User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 81

  1. #11
    Member tigergreengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Most of those snippets have a Te+Ni vocal quality. It's possible that he's playing up the Te and Ni due to his role, but when he does use Se+Fi in that clip it seems to be in a shadow mode of speaking from the perspective of someone he's not.

    So I go with ENTJ.
    He could be an ENTJ in MBTI, I was really going from more of a socionics perspective with the ESFp typing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    -10 points for unoriginality
    Lol was just telling you the facts.

  2. #12
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigergreengrass View Post
    He could be an ENTJ in MBTI, I was really going from more of a socionics perspective with the ESFp typing.
    I don't acknowledge socionics as having a separate existence from the typing system I use (which is approximately MBTI). I just haven't seen reason to think it's valid as a distinct system.

    Quote Originally Posted by tigergreengrass View Post
    That's a bit of an assumption to make that I made that correlation. Drumpf does not have NPD, please stop being an armchair doctor.
    We come to this forum to be armchair psychologists by attempting to type people. Making assessments of psychological conditions such as NPD is the same sort of thing really.
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes Drunkstein, Smilephantomhive liked this post

  3. #13
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigergreengrass View Post
    Lol was just telling you the facts.
    That's a negative, Captain.
    Perpetual mood


    "It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."


    Philip Trussell


  4. #14
    Member tigergreengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I don't acknowledge socionics as having a separate existence from the typing system I use (which is approximately MBTI). I just haven't seen reason to think it's valid as a distinct system.



    We come to this forum to be armchair psychologists by attempting to type people. Making assessments of psychological conditions such as NPD is the same sort of thing really.
    Well I don't view MBTI or "vocal typing" as a valid system so..
    Also no, a psychological condition that can be objectively diagnosed is not the same as typing someone through a psuedoscientific system (which typology is) that is overall a subjective judgement.

  5. #15
    Member tigergreengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    That's a negative, Captain.
    If you say so, INFP.

  6. #16
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigergreengrass View Post
    Well I don't view MBTI or "vocal typing" as a valid system so..
    Also no, a psychological condition that can be objectively diagnosed is not the same as typing someone through a psuedoscientific system (which typology is) that is overall a subjective judgement.
    You think that psychological diagnosis is an objective system, whereas Jungian type is not? Perhaps your experiences have suggested that, but mine have not. I've seen far greater evidence for Jungian type than I have for personality disorders as they're currently defined*, although that may simply be due to spending more time with the former system than the latter. I've yet to make a thorough investigation into mental illnesses, though I'd like to do so.

    So what I can say is that Jungian type (if I'm using the correct term here) is quite certainly real, and if you investigate the phenomenon with a perceptive enough approach you'll eventually discover the same.


    * my hunch is that the the classification of mental illness will require significant updates, for example removing, adding, and reconfiguring the diagnoses currently existing, in order to bring the system in line with the reality of how people are, but without doing the work myself and coming up with something better, I can't make any confident claims about that
    the lone star flies alone

  7. #17
    Member tigergreengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You think that psychological diagnosis is an objective system, whereas Jungian type is not? Perhaps your experiences have suggested that, but mine have not. I've seen far greater evidence for Jungian type than I have for personality disorders as they're currently defined, although that may simply be due to spending more time with the former system than the latter. I've yet to make a thorough investigation into mental illnesses, though I'd like to do so.

    So what I can say is that Jungian type (if I'm using the correct term here) is quite certainly real, and if you investigate the phenomenon with a perceptive enough approach you'll eventually discover the same.
    No, I don't judge based on my personal experiences - I judge based on objective logic. Jungian type is pseudoscience, whereas medical mental illnesses are actually things that can be diagnosed by a qualified psychologist. To compare the two is illogical and naive.

  8. #18
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigergreengrass View Post
    No, I don't judge based on my personal experiences - I judge based on objective logic. Jungian type is pseudoscience, whereas medical mental illnesses are actually things that can be diagnosed by a qualified psychologist. To compare the two is illogical and naive.
    Or in other words, you judge according to what others say without questioning it, rather than looking into matters for yourself? How would you know if they're right?

    --

    You can call a psychic hotline and get them to tell you your future, but that doesn't mean what they're doing is valid.

    And science does not hold a monopoly on truth. Commonly accepted standards need to be questioned in order to determine their veracity...
    the lone star flies alone

  9. #19
    Member tigergreengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Or in other words, you judge according to what others say without questioning it, rather than looking into matters for yourself? How would you know if they're right?
    No I question it and I look at the facts. This forum seems to love its assumptions

  10. #20
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigergreengrass View Post
    No I question it and I look at the facts. This forum seems to love its assumptions
    Well you haven't looked far enough. I've done the work, and I am able to make an assessment as to the nature of Jungian type. Your investigations just haven't taken you that far. Call it assumption, but what I'm saying is logical.
    the lone star flies alone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO