• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type check please!

sorako

I have recently gotten seriously invested in figuring out my type after years of nonchalantly taking tests and getting different answers all the time. I attribute that to my being younger, having different experiences, and growing into myself more now.
So, I've gotten a single type more consistently now and have been kind of hesitant to accept the result because of how different it is from how others perceive me, and at times my actions don't fully agree with the profile. But at the same time, I always answer the tests as truthfully as possible. The result type just surprises me when it shows up as the same in another test. Maybe I am subconsciously brainwashing myself somehow. Anyway, the following is a completed questionnaire and I hope to hear your thoughts.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
Mid 20s, big city located in northeast corridor of US. What impairments? Psychological, maybe - undiagnosed. No particular religious or political beliefs of note.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
Leaving this out so as not to color your thoughts.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
Don't know really, struggling and at times hoping my type will help me figure this out. There's what I want to do and the current situation that presents me as being unable to achieve it. I don't know that I have one, only that I have dreams.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Gluttony. Not for the food but- I just want everything and all of it at once. They say you can have anything you want but you can't have everything at once. I say, why not? :)
After revisiting the definitions, I also resonate heavily with sloth, as I can be. very lazy.
Wrath, the least. I just don't feel like anyone deserves to evoke my wrath 100%. Its just, not a thing.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
...Mentally or physically..or? I like attractive looking people but also really smart, fun(ny), and especially, witty people.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I think.. people who want to have fun.. sometimes lost people.. sometimes mentally disturbed people. I like to think creative and smart individuals, but that just might be me reflecting..

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Insulting, disrespectful, thoughtless people. Strict, rigid, have little or no concern for others. People who don't care to learn or have interest about things. People who are too sappy and annoying.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Being extremely thoughtful and caring about others even at a cost to myself. There is a limit to my capacity for this and it might just be a thing from my past, but I tend to avoid heavy depressing discussions.
Being flexible yet focused. People who accommodate others and yet manage to get a lot done in life.
ESFJs and ENTJs, I think...

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger: lurks under the surface. I don't use this emotion often. I only let it out when provoked by others or, like, I can get mad if I lose like a game or get frustrated by uncontrollable circumstances.

b) Shame: ..only when I realize I've done something wrong and didn't intend to? So.. rarely if ever.

c) Fear: more often than I like.. I am naturally hesitant/wary. I tend avoid situations that make me anxious but that doesn't mean I won't go into the situation. I might sometimes just become really quiet.

d) Love/passion: I feel like this is an emotion that I can just plug a cork in or hit a switch to turn on and after that, it kind of becomes more difficult to control the longer I unseal it. Weird, I know.

e) Conflict: I will avoid conflict if I know it will arise and cannot be recovered from. So if there is a foreseeable fallout of significant magnitude I won't indulge it. Otherwise, I will either press the issue if I think it needs to be addressed, or just for kicks.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
This is a hard one for me.. I can only think of.. my past relationships? I tend to lose people and it has kind of damaged me each time. I feel I grow colder but also stronger as a person, as I learn to more appropriately deal with relationships in life. Who to avoid, who to trust, that sort of thing. I've written off some people, and others have written off me. I learned not to argue with people, it is the quickest way to destroy a relationship.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
Software Engineering. I wanted to be able to create things and it had a lot of growth potential. I also needed the money. I would change it if I could.. my ideal would probably be "idea-person". I've always been able to come up with random, occasionally useless or impractical ideas, but not good at the details of implementing them.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Them! I try to talk to them about themselves and ask them things. I don't know why, it just makes for an easy and good conversation starter and I try to find common ground mostly. It's fun! Except, when they don't want to talk to you.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Big sigh on this one! I think.. humanity as a whole is great! But many people lack compassion or simply are blatantly ignorant. Not that those are bad ways to live, I just find that those qualities lead to bad situations between people. When there's no common ground to stand on... someone's gotta eat, right.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I actively indulge now in listening to music, web-surfing, movies, TV, board games, exercising, and partying. Irregularly, I dabble in and enjoy: team sports, cycling, boardsports, books, gaming.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I tend to hang out with several people through group-chat initiated parties. I will also hang out one-to-one if only one of those people in the chat responds. I will probably initiate the interaction if it is something I want to do or think that I will get a good response. I will not pursue activities which have generated poor response in the past.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Personally I think actions are more important than words because technically deciding on words is an action as is talking.. but I can understand how this question can be seen from both sides. The choice of words being an action is why I think actions encompass everything and that is the answer, but words are also significant in framing how one's thoughts are portrayed to others. They can be poorly misconstrued, or taken out of context. You could start a war on either words or actions.. What does important mean anyway? If it has more power? Result: inconclusive.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
Oh boy. I honestly would go with immortal. Everyone thinks this sucks because they'll lose everyone they care about. But all of the other answers completely suck because they deprive you of natural humanness. Ok, I guess being immortal also deprives one of natural morality, but you don't encounter death everyday. Literally speaking. Figuratively.. likely another story. But you only die once. You taste a lot, relive memories a lot, need money often, love often. Also, being immortal is an actual superpower. Rescue people from burning buildings. Save someone from a firefight. Hell yeah. Damn, question slain. Where can I meet this witch.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Uhhhhhhhhhh. Damn all these questions making me think. Evil? I want to say evil, but I can't picture who or what embodies what I would avoid as a villain. If I became a villain, would I even have the same values as I do now, as a non-villain? I seriously think that people do not consider how their choices [now] affect how they might see them later. I want to say, the joker because in my eyes, he ruthlessly/selfishly involves bringing innocent people to their deaths for no reason other than to bait Batman. I don't even know if that's accurately lore but that's how I picture him.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
Uh, yes, 100% I tend to merge with my interests. I experience a strange phenomenon where, when I am fully attentive in a show or movie, I feel myself being absorbed into the context of the media. Like, I'm totally immersed. Also when I get really deeply involved in visually learning new activities or sports, I tend to get drawn into mimicking the moves. When I'm not doing this or I realize I am, I feel kind of disjointed from reality. It's a weird feeling that i haven't yet found a word for.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Organized mess, I like to say. I know where things are generally, because I put them in the spots where they belong. I have a mental map of where things go but I usually just leave things where I can easily reach them. When I take notes, I end up with like 10 different pieces of papers or random notepads, and I rarely revisit them because I misplace them or don't want to reread them.
I love blueprints(schematics). I also don't mind surprises? They can turn out fun! I like when other people make plans, I do not enjoy planning whatsoever. I make "plans" on the fly for like things i know i have to get done and a rough timeline but I usually just do them in the order of which I know they will occur without consideration for length of time.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I think lots of people agree blankets and beds are comfy. Comfort is subjective to one's preferences for sure. I create comfort through efficiency and ease.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
INTP or ENTP to me.

I marked about 7 passages of Ne... Ne is flooding your text.
"Don't know really, struggling and at times hoping my type will help me figure this out."
"my ideal would probably be "idea-person". I've always been able to come up with random, occasionally useless or impractical ideas, but not good at the details of implementing them."
"Result: inconclusive." =P

Dont see much signs of Se or Si, and you are most likely intuitive.. about that I get that phrase:
"I experience a strange phenomenon where, when I am fully attentive in a show or movie, I feel myself being absorbed into the context of the media. Like, I'm totally immersed. Also when I get really deeply involved in visually learning new activities or sports, I tend to get drawn into mimicking the moves. When I'm not doing this or I realize I am, I feel kind of disjointed from reality. It's a weird feeling that i haven't yet found a word for."
Thats a cool mix of Ni and Ne.

Intuitive towards Ne gives XNXP

The way you describe feeling, using the word awkward with one of them, it might be that you are not that used to them.. But this one was the most difficult one, but mainly by the way you describe feeling, plus there are very few and nearly irrelevant (but all I got) of T...

Dont need to have a say about J/P, Ne Ne Ne already solves it.

And finally, you didnt really mentioned much about you being social or not (and using Jung I/E in these questionaries is very difficult), I catch some INTP stereotypes but Im really not sure, could be ENTP too or perhaps XNTP.