• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Type-Me

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
So...Enneagram. When I look at Enneagram, I must admit I know even less about Enneagram than I do about MBTI. I find it hard to get into as well, though I've more or less looked at the core fears and narrowed it down to 7w6, 6w5, and 5 in general. I feel like I have a bit of these three in me, so here's where you guys and hopefully this questionnaire comes in. Any help would be appreciated.

1) Context:
I have Asperger's. It's probably going to affect some of my answers, but in general it leads me to relate to people in weird ways, and generally need some kind of routine.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
I'm considering 7w6, 6w5, and 5. I know it's a weird combination, but from the outset I settled on 7 and 5 because I feel more of a mind type rather than the gut type. Of course, I don't want to exclude the possibility of being 6, since I do dally with religion and have some issues with regards to 6 core type issues. Obviously, I think I have 7 and 5 type issues as well. I tend to score as 5 on tests, and according to personality attributes (strong introversion) I'm probably a 5 of some sort. Unsure of the wing. On top of 5sx, I relate to 7sx as well, but I'm unsure about 6.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
I wish I knew, but on an emotional level, I think I have to write a magnum opus of some sort. The problem of course would be in publication and getting critics' approval, which wouldn't be easy since I have no connections whatsoever. But that's also assuming that there's purpose from a higher level, either karma or God's will, and while religion compels me to believe in God's will, I'm not really dedicated to the idea that strongly - if it is, then let it be so. If not, I'll live. I'm more of an existentialist monotheist when it comes to philosophical and spiritual beliefs.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Pride. It's always pride. Like I have this feeling of inherent worth and that it can't be shunted away, so i tend to try and act according to my principles rather than let people trample over me. On second thought, that's healthy - people who like to abuse others just tend to want people to throw away their inherent worth.
I'll go with gluttony/sloth most, and pride the least. Because I feel like I always want more indulgence, when I really shouldn't. And pride - I'm just not a proud person beyond that healthy amount.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I don't know enough about Enneagram to categorise the people I am drawn to in its terms. I'm usually drawn to very small subset of people, and even if I feel the draw I don't act on it. I do feel drawn to people with a certain something, which is hard to put into words. They've often got some core of substance within them that I see - usually also a code of morals and/or a strong sense of who they are. But that alone isn't enough; they're usually intellectually inclined on some aspect, but not overly so that they forget the world and what their values mean to the world.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
It's hard to pin down, but I have had a string of INXJs so far, and one ENFP.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
...Uhhh.... I hate to say this, but generally speaking, I don't like it when people are just going with the flow and have no plans whatsoever. I dislike rootless and mindless people, while I acknowledge that they probably have a different sort of intelligence, it just doesn't gel with me, and I suspect those types don't want me around, either.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I admire INXJs for advanced Ni in that they're amazing at cutting through the bullshit and seeing multiple sides at the same time - this lets them make decisions, especially morally, easily. Though their conclusions may be different from mine. I can't really manipulate people as well as Ni types can.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
It's a source of sin for me. I don't like or want to be angry, but there's enough occurrences where I've felt wronged in my life that I do feel a close resonance with anger.

b) Shame
Shame is the outcome of others' judgment. I don't like it obviously, and I try to feel none unless it's justified. But prolong the judgment for too long and I'll lose the sense of shame - because it's a learning process, once the learning part is over, there's little point in beating a dead horse.

c) Fear
Fear... That's what enneagram is about. I'm afraid of losing my loved ones, and I've had a period where I tried to repress this fear by repressing love. No more shall that happen.

d) Love/passion
Passion and love are my weaknesses, and they run counter to rationality. I tend to value love/passion over rationality.

e) Conflict
Conflict is in my experience something that occurs even with loved ones. The closer you get to someone, the more conflicts there are, unless there's a special something where you just get along really easily. I personally think the best conflict resolution is to live and let live. Don't tread on others even when there's conflict.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I've stopped drinking alcohol, but I was using it to cope with fear, conflict and stress at some point. There's not much else right now.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I chose history, because it was the path available most easily for me. If there's an alternative, I would have done English literature, and am looking to it as some kind of ideal, if possible. But it's not likely, so the next best path would be working with literature under the pretext of examining historical discourse.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Usually I have an impression of someone from the content they produce online. Offline - it's far more difficult to actually meet new people, because I don't tend to do smalltalk very well, and it's the foundation of every conversation IRL.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Humanity as a whole is very self-contradictory -- on one hand, the human race seems to have all these qualities of goodness, and on another, they're also of basest instincts and desires. I'm not a huge fan of it - while I'd like to improve it, I think it's beyond my scope of capability. One of the biggest problem simply is of survival, with climate change, desertification, lack of good distribution of scarce resources - these are the biggest problems, and I know our current economic system cannot resolve it on its own. Something has to give, but first humanity must be able to examine itself for all the worst tendencies it has under our current system. You can't do that without greatly curtailing the power of money, so it's systemic.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Uh. From the looks of it, navel gazing, typology, reading manga, playing video games, looking for music that I like, going to church.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I more or less don't initiate interactions unless I'm certain it's welcome, which is pretty much never. When it happens, it's one-on-one, and the activity is usually decided by the other person - usually having a meal together.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions speak louder than words. Words without action makes a hypocrite.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
To be immortal. It'd at the very least satisfy my curiousity on what happens next. I don't want to do without taste because food can be really delicious. Losing my memories would mean losing some idea of why I love the ones I do. Being poor sucks, I don't want to be poor for the rest of my life. Passion is important to life. So immortality it is.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Avoid having no imagination, a party animal who forgets his own misery by interacting with others - that sort of thing.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I tend to have my own interests. I don't want to "merge" with others and can't - if it's something I'm not interested in, I simply am not.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Organized and messy :p
I need plans in order to function. I do have my impulses, but it's predictable and nothing too surprising.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort can be found in an ice cream cone, and in an afternoon nap. It's little luxuries like that that make life decent.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
What is the most repetitive problem in your life, interpersonally? And what is the most common criticism/complaint you've had from romantic partners?

Unless those are too personal to answer, in which case, I understand.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
What is the most repetitive problem in your life, interpersonally? And what is the most common criticism/complaint you've had from romantic partners?

Unless those are too personal to answer, in which case, I understand.

Uhhhh the most repetitive problem in my life interpersonally is that I find it difficult to make connections even when I want to, and usually I stand out like a sore thumb in a group setting, leading to gossip and other things about me.

As for the second question -- I don't know about the complaints, usually it just ends up bitter in different ways. I'd say that maybe I'm a bit too reserved emotionally. Though with a couple of exes it was about me potentially cheating.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
You're a little tricky, or maybe I just haven't pieced it together yet. I'll let you know if it clicks. Of all the types you listed, I could see 6w7 the most at this point. I think being on the autism spectrum may be what you are mistaking for 5, but I do not see that as a possibility as you are not avaricious or nihilistic enough, and you do want to move toward others even if you may not be good at it. I don't necessarily feel like 7 is a good fit for you either.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. For gut, 1. For heart, I would guess 3, but I don't have a firm read. And then for head, 5 or 6. I could see 5, but 6 seems likely too. I think if you were 5sx, you would likely want merging with one extremely special other. I wonder if you might be sp/sx. I don't get a good read on your instincts from the questionnaire.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that this questionnaire doesn't really get to the meat of things.

It usually gives me a good read. I have a more difficult time when 6 and 3 are involved.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Hmm. For gut, 1. For heart, I would guess 3, but I don't have a firm read. And then for head, 5 or 6. I could see 5, but 6 seems likely too. I think if you were 5sx, you would likely want merging with one extremely special other. I wonder if you might be sp/sx. I don't get a good read on your instincts from the questionnaire.

I know it doesn't come across in the questionnaire - usually because I tend to tone myself down. I'm basically only talking to one person on the regular because it's way too much effort for me otherwise. That's why I usually look for sx first, though I did consider sp/sx.

Thank you and [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] for your help!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you make a collage of images that appeal to you to help with instinct typing?