• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my MBTI? Thanks!

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESxP currently, so close! Help is appreciated!

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Red Cloud Closeup | Sunset watching. | loren chipman | Flickr
I guess this pic is fine. I like the orangeness of the cloud, and it looks nice, but the lack of ground makes this picture not work for me. It makes me feel a bit disoriented. The sky touching the skyline would make this picture even better imo.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I’ll probably be irritated. My emotions will be influenced by the moment, everyone will probably be a little bit annoyed as well, I’ll feel the vibe and I’ll verbally be pissed. Damnit, why? Who’s going to fix this? What do we do? How are we going to get there? I really wanted everyone to have a good experience. I’ll then calm down after this and try think of solutions. Alright, everyone, this car isn’t going to fix itself, let’s figure something out together.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Yeah, it's fun to party. But I'm not sure about this...This is after the concert, there might be a bunch of slobs and I don't want anyone to get hurt. I'll probably put my foot down. There's a part of me that wants to go the party and meet new people and have fun, but I can't be entirely sure about this, and encourage everyone to go home. If this was a professional dance party, hell yeah, we'll go, but since this is after a concert.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Debate time, I’m going to want to understand their reasoning. I’ve learned to be more understanding and not to gnash teeth. I don’t really have an inward reaction? I guess it would be: Let me test this guy. I disagree with that opinion. That doesn't make sense to me because...Etc, etc...

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
If I saw someone picking on someone or being a bully, I’ll get angry and confront them. I’d rather lose a fight than be too afraid to stand up to someone.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I’m not the most value based person. I love the people closest to me, so duh, and I have a very protective streak over women/children. I will fight the bully, and I guess I can be the protective big brother figure.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
A. I’m able to figure out people and then be able to adjust accordingly. I’m also spontaneous, confident and playful so it brings me a sense of excitement that no one else has. B. I would want to be calmer.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?[/B]
No one saw that the quiet kid would turn out to be cocky, but I did. Socially, my hunches and gut feelings will most of the time be right. I can pick up body language really well.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
A. Talking with people, motorbiking, something like canyoning, spending a lot of time with my loved ones. B. I get so drained in environments where the mood and the aesthetics disturb me. Very structured environments where I can't improvise also make me feel controlled and trapped. I also can’t be completely alone, I need at least someone in the house with me!

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I care a lot more than I show. I repress it due to fears of being taken advantage of or being seen as weak. I wear two kinds of masks, the outgoing guy, and the calm cool guy mask, for better or worse. I am consciously trying to be seen as charismatic and attractive.

Last edited:

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
ESFP, with E/I relatively close to each other and P as the heaviest.

Cognitive functions I catch Se, Fi and Ti with a reasonbly frequency, Ne and Fe a little bit and no clear signs of Ni, Si and Te. I had deducted that Fi>Si over question 5 and Fi>Fe from question six plus that Fi must not be your first cognitive function on your cognitive function stack.

As for extroversion, I catch as very moderate extroversion because althought you state things like "I cant be in the house alone" or "outgoing person", the answer of the party doesnt say so (I also recognized extraverted and introverted cognitive functions more equally).

For sensing, well, this one is tricky. Using cognitive functions to go through, I see some Se, a little bit of Ne and no Ni or Si, So, seems slightly sensor, but through other aspects of the text I dont think S is on borderline.

As for Feeling, not that tricky. The emotion response came first on the car, and then the T pulls later.

For P and J, I dont see much J aspects on your whole text, and, in terms of cognitive functions Ti, Se and Fi are P functions, just some tiny Fe (and that tiny Fe is an important component for extroversion). So I think its P.

I am not completely sure althought, it was hard to catch the functions and only J/P seemed easy to evaluate.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFP, with E/I relatively close to each other and P as the heaviest.

Cognitive functions I catch Se, Fi and Ti with a reasonbly frequency, Ne and Fe a little bit and no clear signs of Ni, Si and Te. I had deducted that Fi>Si over question 5 and Fi>Fe from question six plus that Fi must not be your first cognitive function on your cognitive function stack.

As for extroversion, I catch as very moderate extroversion because althought you state things like "I cant be in the house alone" or "outgoing person", the answer of the party doesnt say so (I also recognized extraverted and introverted cognitive functions more equally).

For sensing, well, this one is tricky. Using cognitive functions to go through, I see some Se, a little bit of Ne and no Ni or Si, So, seems slightly sensor, but through other aspects of the text I dont think S is on borderline.

As for Feeling, not that tricky. The emotion response came first on the car, and then the T pulls later.

For P and J, I dont see much J aspects on your whole text, and, in terms of cognitive functions Ti, Se and Fi are P functions, just some tiny Fe (and that tiny Fe is an important component for extroversion). So I think its P.

I am not completely sure althought, it was hard to catch the functions and only J/P seemed easy to evaluate.

Thanks! I've been leaning towards ESFP as well. I've noticed that I feel most myself when I'm doing something that engages me and allows me to focus on the present. I love looking good, and I enjoy seeing other people's 'fancy' clothing style. I love being engaged in the moment, I was swordfighting the other day, and the need to improvise and be in tune with the moment without any outside thought really got me engaged.

I find you seeing Fi over Fe interesting as well. I'm always trying to project myself attractively and always want to be charismatic with no true awareness of myself, making me think I had Fe in my stack. I can't ever be myself because I have to be the idealized projection of what people are attracted to see. But that probably makes me a feeler.

I really do feel most myself when interacting with multiple people during the day and being the loudest in the group. I enjoy social interaction and I find myself liking to be energetic, going out with friends. I wouldn't go to the party asked in the second question mostly due to concerns about keeping everyone safe from weirdos at the party rather than because I was drained, I get energy from interaction with others for sure. I consider myself a sociable loner, because there are times when I can get calmer and less talkative. This happens especially when I feel I don't fit in (Fi too probably?).

Okay, so for inferior Ni...When I'm VERY stressed, I get paranoid, and start thinking of disaster scenarios in my head. I will freak out and isolate myself, wondering if everyone is going against me, and creating backup plans to backup plans for the 'disaster' future I'm seeing. Is this Ni grip? Usually I'm very relaxed, and not too much of a worrywart.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
The question about values is usually designed to differentiate Fi or Fe (forcing you to pick one without you noticing that). Althought, sometimes it mixes.

Fi answers may vary but all these answers are values independent from the society and are values that can be pursued alone. You being with full of people or alone in an island doesnt change Fi (because of the 'i' aspect). Fi is more towards people you know.
Fe answers are more community driven and, because of 'e' component, behavior/values change in enviroment and culture context and likely cant be pursued alone. Fe is more towards people you dont know, its more about a group of people you see yourself as belong to.
The answers of you being protective come from values that are societal-independent (at least in a surface analysis). The loved one parts is towards people you know. So, Fi>Fe.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The question about values is usually designed to differentiate Fi or Fe (forcing you to pick one without you noticing that). Althought, sometimes it mixes.

Fi answers may vary but all these answers are values independent from the society and are values that can be pursued alone. You being with full of people or alone in an island doesnt change Fi (because of the 'i' aspect). Fi is more towards people you know.
Fe answers are more community driven and, because of 'e' component, behavior/values change in enviroment and culture context and likely cant be pursued alone. Fe is more towards people you dont know, its more about a group of people you see yourself as belong to.
The answers of you being protective come from values that are societal-independent (at least in a surface analysis). The loved one parts is towards people you know. So, Fi>Fe.

Would me fighting bullies to protect people be my way of asserting my tertiary Te to protect my Fi values?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Would me fighting bullies to protect people be my way of asserting my tertiary Te to protect my Fi values?

My MBTI frame is alternative and it admits that tertiary Te is not needed to be ESFP or ENFP. I dont see much Te on you, and that doenst necessarily makes you introverted (or ISFP). Complete version of my MBTI frame is posted here:
https://www.typologycentral.com/for...nction-stacks-function-stack.html#post3168168

I see your bully fight as an exercising of Fi (and being fearless).

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My MBTI frame is alternative and it admits that tertiary Te is not needed to be ESFP or ENFP. I dont see much Te on you, and that doenst necessarily makes you introverted (or ISFP). Complete version of my MBTI frame is posted here:
https://www.typologycentral.com/for...nction-stacks-function-stack.html#post3168168

I see your bully fight as an exercising of Fi (and being fearless).

It was too theoretical, so I couldn't wrap my brain around it. Thanks for the analyses, one last final thing, any thoughts on my Enneagram?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
It was too theoretical, so I couldn't wrap my brain around it. Thanks for the analyses, one last final thing, any thoughts on my Enneagram?

I dont know much about enneagram, I just inserted mine based on people opinion on my whats my type thread plus what the tests said (they matched).

Keep in mind that the too theorical and complicated thread just quotes a study that says that the popular function stack as we know (Se-Fi-Te-Ni for ESFP) is not accurate (to be more direct and less polite, its wrong, just look at any cognitive functions tests thread with results). By my own experience seeing test results, ENFPs and ESFPs with tertiary Te are rare.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont know much about enneagram, I just inserted mine based on people opinion on my whats my type thread plus what the tests said (they matched).

Keep in mind that the too theorical and complicated thread just quotes a study that says that the popular function stack as we know (Se-Fi-Te-Ni for ESFP) is not accurate (to be more direct and less polite, its wrong, just look at any cognitive functions tests thread with results). By my own experience seeing test results, ENFPs and ESFPs with tertiary Te are rare.

So I'm able to use Ti despite it not being in the quote on quote 'accurate' functions stack? I guess Ti would be higher than Te for me.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=37794]Chase123[/MENTION] Yes.