• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me Please!

hstewartjr12

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

- College age In USA. The only minor impairments I can think of is that I'm not very articulate. Also I can be inconsistent sometimes.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
Any IXXX type because I'm really quiet. I don't think I understand the types well enough to decide anything else atm.
2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
I don't really think I have a purpose, necessarily. I'd love to make my ideal video game or story, but I'm pretty quick to get discouraged and lower my expectations since there's so many other things that go into the process to get to that point in my life that I'm not sure I can achieve. I don't want to overestimate myself or look at life with rose-colored glasses just to get a hard reality check later on.
3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I don't really know about the sins very well but if lust basically means passion then it would be that because I can obsess over things that I like sometimes.
4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

People who seem open-minded and friendly.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I think the people who like me find me non-judgmental and generally have a common interest.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who forcefully impose themselves on others. People who don't listen to reason.
5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
People who are unapologetically non-conforming and independent. It's hard for me to feel confident in my passions so I admire people who express their passions without a second-thought.
6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I feel a lot of anger sometimes. A lot of times I just feel that life isn't fair at all and can be pretty spiteful and cynical at my lowest point.
b) Shame
Sometimes I feel embarassed about my interests or overthink my actions.
c) Fear
I can fear that I'm not doing good enough at something.
d) Love/passion
I'm very passionate about my interests (Sorry I don't know how to elaborate on this stuff).
e) Conflict
I'm not good with emotionally charged situations.
7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Self-confidence, Self-awareness, Self-expression, Freedom, not feeling like a good person.
8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

Computer Science. I thought I could be good at it and because I could pursue a video game related career. Ideally I might've chosen creative writing but I'm not a good writer at all atm.
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Their facial expression, their tone of voice. Their overall demeanor, I guess.
10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
People are sometimes too willing to impose their emotionally charged beliefs. Some people are also unwilling to listen to reason over groupthink. It's hard for me to explain.
11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I like watching basketball. I love playing video games. I don't really have a favorite genre bit I can be picky about games that I like and don't like. I really like Sonic games, watching AMVs and discussion videos on YouTube, and listening to music. My favorite songs seem to usually fall within the realm of hard rock, indie, alternative rock/metal, etc. I also like some electronic and hip-hop.

Additionally, I have a lot of ideas on how to make a good cartoon or video game. I'm at my most passionate when discussing what I think a particular game or cartoon is missing, as well as looking at what a past on did well and hoping that particular element gets used in the future.
13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I'm usually not the one who initiates interactions, and it's usually 1-3 other people. Sometimes it's playing some kind of game, and sometimes it's watching a discussion video on YouTube and debating about it (about video games, anime, cartoons).
14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Hard to say, there are situations in which I prefer actions, and some where I prefer words. Otherwise, I'm not sure.
15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
I kinda fear death. Also I find the idea of having all the time and freedom in the world to experience and understand life very interesting.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Someone who takes their insecurities and imposes it on the world. The last thing I want is to be a burden on someone else, or failing to become self-sufficient.
17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I can be obsessed about my interests sometimes, I guess. I don't really understand what "merging" means.
18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Probably messy. I wish I was organized, but I'm not. I'm not good at following plans, and tend to follow my impulses in the moment.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort is when I don't have any plans or looming deadlines, and I have privacy, peace, and quiet to explore my interests. By extension, this also means stable living conditions.

Thanks in advance!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From this, I would guess enneagram 9. Possibly sx/sp.

hstewartjr12

From this, I would guess enneagram 9. Possibly sx/sp.

Thanks for answering! Do you mind elaborating on why you think so? I've considered both but I haven't seen anything conclusive.

Also do you have any ideas on what my MBTI type might be?

Shalimar

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can detect high Ti and low Fe so I would say IxTP.

Shalimar

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see Ti in the way you don't like emotionally charged beliefs and even less people who impose thenselves on others. And lower Fe in the way you are not good at emotionally charged situations
In order to figure Se or Ne you determine whether you live in a world of concrete details (Se) or in a world of abstract theories (Ne).

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi

My first impression is INTP and enneagram 9.Have you considered those at all? I don't want to sound like I know what type you are as you know yourself better than I do so maybe have a read of those?

I definitely think you are an introvert. That was made obvious throughout the questionnaire. You seem to value freedom of thought and open mindedness. You like warm and approachable people from what I can tell and I see that with INTPs a lot as they struggle with Fe. Could I ask what you meant by inconsistent? I'm wondering if it's a 9 thing. You get obsessed with interests which seems very INTP and you don't do well with emotionally charged situations. The being discouraged easily part made me think Enneagram 9 as well.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. If there's anything you disagree with please feel free to say! It's tough trying to type when I don't know someone so maybe take these as helpful hints rather than definitive answers.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also I want to add, don't be so hard on yourself! You articulate yourself well.

hstewartjr12

Hi

My first impression is INTP and enneagram 9.Have you considered those at all? I don't want to sound like I know what type you are as you know yourself better than I do so maybe have a read of those?

I definitely think you are an introvert. That was made obvious throughout the questionnaire. You seem to value freedom of thought and open mindedness. You like warm and approachable people from what I can tell and I see that with INTPs a lot as they struggle with Fe. Could I ask what you meant by inconsistent? I'm wondering if it's a 9 thing. You get obsessed with interests which seems very INTP and you don't do well with emotionally charged situations. The being discouraged easily part made me think Enneagram 9 as well.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. If there's anything you disagree with please feel free to say! It's tough trying to type when I don't know someone so maybe take these as helpful hints rather than definitive answers.

By inconsistent, I mean that I say things in the moment that I may rethink and not believe in the future. Basically wishy-washy. I don't have set beliefs or routines that I can consistently fall back on, If that makes sense. I can try to elaborate on it more, if necessary.

I've considered INTP but I always get Fi confused with Ti. You guys seem to think I use inf Fe and not inf Te, though, so maybe it would be easier to look at it that way. I also get confused between enneagram 6 and 9. Probably because they integrate and disintegrate into each other.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By inconsistent, I mean that I say things in the moment that I may rethink and not believe in the future. Basically wishy-washy. I don't have set beliefs or routines that I can consistently fall back on, If that makes sense. I can try to elaborate on it more, if necessary.

I've considered INTP but I always get Fi confused with Ti. You guys seem to think I use inf Fe and not inf Te, though, so maybe it would be easier to look at it that way. I also get confused between enneagram 6 and 9. Probably because they integrate and disintegrate into each other.

Ah I understand.

To be fair, I think we can all be like that. It's ok to change your mind about stuff. I think you sound very open minded. Do you have trouble with indecisiveness?

As for enneagram, it's good to look at basic fears and desires. When I looked at type 2 i was like holy shit it's me! I mistyped as a 6 for ages because i have anxiety but looking at the fears and desires of types really helped me.

hstewartjr12

Ah I understand.

To be fair, I think we can all be like that. It's ok to change your mind about stuff. I think you sound very open minded. Do you have trouble with indecisiveness?

As for enneagram, it's good to look at basic fears and desires. When I looked at type 2 i was like holy shit it's me! I mistyped as a 6 for ages because i have anxiety but looking at the fears and desires of types really helped me.

Yeah I would say that I do.

idk I've always found descriptions of 9's fears and desires to be somewhat vague. Don't many people seek "peace of mind" and fear "loss and separation." It's hard for me to differentiate that from the security-minded 6.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I would say that I do.

idk I've always found descriptions of 9's fears and desires to be somewhat vague. Don't many people seek "peace of mind" and fear "loss and separation." It's hard for me to differentiate that from the security-minded 6.

Yeah it is all a bit vague and I think that's why so many of us mistype for so long. I had to take my time and look at integration, disintegration, and the levels of health. Don't wanna admit it but I do disintegrate to 8 and I'm not fun to be around at that point 🙈 it's an uncomfortable journey discovering your enneatype but it's worth it.

My hubby is a 9. He mirrors other people and is super agreeable on the surface because he doesnt like conflict. His worst fear is becoming distant from me and our daughter. My worst fear is being unloved and no one liking me anymore. That can seem similar on the surface but I guess our motivations are different. I people please, serve others etc in pursuit of love and approval. He is pleasant and accommodating to avoid conflict as he wants a quiet life rather than to be liked by everyone. Does that make sense?

If you don't relate to 9 I saw some 5 traits in what you said.

hstewartjr12

Yeah it is all a bit vague and I think that's why so many of us mistype for so long. I had to take my time and look at integration, disintegration, and the levels of health. Don't wanna admit it but I do disintegrate to 8 and I'm not fun to be around at that point 🙈 it's an uncomfortable journey discovering your enneatype but it's worth it.

My hubby is a 9. He mirrors other people and is super agreeable on the surface because he doesnt like conflict. His worst fear is becoming distant from me and our daughter. My worst fear is being unloved and no one liking me anymore. That can seem similar on the surface but I guess our motivations are different. I people please, serve others etc in pursuit of love and approval. He is pleasant and accommodating to avoid conflict as he wants a quiet life rather than to be liked by everyone. Does that make sense?

If you don't relate to 9 I saw some 5 traits in what you said.

I'm definitely like your husband when I'm in groups and with new people. One on one I'm a bit more willing to openly disagree and debate (if I'm knowledgeable about the topic).

What did I say that made you consider 5? I've considered that too but I'm not sure. Any key ways I can tell the difference between 5 and 9?

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm definitely like your husband when I'm in groups and with new people. One on one I'm a bit more willing to openly disagree and debate (if I'm knowledgeable about the topic).

What did I say that made you consider 5? I've considered that too but I'm not sure. Any key ways I can tell the difference between 5 and 9?

There were just hints of 5

"I can fear that I'm not doing good enough at something."

And obsessing over interests, being passionate about them, being cynical etc.

I guess 5s fear being incompetent more than disconnection likes 9s do. 5s seem more solitary and not as fussed about connecting in my experience

hstewartjr12

Hmm. Most people who know me would say I am a solitary person. I like connecting with people sometimes, but I don't like going out of my way to do so. I'm more concerned with conflict avoidance before connection.

I don't like looking incompetent, but I'm not sure if my core focus is being competent.

hstewartjr12

Hmm. Now I'm thinking that I might be an ISTJ with enneagram 9 or something.

It doesn't seem to me that I use Ne as much as or as well as INTPs and also I think I possibly use Te to solve problems rather than Ti.

Of course I might be totally misinterpreting the functions, but from what I've seen, doesn't high Ne use translate to quick-wittedness, making connections, improv humor, etc. I don't really relate to those things.

I also hear Ti being about having consistent internal logical frameworks for interpreting the world, which I'm not sure I relate to either. More so I don't get it.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken anywhere.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm. Now I'm thinking that I might be an ISTJ with enneagram 9 or something.

It doesn't seem to me that I use Ne as much as or as well as INTPs and also I think I possibly use Te to solve problems rather than Ti.

Of course I might be totally misinterpreting the functions, but from what I've seen, doesn't high Ne use translate to quick-wittedness, making connections, improv humor, etc. I don't really relate to those things.

I also hear Ti being about having consistent internal logical frameworks for interpreting the world, which I'm not sure I relate to either. More so I don't get it.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken anywhere.

I'm more into socionics but that sounds like you're right MBTI wise :)

hstewartjr12

I'm more into socionics but that sounds like you're right MBTI wise :)

I think I'll stick with ISTJ with enneagram 9 then for now, since I think it fits me best atm. Thanks for helping me out (and thanks to everyone else who commented) :)

Edit: actually I think I'm definitely an INTP, sorry for being so indecisive, lol.

Last edited: