• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So I’m new here. I’m curious what your impression of me is.

Ravenn

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So I already have an idea of what my mbti type and enneagram numbers are. But I’m curious what people’s impressions of me are. It’d be a fair way to introduce myself, not to mention open up somewhat to deal with my shyness around this forum. I’ve had a fair share of toxic online discussion communities, so I’m a little cautious.

*Personal concepts*
1. What is beauty? What is love?
I’ve found things beautiful before but I can’t really pinpoint what about those beautiful things made me found them beautiul. I don’t really get my emotions sometimes. Though it is a pleasant feeling to have though. Love? Hmm. . . Love is the desire for the betterment of someone else or a group in the long term even with their flaws. This is why the “unconditional love” kind of biz they throw around abusive relationships is not love, because all it cares about is what makes everything better for themselves or the other person in the short term.

2. What are your most important values?
I guess it is truth and honesty. Not the false type of the pursuit for truth where you say you’re logical, but really you’re just overly cynical, because if you think about it, logic means looking at both sides of the situation, whether the optimistic or pessimistic side. I also value patience, because I believe in taking the time to explain all the reasons on why I believe in certain things than to insult someone, which does not actually inform them, and is often seen as logical when the root of the motivation is from the irrational lack of control over anger. I also value a sense of humor, because it encourages creativity, and it makes other people notice less that I’m pissed when I’m debating with them.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I believe in a God, but not in any organized religion really. I have gained this belief after studying theistic philosophers like Aquinas, Augustine and Kant. Not to mention compiled a large list of scientific experiments on the paranormal, which yes, when fact checking how vague they are are mostly bull, but a few seem pretty sound when you fact check it, study the pros and cons of the experiments, as well as studying their arguments with a memorized list of cognitive biases and logical fallacies. I also made sure to triple check the philosophies and arguments of all major religions, as well as major atheist thinkers, and when debating with atheists (if they want to debate and without force, which is not unusual for the people I hang around with) if they don’t seem to chime with Christian arguments for God, I start playing devil’s advocate for the next religion on the list. To make it simple, just call me a pantheist.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

My opinion on war is that on an emotional stand point, it’s obviously immoral to initate it. But it also irks me from a logical stand point, not that I see violence as good or anything, that how much I’ve studied completely random cultures while surfing for hours on the internet, that so much good can be done by working together with contrasting cultures with different strengths and weakness for the service of an individual country’s selfish interests.

What is power? Power is influence. It doesn’t have to come from money, status or titles. Influence without status is what creates revolutions, you see.

*Interests*
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I’ve had long conversations about a lot of things before, with close people to me, people in the middle and completely random strangers on places like public transport on a regular basis. But these days my long conversations have to do with making really deep improv jokes on societal issues.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes, I am really. I do know some biology, and I’ve learned a lot watching random TED videos on medicine, as I have done by exploring about every tag on TED talks. Much of the research is fueled by my fear of dying early due to an illness, which somehow terrifies me more than dying with something exciting happening like falling of a cliff climbing a mountain. It just. . . to die with having less energy to just. . . do things. . . that’s terrifying. I’m physically strong, but I do have really bad aim consistently throughout my life. I’m better off not playing dodgeball.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

If I distract myself with listening to podcasts on headphones, I can do them without realizing how long it took me to finish them.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I can’t seem to pick anything in particular. I like too many films and books already.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

What fills me with tears is my habit of watching random emotional musicals on Youtube — that stuff man, deep. What makes me smile is the mountain of ironic inside jokes I make with myself on a regular basis.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

I’m not sure exactly. I guess I try to find a sense of belonging by talking with people with similar interests, but something is missing. I can talk in front of a lot of people or with people close to me, and I’d still feel lonely. I don’t know why. But it’s distressing.

*Evaluation & Behaviour*
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

My weaknesses? Hmm, well, I’m not the best at focusing. Also I seem forgetful of random everyday facts I’m supposed to keep track off. Talking too deeply about feelings is uncomfortable, which is probably why I avoided the question about books and films I liked. I’m not the best listener with emotions. I’ve managed to practice listening well enough for people close to me, but beyond that, I panic. Also, my distress around my sense of belonging can make me err. . . a bit awkward. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not shy when it comes to about every topic other than personal emotions, but with that, I’ll panic.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Strengths?

Hmm, I prefer my actions speak for themselves. To find the truth, you need humility, right? Anyway, I think the rest of the answers on my questionaire would point to them already. But what other people say? Well, I have a fair number of people who ask me advice on being able to tell whether people are lying or not in relationships. Not to mention being able to tell almost immediately if someone is trying to scam them. Ultimately at all, being able to tell when people are lying to themselves. I mean, you won’t see me doing any of the sappy emotional advice, but people seem to appreciate this ability.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

I would appreciate if people could point out to me when I’m supposed to be doing something instead of procrastinating or when I’m stressed and I don’t notice what I’m feeling.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Stuck? Well, usually people don’t give me good advice because I’ve probably brainstormed multiple methods and researched several ideas on how to solve something. So I don’t recommend people to give me advice because 99% of the time, I know it already. The problem is I don’t actually find it in me to apply and actually do the advice, or repeat them to master something. I guess my way of dealing with it is just trying to get me to do something, anything, even small tasks, even if I can’t find it in me to finish them.

*People & Interactions*

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I dislike hypocrisy, when people say one thing about themselves and say another. Somehow I tend to even respect, though not always like, villains in shows that are at least honest about being a villain to the protagonists. I also just like it about others when their words and actions match. It’s refreshing.

16. . How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Honestly, I’d like someone who, other than being a good person, can keep up with my fast paced lifestyle of random projects going on all the time. I don’t want to be with someone who just never tries something new. I can’t live with that. I have someone, now, yes, but my shyness around emotions will not allow me to discuss that now.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I’d probably study all the random information on parenting research to make decisions about it if you ask me.

19. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

I’m fine with it as long as they don’t force me to believe them. I’m fine with an open discussion if they want, but what irks me is when people assume things about a topic or even my character on the intentions I have for my beliefs, rather than just asking a question admitting their ignorance or respectfully pointing out my ignorance to learn more. I’m not always right, but I hate it when people just try to change my mind through emotional insults rather than actual reasoning. I guess I just try to take a deep breath and answer back as calmly as possible. Then just walk away if I can.

20. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole?

What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

People? I don’t really see society as something in particular. I dislike making sweeping generalizations. Each culture, group and individual is different. One prevalent social problem? I guess it’s disrespect for different religions beliefs if you ask me. From researching the philosophy of each, you don’t really require to believe in all the miracles around it to learn their lessons on life. I’m sure Jesus’s teachings on forgiveness and love would be still great whether he actually rose from the dead or not. Understanding the philosophy from multiple cultures is fascinating, and Asian, Middle Eastern and African philosophy tends to be ignored too much in intellectual circles around me._

21. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don’t really seem to choose my friends. My face relaxed is the opposite of the resting bitch face, and friends seem to approach me to choose me. I guess I’d describe my resting face as pleasantly sleeply and lazy, with a few laughs from the inside jojes. If there is anyone being terrible in particular who chose to stay with me, I would leave them then.

22. How do you behave around strangers?

Very casually, I guess. I’m a little shy and awkward at first, but I warm up eventually.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I am retired from typing from text, but, nobody answered you, which sucks, so I came here just to not leave you answered.
I have my own sets of standard from MBTI, alternative stuff that needs to be released but they are still in formation (I am still forming my own idea of MBTI, its complicated), so you will find some strange conceptions of mine and Im sorry, but I wont explain them. Ask me a year later that I might have topics posted about them, ah/oh, Ill use some stats that you dont find anywhere because they come from my private stats that are going to be released in months, I think. And Im not quite sure what you meant "whats your impression of me", I mean, you want me to do what, say you are cool or that you are a bad or, I dont know? So Im just going to type you instead...So, sorry for the big bla bla bla, lets get started.

Dichotomy
N - I see you being a abstractal most from the text and not mention concrete or down to earth stuff
T - The way you describe loves already "gives" you :)
P - Perceveing in MBTI is maybe just the absent of Judgement, I already noted that most descriptions of perceveing are this way. So, way better than just looking for procrastination, I looked for schedules, one-visions, fixed plans, etc... And I saw none of them on your text.
I-E - I dont see a heavy extraversion but neither introversion. You dont seem recluded like an INTP intelectual demi-monk (its a stereotyped but INTP alongs with INFPs score highest on introversioon) or a lot talkative and people guy like a very sociable funny ENTP (popular extroverted type among INs) (I know you said you are funny but you even mentioned had introverted jokes, I sometimes have them either). But I know that the range for NTP types in extroversion is extremely variable,it can range to very high introverted monk INTP to very sociable ENTP and some people fall in the middle, you seem in the middle to me.

Cognitive functions
Ne - I see it spread in your text boldly
Ti - I see it sometimes, mainly comes from your knowledge seeking.
Se - I see it on your glorious death on an amazing epic natural disaster, that would look soo amazing when filmed! Along with Si on your attention to your own health, but I think that your attention to health comes not from Si, but from Se, because of this death type and maybe you seem to want a good fit body.
Fi - I see it on authencity part. Average ENTPs in stats does not have a distinguish preference for Fi or Fe, while INTPs does have a preference for Fi over Fe. In you I distinguish a mildly Fi, but, the mainly difference in a introverted intuitive and extroverted intuitive, except for INFP/ENFP that is just low, is a difference in use in Se.
Ni, Fe, Te, Si - yours functions that I cant identify.

Here it is my guess of your cognitive function order (my chances to get it right is 1 in 40320, actually 20160 because I inserted one equal sign, so I might had made a mistake):
Ne>Ti>Te>Se=Fi>Ni>Fe>Si

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Judging from my first impression after reading everyhing.. you seem to be quite open-minded and you highly value logic, while you also seem to be uncomfortable with emotional situations around others. However, with regards to my last point, I was kinda surprised about your habit of watching emotional musicals... you actively seek out those experiences, even though you're putting a lot of effort into hiding it. You also talked a lot about religions, values and authencity. With that in mind, let's look at a tentative type:

I/E: For typing purpose, you seem like a slight introvert, even though ambiversion being a better fit.
N/S: I guess it is N, you're a big picture thinker and you aim for a complete, significant overlook instead of diving into details.
T/F: While you express yourself as a T, I see a fair chance of you being a feeler as well. I say 60/40, since you're quite uncomfortable with stereotypical feeling things.
J/P: definetely P. I guess it is quite obvious here.

So my uneducated guess (I still can't type myself) is INTP, you probably won't fit the stereotype much but I guess it's an approximation that may work. Possible alternatives would be ENTP and INFP. About enneagram, I first thought it is a type 5, but I get a feeling that it is actually type 9. Being patient, somewhat conflict-avoidant, humble can be interpreted as a type 9 tendency, however type 5 may also fit.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really type people, but you seem cool.

2. What are your most important values?
I guess it is truth and honesty. Not the false type of the pursuit for truth where you say you’re logical, but really you’re just overly cynical, because if you think about it, logic means looking at both sides of the situation, whether the optimistic or pessimistic side.

I dislike when people pretend that they're being rational, but really they're just being really negative. I hate it when people take on this sort of jaded attitude towards everything just because they think it makes them intelligent.

rvabread22

MBTI Type
INFP
It's hard to say from just text. I need to see a video maybe of your expression . But based on your views and the way you internalize, I'm leaning towards that you're an IN type person. Not sure if what the other expressions might be. Perhaps an INTP or INTJ.