• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs. INFP

Fernando Perla

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello, people. I have a doubt. I don't know if I'm an ENFP or an INFP. Maybe, I could be an ambivert mix, but I don't know if that's compatible with the cognitive functions system. Thank you very much.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
There is the concept of ambiversion where you are neither. And there are some controversy on the subject of cognitive function stacking. You can read more about ambiversion (as I state it) and the controversy on the subject of cognitive function stacking in the post #13 and beyond on the same topic:

Ambiversion

You can also note that today (although I think I am planning to change later) I am in the same situation as yours. By cognitive functions system (Grant Function Stack) an ENFP is leaded by Ne and INFP is leaded by Fi. If these first two functions are seem to be equal, the decision goes to the third function, which is Te for ENFP and Si for INFP. So, if Te>Si its ENFP or if Si>Te its INFP. However, thats inside Grant Function Stack. My own opinion that has been changing lately states that, if you are in doubt, you are likely just ambiverted.