• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe or Fi?

Meowcat

Also, what bothers me really really bad is if there is no consistency in a relationship emotionally. I can't follow it if someone has moods based on which the relationship can be "up" or "down". Just based on their moods, or what...? Because I sure don't change that much. I can be in a worse state but it doesn't mean I'll value the relationship less or put less effort into it. Or forget the good past, the good shared times and experiences together. Or certain shared deeper thoughts/feelings. So I'm like what the fuck? I took really long to understand that some people are different in this way from me. That is what made me less tolerant too actually as per the Inferior Fi or even Inferior Fe in the descriptions, I think I had a bit more tolerance before I went to become more intolerant of some feely stuff and behaviours of some people and trying to relearn.

Another problem of mine is I automatically block all feelings if the linked thoughts are in conflict with my conscious thinking about things, so I think that has to be pretty inferior Feeling ? It'd make me feel really sick if I was to try and think those incompatible thoughts. Then it all comes out as anger or other emotional outburst eventually, especially if I'm in a really bad place like I described earlier above.

Oh, one more thing I thought of related to this. I think I'm really against feeling deeply negative personal feelings about my personal self or even other people, about personal relations. That is where it totally conflicts with my conscious thinking. Those come out in the anger normally and if I'm in a very bad place then in other emotional outbursts too, though not all the time: I usually hide this stuff, I hide anger a lot less. I'm more comfortable in general with feeling intense emotion than with feeling those deep personal negative things. Intense emotion can get embarrassing lol and again I can disagree with it but it's just a tiny bit more comfortable. Even when it's really not comfortable, ha, uh. Intense is just better tolerated than deep. Tho' I do get drained from it

Overall definitely more easily aware of what I feel rather than what others show or feel, but only if I care to look and only if I'm feeling anything at all in a given moment (often I don't). And if I care to look, I am very very against feeling those deep bad things for long or especially against the linked thoughts.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Im not quite sure if this helps, but I have an alternative point of view that you dont actually has necessarily that tertiary-what or very specific sequence of cognitive functions although I buy the idea of inferior function (at 7th or 8th position).

You seem slightly Fi over Fe for me, not much difference. Both shows on your text, but Fi shows slightly more on my own opinion and it would be long to do a list. I see you more tuned into your own emotions and you seem to try to figure them out, so thats a slightly preference for Fi over Fe to me. Since I have no idea about your other 6 cognitive functions I cant really tell if Fe is inferior.

Meowcat

Im not quite sure if this helps, but I have an alternative point of view that you dont actually has necessarily that tertiary-what or very specific sequence of cognitive functions although I buy the idea of inferior function (at 7th or 8th position).

You seem slightly Fi over Fe for me, not much difference. Both shows on your text, but Fi shows slightly more on my own opinion and it would be long to do a list. I see you more tuned into your own emotions and you seem to try to figure them out, so thats a slightly preference for Fi over Fe to me. Since I have no idea about your other 6 cognitive functions I cant really tell if Fe is inferior.

Thanks for your input; it all helps. :) Yeahh I've been spending a lot of time figuring out my own internal emotions and I do tune into those more.

But not really all that well. Because I think I do run from that emotional flow in me, or it doesn't have a chance to flow anyway as I much prefer focusing outside on tasks and doing stuff.

Edit: if I look at my journalling, it's all talking about the following: my own emotions and internals, then people doing stuff and my own emotional reactions in response. A lot of relationship dynamics. A lot. It's all so painstakingly put details. Proper deductive logic a lot, lol. Don't ask how that works. Not well I guess. :wink: I've also tried to get more on my own internal emotional dynamics but that's the part where I had to give up on it beyond basics. Seems like the hardest part of it all maybe.

Meowcat

I kind of get out of the "grip" feeling for a while when I decide what I want emotionally and then create concrete action steps* for it.

*: Yes executable steps and I do execute them until or unless something else trips me up after all, emotionally - so you can see it's pretty complex and not my default mode of operation.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Thanks for your input; it all helps. :) Yeahh I've been spending a lot of time figuring out my own internal emotions and I do tune into those more.

But not really all that well. Because I think I do run from that emotional flow in me, or it doesn't have a chance to flow anyway as I much prefer focusing outside on tasks and doing stuff.

Edit: if I look at my journalling, it's all talking about the following: my own emotions and internals, then people doing stuff and my own emotional reactions in response. A lot of relationship dynamics. A lot. It's all so painstakingly put details. Proper deductive logic a lot, lol. Don't ask how that works. Not well I guess. :wink: I've also tried to get more on my own internal emotional dynamics but that's the part where I had to give up on it beyond basics. Seems like the hardest part of it all maybe.

The journalling tells it.
If it only quotes own emotions and internals, then its Fi. The outside on tasks and doing stuff is related to other functions rather (with Fi possibly supporting).

Meowcat

The journalling tells it.
If it only quotes own emotions and internals, then its Fi. The outside on tasks and doing stuff is related to other functions rather (with Fi possibly supporting).

Yes it discusses people and my relationships with them from the pov of my internal / emotional reactions.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi
Really sorry to hear that you're in a bad place. I have mental health problems myself so I know how hard it can be.
There's not a lot of detail here so I'm struggling a bit.
You value warmth and support from people but not extreme emotions? You seem to really dislike dramatic displays of emotion and people being easily offended. This leads me to think you are not a feeling type and are most likely a thinking type.
I can't see any evidence of extraversion. Would you say you're an introvert.
Placing so much value of open mindedness and non judgemental attitudes makes me think you are some sort of Ne type.
What types do you relate to and think you might be? Which ones do you definitely rule out?

Meowcat

Hi
Really sorry to hear that you're in a bad place. I have mental health problems myself so I know how hard it can be.
There's not a lot of detail here so I'm struggling a bit.
You value warmth and support from people but not extreme emotions? You seem to really dislike dramatic displays of emotion and people being easily offended. This leads me to think you are not a feeling type and are most likely a thinking type.
I can't see any evidence of extraversion. Would you say you're an introvert.
Placing so much value of open mindedness and non judgemental attitudes makes me think you are some sort of Ne type.
What types do you relate to and think you might be? Which ones do you definitely rule out?

Sorry I did not see a notification that someone responded to my thread. Hope you see my reply faster than that :)

So, thanks for your input. :cheers: Also thanks for the sympathy. It's def not easy yeah.

I tried to write about details in terms of feely stuff, but it's true I didn't focus on much else and even with those, probably too messed up descriptions lol.

What makes it look like I strongly dislike dramatic displays? I'm not sure what gives you the impression, that's why I'm asking. I actually don't mind if someone gets emotional as long as they are not attacking me with their attitude. But yeah I don't like people getting easily offended lolol.

What also does bother me about emotions though is, if someone talks about their feelings incessantly without wanting to get to a solution and especially if they keep rejecting my suggestions even when they are definitely valid. I get impatient eventually with that... but since I noticed that I try to stay patient and understanding.

I think I'm ambiverted, I could go either way. I'm socially not very extraverted for sure. But I do like to work with real life objects, like to focus outside on tasks. I don't like to go into my head away from the outside tasks and things. But analysing my emotions and my emotional reactions for situations lately is the exception, I've actually come to like doing that. Withdraw and sit or lie down and think of those, that works for me lately. I don't like to sit alone with any other topic it seems.

I'm not sure where I said I'm nonjudgmental? Mind giving me more on how this is your impression? It could be true I guess, I think it depends on the topic.

I'm currently considering ESTJ for what it's worth. Definitely a Thinking type yes, less clearly seeing about whether I have trouble mainly with Fe or Fi. But definitely trouble with some Feeling.

Meowcat

I will add, where I said earlier:

"I̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ and make friends. I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶m̶o̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶;̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶!̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶f̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ [whoa, alien to me, talking like this neat and smooth or care to try]"

I would say it's not as alien as that actually, seemingly I've developed a bit of an ability to do this smoothness. But it easily feels fake, unless I truly see the person as close to me. Either fake or when not fake, overwhelming if I'm not completely comfortable feeling a connection to the person.

Meowcat

I noticed one more thing about myself lately. I was under prolonged stress and I was really not myself: I started becoming paranoid and a worrywart, those are not me by default. Luckily I stabilised since then, I'm okay now.

Would this at all relate to inferior functions?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am guessing Fi + Pe (Se, or Ne- don't know enough to tell, but likely Ne because some of what you write seems Si). Possibly cognitively extroverted; ENFP. There is a high degree of self-reflection and self-referencing that you do- how it makes you feel, how it affects you, how it is relevant and valuable to you, what you think about it; and there is also a touch of self regulation, "This is how I do things. This is my thing. This is the kind of person I am."

There is the above, while seemingly deriving ideas from 'external observation' the way Pe is and even seemingly preferring to do so, "I just like to not change though, I'd like to just be the usual, that is, ready to engage with the world and keep a positive worldview I guess." - you seem to prioritize and value that engaging, being on-the-go and in-touch with your world and reality, instead of slowing down and being more self-reflecting/internalizing the way a cognitive Introvert would be. Here is also where I say that cognitive I/E =/= I/E in the mundane sense.

Here is the MBTI facets that I think gives an idea of the variation between each dichotomy, and as you can see, 'extrovertedness' that has to do with sociability is not the only trait that makes up MBTI Extroversion.
http://personalityplaybook.com/2014/09/21/mbti-step-ii-the-40-facets-of-the-16-types/

The rest is just a vibe, you seem to be a 'quick shooter' in that you enjoy picking things up and rolling with it instead of sitting and overanalyzing and mulling things to the point of stillness. "What I said above. It's not loud though lol it's all inside myself. But it does feel like big so loud in that way until I realise it wasn't that big an insight lol. But this isn't simply me being in the bad place, it's when I'm already trying to come out of the bad place. I get to actually come out of there when I am able to see what concrete action plan works for the issue but that does seem to need my emotional awareness first in these cases. So for that yeah I get to feel like I need to understand these things..." this is possibly Ne-Te. You seem to have this "Okay, that's cool and all, but what can I do about this?" attitude and again, needing to be 'on the go' instead of mulling over things to the point of paralysis that I think would be more indicative of INXP.

"I don't know, I just don't. It's more like I just focus all my thinking on the emotional whatevers inside me and work hard at figuring it out. I don't see it as the logic becoming worse... I just utilise it in a different area than normal."
This is literally subjective/Introverted Feeling. Like Ti, but the F version of it. An internal 'Emotional Structure', like a mirror to the Ti's internal 'Logic Structure'. Your processing seems to be Ne => be on the go, Fi => how is this important to me? Te => now, to execute this according to what Ne+Fi has come up with. I am not quite sure how the health levels work in MBTI, but it may possibly be the manifestation of stress- supposedly you start going down the order of your functions when trying to deal with a difficult situation, so Ne => Fi => Te would make sense for that, and what logic you do engage in and display does seem to be Pe + Te, at least so far.

There is probably more I can pick out, but I have to go. Consider this preliminary- I only have data from this thread, and you are self-admittedly in a bad place.

Meowcat

I am guessing Fi + Pe (Se, or Ne- don't know enough to tell, but likely Ne because some of what you write seems Si). Possibly cognitively extroverted; ENFP.

Thanks a lot for the input :)

I'll say I'm open to hearing about all these letters and functions except that I'm sure of being a Thinking type, and I've been trying to see more on the Feeling functions or how I relate to them in this thread. I guess that's because I was/am so mystified by that process pulling me inside that I talked of a lot in here. I thought it could be explained by cognitive functions yeah or at least get more info on it this way.

I don't mind ofc if you think a Feeling type makes more sense, but I said the above in case it helps with narrowing down options.

There is a high degree of self-reflection and self-referencing that you do- how it makes you feel, how it affects you, how it is relevant and valuable to you, what you think about it; and there is also a touch of self regulation, "This is how I do things. This is my thing. This is the kind of person I am."

Oh, yeah, Ive been at this emotionz and self-discovery stuff for a while.

There is the above, while seemingly deriving ideas from 'external observation' the way Pe is and even seemingly preferring to do so, "I just like to not change though, I'd like to just be the usual, that is, ready to engage with the world and keep a positive worldview I guess." - you seem to prioritize and value that engaging, being on-the-go and in-touch with your world and reality, instead of slowing down and being more self-reflecting/internalizing the way a cognitive Introvert would be. Here is also where I say that cognitive I/E =/= I/E in the mundane sense.

I do like engaging like you said. Self-reflection always drained me until recently or something. I got to like it lately.

I'm not always literally on-the-go, I work sitting at a table during the day and I don't mind that, but I do like to go and take care of tasks like that yeah. Get them sorted as quick as possible, do fun challenges, adventure etc.

Here is the MBTI facets that I think gives an idea of the variation between each dichotomy, and as you can see, 'extrovertedness' that has to do with sociability is not the only trait that makes up MBTI Extroversion.
MBTI(R) Step II: The 40 Facets of the 16 Types – Personality Playbook

Cool link, thanks. Will look at it more. But for now the clearest one is the Thinking facets for me.

The rest is just a vibe, you seem to be a 'quick shooter' in that you enjoy picking things up and rolling with it instead of sitting and overanalyzing and mulling things to the point of stillness. "What I said above. It's not loud though lol it's all inside myself. But it does feel like big so loud in that way until I realise it wasn't that big an insight lol. But this isn't simply me being in the bad place, it's when I'm already trying to come out of the bad place. I get to actually come out of there when I am able to see what concrete action plan works for the issue but that does seem to need my emotional awareness first in these cases. So for that yeah I get to feel like I need to understand these things..." this is possibly Ne-Te. You seem to have this "Okay, that's cool and all, but what can I do about this?" attitude and again, needing to be 'on the go' instead of mulling over things to the point of paralysis that I think would be more indicative of INXP.

Eventually I have the bolded yeah.

Where I said emotional awareness helps: this helps in that I figure out what the doom is about, what dark outcome I am stuck on unconsciously, because when I notice what emotional outcome I'm afraid of or what emotional priority is important, or what I want emotionally, or some other emotional aspect, is when I'm able to even see that I've been in this doom thing or that there is a concrete reality after all that I've forgotten about. And when I see all this is when I'm able to find positive facts and then I know what concrete action steps to take to avoid the bad outcome. Something like this. Sorry it is hard to fully make sense of this problem though. In this doom mode I just lose all my sense of reality really. And for a while I don't even notice I'm getting deeper and deeper in it. But that's because the whole doom thing is pretty new, I did not have it when younger maybe bc I did not have THIS much stress before. That is all I can think of now about it.

"I don't know, I just don't. It's more like I just focus all my thinking on the emotional whatevers inside me and work hard at figuring it out. I don't see it as the logic becoming worse... I just utilise it in a different area than normal."
This is literally subjective/Introverted Feeling. Like Ti, but the F version of it. An internal 'Emotional Structure', like a mirror to the Ti's internal 'Logic Structure'. Your processing seems to be Ne => be on the go, Fi => how is this important to me? Te => now, to execute this according to what Ne+Fi has come up with. I am not quite sure how the health levels work in MBTI, but it may possibly be the manifestation of stress- supposedly you start going down the order of your functions when trying to deal with a difficult situation, so Ne => Fi => Te would make sense for that, and what logic you do engage in and display does seem to be Pe + Te, at least so far.

Speaking of stress and utilising logic in a different area than normal - doing logical deduction on the "emotional whatevers inside me" is the only thing that ensures this emotional exploration isn't stressful.

With stress in general, I just get irritable first, but lately I had so much stress that it would have me see really dark outcomes, doom and paranoia. I'm not a worrywart by default, no way, lol. This was too alien to me. But it was also alien when I became extremely emotional inside like I said in that earlier post you quoted from. I hope I do not have to relive that again tbh. It was too unnatural too like the doom, paranoia and worrywart-ness was. BTW where I said months ago that I can't stop focusing inside on the internal emotions in a way that's unlike me... I've been able to stop being pulled inside like that since then. I got more control by now. I still analyse the hell out of the stuff but it's less intensely needed now. I again hope I'll never feel like I cannot stop focusing inside like that because that was also unnatural even if it was interesting whatever I found inside. It's the feeling of loss of control with this - focusing inside even when I don't want to - that I disliked.

To sum up and to help with clarity:

Normal stress => irritability
Extreme stress => doom going deeper and deeper, sometimes paranoia, worrywart mode (NOT me by default)
Extreme stress and overload squared => internally intense emotions like crazy. Feels even less normal than the doom, paranoia, worry mix. But it can also lead me out of the doom. These emotions, I mean, but then sometimes they are just simply adding to the stress.

There is probably more I can pick out, but I have to go. Consider this preliminary- I only have data from this thread, and you are self-admittedly in a bad place.

Yes, it's slowly getting better though, thank god. :) Looking forward to the rest of your thoughts. :)

Meowcat

I will put things in a separate post too to make it more visible, perhaps relevant to type, functions stack, etc:

How I am under stress

Normal stress => irritability.
Still normal-ish circumstances, but worse than normal stress => tantrums, rage. If it gets worse, I blow up randomly beyond the bit of tantrum (infrequently though).
Extreme stress, not normal-ish anymore, more atypical => doom going deeper and deeper, sometimes paranoia, worrywart mode (TOTALLY NOT me by default).
Extreme stress and overload squared => internally intense emotions like crazy. Feels even less normal than the doom, paranoia, worry mix. But it can also lead me out of the doom. If I get an intense emotion like that, I mean, but then when there are multiple such emotions or the emotion is too random then it's just simply adding to the stress. But this kind of stress happened like only for one shorter period of my life. I don't EVER want to revisit it.

Grip-like experiences i.e. longer prolonged stress

Original or more normal version: I no longer know where my head is, I feel like I'm all over the place in my head and in my way of doing things, while doing my day, I lose details, start to get forgetful, but I still try to keep everything under tight control. And then I seek unconventional solutions too. Worse mode is when I get to totally believe that these work. Wanting magic to work. Nah...

Newer version, under worse prolonged stress: All the above, but I also got pulled inside uncontrollably for the internal & emotional exploration. Plus the doom. But even the doom thing is more controllable than that pull inward was.

(Worst stress reaction of all but probably not type related: disconnecting, a form of dissociating. So let's leave this out of the type analysing.)

Meowcat

I liked the thread Kinesthetic Intuition?.

One big tell is whether or not you have pockets of sensory rigidity/sensitivity. It's difficult to find the right word, but there is a huge difference between strong Se and inferior Si, but it is very familiar to me to spot. People who are Se dom or aux will have a kind of command of sensory experience in the moment that enables them to be very aware, but also very adaptable. I can give a few specific examples like a handyman that used to work on my house who was an ESTP. When I asked the group of people what they wanted on their sandwich for lunch, the tertiary or inferior Si people were extremely specific about their sandwiches because they needed the flavor to exactly match their internal expectation. The Se-dom guy said whatever basically constitutes a sandwich would be great. The Se-dom will be very aware of how the sandwich tastes, but there isn't an internal mapping of what it is supposed to be like, so they can enjoy a dozen different sandwiches with the same level of gusto. Si has more internal mapping and needs the sandwich to match expectations. In this way people with Si will tend to seem more discriminating about sensory details and more sensitive to finding experiences that match expectations which can be driven by familiarity or quality and taste. When Si is tertiary or inferior it will tend to be less consistent, often being absent in the face of obliviousness that results from their abstract, intuitive focus. Someone with strong Ne and low Si might become enthusiastic about the "idea" of some exotic sandwich, and may be able to enjoy it because of internally wanting to like it combined with being somewhat oblivious to how horrible it actually tastes to them. The strong Se person will try out the weird sandwich and enjoy a wider range of possibilities because of having less judgment about what tastes "good" or "bad". Not to say they don't have any, but it is not as detail oriented as Si.

I switch between being particular and being adaptable for some things. I don't eat certain meats and I do some other ones, overall I got less picky with food than as a kid. Not really picky with things otherwise and can make myself adapt to things ok. Especially when I am focused on some task to be done. Or when I just decide to be adaptable. When I said I'm not really picky tho'...I do get particular bc I just fall into that routine thingy but I easily adapt when I need to or I just adapt anyway. I only am truly picky with the meat stuff and even that's less true over time.

Weird sandwich: assuming it's not the meat stuff I dislike, I'd try it out if I like the looks of it or I just feel like it. I'd dislike it if it tasted horrible. There is no way you or any abstract thought can distract me from noticing it tastes horrible, lol... I can like some weird combinations tho'.

Overall I'm good with noticing the details and good with recognising them for the next instance of the same thing, but I don't get attached to some of it. Or I get attached for a while then one day I'm in the mood for change so I drop it and I switch to something else instead. It really is hard for me to think of anything where I was truly attached for longer than a few months or whatever before switching.

Um, ok the one exception from that is the systems I made myself for some things. I mean I keep those for decades even. I don't see the need to change these and don't like the idea of doing so. But if we speak of truly sensory preferences then yeah yeah it automatically changes every few weeks/months/whatever.

Here is a weird little guide (correct me if I'm wrong) to how perceptive functions relate to sandwiches.

Si: These are the specific sauces needed, but they need to be added in specific amounts proportioned 1:3:2, and just a dash of this spice only two shakes of the bottle - one on each side of the sandwich. It needs to be toasted, but only very lightly or the flavor on the turkey will become too smokey. The cheese needs to melt just enough, but never bubble up. It is also important to keep the bread fluffy at all times.

Se: I may try a couple of sauces this time and double meat and cheese. Which type? Any of them will be fine. Whatever you need to use up first.

Ne: I'm curious to try this type of sandwich they make in Outer Mongolia where there are spices that cannot be found any place else in the world. Oh, or I can just create my own sandwich unlike any sandwich ever imagined by a human.

Ni: What is a sandwich? How is it that humans the world over have created breads to hold meats and vegetable to eat. Is there something instinctual in the human mind that keeps recreating the same food concepts in a kind of polygenesis. "What?" "Sure, I'll have some mustard sauce" "Oh, am I holding up the line?"

Edit: I just started a sandwich thread based on this post bc I thought it would be fun.

Si: damn, I'll never waste this much time in the kitchen on a turkey. So staying with sandwiches or other really simple quickly made foods, ... I kinda what I do is, I do the thing once, two times, three times, and by then I'll have some little system of steps coming together that I just automatically repeat. I'm not totally precise with all of the looks/proportions of things etc but I have an instinct for getting it right anyhow and the steps/timings are the same automatically.

Se: I sometimes switch things up like that. If I feel in the mood for it. Not often. Which type of cheese....I'd have several I like to choose from. I would like some of them less, I'd have some favourites. But I could switch to a bit less liked one if I feel like it sometimes or nothing else is left. But I do want to maximise enjoyment so I won't switch from the several favourites/"good enough" options often. Except when I try the new thing sometimes when in the mood to switch things up.

Ne: Ok? If someone else does it? Not me, I have zero patience for bothering with food this much. But I've known people who do have a talent to make exotic food like that and I enjoy the results often - idk if they are Ne people but deffffinitely N types. They look for the new *and* quality and bc they care about QUALITY, I like the results bc they are enjoyable...

Ni: The fuck? Please I'll just shoot you if you want to distract me from the enjoyment like that. Take your ontology bullshit elsewhere. This is really depressive to me trying to find meaning in the smallest simplest things that are just to be enjoyed. Depressive or even psychotic lololol. The sentence "Is there something instinctual in the human mind that keeps recreating the same food concepts in a kind of polygenesis" was abstract enough to not bother me like, it doesn't get in the way of enjoying the actual stuff. So I can listen to such stuff okay. As long as it makes a little sense at least : P (Idk how the polygenesis thingy would make sense : PP but it sounded nice abstract at first lolol, and the rest of the sentence too)

Overall the Se felt a bit too chaotic and unnecessary overkill to always switch things up. Too non-discriminating where it says any type of cheese is fine, again, whatever's to be used up first...what? no. When having to pick and buy it in a shop then yeah maybe. But otherwise I have some favourite cheeses, tho' I otherwise can eat all kinds of cheeses sure. Si felt like overkill too, I don't care to be this particular, but it was normal enough otherwise. Ne was ok for possibly good quality stuff, otherwise can't be bothered to focus on trying to do novel things like that. Ni was half psychotic lol and half interesting abstractness if it's actually sensible logically whatever's being said but yeah very not me again.

I found your sandwich explanation absolutely remarkable. I'm definitely Se in regards to sandwiches (lol). I literally tell my friends to put whatever on a sandwiches, I'll eat it already knowing full well what the options would be. Sometimes I've told people to just "surprise me".
I will say though, one stereo type I concerned myself with, was not coming off as coordinated or "athletic" enough. There are times I day dream or "zone out". But then I remind myself on the teachings of mindfulness and redirect my thoughts to the present moment. I feel its forced, due to spiritual enlightenment, without truly knowing If I'm naturally living in the moment. However, I know for a fact, I wont learn something, unless I'am physically doing it myself.

No way I'd just tell people to just surprise me bc I don't like some meat. There's some other things I don't like for food but I could deal with those more if I force myself to. I could with those types of meat too if I really had to but I want to enjoy what I eat, too.

I don't get the idea of mindfulness. Bc I almost never zone out and I really dislike to. I was under high stress for a while where I noticed I started zoning out and I disliked it. Didn't get pissed over it enough tho to get out of it right there and then. I only gradually came out of that disconnect into the sortof random-ish internal thoughts. Thank god I got out of it for the most part by now.

Ah and a principle of mine is, I don't daydream. ... waste of time, drains me, it's too airy-fairy a thing for me to do. I want to get things in reality, not in a daydream, that'd just annoy and frustrate me that I don't have it in actual tangible reality.

I'm a kinesthetic learner too but this actually means I commit things to memory best by doing. I um, understand things first by some sort of analysis of actions or by learning of explicit written rules/instructions I guess. I memorise those details after organising them enough (has to be organised before I can memorise!!). And then I commit that better to memory by doing, especially repeated doing/practice. That's when I truly feel I've committed it all to memory deeply strongly viscerally so that's a sortof learning too. That's when I get to fully trust my knowledge, really. I trust it before that too but there is just some extra added. I like to call that synergy. That's when my knowledge/understanding gets to start to flow better, less rigid. Tho' initially it can still be rigid if it's a lot of learned rules/instructions of a system. Then it takes awhile to make it not so rigid. But even while it is like that, I still can already utilise the knowledge/understanding pretty fast and okay. It just doesn't give me the synergy I feel I get to have when I changed it to less rigid and more seamlessly one with actions for doing things, tasks, while working for goals. Not literally "one", it's more just synergy really... because I still like to keep the technical details separate in my mind. I love having those on top of the actions/tasks that I do.

Whatever that means.

It can be frustrating dealing with Si for me. my high Si grandmother used to call me a barbarian in the kitchen. I still refuse to believe that it's "normal" to "eat with your eyes" The Se philosophy helped me get through the more frustrating aspects of the military eating experience, because it doesnt have to look or taste like anything in particular as long as it works.

Lol. I sometimes feel a barbarian in the kitchen and elsewhere too but I'm not that bad overall. Maybe a bit of a barbarian for a girl tho'. I just get impatient and use raw force where others would be more careful and detail-oriented. I'm just forceful in general. I can make myself switch to detail-oriented patient but eh. I mean, I do get the feeling sometimes that I want things to look nice and then I try and make myself switch to detail-oriented. Or I get to feel like it's a challenge to make it nice neat so switch then too. Do you relate to any of this at all?

As for the military part...I wasn't in the military but for a dietary regimen I do drop care about enjoyment. If it's the best food for my training and racing (I'm competitive) then I don't care how it tastes. Luckily I haven't had to eat the meat I really dislike, lol. But if it was truly important (in some weird thought experiment here) for my racing, I'd force myself to eat that too. Somehow I'd manage to, I'm sure.

So. I dunno, I dunno, I'm so 50/50 between this impatient forcefulness and between being neat&detail-oriented. .... Is that normal. lol
It really does play out in my life a lot.

Meowcat

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Not sure which type of feeling I focus on in my grips, lol. Definitely a NF grip though. Would like to hear more on that as the most important aspect for me here.

Also: I can adapt to things but I also like to organise stuff. I'm not socially extraverted but I focus on the external world.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

A truly meaningful relationship(s).

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

That, that was a while ago .... : o

I don't know. Achieving hard non-trivial things. Or even a bit risky or things needing organisation and fast enough adaptability too

I still do all this but I don't feel at my finest with them

And what made me feel that way, meeting the nontrivial challenge where others don't, lol.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I avoid feeling inferior, but I never liked dismissiveness, ignoring of me, distancing (silent treatment sortof) and the like. But I'm past that actually, this was more earlier than now.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

When I feel what it is I want* is when I decide + logic to arrange factors & eliminate other options. I don't like to decide purely by pro-cons but it helps organise and eliminate. I don't get to think about other people or feelings beyond my wants unless it's like someone close to me or if it's relevant for some reason.

*: Like. To buy things. Food, what kind of food do I feel like eating, as for price: am I saving currently, or not. Clothes, do they look good enough (prestigious enough too lol), which ones I like the most, do they fit other items I got, my body, do I have anything similar yet, etc... Laptop, specs, design, brand, money, discount available. Flat, which area it is in, is the layout of the flat good, do I have the money for it, how much I can haggle off it, am I gonna renovate it, is it better than the other options overall, did I fall in love with this enough (area+layout+inside of building are the first three factors for that, inside of the flat a lot of other things can be changed later)....

Where to go with friend: if they got ideas we'll sort through them together.

Which person to get to do x thing: can I ask them this thing, do they have the expertise needed, the time needed, can they do it fast enough, what do I need to give them, ....

Long term life decision: um.......I jump in? No seriously I don't have a specific process for this. I am just ready at one point, the time has come, I see what I really want, what's most important and then I jump in. The details will sort themselves out i.e. I sort them when I get there in time.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Get it well done, fast, and yes I like to have control of the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I can't even remember

Not without feeling **** so nvm this one, lol

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Cooking new food: go through the steps, do them and just kinda understand (organise) and absorb and remember.
University material: underline important details, understand what each part of the underlined text is about, create lists for the parts and organise categories for the lists, number the lists and count the elements in the categories and remember these. (All this being done in my head)
Language learning: learn the grammar rules (no lists here, I just find regularities and other logic to understand and remember better) and practice them, meanwhile also learn vocabulary with my own methods & practice all until it becomes natural and fast
Sports training: read how/why the training works and structure based on that, and check how my body responds and learn more about the training that way and develop the training further based on that.
Psychology skills: hard. & Learn the hard way too, lol.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Very organised and very disorganised, two extremes.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

It's hard for me to think anything about a new idea at first. I need more context for it basically. Then I can see if it makes sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Err......neither? Or if it counts my trying to find a balance for my internal emotions and making sure I don't ignore them and take them into account when I make decisions about my life and relationships mainly. Idk if I'd call it being myself though, lol. It's weird to call these emotions my internal compass or anything. They just give me info, they are not my compass directly per se .....

I'd die if I needed to connect to everyone that much as to do the first option.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think when speaking lol. I can't think before speaking but I also can't speak without thinking unless it's some real simple thing to say "do this" "can I have that" "lets go to X".

And I don't like to think while speaking so I don't like to speak long.

Second question, both are okay.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

50/50 for the first. ABSOLUTELY action speaks more....but I need the words too.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Record the show and go out with the friends

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Wrote a lot on that in this thread lol, but. Normal stress has me more irritable. Worse stress has me throw a tantrum or rage. Real bad stress is a lot of vague but terrible doom or I disconnect emotionally.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Coldness, arrogance, passive-aggressiveness, paranoia, dismissiveness

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Rightnow psychology, relationships

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Soft feelz

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Forceful, smart, helpful, a bit selfcentered

I was called shallow once, that was the wrong perception. I was accused by a "friend" of wanting to take advantage of them materially or otherwise (fuck that bull)

They would never say I'm a feely masochist

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Right now it would be rest relax peace

It's hard to answer now questions on what I'd like that's realistic too.

Last edited:

Meowcat

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I said rightnow I like talking about psychology, relationships

By default I like tho' talking about sports training analysis or achievements, things to do, a little bit of what goals I have (NOT too much detail on this though).

Meowcat

Is the last questionnaire I answered any good?
[MENTION=39622]ThisName[/MENTION] :) have you got that other questionnaire?