• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type my kid

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are there any good questionnaires for parents to fill out to help type their kids? I'd like help typing mine, I'm just not sure where to begin. I was going to list some personality traits, but as I was doing that, it occurred to me that they seemed like traits common to most kids, i.e. highly imaginative and highly inquisitive, likes designing stuff with legos, etc. Most kids seem to be imaginative and inquisitive up to a certain age, and who doesn't enjoy legos? He talked from a very young age and was reading books as soon as he could start reading--he was reading Harry Potter and Tolkien while most of his classmates were still on Jack and Jane type of books. He's very good at academics but sometimes he needs help managing his time and organizing. Even in his gifted class, he often outpaces his classmates. I realize these are less personality traits I'm mentioning than they are signs of intelligence. He's good at analogizing, so I suspect strong Ne. He's as bad as me at remembering things like where he left his shoes, etc. He's a little more outgoing and socially fearless than I was at that age. Although when I think back, I was pretty outgoing early on, then retreated into myself more when it occurred to me that other kids didn't always appreciate my nature. I hope he doesn't retreat into his shell the way I did. When playing with other kids, he likes to take charge, or will at least try to take charge. However he is also open to following others or adapting his play style to other kids' whims and imaginations--all depends on who he's playing with. He was fiercely independent and wanted to try and do things himself from an early age; he would (and still does) get frustrated if he couldn't/can't do something himself and he doesn't like having to ask for help or cede control. He seems to take pride in being considered weird and nerdy by his peers. When other kids try to tease or taunt him, he either brushes it off or turns it into a compliment, like McCoy insulting Spock, and Spock replying, "thank you, doctor." He has mentioned wanting to be a writer. He's shown good art skills. Apparently, he's got decent music skills, as he was able to replicate some video game themes on a keyboard despite no music training. His style of humor is goofy and he seems to have a decent wit and ability for verbal puns and such; he likes watching MST3K with me. He's sensitive to others' moods at times. Little girls like him but he seems somewhat oblivious to their adoration. Some of them tease him, but I think it's because they like him. Kids are weird.

I think he might be ENxP

Oh, and no pictures will be provided for "visual identification", you sick pedos.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What's his age range?
He kind of reminds me of when I was a kid, but usually, typing at a very young age is uneffective at least until late adolescence. That's mostly because the auxiliary and the tertiary are often undifferentiated, as they're still not developed.
But I think he is on the Ne-Si axis, so xNxP. ENP most probably, since the unknown functions would be the aux and tert, but I wouldn't rule off INP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's his age range?
He kind of reminds me of when I was a kid, but usually, typing at a very young age is uneffective at least until late adolescence. That's mostly because the auxiliary and the tertiary are often undifferentiated, as they're still not developed.
But I think he is on the Ne-Si axis, so xNxP. ENP most probably, since the unknown functions would be the aux and tert, but I wouldn't rule off INP.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Sounds a little bit like my daughter. She's 9 years old and ENFP, maybe an ennea-type 2. She's a bit of a handful at times. Shocker. :newwink:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds a little bit like my daughter. She's 9 years old and ENFP, maybe an ennea-type 2. She's a bit of a handful at times. Shocker. :newwink:

I don't think people realize what a challenge it can be raising a gifted or very bright child. I'm not saying it's as difficult as raising a child with a learning disability or something severe like Down Syndrome, but it still comes with a lot of hurdles and challenges. It's especially frustrating if you bring it up around other adults and they act like you're humblebragging with sarcastic responses like "oh I'm sure it's sooo hard having a really smart kid." Other parents of gifted and very bright kids tend to understand though. Yes, he's a handful a lot of the time. There are unique special needs that come with having gifted kids.

I wonder if there's a strong correlation between intuition and giftedness in children.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't think people realize what a challenge it can be raising a gifted or very bright child. I'm not saying it's as difficult as raising a child with a learning disability or something severe like Down Syndrome, but it still comes with a lot of hurdles and challenges. It's especially frustrating if you bring it up around other adults and they act like you're humblebragging with sarcastic responses like "oh I'm sure it's sooo hard having a really smart kid." Other parents of gifted and very bright kids tend to understand though. Yes, he's a handful a lot of the time. There are unique special needs that come with having gifted kids.

I wonder if there's a strong correlation between intuition and giftedness in children.

I am not sure about your last point, but I do think that ADHD could be indicative of Pe in the top two preferred functions.

I have ADHD and secondary Ne, my ex-husband has ADHD and is ENTP. My son might be INTP, and both my kids have bordered on "needing help" with behavior/focus, etc, and we are talking over long stretches of time. I've never medicated them though.

My brother also has ADHD, and I think he's ESTP. My mom did too, and she was ENFP. My sister doesn't seem to, and she seems ISFJ.

I've noticed similar patterns outside of my family as well.

"ADHD" might just be (primarily) synonymous with Pe. As real as it is, maybe it's not always so real after all...

rav3n

Your son sounds a lot like mine, albeit he's not considered 'weird' since he's socially adept and easily makes friends. The difference is that my son's a natural leader, in that others appoint him as leader where he'll reluctantly become a leader if necessary. An example of this is that when he was in high school, during lunch breaks, the boys would play either soccer or football so they would appoint captains. He was always chosen even by older boys, where he would demur some of the time and agree to captain other times. He's an ENTP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your son sounds a lot like mine, albeit he's not considered 'weird' since he's socially adept and easily makes friends. The difference is that my son's a natural leader, in that others appoint him as leader where he'll reluctantly become a leader if necessary. An example of this is that when he was in high school, during lunch breaks, the boys would play either soccer or football so they would appoint captains. He was always chosen even by older boys, where he would demur some of the time and agree to captain other times. He's an ENTP.

We live in the south. The bar for what’s considered weird is pretty low here.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not sure about your last point, but I do think that ADHD could be indicative of Pe in the top two preferred functions.

I have ADHD and secondary Ne, my ex-husband has ADHD and is ENTP. My son might be INTP, and both my kids have bordered on "needing help" with behavior/focus, etc, and we are talking over long stretches of time. I've never medicated them though.

My brother also has ADHD, and I think he's ESTP. My mom did too, and she was ENFP. My sister doesn't seem to, and she seems ISFJ.

I've noticed similar patterns outside of my family as well.

"ADHD" might just be (primarily) synonymous with Pe. As real as it is, maybe it's not always so real after all...

My sister and I were both diagnosed ADHD and are both perceivers. My mother is probably a perceiver and says she’d have been diagnosed ADHD if that had been a thing when she was a kid.

I hadn’t considered a correlation between Pe and ADHD.

rav3n

My son, brother and an ex are ENTPs. My husband's an INTP and so were a number of exs. Only one ex had ADD which is the inattentive form, rather than the disruptive form of ADHD.

But...there does appear to be correlation between TP (Ne and Se) and ADHD, the drive to novelty seek gone excessive, due to a lack of dopamine, serotonin or norepinephrine.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
He loves designing with Lego?. I also used to play with Plasticine, using my hands when I was in kindergarten. He is most probably an Extroverted sensation type. He seems to have An aptitude of music without training?, and An independent, want to try things by himself, Sensitive to others moods? He is identified as A feeler. My best guess is :He is probably an ISFP.
Yes artistic soul do have a talent of writing. No wonder He want to a be writer. Jung, a late psychiatrist whose theory referred by Isabel Briggs Myers who then extended it to the MBTI, also had an aptitude of art.
But Carl Jung type is INFJ.
You can check this.
His paintings.
Take a look at pages from The Red Book by Carl Jung | Books | The Guardian
His books.
Carl Jung publications - Wikipedia

But some notes, in story reading, that I like also read stories but, mostly comics. I do not read novels a lot. I also do not like to watch movies. I like to watch Only anime. One of the anime that I love to watch now is Russian Anime: Masha and the Bear. I also used to watch Naruto Shiphuden. I used to watch in my childhood : Sailor moon, nuku-nuku, Doraemon, Ronin Warrior, Samurai X. In comics reading, I used to read comics: Harlem beats, Kindaichi, Detective Conan, Astro Boy. I notice that it is extroverted intuitor type that is more enthusiastic in literature, like Novels, Poem, (with Fi). It is an Extroverted sensor type who can be an avid watcher of manga/japanese anime, cartoon, but do not read novels a lot. My sister (identififaction: ISTP) read comics, watch anime, and loves to draw, has some aptitude in martial arts:karate, but usually doesn't read novels for stories.