User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Type Me Please!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LittleVoice View Post
    Also I want to add, don't be so hard on yourself! You articulate yourself well.
    Thank you! I guess it's easier to think through my responses online than in real time, though.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by hstewartjr12 View Post
    By inconsistent, I mean that I say things in the moment that I may rethink and not believe in the future. Basically wishy-washy. I don't have set beliefs or routines that I can consistently fall back on, If that makes sense. I can try to elaborate on it more, if necessary.

I've considered INTP but I always get Fi confused with Ti. You guys seem to think I use inf Fe and not inf Te, though, so maybe it would be easier to look at it that way. I also get confused between enneagram 6 and 9. Probably because they integrate and disintegrate into each other.
    Ah I understand.

To be fair, I think we can all be like that. It's ok to change your mind about stuff. I think you sound very open minded. Do you have trouble with indecisiveness?

As for enneagram, it's good to look at basic fears and desires. When I looked at type 2 i was like holy shit it's me! I mistyped as a 6 for ages because i have anxiety but looking at the fears and desires of types really helped me.
    ISFJ - 2w1 - SEI
    Likes hstewartjr12 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Ah I understand.

To be fair, I think we can all be like that. It's ok to change your mind about stuff. I think you sound very open minded. Do you have trouble with indecisiveness?

As for enneagram, it's good to look at basic fears and desires. When I looked at type 2 i was like holy shit it's me! I mistyped as a 6 for ages because i have anxiety but looking at the fears and desires of types really helped me.
    Yeah I would say that I do.

idk I've always found descriptions of 9's fears and desires to be somewhat vague. Don't many people seek "peace of mind" and fear "loss and separation." It's hard for me to differentiate that from the security-minded 6.
    Likes LittleVoice liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Yeah I would say that I do.

idk I've always found descriptions of 9's fears and desires to be somewhat vague. Don't many people seek "peace of mind" and fear "loss and separation." It's hard for me to differentiate that from the security-minded 6.
    Yeah it is all a bit vague and I think that's why so many of us mistype for so long. I had to take my time and look at integration, disintegration, and the levels of health. Don't wanna admit it but I do disintegrate to 8 and I'm not fun to be around at that point 🙈 it's an uncomfortable journey discovering your enneatype but it's worth it.

My hubby is a 9. He mirrors other people and is super agreeable on the surface because he doesnt like conflict. His worst fear is becoming distant from me and our daughter. My worst fear is being unloved and no one liking me anymore. That can seem similar on the surface but I guess our motivations are different. I people please, serve others etc in pursuit of love and approval. He is pleasant and accommodating to avoid conflict as he wants a quiet life rather than to be liked by everyone. Does that make sense?

If you don't relate to 9 I saw some 5 traits in what you said.
    ISFJ - 2w1 - SEI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Yeah it is all a bit vague and I think that's why so many of us mistype for so long. I had to take my time and look at integration, disintegration, and the levels of health. Don't wanna admit it but I do disintegrate to 8 and I'm not fun to be around at that point 🙈 it's an uncomfortable journey discovering your enneatype but it's worth it.

My hubby is a 9. He mirrors other people and is super agreeable on the surface because he doesnt like conflict. His worst fear is becoming distant from me and our daughter. My worst fear is being unloved and no one liking me anymore. That can seem similar on the surface but I guess our motivations are different. I people please, serve others etc in pursuit of love and approval. He is pleasant and accommodating to avoid conflict as he wants a quiet life rather than to be liked by everyone. Does that make sense?

If you don't relate to 9 I saw some 5 traits in what you said.
    I'm definitely like your husband when I'm in groups and with new people. One on one I'm a bit more willing to openly disagree and debate (if I'm knowledgeable about the topic).

What did I say that made you consider 5? I've considered that too but I'm not sure. Any key ways I can tell the difference between 5 and 9?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I'm definitely like your husband when I'm in groups and with new people. One on one I'm a bit more willing to openly disagree and debate (if I'm knowledgeable about the topic).

What did I say that made you consider 5? I've considered that too but I'm not sure. Any key ways I can tell the difference between 5 and 9?
    There were just hints of 5

"I can fear that I'm not doing good enough at something."

And obsessing over interests, being passionate about them, being cynical etc.

I guess 5s fear being incompetent more than disconnection likes 9s do. 5s seem more solitary and not as fussed about connecting in my experience
    ISFJ - 2w1 - SEI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Hmm. Most people who know me would say I am a solitary person. I like connecting with people sometimes, but I don't like going out of my way to do so. I'm more concerned with conflict avoidance before connection.

I don't like looking incompetent, but I'm not sure if my core focus is being competent.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Hmm. Now I'm thinking that I might be an ISTJ with enneagram 9 or something.

It doesn't seem to me that I use Ne as much as or as well as INTPs and also I think I possibly use Te to solve problems rather than Ti.

Of course I might be totally misinterpreting the functions, but from what I've seen, doesn't high Ne use translate to quick-wittedness, making connections, improv humor, etc. I don't really relate to those things.

I also hear Ti being about having consistent internal logical frameworks for interpreting the world, which I'm not sure I relate to either. More so I don't get it.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken anywhere.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Hmm. Now I'm thinking that I might be an ISTJ with enneagram 9 or something.

It doesn't seem to me that I use Ne as much as or as well as INTPs and also I think I possibly use Te to solve problems rather than Ti.

Of course I might be totally misinterpreting the functions, but from what I've seen, doesn't high Ne use translate to quick-wittedness, making connections, improv humor, etc. I don't really relate to those things.

I also hear Ti being about having consistent internal logical frameworks for interpreting the world, which I'm not sure I relate to either. More so I don't get it.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken anywhere.
    I'm more into socionics but that sounds like you're right MBTI wise
    ISFJ - 2w1 - SEI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I'm more into socionics but that sounds like you're right MBTI wise
    I think I'll stick with ISTJ with enneagram 9 then for now, since I think it fits me best atm. Thanks for helping me out (and thanks to everyone else who commented)

Edit: actually I think I'm definitely an INTP, sorry for being so indecisive, lol.
    Last edited by hstewartjr12; 11-24-2019 at 02:32 PM.