• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me a type.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
I've done this many times before. But that was back in high school. Now I'm a college student and I know I grew since I started back in August so I guess this JS a more of how much I grew since the last time I've done this. Anyway. Here it is

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Like I said, I'm a college student. I'm sure that explains it. I'm currently in midterm season and I'm swamped. So stress for now, so that could affect the answers, tbh.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

It's of a bug with yellow and black pattern on it sitting on a yellow flower, which the stem and background is blurred.

My first thoughts were how the cameraman had taken the picture. I know how they did it, because I've learned how to take photographs similar to it. Then I started to wonder how he has taken the photo without the bug freaking out, which the best way is to take it about a certain distance then zoom in and focus. It's a nice photograph.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I first would ask what is going on, then hope someone who somewhat knows about cars (because I don't) would check it out. While I wait for them to check it out (and hope someone does, if not then ignore that haha) I would check my phone for service. Which more than likely there is no service because it's in the middle of nowhere. I guess I will be walking to the nearest store.
And yes this has happened to me twice before. Not fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I know I would do that because I have actually done that last time. The first time, I was too young, but I still suggested to walk to the nearest store.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

To be honest, I wouldn't want to go. I would be so people exhausted and would want to watch a movie or chill somewhere. A few of months ago, I would have said "I will go to watch my friend" but High school taught me to let my friends make dumb choices. I live by that in college.
So, now I would just let them go and I would chill somewhere. Maybe sleep in the car or in the hotel. Which I would expect us to have a hotel if we are traveling that far.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would get a tight feeling in my stomach. My outward expression, which is my facial expression, would say "I disagree" if they keep going, I will interject with my two sense and try to shut it down before I get mad. Not a big fan if people crush my beliefs. I understand theirs, but I learned that people like to argue over mine and it keeps going. So I'll shut it down.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Depends on what it is. I would probably keep my beliefs but understand theirs. Gotta look at the big picture though. So eventually after thinking about it, I would compromise my thinking.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Really, it's hard for me to pin point a belief. I have strong beliefs, but it's easy for me to stretch them and compromise. They are constantly changing. I also have many values, like for instance I value success and my own intelligence. I developed these when I saw that my parents aren't as successful. So I wanted to go beyond that. What I mean by my own intelligence is I want to be able to be skilled in what I love. (IE sign language, art). Although my beliefs are easy to change, my values arent.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Out of my friends, I'm the only one with a unique perspective on life. It's realistic, which thats how my roommate is, but it's also multi sided. I'm able to look at all sides of the dice.
One thing I would change about my personality is being overly emotional when people try to change my values. I'm just a strong feeler. I want it to change, or calm down a little because I guess it'll make me a well balanced person if I fix that.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

This also depends. When I get a hunch or gut feeling, 9 times out of ten I'm right. With my friends in their relationship, they dating a bad person and I got a gut feeling that they were that way, so I straight up told my friend. They wouldn't believe me though, until way later.
These hunches are triggered by how the person acts. More than likely my hunches are about a person. I also get intense hunches and almost insights for TV shows or movies. That's because all of them are very similar so it's no surprise anymore with "whodunnit".

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Activities that energize me the most is reading, listening to music, photography, painting. Anything art related. It's because I can put my mind somewhere else and not worry about people.
Parties drain me the most. School drains me the most. Not being able to do what I love drains me. It's because I'm not in what I know. I know how to art and I love to read. If I'm not in something I know, I get super drained unless I really love it. If I love it, I add it to the things I love.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When I see something, I'm going to it. When I hear something, I'm going to look at it. When I feel something, I wanna keep feeling it. When I taste something, I will react. When I smell something, I will react.
I say that because Im easy to read. I don't repress much about myself. Which is hilarious to me because all of my friends say I'm really hard to read. I don't really understand, when my mind is wanting to do something that peaks it's interest, I'll go do it. Of course, I tend to repress negative feelings, which is just how I am. I don't want people to know what I'm thinking.
I guess I'm having trouble answering this question. It's hard when you don't see yourself from the outside. I only know my inside, I need to know my outside self too. I'm still learning at 18.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stick around awhile, & explore! Observing your natural interactions in the wild over a period of time is often more reliable than reading responses to a handful of static questions (though they can be a helpful start).