User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Fe or Fi?

Also, what bothers me really really bad is if there is no consistency in a relationship emotionally. I can't follow it if someone has moods based on which the relationship can be "up" or "down". Just based on their moods, or what...? Because I sure don't change that much. I can be in a worse state but it doesn't mean I'll value the relationship less or put less effort into it. Or forget the good past, the good shared times and experiences together. Or certain shared deeper thoughts/feelings. So I'm like what the fuck? I took really long to understand that some people are different in this way from me. That is what made me less tolerant too actually as per the Inferior Fi or even Inferior Fe in the descriptions, I think I had a bit more tolerance before I went to become more intolerant of some feely stuff and behaviours of some people and trying to relearn.

Another problem of mine is I automatically block all feelings if the linked thoughts are in conflict with my conscious thinking about things, so I think that has to be pretty inferior Feeling ? It'd make me feel really sick if I was to try and think those incompatible thoughts. Then it all comes out as anger or other emotional outburst eventually, especially if I'm in a really bad place like I described earlier above.

Oh, one more thing I thought of related to this. I think I'm really against feeling deeply negative personal feelings about my personal self or even other people, about personal relations. That is where it totally conflicts with my conscious thinking. Those come out in the anger normally and if I'm in a very bad place then in other emotional outbursts too, though not all the time: I usually hide this stuff, I hide anger a lot less. I'm more comfortable in general with feeling intense emotion than with feeling those deep personal negative things. Intense emotion can get embarrassing lol and again I can disagree with it but it's just a tiny bit more comfortable. Even when it's really not comfortable, ha, uh. Intense is just better tolerated than deep. Tho' I do get drained from it

Overall definitely more easily aware of what I feel rather than what others show or feel, but only if I care to look and only if I'm feeling anything at all in a given moment (often I don't). And if I care to look, I am very very against feeling those deep bad things for long or especially against the linked thoughts.

*bump* Any chance? Was this too complicated the way I wrote about it?

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram

Im not quite sure if this helps, but I have an alternative point of view that you dont actually has necessarily that tertiary-what or very specific sequence of cognitive functions although I buy the idea of inferior function (at 7th or 8th position).

You seem slightly Fi over Fe for me, not much difference. Both shows on your text, but Fi shows slightly more on my own opinion and it would be long to do a list. I see you more tuned into your own emotions and you seem to try to figure them out, so thats a slightly preference for Fi over Fe to me. Since I have no idea about your other 6 cognitive functions I cant really tell if Fe is inferior.
    Likes Meowcat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    Im not quite sure if this helps, but I have an alternative point of view that you dont actually has necessarily that tertiary-what or very specific sequence of cognitive functions although I buy the idea of inferior function (at 7th or 8th position).

You seem slightly Fi over Fe for me, not much difference. Both shows on your text, but Fi shows slightly more on my own opinion and it would be long to do a list. I see you more tuned into your own emotions and you seem to try to figure them out, so thats a slightly preference for Fi over Fe to me. Since I have no idea about your other 6 cognitive functions I cant really tell if Fe is inferior.
    Thanks for your input; it all helps. Yeahh I've been spending a lot of time figuring out my own internal emotions and I do tune into those more.

But not really all that well. Because I think I do run from that emotional flow in me, or it doesn't have a chance to flow anyway as I much prefer focusing outside on tasks and doing stuff.

Edit: if I look at my journalling, it's all talking about the following: my own emotions and internals, then people doing stuff and my own emotional reactions in response. A lot of relationship dynamics. A lot. It's all so painstakingly put details. Proper deductive logic a lot, lol. Don't ask how that works. Not well I guess. I've also tried to get more on my own internal emotional dynamics but that's the part where I had to give up on it beyond basics. Seems like the hardest part of it all maybe.

I kind of get out of the "grip" feeling for a while when I decide what I want emotionally and then create concrete action steps* for it.

*: Yes executable steps and I do execute them until or unless something else trips me up after all, emotionally - so you can see it's pretty complex and not my default mode of operation.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Meowcat View Post
    Thanks for your input; it all helps. Yeahh I've been spending a lot of time figuring out my own internal emotions and I do tune into those more.

But not really all that well. Because I think I do run from that emotional flow in me, or it doesn't have a chance to flow anyway as I much prefer focusing outside on tasks and doing stuff.

Edit: if I look at my journalling, it's all talking about the following: my own emotions and internals, then people doing stuff and my own emotional reactions in response. A lot of relationship dynamics. A lot. It's all so painstakingly put details. Proper deductive logic a lot, lol. Don't ask how that works. Not well I guess. I've also tried to get more on my own internal emotional dynamics but that's the part where I had to give up on it beyond basics. Seems like the hardest part of it all maybe.
    The journalling tells it.
    If it only quotes own emotions and internals, then its Fi. The outside on tasks and doing stuff is related to other functions rather (with Fi possibly supporting).
    Likes Meowcat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    The journalling tells it.
    If it only quotes own emotions and internals, then its Fi. The outside on tasks and doing stuff is related to other functions rather (with Fi possibly supporting).
    Yes it discusses people and my relationships with them from the pov of my internal / emotional reactions.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Hi
    Really sorry to hear that you're in a bad place. I have mental health problems myself so I know how hard it can be.
    There's not a lot of detail here so I'm struggling a bit.
    You value warmth and support from people but not extreme emotions? You seem to really dislike dramatic displays of emotion and people being easily offended. This leads me to think you are not a feeling type and are most likely a thinking type.
    I can't see any evidence of extraversion. Would you say you're an introvert.
    Placing so much value of open mindedness and non judgemental attitudes makes me think you are some sort of Ne type.
    What types do you relate to and think you might be? Which ones do you definitely rule out?