• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INTP or INTJ?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
1) I often come up with ideas for doing things, but don't act on them, or come up with projections for what the world will be like in the future politically as well as how it relates to my personal life and one big picture such as getting married while certain social problems back at my parent's home country end, certain third world dictatorships are overthrown or outvoted, etc.
2) I am obsessed with planning, and am highly intuitive, to the point that I think people can infer what I mean by giving pieces of my plan but I am too tired to explain the whole picture time and time again and people misunderstand
3) I see life as one cosmic whole, yet have struggled at times with our multifaith religious book club at our mosque, because I originally went there to have a place to read my favorite tafseer in English, (which wasn't a traditional tafsir) and then it just turned into a validation of all religions and I usually only answered with my knowledge of my religion, and felt insecure as I felt I would be more comfortable in a muslim only group in a safe space, but nonetheless enjoyed the priceless discussions and felt it to be a safe space as well in other regards, but longed for a "one truth place"
4) I don't know where I stand politically at times, and due to certain life experiences I feel as if everything happens for a reason, and that one politician's blunder may very well be salvation in the long run, and thus dismiss politics at time, but used to be a neoconservative due to my knowledge of horrors abroad, but was convinced into progressivism by a friend when he used facts and logic (and the fact that I believed it logically it would be a means to preserve interests domestically and many progressives fought for foreign ethnic groups and populations anyway).
5) I feel uneasy around certain people. I get easily triggered into feeling something is happening, or something will happen, but am often wrong, sometimes right.
6) I hate when people don't follow my advice and end up paying the price
7) I could relate in an intj video on youtube when a young woman described needing a deadline for a phone call to be exact, and my INTP best friend has commented I am too rigid with timing of when something will happen, yet at times I just do nothing all day, in fact usually, as I despise most jobs and am unemployed at the moment, and have adhd and asperger's. (I m waiting till the last year of college to get an internship)
8) I have maladaptive daydreaming
9)I procrastinate a lot, but get the job done right away if I feel its important or exciting.
10) often when I get in the grip I either focus on ways I can project my hatred into improving the world, just lay down in bed and cuddle my pillow and maladaptively daydream due to my longing for a girlfriend/wife. or desperately try to get validation.
11) I have been described by a social worker as needing to know exactly what will happen in the future, and if I could "wave a magic wand" and just know when something would happen, i would stop worrying.
12) I used to be a huge introvert/loner as a kid and was fine with that, until i felt something was missing and i wanted to fit in and forced myself to try to interact and make friends, and now i often obsess over validation due to a fear of abandonment, but ofen wish i could be more self sufficient, and often can be quite introverted.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I tend to think that you are INTP, with P being slightly weak.

Things arent that black and white to the point where some one is 100% I, 100% N, 100% T, 100% P or J.
The ideia that INTJs dont have Ne or Ti or that INTPs dont have Ni or Te is false, "statistically" speaking although I am post-phoning publishing that. In Ni description, you can also read in somewebsites that "Ni also sees the big picture" or some sorts of things; Seeing the big picture is Ne thing, the reason why its in Ni description is that most of these websites dont believe Ni users have Ne, but they also realize that Ni users also see the big picture, so they will put that on Ni description. But Ni cant see the great picture because of Jung original concept. That happens because Ni and Ne correlates with themselves, and Ni user usually have a significant Ne and Ne users have some Ni. That happens with Te and Ti as well, a Ti user pure and with low Te is rare and should be pretty much close to Jung Ti archetype, which is clearly not your case.

Just to be more clear, Jung cognitive function concept in a resume and basic concept is the combination of N/S, T/F and J/P with Jung I/E dimension. Jung I/E is a very deep concept, but resuming it and losing a little bit of information, it is something like:
E--> Attention towards the object/external/enviroment
I--> Attention towards the subject/ownself/inwards

Ni cant see the big picutre because thats attention towards the enviroment, which is Ne departament.

So, just to conclude that part, if you are a Ne user you will likely find Ni on some of your traits and can get use of that cognitive function; The same for Ni user.

Ssome types has some large changes between cousins, like ISFJ and ISTJ that are quite different, but thats not the case for INTPs and INTJs, INTPs and INTJs are quite close to each other. The end of the average cognitive function stack of each of these types in Dario nardi test is almost the same and has the same sequence. Most INTJs and INTPs are "Se-tard and Fe-tard" as well, for this type looking for achile heels is mostly not useful because both have low Se and Fe in average (even some IXTPs have low Se).

INTP (average - 30 INTPs) - Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Fi>Si>Se>Fe
INTJ (avg 30) - Te>Ni>Ti>Ne>Fi>Si>Se>Fe

So, advice on your task to look which one you fit better, INTJ and INTP, dont look for achile-heels and dont pay attention to the tertiary, you should focus on this:
- Do you prefer Ne over Ni or Ni over Ne? From what I gather, 23 INTPs prefers Ne, 3 dont have a preference and 4 where Ni-INTPs. 20 INTJs prefer Ni, 8 has no preference and 2 were Ne INTJs (Ne>Ni INTJs are most likely an error than a reality, but Ne=Ni INTJs arent that rare).
- Do you prefer Ti over Te or Te over Ti? From 30 INTPs, 28 prefered Ti, 1 had no preference and 1 prefered Te. Clear preference for Ti is a clear signature for INTP. For INTJ, 17 prefered Te, 12 Te=Ti, 1 prefered Ti, which this last one is likely a typing mistake of his own.

From other random stats, here are more different points:

BIG 5 (you should take one big 5 test and get known to big 5. Big 5 creators want to bash MBTI out, but it turns out that MBTI, Big 5 and Enneagram can be a lot complementary and supplementary to each other).
- From Big 5 Facet "Friendliness", INTPs tends to score quite lower than INTJs. Both tends to score low, but INTPs tends to score quite low while INTJ tends to be more in the middle. If you get high on that, than its unlikely that you are INTP.
- From big 5 Facet "Assertiveness", INTPs tend to score lower than INTJs. INTJs tends to score middle, while INTPs tends to score low. Assertiveness is basic desire to lead, and INTPs dont have much desire to lead.
- BIg 5 "CONSCIENTIOUSNESS" is more or less related to Myers J/P. But there is a strong relation between Ni, the most strong relations with this dimension and cognitive functions are Ni and Te, while the lowest are Ne, Ti and Fi. Despite that, INTPs dont usually get very low (but rather low or average) but instead INTJs usually get high or very high on this big 5 dimension. This extends to all its facets except caution and duty.

Enneagram
- If your enneagram is 1w9, than you are way more likely to be INTJ than INTP. If your enneagram is 9w1, than you are way more likely to be INTP. However, most chances are that you are 5w4, 5w6 or 6w5, which are common enneagram for both.

Others
- INTJs tends to have less "borderline" dimension than INTPs, also, "Ne is the cognitive function of the doubt" (thats not at all times accurate, but mostly is), so if you are in doubt at being INTP or INTJ you are more likely INTP.

And of course, you could try to pay attention to dichotomy and try to have a look from there.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I tend to think that you are INTP, with P being slightly weak.

Things arent that black and white to the point where some one is 100% I, 100% N, 100% T, 100% P or J.
The ideia that INTJs dont have Ne or Ti or that INTPs dont have Ni or Te is false, "statistically" speaking although I am post-phoning publishing that. In Ni description, you can also read in somewebsites that "Ni also sees the big picture" or some sorts of things; Seeing the big picture is Ne thing, the reason why its in Ni description is that most of these websites dont believe Ni users have Ne, but they also realize that Ni users also see the big picture, so they will put that on Ni description. But Ni cant see the great picture because of Jung original concept. That happens because Ni and Ne correlates with themselves, and Ni user usually have a significant Ne and Ne users have some Ni. That happens with Te and Ti as well, a Ti user pure and with low Te is rare and should be pretty much close to Jung Ti archetype, which is clearly not your case.

Just to be more clear, Jung cognitive function concept in a resume and basic concept is the combination of N/S, T/F and J/P with Jung I/E dimension. Jung I/E is a very deep concept, but resuming it and losing a little bit of information, it is something like:
E--> Attention towards the object/external/enviroment
I--> Attention towards the subject/ownself/inwards

Ni cant see the big picutre because thats attention towards the enviroment, which is Ne departament.

So, just to conclude that part, if you are a Ne user you will likely find Ni on some of your traits and can get use of that cognitive function; The same for Ni user.

Ssome types has some large changes between cousins, like ISFJ and ISTJ that are quite different, but thats not the case for INTPs and INTJs, INTPs and INTJs are quite close to each other. The end of the average cognitive function stack of each of these types in Dario nardi test is almost the same and has the same sequence. Most INTJs and INTPs are "Se-tard and Fe-tard" as well, for this type looking for achile heels is mostly not useful because both have low Se and Fe in average (even some IXTPs have low Se).

So, advice on your task to look which one you fit better, INTJ and INTP, dont look for achile-heels and dont pay attention to the tertiary, you should focus on this:
- Do you prefer Ne over Ni or Ni over Ne? From what I gather, 23 INTPs prefers Ne, 3 dont have a preference and 4 where Ni-INTPs. 20 INTJs prefer Ni, 8 has no preference and 2 were Ne INTJs (Ne>Ni INTJs are most likely an error than a reality, but Ne=Ni INTJs arent that rare).
- Do you prefer Ti over Te or Te over Ti? From 30 INTPs, 28 prefered Ti, 1 had no preference and 1 prefered Te. Clear preference for Ti is a clear signature for INTP. For INTJ, 17 prefered Te, 12 Te=Ti, 1 prefered Ti, which this last one is likely a typing mistake of his own.

BIG 5 (you should take one big 5 test and get known to big 5. Big 5 creators want to bash MBTI out, but it turns out that MBTI, Big 5 and Enneagram can be a lot complementary and supplementary to each other).
- From Big 5 Facet "Friendliness", INTPs tends to score quite lower than INTJs. Both tends to score low, but INTPs tends to score quite low while INTJ tends to be more in the middle. If you get high on that, than its unlikely that you are INTP.
- From big 5 Facet "Assertiveness", INTPs tend to score lower than INTJs. INTJs tends to score middle, while INTPs tends to score low. Assertiveness is basic desire to lead, and INTPs dont have much desire to lead.
- BIg 5 "CONSCIENTIOUSNESS" is more or less related to Myers J/P. But there is a strong relation between Ni, the most strong relations with this dimension and cognitive functions are Ni and Te, while the lowest are Ne, Ti and Fi. Despite that, INTPs dont usually get very low (but rather low or average) but instead INTJs usually get high or very high on this big 5 dimension. This extends to all its facets except caution and duty.

Enneagram
- If your enneagram is 1w9, than you are way more likely to be INTJ than INTP. If your enneagram is 9w1, than you are way more likely to be INTP. However, most chances are that you are 5w4, 5w6 or 6w5, which are common enneagram for both.

Others
- INTJs tends to have less "borderline" dimension than INTPs, also, "Ne is the cognitive function of the doubt" (thats not at all times accurate, but mostly is), so if you are in doubt at being INTP or INTJ you are more likely INTP.

And of course, you could try to pay attention to dichotomy and try to have a look from there.
very well said, i appreciate it, [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION]

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ

Enneagram

Others

Thanks for the insights, they are very helpful also for me, as I am on the fence about INTJ, INTP - and others... as you can read here: Please help me type myself – xNxx ???

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ
I've been thinking about the OP, [MENTION=35211]Warrior[/MENTION], and re-reading it, but I don't get a clear J o P vibe.

However, it seems to me that your adhd points towards your being P; maybe your need to know what's going to happen it's not due to Ni/J tendencies, but because you are higher than average in the Big 5 Neuroticism trait. That would make you a Limbic INTP.

If you end up following [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] , it would be interesting to check your score in the Neuroticism department.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been thinking about the OP, [MENTION=35211]Warrior[/MENTION], and re-reading it, but I don't get a clear J o P vibe.

However, it seems to me that your adhd points towards your being P; maybe your need to know what's going to happen it's not due to Ni/J tendencies, but because you are higher than average in the Big 5 Neuroticism trait. That would make you a Limbic INTP.

If you end up following [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] , it would be interesting to check your score in the Neuroticism department.
I actually did take a Big 5 test, I scored high on neuroticism. so yeah, that would be accurate.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe the Big Five would be a better way to explore your personality at this time. You seem to be under a lot of stress (from what you relay in other threads you've been creating) and for MBTI, stress + hardcore cultural expectations can wreak havoc on MBTI readings.

I typically do not see INTP guys so bent on chasing down women + the other things you seem to be focusing on and responding the way you've been; what you relay in terms of how your're acting plus responding to culturally more like an e6 ISTJ approach to such things. But the fact is that your goals seem more culturally driven currently and you seem under a high degree of stress + potential depression, so trying to assess a type archetype is going to be difficult. I like the OCEAN/Big Five test because it focus more on five major traits versus a comprehensive type per se.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

I actually did take a Big 5 test, I scored high on neuroticism. so yeah, that would be accurate.

Mancino did actually read me on other topic about Neuroticism, but I should had considered here too.

If the levels of neuroticism are more than 70%, then it is iminent that the MBTI type is wrong and difficult to be "discovered".

I had reached that conclusion while comparing cognitive functions and MBTI. I did a small search of my own relating cognitive functions and Big 5 Facets. J/P and conscientiousness failed to correlate properly. So I had the idea that, if I filtered some cases, the correlation could show up. I tried depression and another first, failed. Then I tried neuroticism and managed the proper correlation. And I filtered facet "emotion" (I think it had that name, i dont remembe the exact name), taking out cases with less than 10%, and did get better results. Merging these, I got correlation higher than it was supposed to be (mainly because they had people with higher neuroticism too in Wikipedia, but they were in less numbers when compared to the cases I could get from Typology Central). So, basically, I reached the conclusion that people with more than 70% of Neuroticism and/or less than 10% in emotion (I think that is apathy, although I dont know how to differentiate someone with very high preference for thinking with someone who is apathetic, but most of these extreme cases are just apathy) are in a situation where at least J/P dimension is disturbed. E/I got some improvements with this filtering (better correlations), while Openess to Experience and N/S dimension didnt seemed to be affected. This was my first (more or less first, there was a "prelude") time that I had a stat tackling the idea of "shadow", which is the MBTI shadow theory that, when someone passing through a lot, all MBTI letters tend to be inverted. By what I have, which is scare but it is infinite times more evidence than all these websites that claims to know all shadow dynamics (which is zero), it seems that J/P dimension is heavily affected with Ps going Js and Js going P; T/F dimension can be or not be affected, it depends on; E/I is affected, although the idea of someone Introverted get Extroverted while passing through a lot or in a lot of stress is extremely strange to me; And N/S seems to be completely unaffected.

This remembers me the Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker case on Personality-Database. They first typed Darth Vader as ISTJ, then they decided that it was necessary to create a profile to Anakin Skywalker because he was very different from Darth Vader as he was another person, and through some time they put Anakin Skywalker as ENFP and many justifided their vote by using the idea of the shadow, saying that the traumatic experience of Anakin-->Vader transformed a true ENFP into ISTJ. But recently, they decided to change Anakin to ESFP because no one saw much Ne or intuition on him. And at the very ending, Anakin is viewed by that community (I had an account but my methods and views are too much orthodox to get popular) as ESFP that turns into ISTJ by trauma. This case dont serve to prove it, but its a great illustration, because it really seems that N/S is not really affected when someone is passing through a lot (or, to be more precise, when someone has more than 70% of Neuroticism or less than 10% of emotion), but the other dimensions are.

OP had posted in another type me thread that he got, something like, 60 and something of Neuroticism. He didnt posted emotion, although, but, with 60 and something proper typing seems to be possible yet difficult. Giving some of his other posts, I think that he/she is through a lot to the point where J/P is affected but other dimensions perhaps arent.

And one more thing, enviroment plays a role in E/I, sudden changes of enviroment can potentially make someone more or less introverted.