• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or ISFP

Animefan1990

Hi I was wondering if y'all could help me find out what my type is, here are some things about me.

As you can see from my username I like anime.
My favorite anime genre is shounen, slice of life and comedy (two of my favourite anime are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and One Piece).
I sometimes search to see the animes I watched have a connection to each other like for instance I find it hilarious that Soma and Takumi from Food Wars have the same voice actors as Inosuke and Tanjirou from Kimetsu no Yaiba.
I like classic rock.
I'm not athletic.
I'm overweight.
I'm laidback.
I sometimes mumble random words when I'm alone.
I like animals and I feel sad when they get hurt whether it'd be real or fiction.
I tend to over think.
I sometimes worry about the future.
I sometimes have flashbacks of painful memories.
I'm bipolar.
I have bad anxiety.
I can be creative (even though I suck at it).
I can be a bit chatty.
I cry easily.
I believe in ghost.
I believe in karma and superstitions.
I like to help other people if I can.
I can be shy when it comes to meeting new people

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
d261cd7c816205ae793bc088189b6b8e.jpg

Can someone help me explain why this web said I was ISFP with Fi > Si > Te = Ti = Ne = Ni > Se > Fe?????? I think that is golden percentage of a INFP with a little bit Fi-Si loop or I misunderstand something? Thanks in advance.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=40959]KylinZhang[/MENTION] yeah those results look like INFP with low Ne, rather than ISFP.

(It could also fit ISTJ)

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] I don't like use Ne so it's quite low, but I am sure I am F :blush:

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I am willing to think about celeb, facfic, historical or novel's characters. I imagine the relationship and causality between people/events and pretend I know. I don't have any convince proof, but who cares, I just guess some hypothesis based on something I know before. As long as everything I guess does not relate to me.

I don't want to think about my future, it looks like trash. How much will I earn. When will I get married. I don't know and I don't like to think about them.

Also, I don't want to think about what other people think about me. I always feel like they hates me. In fact, I really don't know they hate me or not (I don't know that I don't know their feeling is because either my Ne or my Se or other function does not work well). I just guess and become moody. Why they do not reply me? Why they are very kind and friendly at the first time, and then become cool after? Do I make something wrong? Why do I need to give a **** about this? So, don't think too much.

One ENFP told me Ne users were the one who was usually the most sensitive and easily became moody cuz of everything happenning around her. I used to be a little bit sensimental (when I was very young), I am not sensitive at any time in my life (never know other people's feeling regardless they tell me); however, I am often oversensitive when my relationship with someone become bad.

I guess that I use Ne as much as Si and much more than Te; however my Ne is not really healthy, so I have a lot of assumptions and dreams about imaginal world, not about my real life and people around me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hmm what's wrong with the imaginary?
Also, i can see from the above post that you are an INFP.
When you guess about things, when you list different items, Ne is at play.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
d261cd7c816205ae793bc088189b6b8e.jpg
Can someone help me explain why this web said I was ISFP with Fi > Si > Te = Ti = Ne = Ni > Se > Fe?????? I think that is golden percentage of a INFP with a little bit Fi-Si loop or I misunderstand something? Thanks in advance.
It primarily uses dichotomies vs functions. For you, Se+ Si > Ne + Ni

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I don't know dichotomies vs functions, I am so sorry. Is my Si too high for an ISFP? I do this test twice, I forgot the result of Te/Ti/Ne/Ni but in two tests, Se and Fe are always ranked 7th and 8th; Fi Si are always domt. One said I am ISTJ, one said I am ISFP. But I think I am still an INFP.
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] I think too. I wrote what I had in brain at that moment=))). No any logic or coherence. Maybe that's one of the reason why I rarely has high mark in my literature lesson :unsure:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I don't know dichotomies vs functions, I am so sorry. Is my Si too high for an ISFP? I do this test twice, I forgot the result of Te/Ti/Ne/Ni but in two tests, Se and Fe are always ranked 7th and 8th; Fi Si are always domt. One said I am ISTJ, one said I am ISFP. But I think I am still an INFP.

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] I think too. I wrote what I had in brain at that moment=))). No any logic or coherence. Maybe that's one of the reason why I rarely has high mark in my literature lesson :unsure:

Dichotomies are S vs N, E vs I, T vs F and J vs P. The test actually asks questions around the functions but it is a secondary consideration in calculating results. Your results are cut off in the screen capture above, so I can't see the numbers but it looks like your Si is very high for an ISFP which makes me curious as to whether you might be an ISFJ. I would take a look at the Wiki descriptions and videos - probably INFP, ISFP and ISFJ and see if one appears to fit better than the other. The other thing you might want to do is take the MBTI Step 2 test referenced on the home page.

If you have the link for screen capture so I can see the whole thing, it would be helpful.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] It's my result
b33d710ab269a4ead3b8db2406f8bb28.jpg

Wow, so you got zero for Ni, Ne, Ti, Te - so you're neutral on those. Strong preference for Introverted Feeling and strong aversion to Extraverted Feeling. It's a bit of an unusual result. I'm noting that you had some reaction positive or negative on sensing. I'd go with ISFP. Definitely not ISFJ. This is a good example of why I don't think Function Attitudes are easy to test for and why I ended up changing the test to what it is now. It started out evaluating Kiersey temperament first and then functions second. The Kiersey part really didn't work at all and making decisions based on specific ordering of function preferences didn't work that well either. The accuracy numbers for the test seem to be pretty decent at this point.

There is a whole question on whether the rigid order people are supposed to use these cognitive functions works all the time and I'm not convinced it is so precise as the theory says it should be.

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
@highlander I has an EQ test two or three years ago, and the result is 5. I saw comment below, everyone have more than 100. I guess because I chose answers which ignore and avoid conflict and conflict's resolution. However I really didn't know the test's answer can be 5 until I saw my result, unusual too :blush:. Why "Strong preference for Introverted Feeling and strong aversion to Extraverted Feeling." is unusual? And why you don't think I am INFP?
p/s: Neutral on Ni Ne Ti Te means I use both of them at the same level or just I dont't have any ideas about them?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP is supposed to be introverted feeling > extroverted intuition. I guess anything's possible but you seem pretty neutral on intuition. Its just a guess. Best thing as I said is to look at the type descriptions and with time you determine what fits better. A lot of people on the internet seem to think there is something wrong with preferring sensing so I see bias towards people identifying themselves as preferring intuition. My normal instinct when anyone has the question of ISFP or INFP is that they are an ISFP or they wouldn't be asking the question to begin with. .

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
@highlander I has an EQ test two or three years ago, and the result is 5. I saw comment below, everyone have more than 100. I guess because I chose answers which ignore and avoid conflict and conflict's resolution. However I really didn't know the test's answer can be 5 until I saw my result, unusual too :blush:. Why "Strong preference for Introverted Feeling and strong aversion to Extraverted Feeling." is unusual? And why you don't think I am INFP?
p/s: Neutral on Ni Ne Ti Te means I use both of them at the same level or just I dont't have any ideas about them?

I like analyzing and typing people by making these results. It would help having a IPIP NEO (Big Five with facets) (like this: Personality Assessor | IPIP-120 Personality Test) result to see if you have more clear patterns on Big Five.

I swim against the current in a way that I am have views that goes completely against what the community usually calls "The Stack". I dont think you are broken or the test is broken because your test results does not align with what the community understands how a INFP or ISFP looks like and how people explain some deviations by the "loops", which pretty much is saying that you are broken because of your test results. Even [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] seems to partially hold this by prioritizing dichotomy.

However, even in the open mind your result is indeed curious (and difficult to understand). I can get Fi>>Fe because I am like that either and that indeed hold a meaning, but having Fi>Si>(everything else)>Se>Fe is indeed very unusual, it does hold meaning. The reasoning is way long, but Fi-Si is an 'alternative' pair for ISFP and Si-Fi is for ISFJ (and not INFP/ISTJ loops).

KylinZhang

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

@Vendrah That's my test's result. Btw, why ISFJ does not come with Si Fe? [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I don't like myself INFP but I don't want to be ISFP cuz of too low Se, that's so bad.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

@Vendrah That's my test's result. Btw, why ISFJ does not come with Si Fe? [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I don't like myself INFP but I don't want to be ISFP cuz of too low Se, that's so bad.

The major problem, as even [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] pointed before in another thread, is that Carl Jung (where MBTI and cognitive functions comes from) have sometimes a relatively confusing writing. Jung made clear that the pair of a judging function (J functions on Jung are Fi,Fe,Te and Ti) pairs with a perceiving function (P functions on Jung are Ne,Ni,Se,Si). However, he never made clear if the auxiliary function of an Introvert function is another introvert function or an extrovert one. Some people does the case through they are opposites, which is the popular vision on community, and some others gets the alternative one. I am fond of the widest one: It can be both, which is the literal interpretation. That means that a pair for Si can be either Fe,Fi,Te or Ti. So, ISFJ can be either Si-Fi or Si-Fe. Its not that I reject Si-Fe for ISFJ, but rather that I do read Si-Fi as ISFJ as well.

I had a look and pretty much ISFP for me. A ISFP that looks like a ISTP in the eye of others (low Fe means low emotion and perhaps feeling expression, which makes you appear as a Thinker to others).
Conscientiousness is related to Judging, you got low or mid scores. Even in some facets that were out of Conscientiousness but does somewhat relate perceiving, although in one or two you seemed like a J (that is ok, it is not that unusual to have a reverse preference or being a P with one or two J traits).
Openness to Experience is related to intuition, and you score on the sensor zone in general, although not on imagination.
The score for Introvert is clear.
The Feeling vs Thinking is more or less unclear because Big Five doesnt help much (Agreeableness is only weakly connected to feeling), but if you lead with Fi over Ti (since ISXP is clear), which makes you ISFP. Fi-Si ISFP instead of a Fi-Se one, but others might see you as ISTP because Fe is low and emotion/feeling expression is low as well.

The back of the functions are not that much reliable, specially here if we were to mirror Se-Fe that would make you Ti-Ni that is pretty much INTP. INTP goes completely against the Big Five results, which is unsurprising because typing using the cognitive functions on the back doesnt usually works well (the inferior function might be useful sometimes for deciding one or another dichotomy, though).

However, you seem highly neurotic. The image were cut, but neuroticism is imminently higher than 70. This makes you go to what the community calls "shadow mode", and that makes pretty much J/P and T/F to doubt. There is not much you can do about it unless find a way to reduce neuroticism and that comes at a very hard, or, sometimes, it is environment related. So, for the moment, you are more like a Fi-Si ISFP, Fi-dom, Si-aux, but on long-term, you might be more like on a ISFP Fi-Si mode due to neuroticism rather than actually being Fi-Si ISFP (so, no auxiliary Se). The high Fi, high Si, low Se, low Fe unusual pattern might be caused by high Neuroticism. Ah, it is useful for you to monitor your results over time. Because I had hypothesized that Fi-Si might be a ISFP/INFP in transition to ISTJ, but that transition is supposed to be so slow that it should take years.

Enneagram is another story, but using the Big Five results, type 6 is the best match, 4 is ok but not that good match (due to Openness to Experience). Disregarding Neuroticism/Emotional Stability, type 9 is a good match.

enneagramandbig5.jpg