User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: type my kid

Default type my kid

Are there any good questionnaires for parents to fill out to help type their kids? I'd like help typing mine, I'm just not sure where to begin. I was going to list some personality traits, but as I was doing that, it occurred to me that they seemed like traits common to most kids, i.e. highly imaginative and highly inquisitive, likes designing stuff with legos, etc. Most kids seem to be imaginative and inquisitive up to a certain age, and who doesn't enjoy legos? He talked from a very young age and was reading books as soon as he could start reading--he was reading Harry Potter and Tolkien while most of his classmates were still on Jack and Jane type of books. He's very good at academics but sometimes he needs help managing his time and organizing. Even in his gifted class, he often outpaces his classmates. I realize these are less personality traits I'm mentioning than they are signs of intelligence. He's good at analogizing, so I suspect strong Ne. He's as bad as me at remembering things like where he left his shoes, etc. He's a little more outgoing and socially fearless than I was at that age. Although when I think back, I was pretty outgoing early on, then retreated into myself more when it occurred to me that other kids didn't always appreciate my nature. I hope he doesn't retreat into his shell the way I did. When playing with other kids, he likes to take charge, or will at least try to take charge. However he is also open to following others or adapting his play style to other kids' whims and imaginations--all depends on who he's playing with. He was fiercely independent and wanted to try and do things himself from an early age; he would (and still does) get frustrated if he couldn't/can't do something himself and he doesn't like having to ask for help or cede control. He seems to take pride in being considered weird and nerdy by his peers. When other kids try to tease or taunt him, he either brushes it off or turns it into a compliment, like McCoy insulting Spock, and Spock replying, "thank you, doctor." He has mentioned wanting to be a writer. He's shown good art skills. Apparently, he's got decent music skills, as he was able to replicate some video game themes on a keyboard despite no music training. His style of humor is goofy and he seems to have a decent wit and ability for verbal puns and such; he likes watching MST3K with me. He's sensitive to others' moods at times. Little girls like him but he seems somewhat oblivious to their adoration. Some of them tease him, but I think it's because they like him. Kids are weird.

I think he might be ENxP

Oh, and no pictures will be provided for "visual identification", you sick pedos.
    “Some people underestimate how erotic it is to be understood.” -Mary Rakow
    “In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.” -CG Jung
    “I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn human actions, but to understand them.” -Baruch Spinoza
    Likes awbro, Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's his age range?
    He kind of reminds me of when I was a kid, but usually, typing at a very young age is uneffective at least until late adolescence. That's mostly because the auxiliary and the tertiary are often undifferentiated, as they're still not developed.
    But I think he is on the Ne-Si axis, so xNxP. ENP most probably, since the unknown functions would be the aux and tert, but I wouldn't rule off INP.
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w8 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Methylene View Post
    What's his age range?
    He kind of reminds me of when I was a kid, but usually, typing at a very young age is uneffective at least until late adolescence. That's mostly because the auxiliary and the tertiary are often undifferentiated, as they're still not developed.
    But I think he is on the Ne-Si axis, so xNxP. ENP most probably, since the unknown functions would be the aux and tert, but I wouldn't rule off INP.
    “I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn human actions, but to understand them.” -Baruch Spinoza

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Sounds a little bit like my daughter. She's 9 years old and ENFP, maybe an ennea-type 2. She's a bit of a handful at times. Shocker.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Sounds a little bit like my daughter. She's 9 years old and ENFP, maybe an ennea-type 2. She's a bit of a handful at times. Shocker.
    I don't think people realize what a challenge it can be raising a gifted or very bright child. I'm not saying it's as difficult as raising a child with a learning disability or something severe like Down Syndrome, but it still comes with a lot of hurdles and challenges. It's especially frustrating if you bring it up around other adults and they act like you're humblebragging with sarcastic responses like "oh I'm sure it's sooo hard having a really smart kid." Other parents of gifted and very bright kids tend to understand though. Yes, he's a handful a lot of the time. There are unique special needs that come with having gifted kids.

I wonder if there's a strong correlation between intuition and giftedness in children.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I don't think people realize what a challenge it can be raising a gifted or very bright child. I'm not saying it's as difficult as raising a child with a learning disability or something severe like Down Syndrome, but it still comes with a lot of hurdles and challenges. It's especially frustrating if you bring it up around other adults and they act like you're humblebragging with sarcastic responses like "oh I'm sure it's sooo hard having a really smart kid." Other parents of gifted and very bright kids tend to understand though. Yes, he's a handful a lot of the time. There are unique special needs that come with having gifted kids.

I wonder if there's a strong correlation between intuition and giftedness in children.
    I am not sure about your last point, but I do think that ADHD could be indicative of Pe in the top two preferred functions.

I have ADHD and secondary Ne, my ex-husband has ADHD and is ENTP. My son might be INTP, and both my kids have bordered on "needing help" with behavior/focus, etc, and we are talking over long stretches of time. I've never medicated them though.

My brother also has ADHD, and I think he's ESTP. My mom did too, and she was ENFP. My sister doesn't seem to, and she seems ISFJ.

I've noticed similar patterns outside of my family as well.

"ADHD" might just be (primarily) synonymous with Pe. As real as it is, maybe it's not always so real after all...
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Your son sounds a lot like mine, albeit he's not considered 'weird' since he's socially adept and easily makes friends. The difference is that my son's a natural leader, in that others appoint him as leader where he'll reluctantly become a leader if necessary. An example of this is that when he was in high school, during lunch breaks, the boys would play either soccer or football so they would appoint captains. He was always chosen even by older boys, where he would demur some of the time and agree to captain other times. He's an ENTP.

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Your son sounds a lot like mine, albeit he's not considered 'weird' since he's socially adept and easily makes friends. The difference is that my son's a natural leader, in that others appoint him as leader where he'll reluctantly become a leader if necessary. An example of this is that when he was in high school, during lunch breaks, the boys would play either soccer or football so they would appoint captains. He was always chosen even by older boys, where he would demur some of the time and agree to captain other times. He's an ENTP.
    We live in the south. The bar for what’s considered weird is pretty low here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I am not sure about your last point, but I do think that ADHD could be indicative of Pe in the top two preferred functions.

I have ADHD and secondary Ne, my ex-husband has ADHD and is ENTP. My son might be INTP, and both my kids have bordered on "needing help" with behavior/focus, etc, and we are talking over long stretches of time. I've never medicated them though.

My brother also has ADHD, and I think he's ESTP. My mom did too, and she was ENFP. My sister doesn't seem to, and she seems ISFJ.

I've noticed similar patterns outside of my family as well.

"ADHD" might just be (primarily) synonymous with Pe. As real as it is, maybe it's not always so real after all...
    My sister and I were both diagnosed ADHD and are both perceivers. My mother is probably a perceiver and says she’d have been diagnosed ADHD if that had been a thing when she was a kid.

I hadn’t considered a correlation between Pe and ADHD.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

My son, brother and an ex are ENTPs. My husband's an INTP and so were a number of exs. Only one ex had ADD which is the inattentive form, rather than the disruptive form of ADHD.

But...there does appear to be correlation between TP (Ne and Se) and ADHD, the drive to novelty seek gone excessive, due to a lack of dopamine, serotonin or norepinephrine.