• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Know My Type

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I took the test when I thought I was ISTJ and got Si, Te, Ni as the top results. Now that I think I'm INFJ I get Ni, Fe and Ti as the top results. In other words, the scores don't necessarily indicate the static reality of the undergoings.

Yeah, there's always some bias in those tests, and contrary to popular belief, "studying the functions" is even more subject to bias. And I personally believe that people can change type, or not have a type at all, especially if they keep getting contradicting results. No one is just "their type", some fit a type description better than others, and a few don't seem to fit any of the types.

About OP: My first impression was ENFP, but you showed you're somewhat multifaceted, making it hard to narrow it down to a single type. I can't say whether your TJ-style tendencies is just an adaptation to your not-so-NF friendly environment or a natural preference to get things done. It's not conclusive at all.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, there's always some bias in those tests, and contrary to popular belief, "studying the functions" is even more subject to bias. And I personally belief that people can change type, or not have a type at all, especially if they keep getting contradicting results. No one is just "their type", some fit a type description better than others, and a few don't seem to fit any of the types.

About OP: My first impression was ENFP, but you showed you're somewhat multifaceted, making it hard to narrow it down to a simple type. I can't say whether your TJ-style tendencies is just an adaptation to your not-so-NF friendly environment or a natural preference to get things done. It's not conclusive at all.

It most definitely could be. I've always been more focused towards efficiency in my life, however i think that at some point i started to actually be more NF and then, probably due to environment, i went full TJ. But i still am reluctant to go with INTJ (would go along with most of my research) because i still use a lot of Fi, and it's something that i have shown unwilling to compromise most of my life. But at the same time, i don't really use Si and my Te has always been pretty high. So ENFP still would make sense. Now that you think about it, the only main difference between INTJ is the inferior Si. Because the aux and tert functions are switched and the dom is Ne instead of Ni. I never thought i would be torn between INTJ or ENFP. Weird.
Thank you, man.

EDIT:
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] you should watch this.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
It most definitely could be. I've always been more focused towards efficiency in my life, however i think that at some point i started to actually be more NF and then, probably due to environment, i went full TJ. But i still am reluctant to go with INTJ (would go along with most of my research) because i still use a lot of Fi, and it's something that i have shown unwilling to compromise most of my life. But at the same time, i don't really use Si and my Te has always been pretty high. So ENFP still would make sense. Now that you think about it, the only main difference between INTJ is the inferior Si. Because the aux and tert functions are switched and the dom is Ne instead of Ni. I never thought i would be torn between INTJ or ENFP. Weird.
Thank you, man.

EDIT:
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] you should watch this.

The problem is with the tertiary function.
I, and basically nobody else, have found evidence that there really a single tertiary function. It depends from people to people.
Second, I never actually find evidence for tertiary Te on ENFPs, tertiary Si for INFPs and go on... What I actually found is that the best fit is tertiary Fe for ENFPs, tertiary Ni for INFPs and go on (I used these tertiary functions in my test).
I also consider the last function (Si for ENFPs), by some called 4th, as unreliable. While it seems true for some people, it doesnt seem much truth at all for others.
And lastly, I do find that there are good signs for pairing, but if a person have a clear preference in Jung J/P (the difference of judging functions, Te/Ti/Fe/Fi and perceveing functions, Ne/Ni/Se/Si, is significant), the pairs dont form (two judging functions or two perceveing functions come in first place instead).

In terms of soft-science, not even the pair did pass.

So, basically, this video in the end complains about random google stuff while they are the random google stuff themselves as well. High soft-scientifical stuff in MBTI doesnt use cognitive function by two or three decades.

As I measured and going to post in a few weeks or months, ENFPs usually has preference for Ti over Te in Dario Nardi test. Also, preference for Fe over Ti. I think that goes even taking those with Fe way less than average. And ENTPs have an equal preference for Fi and Fe (I think its very slightly for Fe), rather than a clear preference for Fe, but they are the highest T type with Fe. The vast majority of ENTPs have preference for Te over Fe.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem is with the tertiary function.
I, and basically nobody else, have found evidence that there really a single tertiary function. It depends from people to people.
Second, I never actually find evidence for tertiary Te on ENFPs, tertiary Si for INFPs and go on... What I actually found is that the best fit is tertiary Fe for ENFPs, tertiary Ni for INFPs and go on (I used these tertiary functions in my test).
I also consider the last function (Si for ENFPs), by some called 4th, as unreliable. While it seems true for some people, it doesnt seem much truth at all for others.
And lastly, I do find that there are good signs for pairing, but if a person have a clear preference in Jung J/P (the difference of judging functions, Te/Ti/Fe/Fi and perceveing functions, Ne/Ni/Se/Si, is significant), the pairs dont form (two judging functions or two perceveing functions come in first place instead).

In terms of soft-science, not even the pair did pass.

So, basically, this video in the end complains about random google stuff while they are the random google stuff themselves as well. High soft-scientifical stuff in MBTI doesnt use cognitive function by two or three decades.

As I measured and going to post in a few weeks or months, ENFPs usually has preference for Ti over Te in Dario Nardi test. Also, preference for Fe over Ti. I think that goes even taking those with Fe way less than average. And ENTPs have an equal preference for Fi and Fe (I think its very slightly for Fe), rather than a clear preference for Fe, but they are the highest T type with Fe. The vast majority of ENTPs have preference for Te over Fe.

Yes, but the problem with the Dario Nardi test is that you are trying to type yourself. And as honest as you may be, you will never be able to see yourself without recognizing your own personal demons and you own personal saviors that you are, most likely, addicted to. For instance, an INFP (dom Fi, inferior Te) for some reason in their lives, they started to feel like they didn't need to explain themselves to other people. Why should they have logical reasons that everyone should understand to explain whatever it is that they're feeling? So they start to get addicted to Fi because that is what saves them from having to explain themselves to other people. "I feel like it, i don't need to have any reasons nor do you have to understand them". But what they'll actually see is that they're a victim of society standards, not someone who actually avoids any sort of collective, reasonable, validation. So it's likely that they'll type themselves as an ENFJ or an ENTJ. So, it's likely, that most of the times you won't be able to recognize those cognitive functions unless you've gone through tremendous therapy and self-awareness building, because (and that's according to Jung, not me or some YouTube dude) these demons and saviors are unconscious. So, again, unless you are EXTREMELY self aware, 90% of people that type themselves by those tests and they're own self-image, are wrong. They're probably typing themselves as the opposite of what they actually are. INTJ's won't see themselves as a controlling, neurotic freak, because that is unconscious. Because he actually feels that he is out of control of everything, therefore, he actively tries to control everything and freaks out when things don't go "as planned", because he feels inside like he is out of control constantly. So how do you expect them to score in a typology self-test? It's the same case as the bully-victim dynamics. The bully (unless they're 12) doesn't feel like the bully, they feel like the victim. And the victim is only the victim, because they actually see themselves as the bully. So they try to run away from that constantly, by acting the opposite way. But they'll never see themselves as what they actually are. I personally always feel like the victim and as a unsure, unconfident pushover. I know that i don't quite act like it, but i constantly feel like it. Maybe i'm not. Maybe i'm actually way more aggressive and domineering than what i actually think i am. Maybe i am, in fact, a pushover. It would make a lot of sense. I don't pay attention to 90% of the things that i do. They're automatic. And what to me, might seem okay, to someone else might seem overly aggressive or tremendously soft. So how do f*** would i know how i come across to people? I barely even pay attention...
So i'm starting to doubt every test i made and i'll try to look at what is completely unbearable to me and stop thinking that people are "wrong about me", because they actually might not. I'll remove my Dario Nardi's test from the original post, because it might actually not mean anything. I'll keep the thread up because i'm enjoying the discussions, but ultimately, i think that i'll have to talk with my therapist, talk with friends and family, and see what is actually what i run away from, what do i avoid, how do i seek validation from other people, if i seek validation at all (i might have inferior Fe or Ti) and all those things. But from my recurring habits, i believe that i have inferior Se and/or Fi. It would explain a lot. I see myself as this authentic, passionate, spontaneous pushover that pushes when threatened. But people usually see me as a cold, arguing, controlling pusher that doesn't really gives credits to that doesn't give much credit to personal feelings, and starts being a pushover when it comes to my personal feelings and/or values. So it would make sense of me to be an Ni-Te as my crack addiction with Fi-Se as my own personal demons (INTJ), or Te-Ni/Se-Fi (ENTJ). But again, that might be my delusional self talking. As far as i know, i could be an ESTP. I doubt it, but i might.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Yes, but the problem with the Dario Nardi test is that you are trying to type yourself. And as honest as you may be, you will never be able to see yourself without recognizing your own personal demons and you own personal saviors that you are, most likely, addicted to. For instance, an INFP (dom Fi, inferior Te) for some reason in their lives, they started to feel like they didn't need to explain themselves to other people. Why should they have logical reasons that everyone should understand to explain whatever it is that they're feeling? So they start to get addicted to Fi because that is what saves them from having to explain themselves to other people. "I feel like it, i don't need to have any reasons nor do you have to understand them". But what they'll actually see is that they're a victim of society standards, not someone who actually avoids any sort of collective, reasonable, validation. So it's likely that they'll type themselves as an ENFJ or an ENTJ. So, it's likely, that most of the times you won't be able to recognize those cognitive functions unless you've gone through tremendous therapy and self-awareness building, because (and that's according to Jung, not me or some YouTube dude) these demons and saviors are unconscious. So, again, unless you are EXTREMELY self aware, 90% of people that type themselves by those tests and they're own self-image, are wrong. They're probably typing themselves as the opposite of what they actually are. INTJ's won't see themselves as a controlling, neurotic freak, because that is unconscious. Because he actually feels that he is out of control of everything, therefore, he actively tries to control everything and freaks out when things don't go "as planned", because he feels inside like he is out of control constantly. So how do you expect them to score in a typology self-test? It's the same case as the bully-victim dynamics. The bully (unless they're 12) doesn't feel like the bully, they feel like the victim. And the victim is only the victim, because they actually see themselves as the bully. So they try to run away from that constantly, by acting the opposite way. But they'll never see themselves as what they actually are. I personally always feel like the victim and as a unsure, unconfident pushover. I know that i don't quite act like it, but i constantly feel like it. Maybe i'm not. Maybe i'm actually way more aggressive and domineering than what i actually think i am. Maybe i am, in fact, a pushover. It would make a lot of sense. I don't pay attention to 90% of the things that i do. They're automatic. And what to me, might seem okay, to someone else might seem overly aggressive or tremendously soft. So how do f*** would i know how i come across to people? I barely even pay attention...
So i'm starting to doubt every test i made and i'll try to look at what is completely unbearable to me and stop thinking that people are "wrong about me", because they actually might not. I'll remove my Dario Nardi's test from the original post, because it might actually not mean anything. I'll keep the thread up because i'm enjoying the discussions, but ultimately, i think that i'll have to talk with my therapist, talk with friends and family, and see what is actually what i run away from, what do i avoid, how do i seek validation from other people, if i seek validation at all (i might have inferior Fe or Ti) and all those things. But from my recurring habits, i believe that i have inferior Se and/or Fi. It would explain a lot. I see myself as this authentic, passionate, spontaneous pushover that pushes when threatened. But people usually see me as a cold, arguing, controlling pusher that doesn't really gives credits to that doesn't give much credit to personal feelings, and starts being a pushover when it comes to my personal feelings and/or values. So it would make sense of me to be an Ni-Te as my crack addiction with Fi-Se as my own personal demons (INTJ), or Te-Ni/Se-Fi (ENTJ). But again, that might be my delusional self talking. As far as i know, i could be an ESTP. I doubt it, but i might.

Calm down.

Im sorry to say this very directly, but you need to NOT getting into these people that are religously following these stacks.

They say the test are meaningless so they can keep their view of the stacks. So they can say they figure out the human proccess of thought. So they dont need to move along and they dont admit that they didnt really make it (figure the proccess of thought).
By the tests, not all of these inferior function actually happens. Pairs forms without the inferior sometimes.
Even if you say the test is meaningless, than the whole thing start to gets meaningless. Simply because these people do a lot of assumptions, and even if it is based on Jung, it still a guess. Its a pretty and elegant guess perhaps, its still a guess. A wise guess? I highly doubt supposing that things are not showing up as they should.

I need to remember one very important thing we miss, but not if we look to Big 5, enneagram, cognitive functions and MBTI. None of them describe we as we are as a whole. There are more beyond the 8 cognitive functions (nothing guarantee that there are more cognitive functions; These cognitive functions can also be rearranged if we cross different dimensions) and there is sure more beyond MBTI dimensions. For example, big 5 neuroticism, big 5 agreeblaness, they are already out of MBTI dimensions. There is even the chinese CTAP and some aspects of enneagram that might run out of MBTI.

The big problem about you letting external people type yourself is that they can only view your "extravert" part. With that extravert part comes interference from what we would like others to see ourselves, and sometimes we do it not because of pure evil manipulation, we do it so we can move along unbothered.

The unconscious is a box of mistery in psychology, more than any psychologist would like to admit it.
Science knows a lot of physics, mechanic dynamics, chemical elemtns, there are laws, tables and etc...
The unconscious got nothing like that. At best, it has a position in human brain, some stuff can disturb he/she/it.
You need to be careful about ANYONE, including Jung, says about unconscious, because it has the very possibility of being dead wrong.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Calm down.

Im sorry to say this very directly, but you need to NOT getting into these people that are religously following these stacks.

They say the test are meaningless so they can keep their view of the stacks. So they can say they figure out the human proccess of thought. So they dont need to move along and they dont admit that they didnt really make it (figure the proccess of thought).
By the tests, not all of these inferior function actually happens. Pairs forms without the inferior sometimes.
Even if you say the test is meaningless, than the whole thing start to gets meaningless. Simply because these people do a lot of assumptions, and even if it is based on Jung, it still a guess. Its a pretty and elegant guess perhaps, its still a guess. A wise guess? I highly doubt supposing that things are not showing up as they should.

I need to remember one very important thing we miss, but not if we look to Big 5, enneagram, cognitive functions and MBTI. None of them describe we as we are as a whole. There are more beyond the 8 cognitive functions (nothing guarantee that there are more cognitive functions; These cognitive functions can also be rearranged if we cross different dimensions) and there is sure more beyond MBTI dimensions. For example, big 5 neuroticism, big 5 agreeblaness, they are already out of MBTI dimensions. There is even the chinese CTAP and some aspects of enneagram that might run out of MBTI.

The big problem about you letting external people type yourself is that they can only view your "extravert" part. With that extravert part comes interference from what we would like others to see ourselves, and sometimes we do it not because of pure evil manipulation, we do it so we can move along unbothered.

The unconscious is a box of mistery in psychology, more than any psychologist would like to admit it.
Science knows a lot of physics, mechanic dynamics, chemical elemtns, there are laws, tables and etc...
The unconscious got nothing like that. At best, it has a position in human brain, some stuff can disturb he/she/it.
You need to be careful about ANYONE, including Jung, says about unconscious, because it has the very possibility of being dead wrong.

I agree with the most part. Most definitely you can't map out anything. That would be a very misguided attitude. However, i think that the same function might be expressed in very, VERY, different ways.
For instance, the big 5 agreeableness is not necessarily high Fe or low Fe, which i think is the no 1 fallacy when it comes to typology. I would characterize as how you express your Fe/Te/Fi/Ti as a whole. Someone that scores very high in agreeableness most definitely has a very strong Fe or a very strong Te but not necessarily in a more expressive/"pushy" manner. Take Gary Vaynerchuck for instance. I don't think he would score very high on agreeableness, but i think he has a very strong Fe/Te. He just expresses it differently. See this. The intent, is totally Fe supported, but that doesn't mean that it's agreeable. If you think that it looks agreeable, see his other videos. You'll see what i mean. They're kinda annoying and cringy, but you'll see my point. So it's not about the function per se and where it is positioned in the stack. It's about how the function relates to the other functions within your cognitive process and how you actually uses and expresses them. I could see a Ni-Ti INFJ that doesn't really pays attention to his Fe, and actually experiences it as a blind spot. But the deal is, he experiences it. It's meaningful to him. In the big picture, Fe is processed and prioritized more then Fi, and for some reason, said INFJ sees it as one of his personal demons. So he recurs to his Ti when judging, and hates to have to relate that to the collective. But it doesn't mean that he isn't an Ni-Fe-Ti-Se INFJ. It just means that the tert and aux functions doesn't necessarily follow this specific order or that this order is expressed in a way that everyone that has this function stack experiences it the same.
I don't know if Isabel Briggs Meyers would agree with this, but i think that she made up a 16 personality system that makes a little bit of sense, but actually ends up being one-sided and stereotyped. What i view as the good use of MBTI is, how do you ACTUALLY process the world vs how you THINK you do. And how that inevitably would generate blind spots and, maybe even most importantly (at least to me), how those blind spots will bite you in the ass without you even noticing it. Let's assume you're an INTJ businessperson. You might be able to think in the long term. Strategize efficiently or be able to take an idea that you feel strongly about and map out how you should go about it (depending on your Ni-Fi/Ni-Te relationship. I agree with the fact that stacking functions does not point the right way to go), but how do you expect this INTJ to put out fires, deal with bureaucracy, go run errands, organize his environment and all the stressful high Se-usage based stuff if, the said INTJ, doesn't make they're own bed and wash the dishes because they don't care about it? All these Se things would start to pile up and they wouldn't even notice it, because they don't want to notice it. They wants to live in they're Ni fantasy land without having to worry about this Se chaos. And eventually all they're plans would crumble right beneath they're nose. That's what i am trying to figure out for myself. What are the things in my life that are biting me in the ass and preventing me to move on and that i don't even notice? If i don't know that, then i won't know my strengths. Playing your strengths and covering your weaknesses is what makes career/life plans work. That's why i got obsessed with the enneagram in the first place. I don't know what i'm scared of. I think that i'll be a much healthier person if i knew how to take care of that. But i have absolutely no clue. I think i am an 8 due to the problems, desires and the behavior patterns i had my whole life. But again, i still could be a 4w5/5w4.
But yes, i agree that the answer doesn't lie necessarily in the functions stackings, but then again, functions tests in my pov start to be worthless. Because you will be answering them based on your own bubble of delusions. I think it's only useful if you want to know how you see yourself compared with what you actually are. Or, even better, what would you like to be but can't actually be.
And regarding the unconscious, notice how i mention my therapist in almost every post. She's a well trained psychoanalyst. I think that she can handle my pandora boxes.
By the way, i think that everyone that wants to get into typolgy should have professional accompaniment. Or at least anyone that actually wants some good out of it. Sef-improvement, an accurate self-image, better self awareness, etc etc

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I agree with the most part. Most definitely you can't map out anything. That would be a very misguided attitude. However, i think that the same function might be expressed in very, VERY, different ways.
For instance, the big 5 agreeableness is not necessarily high Fe or low Fe, which i think is the no 1 fallacy when it comes to typology. I would characterize as how you express your Fe/Te/Fi/Ti as a whole. Someone that scores very high in agreeableness most definitely has a very strong Fe or a very strong Te but not necessarily in a more expressive/"pushy" manner.

I went to my own archives and... You seem to be reasonbly accurate...

1919122ca34eddd960bf3c6ac9c45d19.png

I made based on two topics from here a correlation between dario nardi cognitive function test results versus big 5 results.
I had a dozen people, not appropriatte but better than nothing.
Things changes in facets, but in general agreeableness none of the MBTI dimensions gets a significant correlation, except F that deserves a weak mention in favor of agreeableness, but its too weak. However, I had also done Jung J/P (I measure Jung J by Te+Ti+Fe+Fi-Ne-Se-Si-Ni), and in fact, the correlation was medium and worthy mention. And yup, Fe doesnt reach even a correlation worth mentioning. However, Fi is the only on cognitive function mentioning for having a weak correlation. However, Te doesnt make it either. And on negative side, Se have a medium correlation and Ni has a worthy mentioning negative correlation.
Me looking at single cases, I had found high agreebleness with no Te and no Fe on front. Actually, the highest one is very introverted having Ti and Fi on front (and that isnt me), stack starts with Fi>Ti>Ne, type InfP.

But it doesn't mean that he isn't an Ni-Fe-Ti-Se INFJ.

Again, doesnt stick with these guys that defends this stacks.
There is nothing evident that a stack like that really exists for INFJ. I dont have to counter-prove them, they need to prove it themselves. The best approximmation for a stack I could find for that type is Ni-Fe-Fi. As an approximation!

Thats true for also other things you mentioned. You need to be very careful by assumptions that relys on a specific tertiary function, because these assumptions have a very good risk of being incorrect. Also, the last function, not exactly all INXJ are really Se-tards..

If i don't know that, then i won't know my strengths. Playing your strengths and covering your weaknesses is what makes career/life plans work.

If you are looking for that (your own strenghts), you are on the wrong departament.
Personality tests doesnt predict job perfomance, they predict statisfaction.
These tests try to measure your personal preferences, not your skills. That includes Nardio ones. Sometimes, at best, they measure how you think you are skilled, not the actual talent.
In Brazil private sector is late as usual, but in US they are already replacing personality tests with skill tests (the full list of them is about 20, I think?). Google search "critical thinking test", it must be in english (in portuguese you will only find quizzes) and you should find some websites with a small version of Watson-something critical thinking test (I think thats the name) and on these sites you will also find more skills, like ones measuring diagramas, pattern recognition, etc..
There is not a direct connection between these and cognitive functions, but there is some connection. The thing is, your preferences and talents dont usually matches. This reminds me of videogames... In battlefield 1, I knew people that had 1000 hours of experience, had a high appreciatte for the game, and played just like a regular Joe with 50 hours of experience. Also, I knew people who said the game was a crap, had low attention for it, and when comes to the field, it was a complete show.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thats true for also other things you mentioned. You need to be very careful by assumptions that relys on a specific tertiary function, because these assumptions have a very good risk of being incorrect. Also, the last function, not exactly all INXJ are really Se-tards..

I had the same reaction as you once i started looking at this lol
When someone says that Fe is "emotionally expressive, and overly caring and doesn't push for what they want" i always kinda cringe, because it just simply doesn't work like that. According to the original theories, unless i am mistaken (but i don't think i am, but i could be), so correct me if i am wrong, "E judgers" pretty much means towards the collective instead of self, and "I judgers" means self instead of collective. So saying that Fe is caring and selfless, could be right. But that doesn't mean that you are necessarily agreeable, because you could prioritize external values over your own in a variety of ways.

About the INXJ se-self tards. I get it. And i lean towards agreeing with you tbh. I always favor the most broad understandings because i feel like it could work for more people (notice my Te reasoning. It works - T - for the collective - E. If it doesn't work as well for the collective - Te - then it doesn't work for me. Te over Ti. I'm not saying that i am Te over Ti, even though i probably am, but that would be the pattern of behavior that a Te over Ti person would follow. And i could have said this Te explanation in a very agreeable way. Someone with Te dominance would probably be described as a non-agreeable person in a large typology community). But then again, it wouldn't make sense for someone to have Ni dominance and not be Se tard. Maybe said person isn't se short in every conceivable way, specially because said person probably prefer Se over Si, but it's probably an annoying thing to deal in a day to day basis. I feel like an Ni dom is the least likely type to have initiative to run errands such as groceries, paperwork, ironing clothes and stuff, without feeling immensely drained.

If you are looking for that (your own strenghts), you are on the wrong departament.
Personality tests doesnt predict job perfomance, they predict statisfaction.
These tests try to measure your personal preferences, not your skills. That includes Nardio ones. Sometimes, at best, they measure how you think you are skilled, not the actual talent.
In Brazil private sector is late as usual, but in US they are already replacing personality tests with skill tests (the full list of them is about 20, I think?). Google search "critical thinking test", it must be in english (in portuguese you will only find quizzes) and you should find some websites with a small version of Watson-something critical thinking test (I think thats the name) and on these sites you will also find more skills, like ones measuring diagramas, pattern recognition, etc..
There is not a direct connection between these and cognitive functions, but there is some connection. The thing is, your preferences and talents dont usually matches. This reminds me of videogames... In battlefield 1, I knew people that had 1000 hours of experience, had a high appreciatte for the game, and played just like a regular Joe with 50 hours of experience. Also, I knew people who said the game was a crap, had low attention for it, and when comes to the field, it was a complete show.

That's a very good perspective actually. I think that my performance, taking acting into consideration (or at least my approach to acting), is affected by that. I do agree with the skill vs preference you mentioned. I might have considered skill as well as a fallacy, but my original perspective was in fact to look towards things that could bite me in the ass in my day to day life. And what could i focus more when working, because i think that a te-low person, for instance, could be a hazard to work with because they feel like they don't need to explain themselves to others. They should just respect his motivation and leave him alone. So, maybe knowing consciously those "blind spots" of mine, could actually help me grow, not only as a professional, but in my day to day life as well. I'll pay more attention to the preference vs skill fallacy, because i think i was almost falling for it.

EDIT:
I was thinking about great actors that use Te. They are not as common as actors that use Fe and Fi, but they exist. Guys such as Joaquin Phoenix, probably Fi dom, and Daniel Day-Lewis, probably Ti dom, are much more common than someone like Russell Crowe or Robert DeNiro, probably high Te usage. Interesting...

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Going through your questionnaire, I don't see much intuition, but I see a lot of Se and some Fi. I'd say you're an ESFP 7w8 sx/sp or sp/sx. SEE and gamma quadra socionics would fit you well too.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Going through your questionnaire, I don't see much intuition, but I see a lot of Se and some Fi. I'd say you're an ESFP 7w8 sx/sp or sp/sx. SEE and gamma quadra socionics would fit you well too.

Why? What specifically made you get to that conclusion?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why? What specifically made you get to that conclusion?

I always feel that i let people down when i follow my cravings to the max, without any breaks. Hooking up with people that my friends are interested in, drinking way too much and then later doing regretful things, abandoning friends in a constant hunt for pleasure
Acting up on your cravings, being excessive about physical pleasuers, living in a moment to satisfy yourself. That's pretty much a definition of Se. Also it does sound pretty unhealthy, you probably feel some emptiness inside that you try to cover with this behavior. Healthy or not, it still is Se.

You admire strong people and feel put off by weakness and neediness, that's what most socionics gammas would say, some betas as well, so you definitely value and have strong Se. Wanting to be physically immune and strong suggests Se as well.

Overall, you seem like a confident person who is well aware of their own personal power. You know how to use your talents and get what you want from most situations. Again, strong Se.

You value freedom, want to be your own person, want to be independent, while you also respect freedom of other people. That sounds like Fi to me.

The need to be free while seeking pleasures to escape uncomfortable feelings is a very 7-ish way of dealing with things. You also seem to be aware of the power game most 8s enjoy, but I see you as more of a 7 in this matter.

Tritype is probably 7w8 3w4 8w9 sx/sp

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Acting up on your cravings, being excessive about physical pleasuers, living in a moment to satisfy yourself. That's pretty much a definition of Se. Also it does sound pretty unhealthy, you probably feel some emptiness inside that you try to cover with this behavior. Healthy or not, it still is Se.

You admire strong people and feel put off by weakness and neediness, that's what most socionics gammas would say, some betas as well, so you definitely value and have strong Se. Wanting to be physically immune and strong suggests Se as well.

Overall, you seem like a confident person who is well aware of their own personal power. You know how to use your talents and get what you want from most situations. Again, strong Se.

You value freedom, want to be your own person, want to be independent, while you also respect freedom of other people. That sounds like Fi to me.

The need to be free while seeking pleasures to escape uncomfortable feelings is a very 7-ish way of dealing with things. You also seem to be aware of the power game most 8s enjoy, but I see you as more of a 7 in this matter.

Tritype is probably 7w8 3w4 8w9 sx/sp

True. It is definitely unhealthy. I'm way more controlled now because that happened more constantly in the past. I always looked at it as a sign of cognitive immaturity. But it makes a lot of sense if it would just be a developed function acting out in an unhealthy way. ISxP could be a possibility. I don't know if it's my dominant function, so it might not be ESxP, but ISxP might be a possibility.
The tritype resonated. It would definitely fit with me.
Thank you, man.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Ok, lets say that today [MENTION=34933]whatever[/MENTION] scored a point.

Reckful said:
Part 3 of a BBC interview done with John Freeman when Jung (born in 1875) was 84. Forward to around 8:40 and you can watch this exchange:

JF: Have you concluded what psychological type you are yourself?

Jung: (chuckling) Naturally I have devoted a great deal of attention to that painful question, you know.

JF: And reached a conclusion?

Jung: Well, you see, the type is nothing static. It changes in the course of life. But I most certainly was characterized by thinking. I overthought from early childhood on. And I had a great deal of intuition, too. And I had definite difficulty with feeling. And my relation to reality was not particularly brilliant. I was often at variance with the reality of things. Now that gives you all the necessary data for the diagnosis.

I still held the idea that type doesnt change, but thats still more of a belief.

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, lets say that today [MENTION=34933]whatever[/MENTION] scored a point.

I still held the idea that type doesnt change, but thats still more of a belief.
Not sure if i'm gonna sound like an asshole but.....
HELL YEEEEEAAAH!
lmao just joking, but for real now, i remembered this video. I saw it many years ago. i didn't remembered its existence, but now i do lol
It's actually really good. I noticed that throughout my life. How much people can change depending on their environment and their situation. Watch Peaky Blinders, i really recommend it. The whole point of the series is to show how much war can f*ck peoples lives. Everyone in the show was different and happy and joyful before, then the storm came, and they all turned into violent, aggressive, depressive, troubled and enraged men. And, most certainly, their types changed too. And their demons and dominant habits now, are most definitely totally switched. And that doesn't necessarily mean that they will return to be their "original types" if they become healthy again, that just means that they will be the healthy version of everything they've been through.