• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do I seem INFP-ish?

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I was just wondering how I come across, in general. Some people say I can't possibly be an INFP because I'm a devout Christian. But having taken the tests repeatedly just for fun (I find personality theory fascinating) I have always scored INFP. I think it does fit me. I wonder if maybe being on the autism spectrum throws things off a bit. Some people say I seem like an ISTJ, but I don't see how. What do Y'all think?

Here's just one of my Vlogs:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not great at mbti typing, but want to say that you're being a devout Christian would not indicate you aren't an INFP. I don't understand the reasoning there, at all. I'd just ignore whatever else those people suggested to you.

Also, welcome to the forum! :bye:

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not great at mbti typing, but want to say that you're being a devout Christian would not indicate you aren't an INFP. I don't understand the reasoning there, at all. I'd just ignore whatever else those people suggested to you.

Also, welcome to the forum! :bye:

Thank you, I'm glad to be back. While I'm sure it can be, most people say INFP's are spiritual but not really Christian or seeking "truth". I also have extremely traditional values, yet I like to express myself in art and music and stuff like that.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
You could be an ISFP, because of music is a sensation type thing. Music can never be perceived intuitively.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You could be an ISFP, because of music is a sensation type thing. Music can never be perceived intuitively.

Dude, everyone is moved by music. That's just part of the human experience.

Unless you are talking about creating it. That would make sense in my case I have no idea how anyone creates music. When I meet someone who writes music my mind is just blown away.

I think " But..all the music has been written already. You just...come up with new melodies out of nothing?" Are you some sort of God?

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP

So, I seem more like a Sensor than Intuitive? I did get ISTP once. I'm not sure. INFP seems to be pretty accurate for me on many levels. My temperament with the 4 types is Melancholic-Choleric- which also is pretty much the same as INFP. But I guess it's because I have very conservative political views I can be mistaken for an ISTJ or something. I did a video on that as well:

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, everyone is moved by music. That's just part of the human experience.

Unless you are talking about creating it. That would make sense in my case I have no idea how anyone creates music. When I meet someone who writes music my mind is just blown away.

I think " But..all the music has been written already. You just...come up with new melodies out of nothing?" Are you some sort of God?

It's not really hard to write music. You just have to be inspired. Most songwriters listen to other songwriters and that's how they get ideas for songs. Lyrics are probably the most important, so in many ways, it's like a form of poetry.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
It is interesting that you play music as an INFP. I watched your video, you are an Fi in jungian type. I am not sure your perceptive functions.
The differences I notice between ISFP and INFP is the first tend to be practical, artistic, musical, the latter can be theoretical, and poetical, love literature.
ISFP theoretically, tend to be very artistic since a kid and they are highly likely develop to a professional artist as an adult.
ISFP can be so instructive because their Fi primary is paired with extroverted sensation, Si-Te in INFP will be nonnaturally giving instructions. Normally Si-Te behavior should not be followed up by taking actions.
I love music also. Do you like instrumental composition? like this

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
It is interesting that you play music as an INFP. I watched your video, you are an Fi in jungian type. I am not sure your perceptive functions.
The differences I notice between ISFP and INFP is the first tend to be practical, artistic, musical, the latter can be theoretical, and poetical, love literature.
ISFP theoretically, tend to be very artistic since a kid and they are highly likely develop to a professional artist as an adult.
ISFP can be so instructive because their Fi primary is paired with extroverted sensation, Si-Te in INFP will be nonnaturally giving instructions. Normally Si-Te behavior should not be followed up by taking actions.
I love music also. Do you like instrumental composition? like this

It was enjoyable. I actually prefer vocals over instrumentals, because I'm a songwriter. Lyrics are very important to me. The instruments are the icing. But I do like some Classical music and guitar. I am mainly in Alt Country/Folk type music
Some of the only music I don't really like is the Rap/Hip Hop, but mainly because people seem to play it at loud volume and I can't relate.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I used to play a Toy keyboard a song composed by a local composer. I used to play without vocalizing the lyrics. For instrumental music, I am a fan of Vanessa Mae, Bond, Yanni, Sung Ha Jung, Kitaro.
I am not a fan of Korean Pop and mostly music performed with choreography.

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to play a Toy keyboard a song composed by a local composer. I used to play without vocalizing the lyrics. For instrumental music, I am a fan of Vanessa Mae, Bond, Yanni, Sung Ha Jung, Kitaro.
I am not a fan of Korean Pop and mostly music performed with choreography.

I do like Classical music. But when music doesn't have lyrics, in general, it seems lacking for me. I enjoy piano pieces, though. Also when music doesn't have words, it's hard to tell the name of the piece so you can find it on a record. There isn't any frame of reference.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
This whole thread is crap. This is not what typology is.

First of all, you are going to need to unlearn everything you've "learned" about types. Strip it back to bare bones and start over. Don't ask people on a forum what your type is. Humans always think they know more than they know. And while it's true that it can be beneficial to have external input on how others perceive you, that is not the same thing as having others type you. It's good to get external input to help you see your ego in action, but outside of blind spots, it's not really helpful most of the time (because how extraordinarily intelligent is the average person?).

Do a Google search of the founders/leaders in Enneagram, go to Amazon, and buy their books. Get at least three; one by Naranjo, one by Riso/Hudson, and one other that speaks to you. Read, think, read some more, observe, think, read again, rinse and repeat.

Sorry... I'm just so sick of the garbage people teach and wish I would have been balanced enough to see it when I started with this stuff because it was a waste of my time and efforts.

Good luck, sincerely.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Peter Deadpan said:
Do a Google search of the founders/leaders in Enneagram, go to Amazon, and buy their books. Get at least three; one by Naranjo, one by Riso/Hudson, and one other that speaks to you. Read, think, read some more, observe, think, read again, rinse and repeat.
This is a good suggestion and That what exactly what I have been doing even before joining this forum only with different authors in Jungian psychology.

Lol no. I don't think you understand what intuition is.

Neither do you.

Btw, if you want to discuss more about intuition, we should not discuss in this thread, which would be off topic. This thread is about attempting to type.

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
This whole thread is crap. This is not what typology is.

First of all, you are going to need to unlearn everything you've "learned" about types. Strip it back to bare bones and start over. Don't ask people on a forum what your type is. Humans always think they know more than they know. And while it's true that it can be beneficial to have external input on how others perceive you, that is not the same thing as having others type you. It's good to get external input to help you see your ego in action, but outside of blind spots, it's not really helpful most of the time (because how extraordinarily intelligent is the average person?).

Sorry... I'm just so sick of the garbage people teach and wish I would have been balanced enough to see it when I started with this stuff because it was a waste of my time and efforts.

Good luck, sincerely.

Thanks for your feedback! I have looked into the Ennegram, and frankly, it doesn't really match up with what I believe in truth. It's just a re-hashing of different theories. I think all of these personality tests have some truth in them, but they are just rough guides. No one is 100% anything. Frankly, the Meyers Briggs is the tried and true and that's why it has been around for over 70 years. It is more accurate to me because it also aligns with the 4 basic temperaments- which derive from the ancient Greeks. When I do that one, I am a Melancholy-Choleric- and that fits well with INFP. I see a lot of Biblical principles in this as well. Thanks, though.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thanks for your feedback! I have looked into the Ennegram, and frankly, it doesn't really match up with what I believe in truth. It's just a re-hashing of different theories. I think all of these personality tests have some truth in them, but they are just rough guides. No one is 100% anything. Frankly, the Meyers Briggs is the tried and true and that's why it has been around for over 70 years. It is more accurate to me because it also aligns with the 4 basic temperaments- which derive from the ancient Greeks. When I do that one, I am a Melancholy-Choleric- and that fits well with INFP. I see a lot of Biblical principles in this as well. Thanks, though.

I respect your right to hold different beliefs and preferences than I, but I must correct you in that the Enneagram is not a "rehashing of different theories". Furthermore, it's roots predate the MBTI by... well... a shit ton. The Enneagram is a very complex yet somehow beautifully simplistic mathematical mapping of ego structures which is not only connected to observable patterns in association with sacred geometry, but also fairly well backed up by patterns of diagnosable neuroses.

Popular definitions of Jungian types (and functions for that matter, to some extent) will forever be flawed as long as the MBTI remains the benchmark for assessing type, because self-typing will always be prey to the whims of the ego whose job is to convince you that you are who you think you are.

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

- Philip Trussell

The Enneagram explains the why of who we are, not the what of how we are (MB types). I find the former infinitely more interesting and useful.

Also, it should go without saying that no one is 100% anything. Relying upon a system to define in entirety a One of 8 billion is perceptively primitive, at best.