• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you see me as?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
HEXCODER'S TYPE ME THREAD

I don't even care for typology much anymore, but I'm making this anyway because I'm curious what people have to say about my type anyway. I also think there's potential for gaining insight into myself when others explain their reasoning, so while I may not value typology much, I do see the value in asking about my type...especially now, as I'm developing a sense of self and trying to discover or form who I am.

1• It's okay if I won't agree with you. I'm not going to jump down your throat or get defensive or something. Just speak your mind. I don't want to hear type validation, I want to know what you genuinely think.

2• It's also okay if you're really not sure and trying to give your best guess.

3• This is the place where you can ask me questions to try to figure out my type, so ask me anything. Those of you that have seen me around the forums know I'm a rather open book. Several have said I'm difficult to type, so...feel free to ask any questions you need to in order to clarify things.

4• I realize we may use different type definitions and I'm fine with that. Type me according to your own understandings. I may be a different type with your definitions than I am according to my definitions. That's cool with me, I don't mind.

5• Please explain your reasoning behind your responses.

6• Thanks in advance for taking the time to do this.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
QUESTIONNAIRE
Just to kick things off...

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I think I'm a rather complex person with a lot of nuances. Some others think so, too.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Happiness...for obvious reasons. Closeness with my people because they matter the most to me in life. Also...my own family. I don't have one that's healthy enough for me to be able to stay in their lives or form close, healthy relationships with them. Every time I contact my dad he starts gaslighting and manipulating 3 texts into the conversation; the last thing my brother told me was "I won't be at your funeral" when I shared some health related things going on, he's manipulative like our father, we have a rough history and he abused me when we were growing up and when I tried to forgive him and move on he acted like a dick in the end; my mother repeatedly demonstrates a lack of care and several kinds of toxicity (manipulative, controlling, etc.) and refuses to ever change or work on herself, and it's unhealthy for me to be around her. There's always a void now, I don't even really have cousins or anyone to be close to. I want to break the cycle and end the toxicity that seems to travel through this bloodline. I want to know what it's like to have a healthy family. I also yearn for financial stability and security. Emotional stability/mental health is a big one as well.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Probably right now, at this point in my life, actually. I'm more emotionally stable than I've ever been in my entire life I think, I'm not being abused, I'm finally getting better medically, I have some peace in my life, the bills I have are getting paid, my self-employment side job is getting better all the time, I'm improving all the time and continuously becoming a better version of myself, I have things I look forward to having in the future and it'll be the first time I've ever had a healthy and normal life so I'm happy things are on their way there now, I'm finally learning how to love myself, I've got a wonderful boyfriend that genuinely loves me and is serious about me and I feel the same way about him, I'm stronger than I was before because of my newfound emotional stability and it feels like life is a video game that just switched from super hard to easy mode because I'm used to things being way more intense than this.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Nothing. You're human, I'm human...we all have our strengths and weaknesses...so why should I feel inferior again? I don't see people as superior or inferior. I don't think that way. Everyone is on an equal level in my eyes and I don't deal with people who try to add those kinds of dynamics to my life by acting like superiority/inferiority matters. :rolleyes: Not impressed. You're not fooling me and neither is anything else.

Just as one example of how I think instead...maybe someone sees nice cars and big fancy houses as having more success than my currently homeless self, but I see it this way: those are just inanimate objects. Those objects are temporal. You're just another member of the same species as me living on the same planet as me. That life is temporal. Your so-called "success" is temporal (by the way, that's a multifarious word and I can find things I'm more successful than you in too). All I have to do is zoom out: everything is relative to comparison, and when I compare you to countless people you are not as "successful" as, suddenly you don't seem all that grand anymore, do you? So should I treat you like shit because of it? Should I pick on all your weaker areas you're less successful than me in? Should we all treat each other like shit because we can all find ways we're superior/inferior if we want to? What value, benefit, or quality does that way of thinking add to anyone's lives? Why do those things matter? I won't let anyone make me feel this way, nor will I see others that way...and I bet the fact that I'm not bothering with superiority/inferiority dynamics makes it easier for me to be happy in life and actually reach out and form genuine connections with human beings without all the bullshit interfering.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
All of those. It depends on what it is. It's important to consider multiple factors, why would I be so simple-minded that I only do one? That doesn't even seem realistic or human.
"People" is very vague, what does that even mean?
Why do you get some space from an ex after you break up? How you feel about it.
Why do you go to a concert or ride roller-coasters at theme parks? Is it because there are just so many great pros? Are you thinking about that dopamine hit being good for your brain? No, it's how you feel about it.
How do you buy a new car, decide where to move to, or choose which school to go to? Maybe a mix of how you feel about it too sometimes, but mainly the pros and cons.
Why do human beings respond to consequence/reward systems? The pros/cons, maybe sometimes how those pros/cons feel to us, depending on what the thing is.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

...wut?

What kind of project? Is it an art project? Is it a building project? Do I even care about this project in particular? If I do or don't it's going to impact whether I want control over the outcome, so the answer varies. Am I the one that has to be happy with the outcome or is it something being done for someone else such as a customer or something so that they should control the outcome? Are there other people even involved? If I'm working independently it doesn't automatically mean I want to be in control of the outcome, maybe I'd seek feedback from others or something...depending on what the project is, how experienced I am, what it's for, whatever. Is it something I'm more equipped to handle than others? How would I know what my "emphasis" is with such a vague question? I can't even tell what options I have in terms of emphasizing something.

giphy.gif

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Sitting in my room 100% alone in a quiet, peaceful environment researching shit about psychology on my computer
Uhhhhh I remember most of what I researched probably, the main details of the environments I was in, in some instances what I was wearing, things I ate around those times, etc.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Memorization is obviously necessary for learning new things regardless of how you learn...I mean, you have to retain the new shit you're learning. I use a lot of trial and error and I have the tendency to try to figure things out primarily by myself. I figured Adobe Photoshop out mostly through experimentation for example, I didn't have the attention span for tutorials, so that was hands on, playing around with everything, sometimes looking up short tutorials I often fast forwarded through to get the main gist of things and move on. However, I kinda regret this and learned from it, and I've stopped being so bad about it. It just slowed my learning down and made me miss some basics. With my BPD stuff I'm mostly researching definitions or how BPD works and then using my own willpower/theories or ideas to try to figure out how to overcome it because I don't have access to therapy yet, but...so far I'm making good progress quite quickly, so I guess I'm doing alright. I've noticed that I have to ask for examples a lot of times if things being said are too abstract or generalized though.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm actually pretty inconsistent in this and I think depression throws me off so I need more time to determine what my baseline is. Currently I'd say I'm about average? Not the most organized, but not disorganized as hell either unless I'm dealing with depression. I can organize easily when I want to and all, I'm just not rigid about it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I like to double check the former using the latter to verify accuracy.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I mean...I lean toward the latter, but I definitely wouldn't say that's a harmony seeking thing...sometimes it leads to a lack thereof...but that's the entire idea of being true to yourself, you don't let that stop you. Why would I give a shit if others belong to a group? Let them decide if they want that themselves, that's none of my business. Hell, I don't even care if I belong to a group.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I often think by speaking (writing) rather than before. Talking/writing helps me to get my thoughts out of my head and sort through things. Part 2: It depends, I guess I'm comfortable with both, but...usually I will kind of narrow in on one or two people in a group on accident. I try not to but it's just so automatic for me...I'm not trying to be partial but it's dead obvious who I'm interested in when I'm talking in a group...I kind of dislike this about myself and I'm working to improve it to be more inclusive of everyone.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping?
I don't know. Both? For example, if I'm driving someone to somewhere I don't like all that, "turn left here, ok turn right here" shit. Stahp. Where are we going? I want a full overview. I can be kind of impulsive sometimes though too.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Is this the best introvert / extrovert question these people could come up with? So if I chose to hang out with my friends instead of being alone in one particular instance, this somehow means I'm energized by social interactions and am not focused more inwardly on my own thoughts and inner world? Right. Sure.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Lol...like it's just another normal day unless you count venting to some friends or seeking advice from them. I never take things out on others or anything like that. Hell, I don't even take it out on the person stressing me out if someone is. I deal with things without getting worked up or bent out of shape now that I'm stable on meds...unless it's a BPD episode. I used to direct things inward toward myself in destructive ways though. A lot of times I still smile, but it's not always necessarily a fake smile, it's just that once you've been through enough shit it gets easier to deal with everything else life throws at you. I don't know, I just compartmentalize my stress also I guess? I'd sooner get anxiety attacks than anything.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Manipulation, power dynamics, mind games/subtle indirect shit like that, victim mentality, victim mentality, VICTIM MENTALITY, toxic levels of negativity, expecting everyone to coddle hypersensitive feelings like SJWs do, very high reactivity with very low self-control (yelling and screaming at people all the time, etc.), emotional invalidation, "who has the worst issues" competitions, insincerity, being fake, and other toxic shit.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yeah, I love exploring each others' personal realms. I want to know what they like/are into, how they think, how they feel, how they see things in life, any ways they're different than me, what we have in common, their culture, their back story, and basically just...anything that adds color to their personality or what makes them them. I just want to sink into their core and explore their inner world and understand them thoroughly. I'm horrible at drawing people out though, so I really like voluntarily open people because then I can explore them more.

18) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Friends see me as honest, authentic, open, trustworthy, intelligent, strong.
They would never say I'm weak, manipulative, or have ulterior motives in things.

19) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Not gonna lie, I'd be on my computer all damn day. Probably with lots of comforts: cozy blanket and a pillow pile, comfortable clothes, some sort of drinks and snacks I enjoy, cuddly cats, a clean environment, just...comforts.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP with an aversion to being "emotional" due to upbringing. You have a hard time understanding your own emotions. You set them aside for logic because it is how you have survived. It which creates a looping of not knowing your purpose, or what makes you happy due to lack of direction. Like you are going in two directions at once, but refuse to give up the other. So it is a bit of tug-o-war of self. You have highly evolved values and beliefs, but there is conflict between your true self and Si. You know what you have been through, and it contradicts what you feel. Leaving you confused or self-flagellating. You focus on expression and escape, the trapped Ne and Te. Constantly trying, ruminating, and struggling to manifest to be who you think you need to be, rather than who you want to be/are deep down.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
INFP with an aversion to being "emotional" due to upbringing. You have a hard time understanding your own emotions. You set them aside for logic because it is how you have survived. It which creates a looping of not knowing your purpose, or what makes you happy due to lack of direction. like you are going in two directions at once, but refuse to give up the other. So it is a bit of tug-o-war of self. You have highly evolved values and beliefs, but there is conflict between your true self and Si.
I can buy prior to bolded and have often considered this possibility myself, but as for the bolded...I'd say I'm very happy and I know where I'm headed in life now that I have working meds...or did I misunderstand you?

You know what you have been through, and it contradicts what you feel. Leaving you confused or self-flagellating. You focus on expression and escape, the trapped Ne and Te.
Can you clarify the bolded? I don't understand what it is that I would feel. When/about what am I confused or self-flagellating? (If you're talking about beating myself up, that's only during episodes and it is recognized in the DSM as a symptom of said episodes...otherwise clarification would be appreciated because I can't recall doing this, but I am considering the possibility that I lack self-awareness or that different words could have been more accurate and thus led to a different understanding.)

Constantly trying, ruminating, and struggling to manifest to be who you think you need to be, rather than who you want to be/are deep down.
The bolded in this is very true, but it's from being sent the message that "you're never good enough" from my father on a rather extreme level. He was big on changing and improving as the remedy, so now I do this with myself...never good enough, always need to change and improve. (At one point I thought if I'm so shitty that even my own father can't stand me when he's supposed to be more loving than others, then how would anyone else? I thought I wasn't good enough to be loved because he was always abusing me for "doing something wrong," he would accuse me of one flaw after another for hours and hours like every day when I was close to him in my early 20's.) The other part of me is just motivated by either wanting to be a good person and not do anything wrong or be toxic/negatively affect others, or by wanting a better quality life though. I think it's a combination between my dad's abuse and just me having a good heart.

The main problem I have with INFP is the idealism. I see myself as a practical, reasonable, and sensible person, and Cas sees me the same way. Cas and @SirCanSir understand me better than anyone so I'm inclined to accept their assessments most of the time. Sir hasn't told me his thoughts on this before though. The other problem I have with it is that I dislike messing with theories just for the sake of theories, there is always a practical reason or an ability to arrive to evidence based conclusions if I'm messing with them. I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong about INFP, just that these are the primary things that stand in the way of being convinced of it. I guess you could say I recognize there might be a difference between being objectively right/wrong and just subjectively perceiving it as right/wrong.

PS Thanks for replying.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can buy prior to bolded and have often considered this possibility myself, but as for the bolded...I'd say I'm very happy and I know where I'm headed in life now that I have working meds...or did I misunderstand you?

Can you clarify the bolded? I don't understand what it is that I would feel. When/about what am I confused or self-flagellating? (If you're talking about beating myself up, that's only during episodes and it is recognized in the DSM as a symptom of said episodes...otherwise clarification would be appreciated because I can't recall doing this, but I am considering the possibility that I lack self-awareness or that different words could have been more accurate and thus led to a different understanding.)

The bolded in this is very true, but it's from being sent the message that "you're never good enough" from my father on a rather extreme level. He was big on changing and improving as the remedy, so now I do this with myself...never good enough, always need to change and improve. (At one point I thought if I'm so shitty that even my own father can't stand me when he's supposed to be more loving than others, then how would anyone else? I thought I wasn't good enough to be loved because he was always abusing me for "doing something wrong," he would accuse me of one flaw after another for hours and hours like every day when I was close to him in my early 20's.) The other part of me is just motivated by either wanting to be a good person and not do anything wrong or be toxic/negatively affect others, or by wanting a better quality life though. I think it's a combination between my dad's abuse and just me having a good heart.

The main problem I have with INFP is the idealism. I see myself as a practical, reasonable, and sensible person, and Cas sees me the same way. Cas and @SirCanSir understand me better than anyone so I'm inclined to accept their assessments most of the time. Sir hasn't told me his thoughts on this before though. The other problem I have with it is that I dislike messing with theories just for the sake of theories, there is always a practical reason or an ability to arrive to evidence based conclusions if I'm messing with them. I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong about INFP, just that these are the primary things that stand in the way of being convinced of it. I guess you could say I recognize there might be a difference between being objectively right/wrong and just subjectively perceiving it as right/wrong.

PS Thanks for replying.

What I mean by the whole "You know what you've been through", is that you often use your past as a compass to navigate the present. Which doesn't always align properly. It can close doors, due to percieved threats when there are none. Inhibiting you from sometimes making the choice you need to move forward. I have seen you be hard on yourself a lo, but if you want to write that all off as your condition, go ahead.

Also, a lot of the times my assessments are the result of my personal observations more than what one says about themselves. How I write them, is almost entirely intuitive. So if its inaccurate, my apologies. I was inebriated when I wrote this. :mellow:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I was inebriated when I wrote this. :mellow:
Yeah, thought you might have been tbh. I was a bit too open to some of the things you said but it's because I didn't want to seem combative, defensive, ungrateful for the time you took, or deter people from replying, but it did seem like another drunk Yami post.

And yes, I will write it off as that, as I'm not like that unless I'm in a low. You're probably misunderstanding me as being "hard on myself" or "beating myself up" while in reality it's me objectively analyzing my flaws or unhealthy areas of myself and striving to improve myself. That one is something I do constantly, but my views of myself are not critical and there's no emotion at all in or behind that, it's just me trying to figure it all out. That constant introspection and self-analysis is why I grow very quickly. Other than that I am just honest about my flaws and don't mind admitting them and can talk about them casually :shrug:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My impression is that you are difficult to type. I've found with people who are difficult to place in a type, that sometimes it is because their lower function pair is very strong. I have a theory that some people can have two function pairs that are relatively equal, or perhaps take turns having prominence. For some reason I've tended to notice it with the Ni-Fe/Ti-Se and Ni-Te/Fi-Se pairings, but I've also known some INTP/ISFJ Ti-Ne/Si-Fe functions of equal strength in some people. I tend to see you as being one of these sets in a way that can swap function order.

It seems like you are either a person who swaps between INFJ and ISTP or INTJ and ISFP. You do have a quality that seems very ISP, and I notice you often choose that typing. You are also very comfortable conversing in an especially abstract, subtle, and theoretical realm that is different from ISP generally. I would say my impression for your perceiving functions are Ni and Se because there is a way you seem to engage directly the concrete world, but also reflect abstractly in an individualized, personal way that has a focused and distilling quality.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
My impression is that you are difficult to type. I've found with people who are difficult to place in a type, that sometimes it is because their lower function pair is very strong. I have a theory that some people can have two function pairs that are relatively equal, or perhaps take turns having prominence. For some reason I've tended to notice it with the Ni-Fe/Ti-Se and Ni-Te/Fi-Se pairings, but I've also known some INTP/ISFJ Ti-Ne/Si-Fe functions of equal strength in some people. I tend to see you as being one of these sets in a way that can swap function order.

It seems like you are either a person who swaps between INFJ and ISTP or INTJ and ISFP. You do have a quality that seems very ISP, and I notice you often choose that typing. You are also very comfortable conversing in an especially abstract, subtle, and theoretical realm that is different from ISP generally. I would say my impression for your perceiving functions are Ni and Se because there is a way you seem to engage directly the concrete world, but also reflect abstractly in an individualized, personal way that has a focused and distilling quality.
I can't think of much of anything to say about this tbh but I like the out of the box thinking.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
INFP with an aversion to being "emotional" due to upbringing. You have a hard time understanding your own emotions. You set them aside for logic because it is how you have survived. It which creates a looping of not knowing your purpose, or what makes you happy due to lack of direction. Like you are going in two directions at once, but refuse to give up the other. So it is a bit of tug-o-war of self. You have highly evolved values and beliefs, but there is conflict between your true self and Si. You know what you have been through, and it contradicts what you feel. Leaving you confused or self-flagellating. You focus on expression and escape, the trapped Ne and Te. Constantly trying, ruminating, and struggling to manifest to be who you think you need to be, rather than who you want to be/are deep down.

And [MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION] (Hexcoder) (cheap joke: Your type is, obviously, the coder type. Coders like to code and decode the world!)

Despite you being inebriated when writing this, I find it at least poetic. Very poetic. It seems some INTP/ENTP (specially the latter) people can throw something poetic randomly lol. I believe some parts of it and Im going to crazily advocate for it.

The aversion of being emotional is a starter for apathy. Its about being apathetic - shut down the emotions and make efforts to detach and not care. Its a defense mechanism I did to myself, and I did have a copy of a function test and it did bring me some good T on dichotomy but I still score good on Fi. Its good to suppress many bad emotions, but it will take happy moments with it (well, when you dont happen to have much happy moments, then thats not a bad price to pay). There are some "cold" aspects of Fi as Jung may step them into himself, and these likely can run with still apathy. And this: "you have hard time understanding your emotion", is correct, but better rephrased as "there's no emotion at all".

The two directions and tug-of-war, are you switching preferences over the time to adapt (yeah, Im slowly starting learning and understanding adaptation and how it can screw MBTI). Like in "I don't know. Both?" kind of answers. The adaptation is the conflict between your true self and your situation (lets say that Si is from Situation :D). What you have been through contradicts what you feel, because everything that you have been through seems wrong, wrong and wrong. And this combined with adaptation explains the last phrase: Constantly trying, ruminating, and struggling to manifest to be who you think you need to be, rather than who you want to be/are deep down. Thats the stress in the process of adapting through harsh circumstances.

Please say "its all BS" so far if you think it is, so I dont need to extend the conversation. I did a crazy risky jump here, because if Im wrong, Ill likely be ridiculously wrong.

Know, getting a little bit far, it is really difficult to type somebody that rebels against the questions. I mean, if these questions are all stupid ("is this the best extraversion question you got?"), then why are you answering them? If this stuff is all stupid, why are you looking into all of them? Why are you....? I actually know the answer and you partially know the answer you asked the questionnaire all the time lol. But that rebellion clouds everything. Your story touch my hearts and you have your rights to act like that, but, rebelling against the questions is not a good idea, except that sometimes we only have these questions to rebel and no one else because, you know, our mouth needs food and water.

So, yeah, due to 'strong' backstory, typing gets really difficult here. I type using two mental windows, the dichotomy one arrived at almost nothing (you do a good effort to escape answering it on the cliche ways meaning that the reliable and cliche tools to type are out of hand). The cognitive function ones, well, there is nothing I can say about N/S, slightly about E/I, but there is one thing I can say: You are not a EXXJ; You have repulse for Extraverted Judgment stuff (I partially do as well, partially!). "Hell, I don't even care if I belong to a group.", "Why would I give a shit if others belong to a group?", nice cars and fancy houses, extraverted judgment are into the regular "success" idea, in one way or another, because Te and Fe are the measures of success and they are into Te and Fe into a very heavy way (different than IXXJ that have this factor very moderated and can have more diverse use of these cognitive functions). Te and Fe are about how you look onto society, and, even if you are defeated, I already "testemonied" (ok, I forgot how to write that word properly) that "defeated" people does use these functions in a significant way will do comparisons all the time using the society standards as a criteria of judgment, will find a way to present themselves in a more up way, rather than question it (Fe and Te have society standards judgment as a very important aspect that a dom of these functions cant escape, only people with it as auxiliary or in the middle of the stack can). Even if they have to use religion for that. And that, is in no way, you. Or me, for instance. Yep, I took heavy on EXXJ in a dark way, but thats real and in-line to Jung Fe and partially Te, what I described is part of something that somebody would put in a "weakness" list on EXXJ type on a more soft way.

So, not EXXJ already takes 4 types out of the list. I can say I help in something. But I am not done here yet.

From all these questions, I saw not much in cognitive functions, not really. But I see that you alternate between cognitive functions easily. Well, in a out-of-box thinking, instead of believing on these tertiary functions that I actually dont, I sometimes like to work with the idea that people have multiple tertiary function that Id rather call support functions, like 2-4 of them, with them arranged into a way that is more or less independent of type. As far as I could measure, SJ types (removing ISFJ and replacing with ENTJ) generally have a low value in middle-four functions, so I can say that you are not ISTJ, ESTJ or ESFJ, and I also know that there are lots of these types out there (ISTJ specially) in a way its unlikely for them to have much reasons to decentralize the cognitive functions use.

But I spotted something on the question 4, and checked that some other answers carry traces about it well, and that made me agree even more with [MENTION=37565]Maou[/MENTION] drunk post. I want to explain what "idealism" means in a INFP sense (or, rather, Fi sense), and its quite difficult to do that, its kind of like explaining an abstract image with words. Most idealism, or ideal words, carry some idea of an utopian fantasy where everything is perfect, like that? An unrealistic fantasy, like that? Something like that. Well, in this context, superficially, INFP idealistic is like that. However, deeply, all these INFP ideals from INFPs connects to each other (their "idealistic fantasys" are deeply connected and share some stuff in common). One of the connections in these INFP ideals is trust. Well, you dont expect anyone lying, cheating, manipulating, or doing that stuff in any idealistic fantasy, not really. And that is one of the core their idealism is. So, here is a first part of the time where you are idealistic, either in yourself or in others: "Friends see me as honest, authentic, open, trustworthy, intelligent, strong.
They would never say I'm weak, manipulative, or have ulterior motives in things."
"16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Manipulation, power dynamics, mind games/subtle indirect shit like that, victim mentality, victim mentality, VICTIM MENTALITY, toxic levels of negativity, expecting everyone to coddle hypersensitive feelings like SJWs do, very high reactivity with very low self-control (yelling and screaming at people all the time, etc.), emotional invalidation, "who has the worst issues" competitions, insincerity, being fake, and other toxic shit."

Now comes the second idealistic point on INFPs idealistic fantasys. They dont have people suffering, and, in INFPs sense, the inequality of that society is at least not high, and it is low or near zero. Most INFPs idealistic world wont have much "income disparity" (or "wealth" disparity), which implys quite a block for some Fe and Te facets (the ones linked with social prestige), but, also, mainly, carries on them some idea of "equality", although it is not, exactly and at all, about being equal, but perhaps being respected as equal? Something like that, the proper word is in lack here. And the whole answer to question 4 screams that.

So, there is "idealism" on you, not on the superficial and cliche sense, but on a deep sense. Now, I dont really have much means to know if that idealism comes from your story or from your personality, but buying for later so I can have an answer, I think you are IXFP type adapting and "apathing". Thats it, hope my text helps something, and, know that I stopped to think, you had made me do some controversial points lol.

And being rebellious and wanting autonomy is associated with INTP type (partially true to their cousins, specially ISTP), not sure if this helps in something here lol.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
One thing I will definitely say is that I'm introverted as hell. Originally I typed this on the confession thread, but then I thought I should post it here as well.

There are some people I like and am really am interested in getting to know more but I don't have enough social energy to actually make the efforts I otherwise would. Sometimes I barely keep up with the connections I've already formed. My social energy reserves are so stupidly low that I can't even handle a regular lifestyle easily, even just going to a job stretches me beyond my limits.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
This is going to be long, but if you'd like to learn about psychopaths in the real world (not Hollywood) and how they work, and their victims and how they're affected, this is an opportunity to do so.

And @Hexcoder (Hexcoder) (cheap joke: Your type is, obviously, the coder type. Coders like to code and decode the world!)

The aversion of being emotional is a starter for apathy. Its about being apathetic - shut down the emotions and make efforts to detach and not care. Its a defense mechanism I did to myself, and I did have a copy of a function test and it did bring me some good T on dichotomy but I still score good on Fi. Its good to suppress many bad emotions, but it will take happy moments with it (well, when you dont happen to have much happy moments, then thats not a bad price to pay). There are some "cold" aspects of Fi as Jung may step them into himself, and these likely can run with still apathy. And this: "you have hard time understanding your emotion", is correct, but better rephrased as "there's no emotion at all".

The two directions and tug-of-war, are you switching preferences over the time to adapt (yeah, Im slowly starting learning and understanding adaptation and how it can screw MBTI). Like in "I don't know. Both?" kind of answers. The adaptation is the conflict between your true self and your situation (lets say that Si is from Situation :D). What you have been through contradicts what you feel, because everything that you have been through seems wrong, wrong and wrong. And this combined with adaptation explains the last phrase: Constantly trying, ruminating, and struggling to manifest to be who you think you need to be, rather than who you want to be/are deep down. Thats the stress in the process of adapting through harsh circumstances.

Please say "its all BS" so far if you think it is, so I dont need to extend the conversation. I did a crazy risky jump here, because if Im wrong, Ill likely be ridiculously wrong.

Know, getting a little bit far, it is really difficult to type somebody that rebels against the questions. I mean, if these questions are all stupid ("is this the best extraversion question you got?"), then why are you answering them? If this stuff is all stupid, why are you looking into all of them? Why are you....? I actually know the answer and you partially know the answer you asked the questionnaire all the time lol. But that rebellion clouds everything. Your story touch my hearts and you have your rights to act like that, but, rebelling against the questions is not a good idea, except that sometimes we only have these questions to rebel and no one else because, you know, our mouth needs food and water.
I actually wasn't rebelling against them. You misunderstood me again. I Google searched for a questionnaire and tried my best to answer it, but found that, like most of typology, it was overly limiting, confining...it was expecting narrow thinking. My tone was not one of rebellion, but of genuine frustration with my inability to answer them honestly and without limiting myself in some way that was purposely steering toward a type. If I didn't want to answer them I wouldn't have. That was a genuine attempt and my genuine thoughts on the matter, but I was throwing up my hands in frustration like "what the fuck is this? How am I supposed to answer this?" I gave it my best shot anyway and thought I'd try at least so people could share their thoughts on it anyway. Also, I didn't say "all these questions are stupid," I was talking about that one particular question that I posted that under. I'm getting kind of used to being misunderstood this way though, everyone does it.

I'm going to post this and make a separate post for the rest bc this is getting longer than I wanted it to be.

Last edited:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My impression of you thus far is something like INFJ 649 Sp/Sx (if you subscribe to tritype theory). I think you are probably NiTi, which is not looping but rather a preference for internal processing before expending energy externally.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
My impression of you thus far is something like INFJ 649 Sp/Sx (if you subscribe to tritype theory). I think you are probably NiTi, which is not looping but rather a preference for internal processing before expending energy externally.
Do you mind if I ask why 6?

EDIT:
Also, fair enough. I find Ti relatable af, Ni not as much but still some.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sx dom. Like what you posted in the What are you feeling thread.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
For those who don't know what she's talking about, it's this:
I feel closed off. Why can't I just lock myself inside and throw away the key like most people do? Why does it always just leave me starving for more? To me there's a disconnect that happens with that and no relationship is satisfying enough...it's like eating nothing but small, insubstantial snacks. I wish I could be satisfied with distance, with just grazing a little...but every time I try I just remember I can't do it. The thing is though...exposure leads to wounds and exhaustion. It's a lose-lose. I don't want to put myself out there, but something inside me is unhappy if I don't. The other part is unhappy when I do. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do here. Shallow connections don't feel authentic to me...distant social exchanges feel superficial and shallow...

Figured I'd copy it to here since it could be relevant.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I dunno... those feelings aren't much different from what I feel at times. I really don't feel well when I'm not in a loving relationship. I know that I can do things on my own, but life doesn't feel worth living in a sense. I've struggled with the solitary lifestyle I live for awhile now, I just don't talk about it much, and I only need 1.5 good in-person connections to be happy.

Anyway, I could see both and I've toggled on that for you a bit. I think I actually recently considered 6w7 Sx/Sp for you because of the way that you ended your relationship with such confidence and a plan to move forward into the future. It felt abrupt in a way, or at the very least self-assured, which I connect with Sp because it had to do with solitude and self-sufficiency. And w7 because of the forward-looking planning and sense of fleeing from the unsatisfactory. It did look like a shift into utilizing Sp to "support" Sx (supporting to get away from unfulfilled Sx).

I don't know you well enough or maybe haven't thought processed enough to settle on Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp, but I do think it's one of those. I guess I view you as struggling to get your needs met because of a sort of backwards, unsupportive strategy, which I associate with the contraflow types (that's what contraflow means... the opposite of a synergistic flow), so that's why I said Sp/Sx here.

I'm not exactly sure how a 7-wing would show up in your lifestyle though, but I'm also not set on a 5-wing yet either. To be fair, I should probably comb through your blog posts a bit more, but what I'm noticing is a consistent effort to sort of shine yourself up, sometimes after the fact (like editing a post to lighten it or make you feel more confident, or doing the whole "I'm okay now" thing with regularity).

I still do not think you are a core 9, and I'll flesh out the reasoning for that too for you.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I dunno... those feelings aren't much different from what I feel at times. I really don't feel well when I'm not in a loving relationship. I know that I can do things on my own, but life doesn't feel worth living in a sense. I've struggled with the solitary lifestyle I live for awhile now, I just don't talk about it much, and I only need 1.5 good in-person connections to be happy.
Maybe you're also Sx/Sp? :p
IDK what I am either. I also see both of those. Sometimes I relate more to one, sometimes more to the other. I wish I was Sx Blind, but I'm not.

Anyway, I could see both and I've toggled on that for you a bit. I think I actually recently considered 6w7 Sx/Sp for you because of the way that you ended your relationship with such confidence and a plan to move forward into the future. It felt abrupt in a way, or at the very least self-assured, which I connect with Sp because it had to do with solitude and self-sufficiency. And w7 because of the forward-looking planning and sense of fleeing from the unsatisfactory. It did look like a shift into utilizing Sp to "support" Sx (supporting to get away from unfulfilled Sx).
...Yeah, the last one was an abusive fucking dick. I couldn't stand him by the end of it. I only stayed with him as long as I did to keep a roof over my head. Ended up giving myself a bit of PTSD by enduring too much too I think, because certain triggers make me relive certain things. Good riddance.

I don't know you well enough or maybe haven't thought processed enough to settle on Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp, but I do think it's one of those. I guess I view you as struggling to get your needs met because of a sort of backwards, unsupportive strategy, which I associate with the contraflow types (that's what contraflow means... the opposite of a synergistic flow), so that's why I said Sp/Sx here.
What kinds of needs do you view me as struggling to get met? What's the backwards, unsupportive strategy?

but what I'm noticing is a consistent effort to sort of shine yourself up
Shine myself up in what sense? To create an external image or present myself in a certain way? To improve myself on a more authentic/core level? To clarify (improve, ig) my communication in post edits, etc.?

I still do not think you are a core 9, and I'll flesh out the reasoning for that too for you.
Don't worry, not much will be needed, I don't relate to it like I used to...but still would appreciate the input. (Tbh I don't relate to any core type...me listing "0w8" is me not relating to anything besides 8 anti-manipulation and a need for independence/control in order to avoid it, but only at a wing level because I'm less of a take charge type and moreso just a loner/independent...like some introverted version) but...my ears are open.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Even with the 8 though, I wouldn't even say I fear manipulation really...it's moreso that I despise it with a burning indignation and refuse to allow anyone to do it like all the abusive people have throughout my life.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Just something random...I really have absolutely 0 patience for toying with philosophy. What's the point? You just go over possibilities and none of them can be proven. It's just talking in circles. Logically I know it has its place, but when I see something in the Philosophy and Spirituality section for instance, my typical reaction is an eye roll, a deep sigh, and it zaps my mental energy. "There's no way of knowing. Conclusion: don't know. Next topic..." Don't get me wrong, I can go over possibilities, I can think of plenty if I try. I also think it's good to sometimes if you want the most logical and accurate conclusion. I just don't like doing it when there's no true answer to be found. I hate brainstorming just to brainstorm. For me, theory is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.

I'm pretty sure this is points for S and points against Ne.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Also...I don't plan jack shit. Routines suck the life out of me and I struggle to stick to them. Life seems so...mundane when I'm in a routine. I like variety in my schedule when I do have to have one. I struggle to stick to plans if I do make them. I don't even bother trying to plan my work projects, I just completely make up everything as I go because every time I've tried to plan I've changed it all around spontaneously anyway. As for organization...I'm about average. I'm perfectionistic as hell, but I don't see that as P or J (though I know some do). This is a lot of why I type as P over J.