• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's my type?

pancakegirl

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hey there, I've been pondering for such a long time what my personality type is. Whenever I look at videos for each type, I'm always finding contradictive information which confuses me regarding what my type is. Here are some questions I've gathered from some of the questionnaires on this website. Hope this helps you type me :)

1) What do you like/dislike most about yourself?

Like: I'm fun (or at least I think I am XD), curious (I'm interested in learning new things), people have described me as honest, easy-going/chill, lovely and good to hang out with

Dislike: terrible at dealing with conflict, tends to become very anxious, self conscious and paranoid that others are talking bad about myself, can have bad social anxiety and show depressive symptoms every now and then, can't stand up for myself very well

2) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Rudeness/ Arrogance, being so "up yourself" whilst heavily criticising myself and others in a unfair manner
Bossy/control-freak
Manipulation causing distrust

3) Do you tend to plan for the future?

I think of the possibilities for the future (e.g career prospects as a psychology teacher, psychologist or utilising my psychological university degree in areas such as advertising, environmental changes (changing people's attitudes and behaviour towards the environment), criminology, human resources. I don't have any detailed plan for my future, I like to consider all my options.

4) Do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?

Nope. Hoodies and leggings all the way XD. Hate formal events. If I'm feeling girly that day or I'm going on a date, I'll wear jeans and a cute top

5) What activities do you enjoy?

Clubbing/ going out to town to party XD
Shopping
Learning more about Psych (particularly personality psychology)
Gym ( I don't go very often and I'm not very physically active but I go there to deal with stress/ daydream whilst walking on the treadmill)

6) What do you spend the most time thinking about?

Career Aspirations (see question 3)
Self Development: considering ways I can improve myself (e.g attending toastmakers clubs to practise public speaking skills, trying to find balance between uni, work and social life, putting myself out there so I can meet new people (I've been having issues with a couple of my closer "friends" so I'm just trying to find some nice, fun peeps.

7) How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

A lot. Used to be an incredibly shy, introverted weird nerdy girl with not many friends :(
Now I can be a bit more talkative with those I'm more comfortable with. Still have times when I'm more shy and reserved, but It doesn't take as long to warm up to new people. Can make friends more easily than before. I'm still weird XD but more so in a fun kinda way (not a bad way).

8) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I always get different results whenever I take personality tests, usually they ask the wrong questions/ they don't make any sense and I can get inaccurate results. I used to think I was IxFP. I personally feel confident that I am xxFP. I considered myself perhaps leaning more towards introversion, though I do enjoy going out with friends, being loud and rowdy haha, I definitely rely on solitude to recharge and can go into "hermit mode" full of netflix and sleep. After a couple of days, I get bored of this and I want to go out again with friends. I assumed maybe ISFP would be my type. I know that sensing types tend to be more drawn to high stimulation environments (e.g clubbing) I find it hard to imagine an INFP enjoying these environments, they'd be more "in their heads" I'd imagine.
However, according to the cognitive functions, ISFP and INFP have Fi as their dominant function, but I don't think my Fi is very strong. I always hear how "Fi has a very strong set of values, morals and beliefs...." but I don't have these rigid sense of "rules" that I live by. INFP and ISFP are often stereotypes as being highly artistic or poetic, but nope that's not me. I've heard somewhere that ISFP's may be more physically capable due to extroverted sensing (not me) but are unlikely to do well in fields such as Psychology (but I'm currently studying my bachelors degree in Psych and I'm doing pretty well).
I'm unsure of whether my extroverted intuition or my extroverted sensing is stronger? I don't exactly have a plan for the future. I used to worry a lot about what I wanted to do with my future, but now I just try out new classes, try new things and consider new possibilities just to see whether I like them, which this helps me narrow down what I choose to do within the future.

9) Do you tend to be introverted?
Yes. I would consider myself on a spectrum between introversion and extroversion leaning more towards introversion. I spend a lot of time sleeping, watching Netflix, doing uni/ work when I have to. I tend to talk to people more one on one or in small groups. But then again, I can be more outgoing and loud when I'm buying all these shopping bags and treating myself. And I'm more out there when clubbing too. I can be talkative on dates too (but that could just be the nerves kicking in) I feel like I'm too introverted to be ESFP or ENFP but I don't believe I have dominant Fi to be an ISFP or INFP :/

10) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Right now, just making sure I make the most of my twenties. I have a list of things I'd like to do before I finish uni. For example go to class in pjs, attend one lecture I'm not even enrolled in (this could help me find out whether I may like a class like that or not). Other things outside of uni include getting a tattoo, go on more tinder dates just for the giggles haha).
After experiencing a whole bunch of stuff, I'm hoping to learn more about myself, eventually settle down into a relationship and have more of an idea as to what career I'll be pursuing.

11) What makes you feel inferior?

see question 2

12) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Usually my emotions overrule my decision making, leading to very bad decisions. If I'm annoyed at someone for being rude, I'd probably bottle my feelings up and get angry over text message (I'm bad at confrontation) and that never ends well. I consider people's thoughts and opinions in my decision making (unless if theyre a jerk). The last guy I dated led me on for months but still claimed he was interested. I got pissed off at him and put his number on Grindr (hes not gay), just to get petty revenge on him. That's on example of strong emotions clouding my judgement, when I could have just ignored him and been more calm in the way it ended. But I don't regret what I did so smhhhh. Its a good thing to laugh about every now and then .

13) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I usually let someone else take the lead. There have not been many times I've taken the lead, but whenever I do, its because of self development, for the purpose of improving skills such as leadership that I may lack in.

14) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Not very. Room is messy. I am quite disorganised. Tidying my room relieves stress and helps me feel more organised (but I do this rarely because it never stays tidy.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Bottle emotions, lash out on text, overeat, throw stuff, cry, self loathe ( I'm bad at dealing with stress)

16) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Friends would describe me as friendly, bubbly, fun, silly, bit dumb at times, usually chill, prone to anxious outbursts
I only show friends that nice, bubbly side to me. I don't usually discuss my career aspirations or my desire for self development/ improvement (these are more internal).

17) Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?

Nope. I have a budget, yet I have a tendency to go on big shopping sprees

That's all! What type do you think I am? If you have any questions please ask.
Thanks for reading by the way :)