.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
My workspace is quite messy, but when I am working on projects that I am interested in, I tend to put a lot of effort into planning things out, and doing things properly. I am quite perfectionistic in that regard.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I largely view comfort as the ability to get enough sleep, to be able to pursue interests, and to be able to communicate with close friends. I have been diagnosed with delayed sleep phase syndrome, so I will often sleep during the day.

Dude, your level of Neuroticism is very high and that is known for clouding preferences in various cases. Typing people with high neuroticism is a problem, either you try to be on the present moment and arrive at most obvious answer or you try to guess into where are the distortion and will likely to arrive at an extreme awkward result where the OP wont be happy with (and that not even you know its correct). Its almost impossible to find that answer except in very specific cases.

A Ni-Fi pair can be a very introverted INFJ pair or a ENFP in-transit pair as well (ENFP being temporarily INFJ). It can be many things. I like Sakinorva for many things, but not for their Big 5 test. That version you took really distort the percentiles (because the Sakinorva girl/guy, I think its girl not sure, doesnt have a proper sample and I think the proper sample is likely a top secret to avoid people copying the test), so dont take the 99s seriously, they are likely 70-95 ranges, and the same for 0s. Also about sakinorva, Sakinorva cognitive functions test have 3 or 4 methods, one is Grant in form of what I call Sum Typing, another one is dichotomy, one of them is not shown much info but its likely statistical fit, and one of them has the name of "Axis" something. Well, if your result comes from the Axis one, you gotta know that not even the test creator takes that method seriously, and I agree with him. The results from that method are incredibly inaccurate, thats likely where you got ESFJ (likely and hopefully).

So, I cant really get a straight answer here, sorry, I would guess, for the moment, INFP, in superficial and present moment take (the same take that would lead you to enneagram 4), I dont think I can use any of deeper methods here.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I score high in neuroticism, too. ;)

Do you relate to descriptions of Ni?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I score high in neuroticism, too. ;)

Do you relate to descriptions of Ni?

Thats why the test will pull you to enneagram four. Some of them literally put neuroticism questions for type 4.

Sid Rickman

I've tended to score very high for neuroticism across all the big 5 tests that I've taken. I may try to take the NEO-PI-3 officially, once the coronavirus stuff clears up. I do somewhat relate to descriptions of Ni, I've been called a "mind reader" by multiple friends.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I've tended to score very high for neuroticism across all the big 5 tests that I've taken. I may try to take the NEO-PI-3 officially, once the coronavirus stuff clears up. I do somewhat relate to descriptions of Ni, I've been called a "mind reader" by multiple friends.

There is this version that is the best and most complete Big 5 test on the internet:
Personality Assessor | IPIP-300 Personality Test

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] that it's currently not possible to type you. Your neuroticism is through the roof, and combined with extremely low levels of positive emotions as well, it's quite likely that you aren't the most healthy individual currently. Sure we could assign a type for you, but it would probably do more harm than good.

However, some things are worth mentioning. First, it's extremely ambitious to do a double major at once. That much pressure combined with some form of anxiety is certainly problematic. Why you don't major just in biology while keeping psychology as a personal hobby? I think you're probably so anxious about having to perform perfectly and meeting incredibly high standards that it actually paralyses yourself and makes you unable to act. Set smaller goals, you'll be surprised at how much more efficient you can become once you accomplish small successes. And most colleges should give you the opportunity to learn things in whatever order you want them to be. And maybe talk to a professional psychologist, not about type, but about helping you deal with getting to work, and they're way better at that than some people on an online forum :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's still possible to attempt to type you. I've taken tests where I got very high scores in Neuroticism myself (not that particular one
).

Regarding enneagram, Vendrah is right in the high neuroticism score contributing to why you've gotten 4 as a result. 9s can actually be more sensitive than 4s. 9w1 could be a good possibility for you, actually.

But getting to what you came here for...

Do you tend to create/brainstorm possibilities? Or do you tend to see how things are going to work out? Do you have a lot of epiphanies? Or could you spend a lot of time just imagining different ways something could happen?

Are you more in tune with how you feel about things, do you have strong reactions to people and situations? Or is it more automatic for you to recognize how others are feeling and to pick up on the mood of the room?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
It had facets.
extraversion.png

agreeableness.png

conscientiousness.png

neuroticism.png

openness.png

Thanks for the effort, Ill see if I can dig something from that tomorrow, but dont expect much.
Cases where Neuroticism are higher than 80% are very difficult to type, in 70% it already starts to cloud type.
And I agree with [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION].

Sid Rickman

I think it's still possible to attempt to type you. I've taken tests where I got very high scores in Neuroticism myself (not that particular one
).

Regarding enneagram, Vendrah is right in the high neuroticism score contributing to why you've gotten 4 as a result. 9s can actually be more sensitive than 4s. 9w1 could be a good possibility for you, actually.

But getting to what you came here for...

Do you tend to create/brainstorm possibilities? Or do you tend to see how things are going to work out? Do you have a lot of epiphanies? Or could you spend a lot of time just imagining different ways something could happen?

Are you more in tune with how you feel about things, do you have strong reactions to people and situations? Or is it more automatic for you to recognize how others are feeling and to pick up on the mood of the room?

I've been called "a good problem solver", but it can sometimes be more difficult for me to trace back my thought processes, like how I arrived at a conclusion.

The question regarding the feelings is a bit more difficult, I'm not sure how well I can pick up on the mood of a room, since I don't really spend time in groups like that, however I would say that based on feedback from people I've known, I tend to be decent at picking up on what others are feeling, without really having to put effort into it. I can also react emotionally quite strongly to things, I'm very sensitive, but I also sometimes have a hard time pinpointing precisely how I feel, and more often why I feel a certain way. I'll sometimes get feeling kind of down, and have a hard time pinpointing exactly why. I also tend to be unafraid of stirring up discordance when attempting to correct something I feel is wrong.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=40590]Sid Rickman[/MENTION]

So, I did already the dig I had to. For the moment, and for the short and mid-term future as well, I have very few people on my lists, or, in other words, I am "undersampled". Quite undersampled.

From what I could check so far (and this time a little deeper), Intuition and Openness to Experience seems to be quite resistant to Neuroticism. From what I could check, the drops on Openness and Intuition are very small or near zero for intuitive people, meaning that Neuroticism wont turn you temporarily into a sensor or turn a sensor into intuitive (although "adaptation" could still do that). There is some few different reinforcements to that matter. So, basically, looking at your case, it is very likely that you are intuitive and that even if Neuroticism drops, Openness and Intuition would not change much. I have average values for that table for INFJ, Neurotic INFP, Highly Introverted INFP, highly Extroverted ENFP, Ambivert ENFP and INTP. Highest levels of Openness to Experience in average are both ENTP and ENFP, but, as I could check, it is possible, although less unlikely, for a INFJ to get very high levels as well. So, at least I can answer that you are an intuitive type, its already something better than nothing, it is very unlikely that you are a sensor "on shadow" (however thats me navigating against the current that N/S is immune to high Neuroticism).

You dont seem to be on a deep stage of Neuroticism, perhaps it is recent? INFP and very likely ENFP, at a higher stage of Neuroticism, tends to have Agreeableness very reduced. Thats not all the cases, most of the cases. Looking also with your trust value also suggest that as well (that you have been neurotic for less time and in a less deep stage in comparison). INFJ is unknown, should have that reduction either. So, supposing that (a good guess), then if you were INFJ then your Conscientiousness would still be dropping and be in the middle rather than very low. Uniting that with very high level of Openness to Experience, means that you are likely a NP type. Also, at least in the beginning of INFP Neuroticism, Conscientiousness gets even lower (although it could rise very fast in a later stage).

However, news for T/F isnt that good. Looking at Agreeableness and Emotion facet, it is impossible to tell you if you are a thinker type being very emotional or if you are really a feeling type. The latter is slightly more likely, but I couldnt really trust on that. Introversion and Extroversion is another unknown question. So far, you seem to be more close to the naturally introvert than a repressed extrovert. In one side, the high Openness to Experience suggest extraversion, in other side, the values of extraversion on Big 5 suggests otherwise.

So, I can really say that you are NP type as my final opinion. Trying to force a choice, I would say INFP and that you are raising your Ni up as a measure of self-protection from something, and I say that due to low Se (Se is important for Extraverted Intuitives, specially for Type 7 Extraverted Intuitives) and low Conscientiousness.

For Enneagram, since we have big 5 info, considering Neuroticism, the best fit is type 4. Disregarding Neuroticism, type 4 is still a good fit, with a small chance of 9 being a fit (but Openness is a little high for a type 9). Considering only Openness to Experience High and Conscietiousness low, type 4 or 5 or 9if introverted and type 7 or 9 if Extroverted (1,2,3,6,8 are all quite unlikely for you).

I hope it helps. Just asking for a little supplementary information, could you take a dichotomy test? Could be either truity one or 16P:
Personality Test of Myers & Briggs' 16 Types | TypeFinder(R)
Free personality test, type descriptions, relationship and career advice

| 16Personalities

EDIT: As a bonus (thats from the Ne section of my own blog from my signature)
np5.png

I used that and further stuff.

Sid Rickman

Thanks, I had also thought that I was an intuitive type, but I think I mentioned earlier that someone typed me as ISFP not too long ago, because of something about my speech pattern, along with a reluctance to accept interpretations which aren't my own. I do sometimes wonder if I could really be a sensing type, as I can sometimes find environmental stimuli to be somewhat overwhelming.