• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INFP like another forum said?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I used perc. One forum member said I was INFP.
Here is why I feel that may be the case
I always feel the need to do what I feel is right, with perfectionism, and I end up getting misunderstood and trashed and beaten by society in the process. I get impulsive, because I expect others to have the same moral code, but society I find, is harsh, and "fake". I have a logical side of me, and I use this with cynical narcissism and also an academic sage to say both, "I told you that was coming, why didn't you listen?" (but often i am wrong, and paranoid, and socially awkward and inept due to autism and other things) (cassandra syndrome), and at other times, "that always happens, why should i care......" i connect better with people who are empathetic, and I crave sensitivity and authenticity from people, not fake kindness. i am always searching for what is in line with what is right, and this challenge has led people to say, "what the fuck are you doing? how the hell did you end up from HERE to x, y, z? and all over the place?" especially with religion and deadlines. i also am very neurotic, and need to talk things over when i am upset. but people never have the time. i am ery sensitive, according to some people, and due to my autism, have been mischaracterized as coming across as "challenged" when in fact i am misunderstood or don't know how to present myself. i also connect to people who are very logical and quick, especially certain figures on youtube for a time, but found i did not have anything in common with them other than their willingness to support what i perceived as the "invisible underdog" ("white men and, when i was younger, boys") because i fell for the alt right narrative that too much reactionary social justice caused reverse racism and sexism ("and imho i now think they think that warrants reverse racism and sexism. which is reactionary). i see things as a cosmic whole, but can connect contradictions.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, PerC. I'm there too, a classic example of a forum full of people who asses stuff purely on stereotypes, in an very counter intuitive way. They have love affection for some reason to slap the INFP label on others, especialy when someone disagrees with their points of views.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure how or why INFP came to be seen as a pejorative and an insult. It must say something about our broader culture that we would see traits or qualities associated with that type as negative or weak.

There seems to be a "coolness factor" associated with each of the types that share 3 of the INFP's letter. INTPs are seen as the logical wizards who can learn to program as easily as other people learn their ABCs. ISFPs are seen as the sensitive rebels who are good artists at whatever they do. ENFPs are seen as the zany manic pixie dream boys and girls who between their bouts of hyperactivity offer nuggets of clarity and wisdom. INFJs are seen as the mystic seers who know people better than they know themselves. Yet INFP often seems to be seen the joke, the weakling, the oversensitive daydreamer who is unable to function in the world.

It seems to be the most negatively viewed of any of the N types too.

I don't get it.

Anyway, my advice would be to do your own reading and research and not trust the advice of some "experts" on a forum who probably have little information or impressions to base their typings on. If you do eventually come to the conclusion you're an INFP, this is not a negative thing. Plus, there's probably an ENTJ lady somewhere in this world who would love to date you.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used perc. One forum member said I was INFP.
Here is why I feel that may be the case
I always feel the need to do what I feel is right, with perfectionism, and I end up getting misunderstood and trashed and beaten by society in the process. I get impulsive, because I expect others to have the same moral code, but society I find, is harsh, and "fake". I have a logical side of me, and I use this with cynical narcissism and also an academic sage to say both, "I told you that was coming, why didn't you listen?" (but often i am wrong, and paranoid, and socially awkward and inept due to autism and other things) (cassandra syndrome), and at other times, "that always happens, why should i care......" i connect better with people who are empathetic, and I crave sensitivity and authenticity from people, not fake kindness. i am always searching for what is in line with what is right, and this challenge has led people to say, "what the fuck are you doing? how the hell did you end up from HERE to x, y, z? and all over the place?" especially with religion and deadlines. i also am very neurotic, and need to talk things over when i am upset. but people never have the time. i am ery sensitive, according to some people, and due to my autism, have been mischaracterized as coming across as "challenged" when in fact i am misunderstood or don't know how to present myself. i also connect to people who are very logical and quick, especially certain figures on youtube for a time, but found i did not have anything in common with them other than their willingness to support what i perceived as the "invisible underdog" ("white men and, when i was younger, boys") because i fell for the alt right narrative that too much reactionary social justice caused reverse racism and sexism ("and imho i now think they think that warrants reverse racism and sexism. which is reactionary). i see things as a cosmic whole, but can connect contradictions.

I somehow get INxJ vibes from this post, enneagram 4 is for sure because the feelings of being misunderstood.