• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe or Fi?

Meowcat

Pretty sure I got inferior feeling or almost inferior anyhow, it's pretty bad : p

I saw this list of questions, so I'm filling this out. Thanks for any help or opinion here!

1. What makes you angry?

Things getting in my way, unfair treatment, personal attacks.

2. What do you like/dislike most about people?

Like: not sure about a favourite here.

Dislike: too easily judging others, getting emotional and taking every small thing personally

3. Do you like animals? Why?

Cats. :p

I dunno why, just always did as a kid too.

4. What do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

Reliability

Things can just be fun with the person.

5. What do you like/dislike most about yourself?

I like being myself

If I internalised a negative judgment by someone else about myself, I'd dislike that.

6. Do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?

Yes, bc it just looks good and all that

7. Do you prefer to fit in or stand out?

I don't try to do either

8. What activities do you enjoy?

Right now idk because I'm in a bad place atm

9. What makes you feel secure?

I don't think I ever paid attention to feeling secure. Physically it's easy to sort out. Emotionally when someone was very attentive. I figured out attentiveness isn't enough though. Real warmth is also needed. Not just faking it

10. Do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?

Atm no

I liked to just have fun with people before and then attach meaning to that if I could, previously.

11. What do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...

Atm just work bc it's not bullshit emotions and judgments of people

12. What do you spend the most time thinking about?

Whatever my main focus is. Now just work I guess

Previously it was people and relationships.

And before that just whatever I worked hard for, coming back to this again.

13. How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

I was recently told that I now sound monosyllabic, disengaged, distant. I do remember myself as being more playful, I can still have some moments of that. But like I said, bad place right now. I just like to not change though, I'd like to just be the usual, that is, ready to engage with the world and keep a positive worldview I guess.

As a child: sober realist lol and had bad tantrums sometimes, first trait of myself I learned from others was "forceful", then later "logical".

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds more Fi to me, as Fi users tend to be a lot more confident in themselves, and who they are.

Meowcat

Sounds more Fi to me, as Fi users tend to be a lot more confident in themselves, and who they are.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Does it seem like inferior Fi or more tertiary? Is inferior Fi confident too like that?

edit: I guess I'm confident in what my tendencies are. I'm less confident in what I actually feel. That's one reason why I've been considering inferior feeling

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks a lot for your answer. Does it seem like inferior Fi or more tertiary? Is inferior Fi confident too like that?

edit: I guess I'm confident in what my tendencies are. I'm less confident in what I actually feel. That's one reason why I've been considering inferior feeling

Im not good enough at the theory to say. Sorry.

Caribelle

You sound like a thinker type. Not sure on the Fe/Fi - whatever it is I would guess maybe 'inferior' I don't see much of it glinting through at all, based on the info you shared. I get an ISTP/INTP vibe - which is inferior Fe.

Meowcat

You sound like a thinker type. Not sure on the Fe/Fi - whatever it is I would guess maybe 'inferior' I don't see much of it glinting through at all, based on the info you shared. I get an ISTP/INTP vibe - which is inferior Fe.

Thanks for the input. Any chance you can say more on this vibe? It's alright if not :)

Meowcat

Does anyone have good questions about Fe/Fi that I could answer? Thanks a lot.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
To whom are you loyal?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I have always wondered if some of my issues are a result of either very strong, or maybe unhealthy Fi.

By which I mean, he decides what other's intent it. You can tell him, under oath, that something you said was not meant as a personal attack and he will refuse to believe you.

If you says something he deems "negative' and you provide him with an ironclad presentation to back up exactly why what you said was merely an observation, no judgement of postive or negative, he will refuse to believe it.
He FEELS this is the way it is and not even God himself will convince himself otherwise.

Meowcat

Hey, sorry for the delay in response.
[MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION] hmm if by loyalty we mean not changing in attitude... that's pretty easy for me actually. Like, if I do care about someone then I do take that seriously. I'm also like this about important goals, i.e. my attitude/belief/direction does not change about them easily. So whom am I loyal to, really it could be anyone or anything I invest myself into. Sorry, if this doesn't answer, let me know what you were looking for. :) Or if this shows Fi/Fe.

But I don't think I'm loyal in the sense that I completely submit myself... I don't. I do need it to be working for me too if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I have always wondered if some of my issues are a result of either very strong, or maybe unhealthy Fi.

By which I mean, he decides what other's intent it. You can tell him, under oath, that something you said was not meant as a personal attack and he will refuse to believe you.

If you says something he deems "negative' and you provide him with an ironclad presentation to back up exactly why what you said was merely an observation, no judgement of postive or negative, he will refuse to believe it.
He FEELS this is the way it is and not even God himself will convince himself otherwise.

Ha ha ha, god. I have this problem a lot with some people. I feel for ya, lol.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any idea on this or any questions to help figure it out?

You stated you are in an "unhealthy place". Typing while struggling often leads to mistypes.

It is often easier to type the inferior function in such circumstances.

Please describe yourself when you are in a bad place: do you engage in risky behavior, endulging in food, sex, partying, and shopping? Do you become hypercritical of the world? Do you suddenly need to understand the "why" of everything in a loud, emotive way? Do you become super self critical, like a huge depression? Or something else?

And what things help you recover from such situations?

I don't like straight Fe/Fi talk as it brings up too many misconceptions.

Meowcat

You stated you are in an "unhealthy place". Typing while struggling often leads to mistypes.

It is often easier to type the inferior function in such circumstances.

Please describe yourself when you are in a bad place: do you engage in risky behavior, endulging in food, sex, partying, and shopping? Do you become hypercritical of the world? Do you suddenly need to understand the "why" of everything in a loud, emotive way? Do you become super self critical, like a huge depression? Or something else?

And what things help you recover from such situations?

I don't like straight Fe/Fi talk as it brings up too many misconceptions.

Hey, thanks for your input. Hmm, yeah what you say makes sense. (Disclaimer, I do have some sort of mood disorder too but I'm not going to involve that here because I would assume that that is unrelated to type.)

I would say my bad places are either emotional about people or just my emotional reactions in general, or really dark doom and gloom about some terrible outcome, without discrimination really.

The doom thing itself does not come with thoughts, so it takes time for me to recognise that I am in that place again, but then I'm able to figure it out and find a solution I guess, to avoid these bad outcomes. I did not have this doom thing when younger. I recognise mostly from noticing that my internal mood is really dark and my thoughts in general are going very negative, more and more negative. What fixes it is if I get a handle on 1) the world didn't suddenly become 100% doom/gloom 2) what concrete actions to take. But it is very hard to even recognise what kind of really bad outcome I'm being dark about. Because it's so not conscious. If that made sense. But the concrete action plan, it really gets me grounded again and back in the normal, stable, concrete real world.

With the emotions, it also takes a long time to recognise what is going on inside myself emotionally. To connect the dots about it. I did not spend time on this either when younger but I did always express more emotional reactions when in a bad place. Like I would get upset or angry. I'm now more like I stay longer inside myself to try and figure the emotions out. It's hard af lol. I do still have the emotional reactions too but I spend more time looking inside to connect the dots about the reactions. If I didn't, the outward reactions would be too strong. I feel like I spend way way way more time or effort here than about figuring out the doom and gloom. The doom and gloom feels more simple.

Super self-critical is a thing too but it is rare and I force myself to really quickly quit that because I don't think anyone should be self-critical in such a crappy way. I'll go back to concrete action and anger instead lol.

Also. "Do you suddenly need to understand the "why" of everything in a loud, emotive way?" This almost fit. Not sure which function this is ?? Please tell me lol. I'm like oh I'm getting "insights" and the "why's" about all those emotion things. What I said above. It's not loud though lol it's all inside myself. But it does feel like big so loud in that way until I realise it wasn't that big an insight lol. But this isn't simply me being in the bad place, it's when I'm already trying to come out of the bad place. I get to actually come out of there when I am able to see what concrete action plan works for the issue but that does seem to need my emotional awareness first in these cases. So for that yeah I get to feel like I need to understand these things...

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, thanks for your input. Hmm, yeah what you say makes sense. (Disclaimer, I do have some sort of mood disorder too but I'm not going to involve that here because I would assume that that is unrelated to type.)

I would say my bad places are either emotional about people or just my emotional reactions in general, or really dark doom and gloom about some terrible outcome, without discrimination really.

The doom thing itself does not come with thoughts, so it takes time for me to recognise that I am in that place again, but then I'm able to figure it out and find a solution I guess, to avoid these bad outcomes. I did not have this doom thing when younger. I recognise mostly from noticing that my internal mood is really dark and my thoughts in general are going very negative, more and more negative. What fixes it is if I get a handle on 1) the world didn't suddenly become 100% doom/gloom 2) what concrete actions to take. But it is very hard to even recognise what kind of really bad outcome I'm being dark about. Because it's so not conscious. If that made sense. But the concrete action plan, it really gets me grounded again and back in the normal, stable, concrete real world.

With the emotions, it also takes a long time to recognise what is going on inside myself emotionally. To connect the dots about it. I did not spend time on this either when younger but I did always express more emotional reactions when in a bad place. Like I would get upset or angry. I'm now more like I stay longer inside myself to try and figure the emotions out. It's hard af lol. I do still have the emotional reactions too but I spend more time looking inside to connect the dots about the reactions. If I didn't, the outward reactions would be too strong. I feel like I spend way way way more time or effort here than about figuring out the doom and gloom. The doom and gloom feels more simple.

Super self-critical is a thing too but it is rare and I force myself to really quickly quit that because I don't think anyone should be self-critical in such a crappy way. I'll go back to concrete action and anger instead lol.

Also. "Do you suddenly need to understand the "why" of everything in a loud, emotive way?" This almost fit. Not sure which function this is ?? Please tell me lol. I'm like oh I'm getting "insights" and the "why's" about all those emotion things. What I said above. It's not loud though lol it's all inside myself. But it does feel like big so loud in that way until I realise it wasn't that big an insight lol. But this isn't simply me being in the bad place, it's when I'm already trying to come out of the bad place. I get to actually come out of there when I am able to see what concrete action plan works for the issue but that does seem to need my emotional awareness first in these cases. So for that yeah I get to feel like I need to understand these things...

There is a very useful book by Naomi Quenk, who worked for the official MBTI folks (who don't officially use jungian cognitive functions theory in their work) but she analyzed all their data and found that finding the primary function is often easiest to find by looking at the inferior function and when people are in the grip of the inferior. The book is called, Was That Really Me?

For example, IxFPs become like the worst versions of a ESTJ stereotype when he the grip, little authoritarians that criticize everyone and order everyone around.

ExFJs go into a deep abyss of self criticism (inferior Ti), which can be worse than clinical depression.

INxJs become hedonistic and frivolous, as Se takes over them.

IxTPs get controlled by inferior Fe, becoming loud and emotional and losing their logical sense.

People who have experienced trauma or mood disorders are often caught up in the grip, even for long term.

I suspect you might be a INTP.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
its really hard to tell just by this lol
plus im forgetting mbti

my mind just picks up on several layers of intuitive "feeling based" impressions given people of that type that I have encountered, and even then that's best communicated face to face instead of online (because I feel there can be people waiting to jump "oh you used feelings to come to this conclusion! You're so wrong!" which is irritating to me, hence why I try to keep away from online forums)

but yeah even so, there is not a lot of info. I could provide my impression but I don't feel like there is a lot to go off of still

Meowcat

There is a very useful book by Naomi Quenk, who worked for the official MBTI folks (who don't officially use jungian cognitive functions theory in their work) but she analyzed all their data and found that finding the primary function is often easiest to find by looking at the inferior function and when people are in the grip of the inferior. The book is called, Was That Really Me?

That's interesting.

For example, IxFPs become like the worst versions of a ESTJ stereotype when he the grip, little authoritarians that criticize everyone and order everyone around.

Ah no. I do get like this sometimes but not due to a grip.

ExFJs go into a deep abyss of self criticism (inferior Ti), which can be worse than clinical depression.

Woah no that's what I said is absolutely forbidden to do to oneself lol. Like I mean, it's damaging to your self-respect. So don't do it. I work as simple as this about this issue.

INxJs become hedonistic and frivolous, as Se takes over them.

No. I have control over bodily desires. If I want to go to a party (not often), then I party hard, sure but that's all. I don't feel out of control with it. ;)

IxTPs get controlled by inferior Fe, becoming loud and emotional and losing their logical sense.

I don't relate to this way of putting it because I don't become loud. I do become very emotional inside but I don't show it. I don't really have a way to show it most of the time and abhor the idea of doing so. But when you said looking for the why's and it's so loud (inside!! not outside) and emotive that is what I really related to.

Also I don't relate to losing my logical sense because... I don't know, I just don't. It's more like I just focus all my thinking on the emotional whatevers inside me and work hard at figuring it out. I don't see it as the logic becoming worse... I just utilise it in a different area than normal. Intellectualising hard for sure but it's actually useful to me. It keeps some semblance of control for the emotions too. As long as the explanations do work it does help regain control, this takes trial and error to find the right one though.

Have you got this neat little summary for the rest of the inferiors?

People who have experienced trauma or mood disorders are often caught up in the grip, even for long term.

That makes sense that cognitively there is that side to these issues. Before my issues in this area, I was not going as deep with all this (as described above) as now. I wasn't even going into my internal emotions like this at all lol. I would sometimes see them just coming up but I'd figure really fast what it was and I'd quickly move on. And sure I would sometimes be upset, angry, whatever, I'd vent and it soon passed, I didn't get stuck inside myself trying to figure out what's going on. I would say that the word "grip" is good to describe this though lol. Bc it does feel like one. :p

Oh and externally what it looks like if that helps... I sometimes have short emotional fits that I try to hide from people. Also I completely blow up sometimes and don't hide the emotions then if I trust the person enough. Otherwise I continue to hide the emotions. In general I slow down with things and I get forgetful a bit, and forget even some tasks or obligations omg it's bad sometimes. I forget tasks to be done that I always just remember fine otherwise and I've been bitten in the ass sometimes due to this, so it gets bad enough. It is even worse that I lose the ability to respond fast to things. But again I don't feel my logic gets worse, it's just utilised elsewhere. This is the one thing I am very sure of lol. Everything gets really bad but not my thinking, it's just focused on the issues extremely strongly and hard to switch to other tasks and then that is when I do feel like I lost my logic temporarily and I feel like I'm going to die because I cannot do this task, I cannot understand it, I cannot see its details anymore. No details anymore and I just don't get anywhere with it. Then this terrible reaction finally passes and I can switch and do it. In general I am so much more focused on my internal world than usual. Trying to figure out what the hell is going on internally. That's part of what feels like a grip.

I don't know if all that is relevant to MBTI though. But I'm sure some of this is specific to how I am NOT like this usually and how other people respond differently to stress yeah.

I think, I'll edit this... What I really focus on is, I try to figure out what the hell is going on just in general. But also really focused on my internals and emotions internally with this. Somehow the two are linked, this is hard to explain.

And where I said I'm done with people and relationships lol, well that is my goal. I will get there eventually though. (Sorry if that sounded dark and cynical - do not take me seriously, I'm just being cynical yeah, but that's not my actual goal of course...)

I suspect you might be a INTP.

Thanks for the input. If you have anything else to add based on the above, do let me know.

Meowcat

its really hard to tell just by this lol
plus im forgetting mbti

my mind just picks up on several layers of intuitive "feeling based" impressions given people of that type that I have encountered, and even then that's best communicated face to face instead of online (because I feel there can be people waiting to jump "oh you used feelings to come to this conclusion! You're so wrong!" which is irritating to me, hence why I try to keep away from online forums)

but yeah even so, there is not a lot of info. I could provide my impression but I don't feel like there is a lot to go off of still

Sorry yeah I didn't write a lot lol. I understand what you're talking about, and I'd be interested in your impression. :)

BTW I'll add this (for anyone reading), about the Fe vs Fi, in general

So here's something I wrote to someone discussing emotional/people/relationship matters.

"(...) Making the group ideology also a blame game in worse cases. Not always, some people do not buy into it and quite some of the ones that do get "touched" by it do make an honest effort to try and make it reasonable but the need to blame is there too anyway clearly for some along with the need to get validation for it, so that these people can get to feel supported enough to [do concrete actions]. I just don't really believe that outside validation is enough to make real change though, if you sort out things in yourself is what truly matters. But I do believe [from experience] that outside validation in the sense of a person or people showing acceptance and positivity emotionally to you also helps sort out things in yourself.

Also I understand that it's not possible to predict who will be offended and who won't be. So in the problematic case here, some additional belief or perception or emotional stuff is involved where it gets seen very offensive, and that's either the group ideology or parts of that ideology, or some other type of belief related to the issue and so getting emotionally involved in it, and/or extra sympathy for the offended person along with that. I'm not seeing any other way to explain the differences in reactions. Again it comes out it to being all so personal and emotional. Uh all that to me is just random shitstorm lol : /"

This is about analysing some things I saw about people and their reactions in a specific group. So I talk about both outside validation (Fe??) and sorting out things in oneself (Fi??). I talk about a group ideology that I clearly have a problem with how it distorts the feelings and thoughts of people because it leads to bad outcomes. In simpler words, the blame game. But if I agreed with the ideology, I'd see the concrete actions it supports as justified too, so... it all comes down to not agreeing with it because it blatantly does not match the facts.

This is my take. I'm big on facts in general yeah but unfairness also pisses me off. Both those are a problem in that group I analysed. I'm focused on how group ideology can be useful if it leads to taking decisive, concrete action. But not useful and just harmful if it leads to ignorance of facts and too much unfairness for people. It will hurt the decisions for actions too because the outcomes will not be optimal anymore. You will just get in your own way with it then.

And I do talk about emotions of people being a random shitstorm lolol.

Well, so if this gives anything to go on about my type... Thanks :)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe isn't looking for outside validation. Fe is about being connected (not controlled) to the external emotional environment. Fe users are often unaware of their internal emotions.

Fi is about being directly connected to the internal emotional environment. Fi users often have great depths of feelings that can't be articulated. Fi users can be blind as to the external emotional environment as they run everything through their internal emotions.

Fi and Fe users can be stubborn. Both can strong personal values. Both can fall to peer pressure. Both can be narcisstic.

If a Fi user sees a child away from a group, they often look into how they personally would feel as if they were the child, whether the child is excluded by others or is choosing to be away from the group for personal reasons.

Much of Quenk's chapters on each inferior are on the internet in various places: Google gave me this page, which is a section of each chapter in her book: MBTI: Form of the Inferior Functions

Meowcat

Fe isn't looking for outside validation. Fe is about being connected (not controlled) to the external emotional environment. Fe users are often unaware of their internal emotions.

Fi is about being directly connected to the internal emotional environment. Fi users often have great depths of feelings that can't be articulated. Fi users can be blind as to the external emotional environment as they run everything through their internal emotions.

Fi and Fe users can be stubborn. Both can strong personal values. Both can fall to peer pressure. Both can be narcisstic.

If a Fi user sees a child away from a group, they often look into how they personally would feel as if they were the child, whether the child is excluded by others or is choosing to be away from the group for personal reasons.

Much of Quenk's chapters on each inferior are on the internet in various places: Google gave me this page, which is a section of each chapter in her book: MBTI: Form of the Inferior Functions

Thanks, for the link too :) I'm going to skim through this.

About Fe vs Fi as you described, internal emotional environment vs external emotional environment. Lately I'm more aware of my internal emotional environment, this is a really nice phrasing for it!, with this whole grip-like thing I'm really really really focused on them though not always directly on them, just on trying to figure out what's going on with them. I'm definitely pretty "blind" to the external emotional environment though not totally but often yeah. I don't mind it, I just don't pay all that much attention to it, sometimes a bit, but usually not. It's just my awareness of internal emotions that really changed and increased in this "grip". The attention on the external emotional environment didn't change and I think it would be pretty bad if it did, it just would feel too unnatural to change my attention about it. I tolerate more attention on internal emotions in this way. But not too much or it will feel really intrusive too.

Grip aside, my default: I do not connect easily to the external emotional environment for sure, but I don't think that in a social environment I always run things through my internal emotions instead. Sometimes I go with what's social and sometimes I go with what I feel like. But it would have to make enough logical sense too ofc. For the example of the child, I can really see what they feel in the situation only if I had the same experience as the child, if I didn't then I can't. But in that case, if they cry really hard then I know they are in pain of course. I wouldn't know more unless they say more. BUT yah, when I have had an experience that I can fit to the situation then I do totally do the mistake of not thinking of how the child may not be having the same experience I had before. This has bitten me in the ass before lol sigh.

So this internal emotional environment. Really good phrasing again, I would say I got really connected to this in this "grip" but it usually doesn't feel very good lol. It's way more overwhelming than just nicely connected. And it's like I really have to run it all through something else first, mostly through logical explanations and just my observations, of my experiences and of some internal mental environment too. The external emotional environment seems like less trouble, as I mostly just don't try to touch it lol. I think I would take it even less well than the internal emotions, so it's best this way. The drama that can go on in the external emotional environment, I better not get involved in that kind of shitstorm lol. I definitely am more comfortable dealing with the emotions inside me though not all that much more comfortable lol. :/

TLDR; I deal with the internal emotional environment better than with the external emotional environment and in this "grip" I got a lot of focus - but mostly indirectly via lots of logic'ing - on the internal emotions and it's like I can't pull the focus away from this and that's both good and bad. lol...

Meowcat

Any ideas? Should I answer some questionnaire, or imaginary scenarios testing Fi/Fe?

I got these descriptions from the funkyMBTI site, I'll underline what I really relate to and do a strikethrough for the parts I really don't relate to, italics means so-so, plus added some comments in brackets to clarify more on those, etc:

Functions:

Extroverted Feeling (Fe): t̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶a̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ Objective ethics, does not favor anyone as higher than anyone else [mostly true, but with people I see as close to myself ofc I will prioritise them higher!!]. Tends to feel what others feel [sometimes *weakly*], d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶a̶t̶h̶y̶. [Very rare, very hard to read into the other person and feel empathy directly that way, not really what I fall back to and it's not a good idea to do this.] General discomfort when others display inappropriate emotions in the wrong context, since the goal is to reach a similar emotional state. [Err I kinda barely pay attention to that most of the time so not really worried about that.] Uses “mirroring” of other people to bond with them. [sometimes *weakly*]

Introverted Feeling (Fi): to judge situations based on a personal system of ethics (formed of how Fi wants to be treated or its beliefs), to pursue self-understanding, and not violate an internal standard of behavior [I feel I'm not always consistent with this but I'm a nazi about consistency, so...]. Tends to judge based on “what I would do.” Subjective ethics, prioritizes a single point of view. [hell yeah] Relates to others through self-referencing, unable to understand or empathize without a personal experience or by putting themselves in someone else’s shoes. Never feels what other people feel, s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶x̶t̶; their emotions are often out of sync with the situation [well if I ACTUALLY get to have emotions of my own then yes they can be out of sync very much, otherwise they don't get in the way of weak mirroring in some cases, but usually, with my default self anyway, I just feel not much, no mirroring much or own emotions much].

And function positions:

Tertiary Fi (IXTJ): I put a lot of time and energy into activities that are important to me. I want those activities to be meaningful in some way—I want to volunteer, learn to teach others, apply my knowledge, or write on important social issues [sometimes]. I have a strong sense of what is good or bad [sometimes and then I get reallly opinionated on good/bad, not my default tho']. I want things to come out right, and will work toward that end. I am loyal to a few causes and people, because my time is valuable so I prioritize. I̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶f̶s̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶h̶e̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ I compare all my decisions against my strong beliefs of right and wrong [sometimes but I prefer not to feel all that much with my decisions beyond a simple sense of, will this be rewarding or will this have negative consequences].

Tertiary Fi hm well yeah I think I'm not good with the authenticity feelz, that'd require feeling too much *and* own those feelings. And I just can't. Otherwise this worked ok, certain causes/people can be a good drive/motivation for spending my time. Incredibly good motivation, too good, even.

Inferior Fi (EXTJ): My beliefs are very strong, but I spend little time thinking about them. Many of them are tied to my feelings, and I’m not comfortable dwelling on my emotions. It’s easier to adopt a simple, straightforward moral code and stick to it without deviation. I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶r̶m̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ I have a tendency to think that my values are right for others [sometimes but then at other times about other convictions I see this as a really weird and unfair approach]. I really want to do something greater than myself, and am fiercely loyal to what I believe in but I would rather donate time, energy, and money than emotional support. It’s hard for me to be loyal to people whose decisions I profoundly disagree with [well, yeah, but for some reason I still get to compulsively try and support some such people, even tho' I'm having a hard time to actually respect them let alone be loyal to them... Otoh my support in these cases is really harsh tough love so idk if anyone else would call it support Lol]. I need to respect you before I can emotionally support you in those times. Slowly, I am learning to be more tolerant and not see the world as black and white.

Inferior Fi, this was very ok lol minus the lack of prioritising. Lack of good decisions, especially lack of decisiveness, now that's a problem with some people lool. I get really harsh in the worst cases. Like I said, tough love af. Thanks.
And I don't even know *WHY* I have the compulsion to err, support those people. When they are just that bad, then it causes just a load of frustration to myself and to them too, lol. Jk, sometimes it helps them but then I just feel I don't get enough out of supporting them and then I move on. It's like I look for some emotional reward with it and so if I don't get it I move on after a while from that person. It gets old being able to "trash" the person... not the emotional reward I really want. If I do get that emotional reward then it's heaven though ... and it's usually the people who are not AS hopeless as some others or at least I try to ignore how hopeless they are lol? Because I get to be made to feel good by them otherwise and they know how to hide their worst moves/thinking/decisions from me perhaps. And I don't get AS harsh with those people, let alone "trash" them, but I'm still very tough with them when I see it as needed.

edit: At my worst ever, I did stop being able to prioritise the causes/people. It felt really "un-rewarding" too to be like that. I got no enjoyment from the interactions even where I usually do get some. I don't understand why I was like that. I hope I never get to waste time like that again. Plus it really backfired on me. Also yeah, more dark shit, if I get into doing all this support thingy a lot, I don't think it ever ended all that well eventually. Especially in that case where I didn't even prioritise. Felt shallow, disconnected and it was not rewarding and was totally pointless eventually but I just didn't stop until it was too much of a disaster eventually. :???: I didn't feel I was being truly myself anymore.

Tertiary Fe (EXTP): I̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ and make friends. I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶m̶o̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶;̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶!̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶f̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ [whoa, alien to me, talking like this neat and smooth or care to try] I like you too. I know how you feel, and I’m sorry this is happening to you. [sometimes I do say this alright, not so hard at times, I get to feel it weakly and, thus, it's not so fake then] Tell me how I can help, so I’m not just sad on your behalf. I feel like I need to take care of you, and be responsible for you. If you mess with someone I love, I will kick your butt; do you hear me? Hey, do you want to talk about how you feel? I can share some stuff about myself, too, if it makes you feel better. [I definitely do have all these motivations *if* it is about a person very important to me but I can't and won't speak of this, let alone this smoothly. Though the "will kick your butt" yeah that works lol] People find me friendly and enthusiastic [sometimes, more often in the past... now it's incredibly hard].

This Tertiary Fe is too smooth and works too well for my abilities lol & I'd feel totally fake trying to say these things. It conflicts with my thinking processes. Sometimes it's ok from others for a short time, well only rarely ok, but even then please don't overdo it, it gets too personal then.

Inferior Fe (IXTP): I want to help you, but I’m not sure what to say to make you feel better. I feel protective of you [I don't *feel* it but my actions do prove this like I said above; I can say "I'll kick your butt, but I do not feel the protectiveness emotionally, uh"], and I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but sometimes I do. I would never admit it in a million years, but I care how you see me and I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶u̶r̶a̶g̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶. The more I respect you, the more hurt I am if you ignore or belittle me. [yup!!!] That being said… I really don’t understand why you’re making such emotional decisions! [sometimes but this kind of thinking like this about other people is usually alien to me; I'm more like I'm like this in behaviour by easily invalidating feelings of people without even trying to, but I do not care to consciously think this about people, it seems unfair to uh, look down on other people's ability like this].

Overall the Inferior Fe seems like really dismissive of people's emotions, and I don't relate to that in this condescending way. I'm more consciously dismissive of my own than other people's lol. I don't find it ok to be like this to other people (and as for my own feelings, I just don't care for most of it). But I get consciously dismissive of other people's too sometimes if it's like too much sensitiveness. Not consciously I do easily invalidate the feelz of people. The encouragement thing made no sense. I'm more like I encourage others with uh, a mix of tough love and optimism sorta lol, I don't need that done to me, I do it to myself I guess. And where I said I don't judge "emotional decisions" consciously like this... I meant that I look more on the pragmatic side and evaluate the decisions that way (like see at Inferior Fi above)... or I just never think consciously that oh these were emotional decisions? What I judge consciously though is the pragmatic ability, not the ability to be stoic when needed.