• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An ESFJ that is new to enneagram and socionics

MBtype

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Hi

I am very familiar with Myers Briggs and my personality type is definitely an ESFJ.

So when I was signing up for Typology Central I took the enneagram and socionics test. My enneagram score was an 8 or a 2 and my socionics result was ESE. I am not familiar with either of these tests. Please could someone guide me and let me know if these results are common given I am an ESFJ? How can I tell if I am an 8 or a 2?

Thanks

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Welcome to the forum :bye: 2 is more common for ESFJs as it matches up with Fe well, being outgoing and taking care of others. That being said, you can have 8 in your tritype, which means you have a heart type, a gut type, and a head/fear type(5, 6, or 7). For choosing between the 2, there's a few things I'd look at. Triads-are you more of a keep positive person or who someone who is more worked up?(positive versus reactive outlook). What do you fear the most? Also, 2s act like 8s under stress so you could be noticing that(becoming more angry and at worst manipulative). At the same time, 8s act 2ish(warm and protective)when they are healthy. Socionics wise, it's kinda like an "upgraded MBTI", so ESE(Ethical Sensory Extrovert) is the most direct correlation. But if you want to double check, you can look at quadras. They are basically groups of types based on valued functions and share similar values.

This is a good enneagram questionnaire btw if you wanna try that: New Questionnaire To Fill Out!

MBtype

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Hi Robobot14 :bye:

Thank you so much for you response in helping me understand this! I would say I can be quite reactive and get worked up. What you have said makes sense though as I think I am a 2 that acts like an 8 under stress where I can definitely become angry - I even sometimes get a stress rash on my neck!

Thank you for sharing the questionnaire. I am going to do that now.