• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typology Questionnaire Answers

Sprinkles257

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This awesome form was made by RadicalDoubt. I figured this would be a good way to put myself out to the world, and I love answering questionnaires! I hope my responses work well enough. Thank you for reading! :thumbup:

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

A: I’m a teen who lives in the United States. I’m not diagnosed with any impairments, but I do show lots of behaviors that are in people with ADHD and anxiety. I’ve never had it checked out, but personal research shows that I have many symptoms of both. My political/religious beliefs have no effect (I’m neutral to both).
b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
A: I’m fairly sure that I’m an INTP and call myself one, but I often second-guess myself and I’d like to see different perspectives. I agree with the cognitive functions of an INTP for the most part (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe). My main concern is understanding the world and learning things. I enjoy daydreaming and thinking up scenarios or solutions. I can base things on past experiences and, yes, my weakest point is socializing. However, there are things that I doubt — Such as being more aware of emotions. I don’t push them down or ignore them. My problem is expressing them or dealing with others’. I wouldn’t call myself a puzzle-solver either. I sometimes obsess over details and, although I love theories and mystery for enjoyment, I’m more comfortable with certainty if it has to do with making decisions (ex. Why should we do X and what makes it reliable? What is the proof?)
2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
A: I think my purpose in life is to learn (and teach). I want to find out everything about topics of interest and share those facts with others. Although I’m pretty reserved, I can be very enthusiastic and excited about things that interest me. I’m the “Hey, did you know…?” person in my friend group. When they want to ask questions, they come to me. If I understand the topic at hand, I really enjoy teaching others!
3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
A: Gosh, that’s a tricky question! I think sloth or gluttony, most likely. I tend to take things for granted, unfortunately. I’m also prone to idle, either due to laziness, worry, or “analysis paralysis”.
4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to — I’m drawn to people I don’t have figured out yet. I’m very drawn to artistic people. I’m also very drawn to intelligent people with a good sense of humor. All of those are traits I value very much in a person, and traits I hope to have myself.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you — Everyday people. I think I’m seen as somewhat of an oddball (surprise, surprise) and I believe it’s human nature to be drawn to the unordinary. Some people like the information I can give, or my more creative side. Either way, I’m very happy if someone wants to talk for a little bit.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by — Hypocrites. Also people who are bossy, over-the-top, overwhelmingly emotional, or lacking respect for themselves and others.
5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
A: I admire people who are caring and unconditionally affectionate. I’m glad there are people like that in the world. I prefer to show affection in small ways, though. I’m not a “gives you a hug and says ‘I love you’” type person, and people see me as cold, but that’s not my intention.
I admire people who are flexible. While I like to hear all and any viewpoints, I’m very stubborn about changing my own. I dislike it when people try to change the way I think. I’ve been told that once I settle on one belief or habit, I can be “set in my ways”. I’m not the best planner, either, and sudden changes of plans distress me a lot.
I admire people who are modest but still confident. I’m very modest in some aspects, and very arrogant in others. It’s hard to find a balance.
6) Describe your relationship with the following:
A: Lots of my emotions link together. I often feel one with the other (ex. I feel angry and afraid at the same time).
a) Anger — I feel angry pretty often, but generally it’s short lived and people don’t notice it. A few minutes of annoyance and I’m okay again. I don’t feel genuinely livid often, but when I do, it’s very intense. I often get unpleasant thoughts and visions when I’m angry.
b) Shame — It’s very easy to make me feel ashamed. I have my fair share of flaws if I’m being honest, and having them pointed out (indirectly or directly) makes me much more upset than I’d like to admit. Whenever I’m ashamed I get this strange mix of wanting to fight whoever criticized me, and hide somewhere forever. Thankfully, I almost always snap out of it before doing something I’ll regret.
c) Fear — I’m uncomfortably familiar with this one! Fear, usually irrational fear, is something I experience a lot. My biggest fears are sicknesses, injuries, death, things like that. I’ve been terribly afraid of these things ever since I was a child, although now I’m even more careful. I wash my hands a lot and for long periods of time, I avoid eating with my hands whenever possible, I make a conscious effort not to touch my face in public places, etc. Cold and flu season or disease outbreaks are a NIGHTMARE for me. When I hear someone is sick I get scared because “What if that happens to me?” or I’ll physically flinch when I hear someone cough. This is the one emotion I constantly rationalize like “You know you’re being ridiculous, you shouldn’t worry because xyz”. I know how silly I’m being and that’s the worst part.
d) Love/passion — I don’t feel as much of this as I’d like to. I can be very passionate about my interests and love those things very much, but with people it’s...difficult. I want to love people, but I’ve never felt that “click”. The closest thing to love I feel is being infatuated with people, an intense desire to be with them (including in a romantic way) and learn about them. That always wears off, though. The longest I ever had that feeling was a year, and that was unusually long. I have trouble connecting with others, but I really hope I can make that “click” with someone in the future.
e) Conflict — I want to be as far away from it as possible. I’m not good at handling conflict and I’m prone to avoidance. I’d have to be extremely bothered by something to do anything about it, because the idea of conflict usually freezes me up.
7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Neuroticism. Definitely neuroticism. I worry way too much for my own good and, once I can no longer logically convince myself of why I shouldn’t, I can be vulnerable.
I have trouble with being fidgety, inattentive, prone to daydreaming of both good and bad scenarios, and I tend to procrastinate.
8) Answer only one of the following:
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
A: I’m not sure yet. When I was a child, I loved the idea of a medical or scientific career, but now that I see everything that requires, I know I couldn’t handle it. I’m considering something with language or literature. Maybe a teacher? I’d like to be a teacher if it wasn’t for all the stupid paperwork and low wage. Maybe an author? But what would I write? It’s all very conflicting here, haha.
9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
A: I know I shouldn’t, but I notice their appearance first. Their facial features, the clothes they wear, the expressions they make, etc. I also focus on their voices (high or low pitched, smooth or scratchy, tone, so on and so forth).
10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
A: I like humanity. We really are an 8 billion strong contradiction, and that’s what I think is the most fascinating thing about us. We’ve done horrible, wonderful things. Most of us are in the middle. I think we’re born indifferent and learn to be the way we are, which is why we’re all so mixed. We’re exposed to every group, every idea, every perspective possible.
I think humans (myself included!) have problems with curiosity and power. We want to know everything there is. Sometimes it’s for the better, and sometimes for the worse. We’re curious about everything and once we find our answers, we can be megalomaniacs. As much as I’d love to figure out life’s biggest answers, maybe it’s best to be left a mystery. Then no one can be wrong. Some things are better off not messed with, I guess.
11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
A: I love to draw and write stories! I enjoy reading, especially science fiction. As for science non
-fiction, I like to learn about living things. Biology and psychology are my favorite scientific subjects.
13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
A: No, I rarely initiate. I prefer one-on-one (or one-on-two at most) meetings. I don’t like to do anything special, but if I go anywhere it’s to a restaurant. I just like to talk to them without the distractions. I want to have deep conversations with them.
14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
A: Ooh, you’re a trickster, aren’t you? I’m biased towards words, but I think actions are more important because they show you mean what you say. If a person is legitimately willing to do something rather than just giving empty promises, I think that’s more important.
15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose...
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
A: I think I’d pick to never be able to taste. It seemed to be the least severe, and there are people who have that issue, so some would understand. I’m a picky eater, too, so it might actually have benefits! If I can’t taste food, I can’t dislike it, and I can choose to eat the healthiest foods. Also, all the others would have a deep mental impact, and I wouldn’t like that if I can avoid it.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I want to avoid being whatever my unreasonable thoughts prompt me with. I want to avoid being a total recluse and being explosive in the rare times I come out. A person who is completely frozen, isolated, unaware, and such. I want to avoid being inadequate, incompetent, or not having the skills I need.
17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
A: I have a problem with getting obsessed easily. I’m aaaall about this one person or thing until that wears off and I wonder, “What the heck was I thinking?” I wouldn’t say I merge with them, though. I don’t consider my interests a part of me. I’m me and they’re them. I get attached, for sure, but not “merged”. The idea of being one and the same with someone/something makes me very uneasy. Independence is important to me.
18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?
A: I have a system, but I wouldn’t call it organized. It only makes sense to me. Generally, my areas are a bit messy. I prefer knowing what to expect but I don’t go out of my way to plan (ex. I will do this, this, and this and see how it goes). I do NOT like surprises or obstacles at all.
19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I am, unfortunately, physically sensitive. I can’t wear certain materials, can’t tolerate certain foods, can’t stand certain sounds or visuals. So, comfort is freedom from those things. I simply avoid them if I can.
Mentally, comfort for me is security and freedom to do my own thing. I’d like to be able to do things at my own pace, even if that pace is a bit slower than others’. I take a lot of time to think things through, and I’d like the time to do so. I want to know that things aren’t unstable and as “guaranteed” as they can be.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The influences of 5 and 9 in your answers are huge. I could really see either of them as your core. Much more difficult to read your heart, but I would guess 3. So likely 593? I'm also not sure on instincts, but I'd guess sp/so. :)

Sprinkles257

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I usually get 549 as a tritype, so that's a very close answer! I would definitely see myself with the self-preservation instinct, too. Thank you for commenting! :)