User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Do I seem INFP-ish?

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I was just wondering how I come across, in general. Some people say I can't possibly be an INFP because I'm a devout Christian. But having taken the tests repeatedly just for fun (I find personality theory fascinating) I have always scored INFP. I think it does fit me. I wonder if maybe being on the autism spectrum throws things off a bit. Some people say I seem like an ISTJ, but I don't see how. What do Y'all think?

Here's just one of my Vlogs:

I'm not great at mbti typing, but want to say that you're being a devout Christian would not indicate you aren't an INFP. I don't understand the reasoning there, at all. I'd just ignore whatever else those people suggested to you.

Also, welcome to the forum!
    Likes Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I'm not great at mbti typing, but want to say that you're being a devout Christian would not indicate you aren't an INFP. I don't understand the reasoning there, at all. I'd just ignore whatever else those people suggested to you.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Thank you, I'm glad to be back. While I'm sure it can be, most people say INFP's are spiritual but not really Christian or seeking "truth". I also have extremely traditional values, yet I like to express myself in art and music and stuff like that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

You could be an ISFP, because of music is a sensation type thing. Music can never be perceived intuitively.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    You could be an ISFP, because of music is a sensation type thing. Music can never be perceived intuitively.
    Dude, everyone is moved by music. That's just part of the human experience.

Unless you are talking about creating it. That would make sense in my case I have no idea how anyone creates music. When I meet someone who writes music my mind is just blown away.

I think " But..all the music has been written already. You just...come up with new melodies out of nothing?" Are you some sort of God?
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."
    Likes awbro liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

So, I seem more like a Sensor than Intuitive? I did get ISTP once. I'm not sure. INFP seems to be pretty accurate for me on many levels. My temperament with the 4 types is Melancholic-Choleric- which also is pretty much the same as INFP. But I guess it's because I have very conservative political views I can be mistaken for an ISTJ or something. I did a video on that as well:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Dude, everyone is moved by music. That's just part of the human experience.

Unless you are talking about creating it. That would make sense in my case I have no idea how anyone creates music. When I meet someone who writes music my mind is just blown away.

I think " But..all the music has been written already. You just...come up with new melodies out of nothing?" Are you some sort of God?

It's not really hard to write music. You just have to be inspired. Most songwriters listen to other songwriters and that's how they get ideas for songs. Lyrics are probably the most important, so in many ways, it's like a form of poetry.
    Likes Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

It is interesting that you play music as an INFP. I watched your video, you are an Fi in jungian type. I am not sure your perceptive functions.
    The differences I notice between ISFP and INFP is the first tend to be practical, artistic, musical, the latter can be theoretical, and poetical, love literature.
    ISFP theoretically, tend to be very artistic since a kid and they are highly likely develop to a professional artist as an adult.
    ISFP can be so instructive because their Fi primary is paired with extroverted sensation, Si-Te in INFP will be nonnaturally giving instructions. Normally Si-Te behavior should not be followed up by taking actions.
    I love music also. Do you like instrumental composition? like this

MBTI
    INFP

It is interesting that you play music as an INFP. I watched your video, you are an Fi in jungian type. I am not sure your perceptive functions.
    The differences I notice between ISFP and INFP is the first tend to be practical, artistic, musical, the latter can be theoretical, and poetical, love literature.
    ISFP theoretically, tend to be very artistic since a kid and they are highly likely develop to a professional artist as an adult.
    ISFP can be so instructive because their Fi primary is paired with extroverted sensation, Si-Te in INFP will be nonnaturally giving instructions. Normally Si-Te behavior should not be followed up by taking actions.
    I love music also. Do you like instrumental composition? like this
    It was enjoyable. I actually prefer vocals over instrumentals, because I'm a songwriter. Lyrics are very important to me. The instruments are the icing. But I do like some Classical music and guitar. I am mainly in Alt Country/Folk type music
    Some of the only music I don't really like is the Rap/Hip Hop, but mainly because people seem to play it at loud volume and I can't relate.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I used to play a Toy keyboard a song composed by a local composer. I used to play without vocalizing the lyrics. For instrumental music, I am a fan of Vanessa Mae, Bond, Yanni, Sung Ha Jung, Kitaro.
    I am not a fan of Korean Pop and mostly music performed with choreography.

MBTI
    INFP

I used to play a Toy keyboard a song composed by a local composer. I used to play without vocalizing the lyrics. For instrumental music, I am a fan of Vanessa Mae, Bond, Yanni, Sung Ha Jung, Kitaro.
    I am not a fan of Korean Pop and mostly music performed with choreography.
    I do like Classical music. But when music doesn't have lyrics, in general, it seems lacking for me. I enjoy piano pieces, though. Also when music doesn't have words, it's hard to tell the name of the piece so you can find it on a record. There isn't any frame of reference.