• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What’s my type with a better questionnaire

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Alot of people say I'm IxxP. I got INTJ once or twice. Everyone basically said I use Se-Ni, but I get confused because I show some Si too. If y'all looked at my recent post I went on about how with SOME things, I hold sentimental value but most things I keep because I like. I'm just confuzzled. I don't see myself using primary J function (so I don't relate to Ni as much to be an INTJ, and I don't relate to Te so much to be INTJ so I have to rule it out) I basically just want to be for sure of what type I am.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
In life, I want to be successful. Okay that sounds really lame, but I want to be moreso successful than what my parents were. My parents are divorced and my mom is what we call low class and my dad JUST got to middle class in recent years. Basically I want to be in a good economic standing to where I can live in a nice house and be able to travel as much as a like.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
A time that I felt my finest? I don't really think about that kind of stuff or understand how that equate to my type. I guess making sign language videos or taking photos. I just want to capture the beauty of everything in that moment.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
What makes me feel inferior would be if someone crushed my pride in something or don't appreciate something that I made. When I make something and put it out there, it tend to be videos or photographs, I want to share what I saw in that moment in time with other people. When they don't comment on it or even care, I feel inferior.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I do a mixture of pro con with how I feel about it. How I feel about it will really affect the pro con scale, but sometimes I go with the thing that is against my values (to spread my horizons because sometimes you need to go outside of your box to experience the world) but if it's something that I'm totally against, I'm going with how I feel.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Im not a perfectionist, but I know what I want done with the project and strive to make that the outcome. Most of the time I go with the what i know works, but if I have to I will go with another option. I try to let it go with the flow, but I still like to control the outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Seeing my college for the first time. I know that is lame and I know I could have chosen ANYTHING ELSE from the list of fun things I have. I just remembering thinking that this will be my home for the next 4 years and I can finally get out of the town I was in. That's because I lived in the same town for 18 years and seen/experienced everything that I could. Now I can experience new things and see new things.

😎 When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When learning something new, if it's tangible I like to use my senses... which is not a good thing sometimes because I will lick suspicious objects.. DONT WORRY! I don't lick of it smells funky.. okay I will say that I USE to do that. When I was a kid I will lick suspicious objects.. which will land me in the hospital many times and I got my tonsils out. Now I only lick if it's food! But for the most part, I like to see how it works and what I could use it for.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
HAH! It's bad when my little sister (who is 11) came into my room and made me get up and clean. I'm organized in a sense that "this" will be in this vicinity while "that" will be in that vicinity. Otherwise I'm a mess, but I can organize... like once a month?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do both, I like to understand the principles but also connect it to myself if it make sense. I don't really know how to explain it. I'm thinking of the MBTI theory. I normally don't care for theories, but I love personality theories because knowing the information about it helps me better observe others but also help understand myself. Otherwise I don't really care for theories because it doesn't apply to myself.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
THE LATTER! Okay! I make sure I got myself in the clear, but I will make sure if someone is truly happy with what they are doing because I do care for other's values and have that understanding that everyone has different values/perspectives on life. Which is why I mentioned I like personality theories but not others, because, even though I don't personally like to be around people all the time, I like to people watch and observe. Basically give insight (very Ni thing to say) on people by what they are doing and their behavior.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I like to think before I speak for the most part, and even listen to what the person has to say, but sometimes when my values are being threatened, I speak before thinking. I prefer one on one communication with people because... well it's easiernto get what I'm thinking out than in a group. I tend to shut down when I'm with a lot of people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I want to know before I jump because I want to weigh it out if it's best for myself. With the amount of abuse I've underwent in my life (not saying that for sympathy or pity, I'm saying it to answer the question (I have to disclaimer that because I hate it when people pity me or have sympathy because I went through that)) I will say both actions and words speak at equal volume. No matter what it hurts the same.. it's hard to explain it, they just do speak equally.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on what I did that week. If it's been eventful, I'm staying and watching my show and taking care of myself. If it's been pretty shallow then I will take a night off. If it's been mediocre, depends on what I'm feeling.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Oh I'm rude, and impulsive. I'm snappy. Just dontntalk to me if I'm stressed. I also tend to stop working too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
In recent affairs, (is that the right word? Idk I want to sound smart right now. I'm weird) my ex friend and I have been arguing a lot, she doesn't like to listen to other perspective. She is very "she is right" type of person. So yeah, I hate t when people don't listen to all perspectives. It makes them seem arrogant and rude.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Books, stories, art (in the practical sense, a lot of people like to talk about it in what it means, I just like to look at how it works all together. I CAN talk about the meaning and my insights on it), and what happened recently.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.
Anything I don't care about? So politics, unless it's against my beliefs! Otherwise I don't care. What's going on other's lives because it's none of my business.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
When I asked my friends if they could describe me for a resume, they said I'm witty, observant, dependable, insightful, adaptable. Something they will never say about me would be... I wouldn't know because I never asked.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I like to clean my room and get things I need to get done first. I tried to do productive things. Then, maybe read some of my book. Watch a movie. Clean myself. Just try to relax and enjoy myself. Then I decide if I want to hang out with some friends or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also put out, and this is why people confused me and made me think I'm not ISFP, that they tend to not like to write. I love writing, I wouldn't say it's the biggest thing in my life, hell I haven't wrote on this story that I made up in a few months. I do love making up stories in my head. But I only make up stories with things. So like with Harry Potter, I like to incorporate myself into it and slightly change up the story to where I'm one of the main characters. I do that with anime, certain books, and certain movies. I don't know why I do it. In my life time, I only truly made up two story concepts in my head and one of them is quite recently. Others was just me incorporating myself into the story. (I don't do it with everything I watch.. only with series)

Last edited:

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Hmm... Sorry to say that, but I think you need to write on a more clearly way. Maybe its your english or... I dont know. Some questions did not seem clear to me, and seem confusing. The worst thing is that my text follows a little bit confusing because Im a littel confused after reading your text.

I see you as being INFP.
I dont see much Ni on you at all. Ne can have insights either, it depends on the meaning of the word "insight" in the context. When the tests and descriptions put the word insight on Ni, it means ONE BIG VISION, it is something like a vision of the future by the eyes of an oracle (although oracles for real are likely fiction). It is Ni when you realize: "thats going to be it!"; and it is more a Ne insight when you realize "I didnt know this before, this is an interesting point of view". For me, you are more latter than the former.

Also, your Ne is strong and equal to your Fi, so you shouldnt be that much introverted and a little bit more social than regular INFPs. I see Ne everywhere, too much to quote about it.
Fi is more individualistic than Fe, more about values, and all that stuff. I see a lot of Fi too.

And thertiary Si is what makes you different than ENFP.

Also, successful is a word that can have several different meanings. Everyone wants to be successful, but what is success changes from people to people. Keep in mind that not wanting to be poor is different than wanting to be rich. I dont want to be poor either, but I dont need tons of cash to spend in overpriced stuff. Some questionaries might not only confuse this, but some of them will not take account your current situation, and they will display a high Te and INTJ by mistake. The questionaries will state stuff like "I want to be successful" and you mark hell yes, and some people will read your "I want to be successful" and both will understand your success as a will of winning a competition or getting a lot of money or achieving goals in order to be prestigious or fullfilled. That boosts your Te, when your word success have a different meaning (not being poor; have people attention on your work;having a good life?) that it is not connected to Te at all. So, I still think that your Te should be a little weak, also, your Si not that stronger.

I would recommend taking the local test, because it orders the function stack and has a 4 letter code. My text reflects partially the confusion of yours, but I think you are INFP.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm... Sorry to say that, but I think you need to write on a more clearly way. Maybe its your english or... I dont know. Some questions did not seem clear to me, and seem confusing. The worst thing is that my text follows a little bit confusing because Im a littel confused after reading your text. I see you as being INFP. I dont see much Ni on you at all. Ne can have insights either, it depends on the meaning of the word "insight" in the context. When the tests and descriptions put the word insight on Ni, it means ONE BIG VISION, it is something like a vision of the future by the eyes of an oracle (although oracles for real are likely fiction). It is Ni when you realize: "thats going to be it!"; and it is more a Ne insight when you realize "I didnt know this before, this is an interesting point of view". For me, you are more latter than the former. Also, your Ne is strong and equal to your Fi, so you shouldnt be that much introverted and a little bit more social than regular INFPs. I see Ne everywhere, too much to quote about it. Fi is more individualistic than Fe, more about values, and all that stuff. I see a lot of Fi too. And thertiary Si is what makes you different than ENFP. Also, successful is a word that can have several different meanings. Everyone wants to be successful, but what is success changes from people to people. Keep in mind that not wanting to be poor is different than wanting to be rich. I dont want to be poor either, but I dont need tons of cash to spend in overpriced stuff. Some questionaries might not only confuse this, but some of them will not take account your current situation, and they will display a high Te and INTJ by mistake. The questionaries will state stuff like "I want to be successful" and you mark hell yes, and some people will read your "I want to be successful" and both will understand your success as a will of winning a competition or getting a lot of money or achieving goals in order to be prestigious or fullfilled. That boosts your Te, when your word success have a different meaning (not being poor; have people attention on your work;having a good life?) that it is not connected to Te at all. So, I still think that your Te should be a little weak, also, your Si not that stronger. I would recommend taking the local test, because it orders the function stack and has a 4 letter code. My text reflects partially the confusion of yours, but I think you are INFP.

Thank you, but I have to point out I don't see a problem with my English. I am from the US, I did notice that some words has and "n" in the middle. That's me typing fast and not realizing I'm clicking "n" instead of the space.
Otherwise I don't see a problem with my text. Everything is close to being grammatically correct and I have some errors.
Idk I always perceived myself using Se/Ni because when I was learning about Se v Si, Si tend to connect objects with the past or something significant. I don't really do that but with like one or two things in my possessions. Se tends to just like the object becaus eof how it looks/work. That's with Fi, from what I remember. It's different if it's Se/Ni with Ti.
My friend, who is INFP, is way less practical than I am. I've been told that the way I think is very practical, reasonable. I once been said analytical. I do realize that INFP does look like INTP though and I know they are really analytical.
I do agree I use inferior Te, I'm 18 and obviously my inferior won't be as delevoped, but I do use inferior Te which means I'm dominant Fi, which I know I am very Fi. So it's the Se/Ni v Ne/Si I need to figure out. I just declared myself as IxFP, but I wanted to get more specific.
ill just take the tests, though I found tests are quite unreliable, and even then I got IxFP (sometime with the N sometimes with the S)

maybe I am INFP and just want to be ISFP, but I did many questionnaires and got ISFP or IxFP, so idk.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Also, I explained what I meant by "I want to be successful"
i don't see your confusion with that either. Idc how I am successful, I want to be more successful than my own parents. I know everyone yearns for that, but it's the biggest goal in my life for being 18

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Well Im sorry, but your text lacks clarity to me and that it is not grammar related. And I have a hard time describing what is unclear.

I could make more questions but I dont think it is going to work.
The questionarie I ask you is one related with the functions themselves (Se,Ne,etc...), because I admit that I could be confusing Ne for Se on your texts. I re-read it, I think I can see Se but I dont see Ni, I think I see Ne (a lot) but I dont see much Si either. There have been some people where I arrived as type A or B as answers, also I have an X on my type either. Having an X in your 4-letter type isnt rare, although the X is usually where E or I are.

Also, ISFP and ISTP (ISFP specially) are sometimes related as intuitive sensors because they have thertiary Ni and in some cases the Ni can get as strong as Se. The problem with you is that Im not clearly seeing signs of Ni on your texts.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Also, I explained what I meant by "I want to be successful"
i don't see your confusion with that either. Idc how I am successful, I want to be more successful than my own parents. I know everyone yearns for that, but it's the biggest goal in my life for being 18

I haven't read through the questionnaire, nor do I have an opinion on your type, but I want to comment on this: everyone may yearn for success, but note that they yearn for their particular version of success, which may deviate wildly from the typically accepted notions of what constitutes success.

For one, making money might be success, for another it may be brightening someone's day.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see you as an underdeveloped ISFP, you have time to develop your Ni, do you receive epiphanies?

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
I can see you as an underdeveloped ISFP, you have time to develop your Ni, do you receive epiphanies?
If you mean those "aha" moments, then yeah.
You say I'm underdeveloped ISFP, well I know that if you are younger, yo I are more underdeveloped than if you are like 30 something. I'm 18, so that's probably why I could be an underdeveloped ISFP or, from what the other person said, INFP.

I dont exactly know what you mean by epiphanies but i know km able to gather data to predict how a thing would end. Like how a story or show would end. But those are pretty predictable if you just watch out for the right clues and be observant about it.
Oh wait, okay yeah (sorry I just looked it up). Yeah, I guess I get epiphanies.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Hi. An INFP. Do You love writing story?. You should try writing a novel. You can be the next J.K Rowling who gets rich by selling Novels. I identify J.K Rowling INFP.

I love reading stories also. Mostly comics or animation/cartoon. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite. I watched the cartoon movie in my childhood. Novel is usually written without any pictures. That's may be the reason why Reading novel can't keep my enthusiasm for long enough. In 7 Novel of Harry Potter, I only finished reading the Goblet of Fire.
Could you tell us the titles of your favourite books?
INFP is a rare type. Isabel Briggs Myers was also an INFP. I read in Gifts Differing, She found Statistics useful. She studied it in a consulting company. May be it is good for you too. You may find it helpful.