• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram type... *HELP*

Eastwood

I want to figure out my enneagram type. Also, I don't get the "wing" numbers?

What's a good questionnaire so I can get typed? I tested as a 5 on truity.com last week, but then I learned that 8's look like type 5's when they are down. Given the epidemic I'm wondering if "my inner 5" is coming out or what my actual type is. I just learned about enneagram and find it more interesting than MBTI. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 😁

Eastwood

The collage is actually really helpful. I probably going to post that on another thread. Below is my questionnaire;

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect? I’m 29 years old. I’m Hispanic American, living in Las Vegas. The only impairment is being def in my left ear. I consider myself Independent these days on politics, almost not caring to an extent. I almost want to eliminate the entire executive branch of government at this point, but that’s another topic. On religion, I’m still experimenting. I try to get into Christianity, despite being baptized Catholic at a young age. However, I enjoy Taoism philosophy.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
With Enneagram, I consider what I’ve tested as on Truity.com, which is type 5. Of course, I find myself questioning even that. I also think of type 8. According to the test I also scored high in 3 and 7…. When it comes to Myers Briggs I still don’t know. I would say anything with a P function, seems to be the only consistent narrative.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
No idea….

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I had to google this one…. IDK, I would say I relate more with Envy, Lust, and Gluttony. I relate less with sloth and wrath…. (No I don’t know why, I’m taking this questionnaire to help figure that out.)

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I find women with a “J” function to be sexy….

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
Spontaneous, independent, and free willed.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Selective ass holes who try to control everything.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Consistency and a scheduled regiment.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger My internal war-fair.

b) Shame Internal suffering from past experiences.

c) Fear nonexistent…. Unless I’m jumping out of a plane…

d) Love/passion nonexistent…. lol… maybe sex with somebody I met on Tinder, IDK.

e) Conflict A petty illusion that gets no energy from me.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I think my Gambling Addiction was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to conquer.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I’m struggling to want to finish my Business degree…. Because I’ve dropped out so may times, I am settling for the associate in business…. I might go for a bachelor’s in psychology with a concentration in media and technology…. Says the guy who keeps dropping out of classes…. No, I don’t know why either….

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Girl; Are you hot? Boy; What do you want?

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
We face a biased humanitarian crisis, that is “for the majority” unauthentic. Resulting in diluted productivity for those who are trying to make a difference, in the face of animosity.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
No idea, that’s what I would like to figure out.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
Bars…. I getting over it though.… I’m currently experimenting with Christian groups.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions.. They speak for themselves.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
Totally C! Would much rather just hit the restart button.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Fat and Lazy…. Which are the things I’m slowly becoming.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I feel like I need weed for this question…. Even with weed, I can’t even think of how to break down this answer…..

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Ummm…. Organized mess? Blueprints, but without the plans? No surprises but acts on impulse anyways. Again…. where’s the weed?

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Money in the bank, do debts, and cleaned environment…. (All of this is the opposite of what going on in my life right now, lol.)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
378 is what I would guess for tritype. sp/so from your collage. I suspect 8 is your core type, but it would be helpful if you could elaborate on your experience with anger as it might change my opinion... I could see 6 being a possibility here. Need more info. How questioning are you? How trusting of others? How much self confidence do you have?

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say 9w8 sp/sx core, 9w8 7w6 3w4 sp/sx tritype, most definitely an ExxP in MBTI. Tough to say which one of those, but probably ENFP Ne-Fi (maybe, not sure). The no debt, money in the bank, but heading in the opposite direction sounds very Si inferior. You really want those things, but you can't seem to do it and, when people impose on you any sort of structure, guidelines and rules to you (which would make those problems disappear btw) they're "controlling you" because after all, "how dare you make me use my inferior controlling function that i don't want to use, you controlling asshole?" lol. The way you go about your things is very Fi-ish. Doing it because you feel like it (Fi aux) and there's a laziness to try to explain the reasons of why you feel like that to people (Te tert). But that's a guess, try to track the ratio of your actions in your day to day life and try to pin-point the reasons why you decided to do them. I know this might sound like a nightmare to you, my ENxP boy lol. But it will make it way easier.

NOW TO THE ENNEAGRAM PART YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT
Dude i see you as an obvious 9 and/or 7. For real. I would understand why you would see yourself as a 5 or an 8 and/or how you would most certainly want to be like an 8 or a 5, but i see little to non-existing 8 in you tbh. You resemble more like a 9 in your gut type, a 7 in your head fix and a 3 in your heart fix. I don't think that an 8 would have this much disdain for getting things done (speaking from experience), considering their/our core fear of vulnerability and being out of control of their lives. I do have a 9 wing, but there's no way i would keep dropping out of things tbh and let those things pile up on me lol.
I dropped out of psychology in the 3rd semester and - i would have dropped out in the first if my parents didn't push me so much back then - after a couple weeks after dropping out, i already enrolled in drama school and now, 2 years later, i am graduating and have a whole set of goals ahead, some already beaten, and no covid-19 quarantine is going to stop me lol. I already knew what i wanted and i was tired of letting myself be influenced by other peoples useless opinions, so i just did everything myself and, dropped out without warning my parents beforehand (i just kinda quit, enrolled in drama school and told them all about it after i got everything done) and if someone didn't like that, they were welcome to f*ck off. And i've been like that my whole life. I have always been a authoritative, temperamental, shovey, hot-headed, bulldozer wannabe f*ck face and that, more likely, won't change that much. I can obviously change my primary core fears if something traumatic happens, but that side of me will always exist. Being independent and on top of my own sh*t is like heroin to me. Because then, no one can tell me what to do or try to control me because, i'm already a controlling asshole in my own life. Therefore, no one can be a controlling asshole to me if i am already controlling everything (i know this logic is fucked up, but it's an 8's logic). If i am on top of my own life, i own it. No one gets a say. And if they do, they can f*ck off, they don't pay my bills after all. See the difference in how the energy is manifested? Not only that, my relationships in the past crumbled because i didn't gave myself the chance to actually be hurt. I'm deathly afraid of being hurt by other people, so i shut my self out, i become a loner, overly controlling, aloof, confrontational and quite toxic. Because if people screw up in stupid day-to-day things, imagine what they'd do with my emotional life if i let them in. That's what the root of my problems are at least. I know that people can be neglectful and mean, so i shut myself out of everything that can give them an upper hand on me, by denying any vulnerabilities i have and any lack of control of my own life. That's completely unhealthy, i know, but everything stems from this premise.
Your core fear seem to be lack of harmony and peace of mind, not vulnerability. You just don't really want to be annoyed and get owned by the chaos of the day-to-day life and other people's bullsh*t. Paying bills, doing chores, getting work done, routine... It must be a nightmare. But those are the things that make you not have to worry about all the chaos. So then you have the "9 contradiction" of not wanting to have to have to deal with those things, but you never really face them. So you just quit, set it aside or brush it off and let those things pile up around you. So you end up sleeping on your passions, your goals, your own happiness maybe, because it'd require too much commitment and too much energy spent on things you don't really want to care about. That's 9w8 + 7w6 energy incarnate.
Your 8 wing is probably what makes you get in doubt about your type. The "you know what, i'm just gonna quit, i don't give a sh*t" is that 8 energy you summon to fulfill your 9 goals. So the confusion is understandable. I thought i was a 9. But then i realized that it was just the "tint" that i use to color my 8 life, in a way.
So there you go, that's my guess. 9w8 sp/sx core type. 9w8 7w6 3w4 sp/sx tritype. Kinda close to mine. I saw a little of myself in you in some moments. I'm 8w9 7w8 3w4 sp/sx.

Bear in mind that this is only a guess. The only real way to be typed is to ask for feedback from like 10 people that know you very well. And then you study all the methods, systems, whatever, and then you identify the type that is congruent to the feedback those people gave you. But that' it.

Good luck, bro.