• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kinesthetic Intuition?

Eastwood

Is is possible that somebody can be typed with Ne and still only be able to learn through hands on experience?

After 5 years of typing myself, I still don't know my type. But I'm curious if I could be an ENTP with Kinesthetic learning style, which I feel contradicts MBTI typing descriptions.

Please see if you can give some insight on what constitutes Kinesthetic learning as it pertains to MBTI....... and what might be a good way of discovering my type after 5 years of miss typing myself. (lol)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there a reason you can't be ESTP? I just wonder if there are some assumptions or stereotypes about ESTPs that are preventing you from identifying with the type.

I seem like an extreme iNtuitive at times, but I also share strong kinesthetic learning, doing, and valuing, and so it is a big reason that I identify with ISFP.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One big tell is whether or not you have pockets of sensory rigidity/sensitivity. It's difficult to find the right word, but there is a huge difference between strong Se and inferior Si, but it is very familiar to me to spot. People who are Se dom or aux will have a kind of command of sensory experience in the moment that enables them to be very aware, but also very adaptable. I can give a few specific examples like a handyman that used to work on my house who was an ESTP. When I asked the group of people what they wanted on their sandwich for lunch, the tertiary or inferior Si people were extremely specific about their sandwiches because they needed the flavor to exactly match their internal expectation. The Se-dom guy said whatever basically constitutes a sandwich would be great. The Se-dom will be very aware of how the sandwich tastes, but there isn't an internal mapping of what it is supposed to be like, so they can enjoy a dozen different sandwiches with the same level of gusto. Si has more internal mapping and needs the sandwich to match expectations. In this way people with Si will tend to seem more discriminating about sensory details and more sensitive to finding experiences that match expectations which can be driven by familiarity or quality and taste. When Si is tertiary or inferior it will tend to be less consistent, often being absent in the face of obliviousness that results from their abstract, intuitive focus. Someone with strong Ne and low Si might become enthusiastic about the "idea" of some exotic sandwich, and may be able to enjoy it because of internally wanting to like it combined with being somewhat oblivious to how horrible it actually tastes to them. The strong Se person will try out the weird sandwich and enjoy a wider range of possibilities because of having less judgment about what tastes "good" or "bad". Not to say they don't have any, but it is not as detail oriented as Si.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is a weird little guide (correct me if I'm wrong) to how perceptive functions relate to sandwiches.

Si: These are the specific sauces needed, but they need to be added in specific amounts proportioned 1:3:2, and just a dash of this spice only two shakes of the bottle - one on each side of the sandwich. It needs to be toasted, but only very lightly or the flavor on the turkey will become too smokey. The cheese needs to melt just enough, but never bubble up. It is also important to keep the bread fluffy at all times.

Se: I may try a couple of sauces this time and double meat and cheese. Which type? Any of them will be fine. Whatever you need to use up first.

Ne: I'm curious to try this type of sandwich they make in Outer Mongolia where there are spices that cannot be found any place else in the world. Oh, or I can just create my own sandwich unlike any sandwich ever imagined by a human.

Ni: What is a sandwich? How is it that humans the world over have created breads to hold meats and vegetable to eat. Is there something instinctual in the human mind that keeps recreating the same food concepts in a kind of polygenesis. "What?" "Sure, I'll have some mustard sauce" "Oh, am I holding up the line?"

Edit: I just started a sandwich thread based on this post bc I thought it would be fun.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
It can be frustrating dealing with Si for me. my high Si grandmother used to call me a barbarian in the kitchen. I still refuse to believe that it's "normal" to "eat with your eyes" The Se philosophy helped me get through the more frustrating aspects of the military eating experience, because it doesnt have to look or taste like anything in particular as long as it works.

Eastwood

[MENTION=14857]Ravenetta[/MENTION] I found your sandwich explanation absolutely remarkable. I'm definitely Se in regards to sandwiches (lol). I literally tell my friends to put whatever on a sandwiches, I'll eat it already knowing full well what the options would be. Sometimes I've told people to just "surprise me".
I will say though, one stereo type I concerned myself with, was not coming off as coordinated or "athletic" enough. There are times I day dream or "zone out". But then I remind myself on the teachings of mindfulness and redirect my thoughts to the present moment. I feel its forced, due to spiritual enlightenment, without truly knowing If I'm naturally living in the moment. However, I know for a fact, I wont learn something, unless I'am physically doing it myself.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=26663]Eastwood[/MENTION]
The daydreaming and zoning out could lean towards introversion. Just a thought to toss out there - have you considered ISTP? That places Ni higher in the lineup and getting lost in a Ti-Ni kinda loop when being inward can look something like iNtuition. It's what I consider for myself with a Fi-Ni loop. I have really strong Ni.

The athletic reference does not entirely determine type because some of that is genetic physicality. For myself I have ability to solitary endeavors like dance or gymnastics but am completely worthless in team sports. I think the team sports require extroverted judgment to negotiate those environments. I had an ISTP friend who was a photographer, but he himself was very skinny, would forget to eat while playing video games and had an interest in philosophy. He self-identified as ISTP, so that isn't me typing him. He did spend a lot of time taking nature pictures and living a quiet, solitary life.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm so glad there's more of us. :cry::wubbie::happy2:

Eastwood

[MENTION=14857]Ravenetta[/MENTION] Yea I've tested ISTP quite a lot in the recent past. I think I might find a quick and easy questionnaire and post for one finale time.
[MENTION=13545]TheCat[/MENTION] Not a lot of us around is there? I noticed this sight is dominated by NF types. lol.