• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type me pls. feat stickied questionaire

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

25, somewhere in central Europe. No known impairments, no special beliefs.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

All 4 IN types. I get all of them frequently when doing online tests, T/f is basically split evenly. I generally get P in dichotomy-centric tests, while function ones generally point towards Ni over Ne (=J). I somewhat relate to all of them to some extent but each type has something that isn't me at all.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

To learn and to understand the world around me, and, if possible, have some positive impact on a few people at least.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Probably greed. Destroying other people's life just for a tiny improvement on your own one.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

Usually people wo are different from others. Quick thinkers, people with unusual ideas, or people you make me laugh :)

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Usually people quite similar to the ones I described in a), but also people who seek me out of practical purposes. I'm one of the better students at my university, so people often try to get help from me and often act unusually friendly or welcoming.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

The 2nd type mentioned in b) People who are fake, who are just establishing relationships for their own personal advantage, while actually giving nothing in return, who are not interested in a friendship and only act in this way.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

People who are athletic. I always sucked at doing sports. Also I admire extroverts for their ability to instantly become friends with almost anyone.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

Usually problematic but also a strong motivator and a clear indicator of something going terribly wrong. Useful when released in a constructive manner.

b) Shame

An indicator for personal mistakes. Dwelling in shame isn't helpful at all, it's just paralyzing, but it can be somewhat hard to overcome it.

c) Fear

Something is struggle with. It has it's use in preventing dumb decisions, but it can also paralyze me for no good reason at all, and it takes some time to overcome it.

d) Love/passion

At my age, I sadly never experienced love :( So no input on this one. Above passion, it's something that makes me enthusiastic, creative and focused, but I also tend to completely obsess over a single passion at a time, so it's somewhat positive but also has it's downsides.

e) Conflict

Uncomfortable but sometimes necessary. Openly admitting a conflict, speaking it out and resolving it can often be a better way than just shying away from conflict and not discussing differences.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I guess beside my lifelong quest for understanding, there is also the central theme of belonging. In all my years, I always had some friends, but I never felt like I have really found my tribe.I wonder whether there are people similar to me, and also wondered what makes me unable to connect to most people and what makes me different from other people, which led me into MBTI in the first place. Unfortunately, this theme even continues in the typology system :(

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I study physics. I like to learn about things, and physics can answer at least some of the fundamental questions of this world. Also, I can perfectly imagine myself to work as some scientist later, as it could allow me to avoid the corporate world. Also, there is the small chance of discovering something important that could improve humanity, there are still enough unsolved problems out there, a solution to one of these could change a lot.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

I can't describe the exact criteria. I just try to interact with them and trust my guts to see whether I get along with the person or not.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

While global conflicts and climate change is definetely a thing, I'm more worried about big data and interest-based content. I feel like some of those big companies are trying to actively manipulate humans to become brainless consuming zombies, just to maximize their own profits. Corporate greed and infinite economical growth on a planet with limited resources can be seen as problematic, and I don't understand how our system is sustainable in the long term. Climate change and conflicts around the globe probably result from this.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Reading and learning new things. If something interests me, I can completely obsess over something. Beside that, I like to challenge myself in my daily work and at evening in some competitive video games.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

It's usually just a gethering with some drinks in a small group. I don't have too many friends to begin with, so it's mostly all about conversations about random topics.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

BOth is important, but if I have to chose, it would be words. Words can inspire people to do actions, so well written words can cause many people to do something.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

That's a hard one. Immortality is certainly interesting, it would allow me to do things I coudn't do in a normal life, however it could also mean endless torture. All of them are bad, but I guess i go with b).

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I wouldn't want to become someone who exploits other people just for his own personal interests. Someone who's fake, manipulative and just interesting in himself. In other words: A fucking narcicist.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I think I already talked about obsession above. I like to exchange my own views on something with others, and this urge becomes stronger if I'm truly enthusiastic about something, but I also take care that the other person is actually interested in that topic, otherwise I'll simply not mention it at all. I'm somewhat guarded about my interests.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I like having a basic degree of organization. Knowing when I have to do something allows me to adjust to it, but I also try to allow some spare time to be used for whatever I want to do at that time. I always have a basic plan but the exact implementation can easily change once I get a better idea.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

I'm confortable when I don't have to hide something. A place where I can be just the way I am, usually it is the solitude of my home, but it can also be with some company, if these people know me well enough to not get upset over things I do or say. So I achieve comfort by either retreating to a quit plac or surrounding myself with people I can fully trust.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I notice some feelings which is extroverted like comfortable, guard, worry, so I identify you have the extroverted feeling as one of psychological functions in the judging side. In the perceptive paired function, it seems that , you have the Ni (introverted intuition) as the perceptive functions.
I recommend this thread to read about Ni. post #3. It is in Jung Own Words. I disagree with post #6.
https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/myers-briggs-and-jungian-cognitive-functions/86075-carl-jung-describes-ni-post2720207.html?86075=#post2720207
I have questions for you.
Have you ever in your life been sought by others for asking some advice/counselling?
Are you spiritual/religious?
Are you artistic?
Have you ever practicing some martial arts?
What do you do in your spare time?
You study physics. How do you feel about it? Do you like it?

I somewhat relate to all of them to some extent but each type has something that isn't me at all
Try reading MBTI: ENFJ and ask question Is the descriptions somewhat like you?
You are also a motivator. You are most probably an ENFJ in the MBTI
Btw,
You have an interesting political view
While global conflicts and climate change is definetely a thing, I'm more worried about big data and interest-based content. I feel like some of those big companies are trying to actively manipulate humans to become brainless consuming zombies, just to maximize their own profits. Corporate greed and infinite economical growth on a planet with limited resources can be seen as problematic, and I don't understand how our system is sustainable in the long term. Climate change and conflicts around the globe probably result from this.
It is interesting to note you feel that the company is greedy. Once I used to work for company. I had a strange feeling also, that I feel like I only live for eating like a soulless zombie. I remember that I used to play Resident Evil, in the end, The Racoon City has to be bombed by Airforce. That could be happening when human has lost its soul live only for food. If you had politically powerful position, what would you do to the company?

Explanation of cognitive functions usually found on the net tends to be stereotypical and vague about what they try to explain, like what functions do what. They do not explain what feelings feeling functions can get conscious of, what natural aptitude each functions possess. Some may not be satisfied with it including me. I haven't completely developed some of my understanding of extroverted feelings. It is far from finished. But, if you are interested, you can read the extroverted feeling. It is developed for extroverted feeling-introverted sensing, which behaviorally tends to be action oriented. But, When it is paired with Introverted intuition, it will not be action oriented.

https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/myers-briggs-and-jungian-cognitive-functions/101783-fe-vs-fi-discussion-8.html#post3147510
You may notice that some have different understanding of extroverted feeling. But you can still read their posting.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you ever in your life been sought by others for asking some advice/counselling?

Yes it happens, but usually about fixing technical stuff or helping other students with their homework.

Are you spiritual/religious?

No. I think religion has some value, as it can give comfort and it has some ideas about things we can't know for sure, but I don't follow any religion.

Are you artistic?

No. Had terrible art grades at school and never tried to get actually good at artistic things. Sometimes I would like to start something, but I get demotivated by my missing talent.

Have you ever practicing some martial arts?

Beside some basic self-defense, no.

What do you do in your spare time?

Introspection, reading, visiting some places, a bit of sports, some videogames.

You study physics. How do you feel about it? Do you like it?

Generally enjoyable, I feel there is so much to learn about it, and it challenges the way we see our world frequently. The math and some aspects of theoretical physics can be annoying at times, but it's absolutely necessary to understand the ideas.

It is interesting to note you feel that the company is greedy. Once I used to work for company. I had a strange feeling also, that I feel like I only live for eating like a soulless zombie. I remember that I used to play Resident Evil, in the end, The Racoon City has to be bombed by Airforce. That could be happening when human has lost its soul live only for food. If you had politically powerful position, what would you do to the company?

Sure it feels like the big companies are greeedy, but I'm not sure whether there actually is the 1 company or 1 person to point to. I guess it's our economic system. We expect growth, every year, every decade, and every time that doesn't happen, people lose their job and their whole existence is threatened. Beside that, all the data gathering and targeted advertisement is a subtle manipulation of costumers, and the worst thing is, most people give them all their data without even thinking about it. No amount of protection laws will fix this.

Some words about your type suggestion: Never thought much about extroverted types, I always thought I'm a clear introvert. However the type description of ENFJ was somewhat fitting, surprisingly. If Exxx type is correct, then there has to be some kind of influence that causes me to appear and behave like an introvert, but that doesn't mean that I wnat to exclude the possibility.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I just came here to see if you were answered, you already know my answer (and I no longer do text typing).

Just came here to say, (edit: ops, I mean to post) that I share most of your political view. I used to refuse to give my data or even avoiding buying stuff or services that forced me to share data I didnt wanted to. When i was younger, I used to even fake data about me, but you cant do that on an adult. But I had reached a point where I had to gave up. Because these days if you refuse to give useless data (like your address that they never use) you cant do anything anymore, even if you open exception for the governemnt (these days google has more info on me and you then all the goverments in the world combined unless these goverments are buying google data in secret which wouldnt be a surprise to me).

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Coming back to that one because for some reason I can't let that stupid self-typing thing go, despite being aware that it actually isn't important at all. Anyway, I reflect a bit on what I know and if you think that I miss something, let me know. I'll try to structure the whole thing.

1. Test results (I took quite a lot of self-tests over the last ~1,5 years:

First test ever taken: INTJ
most frequent results: INFP, INTP, INFJ (in that order)
other relatively frequent results: ENTP, INTJ, ENFJ, ISTP
results of a few type-me posts [typolocycentral, personalitycafe, reddit]: INTP, INFJ, ENFJ, ISTP

2. Review of dichotomies:

E/I: I assume a slight to moderate preference for introversion. In terms of sociability, I tend to be somewhat average, never really got called quiet or a loner, even though I often feel somewhat lonely and wish I had more friends. At the same time I prefer to get things done by myself and prefer solitude when working, studying or pracicing and also like to go to places just by myself. Another definition of I/E that is frequently mentioned is the whole "energy" thing, regarding that one I seem to experience both sides: I get drained by too much social contact (like after 3-4 hours), but also while at home - holidays and free time can be a real struggle, and I get bored quite quickly.

S/N: most tests show a huge preference for N over S. I sometimes consider sensing preference but I consider it highly unlikely.

T/F: That one was always difficult. In most tests the T options is heartless and the F option just stupid. I seem to be outwardly T, I get rarely involved in someone's emotional issues or get feedback about being empathetic or sensitive. Most of the time, I get asked to solve some technical issue or to help someone with their math homework, and I tend to be quite good at logical reasoning. With my online presence in communities like this one, it seems to be reversed - much more focus on feeling aspects. Maybe I'm more comfortable with opening up within the anonymity of the internet or the environment I'm in isn't favorable for showing any sign of vulnerability.

J/P: Similar to I/E, there are some conflicting/opposing views on J/P dichotomy. To name a few: Orderliness, scheduling, adaptation/planning, but also open-ended vs need for closure. To make things short: I'm quite messy, but try to make it at least bearable for other people and tend to tidy up if I expect someone to visit me. I like having things scheduled if it's important (like meeting someone, a deadline to hand something in etc.), otherwise I like to have some room to change things. I like having a rough plan but often rather adapt to the situation at hand. And about the last point I mentioned, just read the first line of this post... I need closure, want things to be done and finished. Interesting, unrelated detail: There's a difference in J/P scores on tests depending whether it is in English or German (my first language): I tend to score higher in J in the german test than in English ones. I have no idea why.

3. Cognitive functions:

I'm not convinced at all about validity and reliability of function theory, but for the sake of getting a complete picture, I include it this time. I took the Nardi test often enough to notice some trends in the results, although it isn't completely reliable at all. To make it short:

Always good/excellent use: Ni, Fi
average to good use: Ne, Fe, Ti
limited to good use: Te, Se
limited use: Si

Regarding function theory, I mainly used the guide from mbti-notes, as it features some clear definitions and examples of how a function works in each slot. Afte researching that one, I may be able to narrow down functions. Very unlikely to have Te, Si, Se or Fi (contrary to Nardi test) as dominant or auxiliary function. Most likely seems Ni or Fe, based on these descriptions. High Ni always shows up in anything function-related, medium to high Ti (likely 2nd or 3rd, unlikely dominant) as well, the difficult ones, in terms of figuring out the usage and strength, are Fe and Ne. With Ne, these seems to be some kind of on/off switch to eat. I'm either full of ideas and eager to explore new random things, or I don't have access to any of it and just feel stuck. Ne scores on Nardi's test are quite volatile, and can range from average to excellent use. Fe is difficult for other reasons, I seem to care a lot about social problems, harmony, like helping others and tend to be good at solving conflicts, but don't seem to be able to use it for my own cause, and tend to be quite insecure in social situation - both don't necessarilly point towards high Fe. In total, it doesn't add up to any of the 16 well-known function stacks. And that's just another reason for me to distrust function theory, as I'm reluctant to see myself as some weird-ass anomaly that fails the system (even if it explains the issue).

4. Enneagram:

Like with functions, I'm not sold about the usefulness of enneagram, but for the sake of giving more info about it: Most likely type is 5w4, but again, not sure about it. Type 4 seems unlikely, because I don't value individuality and especially don't like to express it (which seems to be a core feature of 4's). 5 is probably the closest, other times I tend to get good scores for are 2 and 7.

That's a quick overview about my typing struggles. I tried to convince myself that type isn't important, and the rational thinking side of myself still beliefs that one, and that I need to find my own way instead of putting myself into one of 16 predefined boxes... and I still keep coming back. I hate that part of myself that wants to solve meaningless problems with stupid methods, and maybe I'm just bored and go back to MBTI sites for that reason. I know better, but don't accept that knowledge for whatever reason.