• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type checking

Shalimar

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
38 years and live in Brazil. Self diagnostic of AvPD but have got many diferent professionals diagnostics of Depression, ADHD, Asperger. Got to the conclusion thet I am just a really socially awkward ISTP.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
ISTP but have considered INTJ, INTP, INFJ and ENTP as well. Settled on Ti/Fe and too good at physical activities (whenever I manage not to loop) and too bad of a memory. Also enneagrem type 5w6 sx/? but considered types 6, 9, 7 and 8.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
To matter.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I identify the most with wrath and the least with pride.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
Nerds of all kinds.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
Dogs and cats.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Perfect compliment seeking know it alls.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
The ability to lie and deceive so thet others do as I wish (like not humiliating me or taking the smart choice instead of the really dumb one).

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
Understand it would be potentially hazardous to allow it to take charge of myself but otherwise have no issues with it.

b) Shame
Hate it and can't really understand why it exists at all.

c) Fear
Don't particularlly like it but do understand it's necessity.

d) Love/passion
Too dangerous to partake into more than the minimum necessary.

e) Conflict
Perfectly avoidable (if only people would look for the midle ground instead of greedilly wanting it all) and never a good thing.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Failure at being understood (it really feels like I am speaking giberish for I carefully choose my words so they are totally clear and still people distort and misunderstand what I say). Failure at understanding my finner feelings and wishes. Failure to give up on the truth and the fair in the name o harmony. Failure in controlling my obstinacy.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
Zoothecnics. I wanted to become a veterinarian but lacked steady hands due to my anxiety. I am in the process of taking computational engineering graduation.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Their behavior.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
In my undertanding humanity biggest problem is greed, people simply want it all, they want to achieve everything but are not willing to pay the price nor do the work.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Video games, horse riding, researching.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
Since I do not have friends I only go out with my ISFP mother usually to acompany her in familly parties (I much prefer small ones), walk on the beach, go for a icecream or shooping.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions cause one can easilly lie with words but with actions it is harder.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
To be immortal (is this even a curse?)

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Someone who believes so much in something that I stop acepting new data (like my INTJ father).

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I tend to obsess about whatever is my current interest. Don't even know what merging means.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Semi organized everything has 2 or 3 places and those places are choosen based on praticality and I use basic and general planning of the next day and current week.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort is whenever my body is at ease without any anoying sensations.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
You are really sure about being ISTP right?
Im usually the guy who comes weeks after no answers but you seem more secure about ISTP and I seem to need more info.

Shalimar

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's just just I feel like an ISTP/INTP hybrid (I always thought I was crap at physical activities but after learning about the MBTI I started realizing I quite enjoy playing with my hands and when calm am quite talented at it but at the same time love theories and fiction even though I hate reading too long). So I don't really know if it is due to my type 5w6.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My first impression was ISTP, and I think it is a good fit, however I have some more questions:
  • If you had some more friends, would you be more sociable? You obviously prefer solitary activites because you're forced to do so, and you considered extroverted types. Maybe think about a time when you had more friends than just dogs and cats.
  • You're definetely skilled at physical activites, which is expected from a SP type, however how comfortable are you with brainstorming, debates on theoretical stuff, philosophy and experimenting with various ideas about something that you can't sense imidiately? (checking for NP influence).

I'm quite sure that you aren't INTJ or INFJ. INTP seems possible, given the extremely short, but precise answers and the subtile N influence, but I still think you're more S than N.

Shalimar

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even if I had more friends I would have a hard time being outgoing cause I really fear being asked too much by them though now that I started working with meditation I am getting better at it.
I am very comfortable with theoretical debates (like debates about characters and plot from movies and shows or even academic stuff) as long as I have enough knowledge to keep up with it. I even learned meditation and energy work through online research alone though I do get really bored at the deeply abstract stuff till I end giving up. And I couldn't think of 10 different ways to to something to save my life would get 5 at most and need a day or so of hard thinking to do so. But I do like philosophy when I had philosophy classes I liked the debates though I dindn't liked that we never reached any consensus cause I feel a really strong urge to find consensus, this is why I believe I am tritype 592.

Last edited:

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really don't see any other option now. ISTP it is. You may be able to come across INTP-like at some times, but it's based on what you already know, and there no crazy-explorative attitude in you (which is typical for INTP, they can read wikipedia for days).

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Even if I had more friends I would have a hard time being outgoing cause I really fear being asked too much by them though now that I started working with meditation I am getting better at it.
I am very comfortable with theoretical debates (like debates about characters and plot from movies and shows or even academic stuff) as long as I have enough knowledge to keep up with it. I even learned meditation and energy work through online research alone though I do get really bored at the deeply abstract stuff till I end giving up. And I couldn't think of 10 different ways to to something to save my life would get 5 at most and need a day or so of hard thinking to do so. But I do like philosophy when I had philosophy classes I liked the debates though I dindn't liked that we never reached any consensus cause I feel a really strong urge to find consensus, this is why I believe I am tritype 592.

IxTP is not really that uncommon at all, I do have gathering data and thats common, although their cognitive functions are different. By your text, is it correct to infer that your Se is reasonbly high (activities plus question 19) and Si is low (not much signs, if you have a feeling of not being normal then Si is unlikely to be high) on cognitive function tests? Thats one way of it. You seem to have low Ni as well (Ni correlates with pride by 0.6-0.8; Ni is more oriented through long-term, I dont see you with long term orientation at all; and one another thing I forgot).

I do see you as Introverted anyway, but that I is on Myers. I in myers and I in Jung are mainly different, if you want more about that I could look for my own resume about the differences between (detecting I/E in Myers is easier than in Jung). You could be E on Jung, no way you are I on Myers except by one condition Ill say later.

J/P and T/F comes quite complicated with this questionarie, it doesnt really induces you to choose any of these at all. I do get a hunch saying that you are T with some Fi. Your Fi must NOT be low but not high either, seems to be in the middle of the stack. J/P, you had some opportunities to answer with judgements but havent made so, so you are somewhat P to me (P is somehow easier to be understood as absent of J).

I think you are IXTP but Im really unsure, and perhaps a better questionarie could hep if you have patience. Also, there is one thing about the shadow... If you are with deppression and some bad stuff there is a chance that you are on your "shadow you", which means that your preferences are different than they would be as if you were healthier. Although many will say that the "shadow you" flips all MBTI letters, I would do a good bet that it doesnt work that easy. For the few investigation I did on that matter, the shadow you can swith 2-4 letters depending on the person on complicated conditions, and I cant really securely access case-per-case on that matter.