User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    @Vendrah

I think INFP seems reasonable.

From looking through your posts (which are mostly typings of people) I can see that you tend to start the post with something regarding your personal motivations.

Then you get into a line of thought which seems to be looking at possible answers and the implications of that, and grounding it in terms of what you know (or don't know). I guess that this is Ne+Si. There's often no clear point where the Ne ends and Si begins so I would say your Ne and Si are often working together.

Then you'll often mention something regarding the MBTI tests, e.g. making a recommendation. I would say this is your Te-inferior "specialty" (often the inferior will have a narrow focus because the person will struggle with the function more broadly but can bring it in if the topic is something they're comfortable with/interested in).

Not a clear read, but it's the best I think I can do with the posts you've made thus far.
    Thanks, I got it mostly. But I have a little disagreement, and it is in terms of cognitive functions (not 4-letter code) so I am going to say it. In the tests says I am Si and Fe lacking. Although I use the word "usually" usually, I am usually usually Si lacking! I was raised by an ISTJ, I think thats why I usually say usually too usually . Also, I am not a fan of languages, not a fan of traditions and I also tried to push my past away and forget as much as I could about my bad times (I failed and had to face it eventually). My Te isnt baby at all, it is quite developed, not only due to profession because it wasnt bad before that. Also due to MBTI I became aware of Ti and decided to apply Ti in more situations or in paralell with Te in order to fix a lack of data, unclear sets and cases with too much exceptions (which is the case of MBTI).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

An engineering graduate INFP. Interesting.
    You do like statistics, and science? Myers Briggs (typology identification: INFP) also learnt statistics to develop the MBTI.

I have question. How do you find engineering as a subject and as a profession? Scientist do differ in pursuit with engineer, don't they?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    An engineering graduate INFP. Interesting.
    You do like statistics, and science? Myers Briggs (typology identification: INFP) also learnt statistics to develop the MBTI.

I have question. How do you find engineering as a subject and as a profession? Scientist do differ in pursuit with engineer, don't they?
    I did graduate just recently and I had never worked on the field. Not exactly by my option but I prefer to not talk about it.
    I do like statistics and science but I never truly had one single main interest. When I had to choose my profession, I had 5-6 different options where I couldnt choose. I let my mom literally take out 3 of them (although she took statistic out and I could be happier with statistics but she had a good reason at that time, which it was that stats in these times in my enviroment was a profession to get poor and frustrated, just like >80% of professions in Brazil), took one out by my own, and decided to try two different university admission tests, and I happened to pass at engineering. I cant even recall which were the other options beside statistics.

When I was at school, I used to like Geography, I was very good at physics, that was a subject that was intuitive and easy to understand to me at the beginning (but when physics gots trashy [EDIT: By trashy I mean super-complicated hardcore] at university I turn out to be not so good at it). I had a love and hate relationship with math. Math is extremely useful but some subjects are quite complicated. I did appreaciatte philosophy but, well, you cant decently do that for a living even on developed countries. I was undifferent for Biology, arts (impossible to do a decent living on this one either), history. I hated local language (portuguese) and I was bad at chemistry (I dont hate chemistry, I am just bad at it).

And as a last note, well, I was leaded to think that I am an F because of my Fi preference(my Fi is high indeed) and my constantly (although I try to control and usually fail) Fi rage, as I expressed in this topic slightly. But if you pay attention to my function stack, you can see that Fi is in front, Fe is in last, Te and Ti are just middle. It happens that if you sum Te+Ti it is very close to Fi+Fe. These achile heels for INFP Te doesnt apply to me (although I dont have a strong Te, but it isnt weak either). Actually, the achile heels Fe from INTP does apply to me better. Since Fi is hidden emotions and Fe is the expressed emotions, I am more of a rational for people who doesnt know me well (not in MBTI forums because I dont need to hide my Fi here). Also, there are some moments where I write a lot like an INTP. In that same subject, I have been thinking of migrating and try to have a preference for Ti instead of Te. Before I knew the stacks, I did had preference for Te in my very first test (which used to lead me to think that I am ENFP because of tertiary Te) but when I read about Ti, I thought to my self: "I am missing an important aspect of thinking". Today, I have no preference, and maybe I could get a preference for Ti (slightly) so at least I could get some use of INTP advantages (I actually see more virtues in INTP type than the INTPs themselves). I never really managed to get my Te work fully. I could create great plans, with detailed, strategic thinking, but I was terrible at following them (they were good but somedays I was just not in the mood for them). I used to have good control over my perfomance and how my goals were doing. I also was never truly organized nor truly messy, just a middle point. My computer used to be very organized (today is organized. My PC desktop is super clean) for example, while I always had a place for misc stuff which always turned to be messy. In my life, I always had been in the middle in terms of organization and messiness, with some moments being more organized while other being less. Excessive organized enviroment annoys me (I only see point in organizing in terms of efficiency; If you spend more time organizing your enviroment and handling details because of that than looking for lost stuff than thats unefficient unless you need to show off organization). Somedays I could follow an efficient schedule perfectly, but I could never stick on it for more than a week.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

You are an INFP in the MBTI. It is hard to understand the cognitive functions and It seems that you feel some portion all of those cognitive functions in you. It could be because of Fi. I have been observing Se-Fi as a type that have some psychological aptitude in play acting, pretending like an actor, actresses.

The cognitive functions works in in conjunctions, not one by one. In INFP, when they feel, they are also intuiting. Introvert judging is spontaneous, rather than planned. In practice, When you feel something, it would be good if you write it down.
    Some INFP has some aptitude in literature . Do you like reading novels, write and poems?
    In INFP, When they think, they also sensing.
    When Fi-Ne conscious, Si-Te unsconscious. It means when you are feeling intuiting, you can't be simultaneously sensing and thinking.
    It would be balanced when you could get conscious of both interchangeably.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    You are an INFP in the MBTI. It is hard to understand the cognitive functions and It seems that you feel some portion all of those cognitive functions in you. It could be because of Fi. I have been observing Se-Fi as a type that have some psychological aptitude in play acting, pretending like an actor, actresses.

The cognitive functions works in in conjunctions, not one by one. In INFP, when they feel, they are also intuiting. Introvert judging is spontaneous, rather than planned. In practice, When you feel something, it would be good if you write it down.
    Some INFP has some aptitude in literature . Do you like reading novels, write and poems?
    In INFP, When they think, they also sensing.
    When Fi-Ne conscious, Si-Te unsconscious. It means when you are feeling intuiting, you can't be simultaneously sensing and thinking.
    It would be balanced when you could get conscious of both interchangeably.
    If you are talking about these shadow functions, rigid function stacks, and etc.. well it happens that they dont proceded empirically. I still "believe" in the cognitive functions in their own sake (and I think its reasonable to consider them), but not their rigid stacking. They are very complicated to understand and their interactions, with that not only I agree but today I think nobody truly ever figured this out - maybe in the future.

I did a lot of personality tests by some years, and after some evaluation in long terms I am a NP person. I have been introverted through some years but I believe these are the circumstances. And I have not exactly a feeling or thinking. INFP for now (or ENFP in the past or long term evaluation) is a good fit especially because my Fi is more visible (especially when i am at a bad humor) than any of my thinking functions.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    Hi, I think I already know my 4-letter type and personality, but I wish to hear second opinions. I am not familiar with ennegram, so I would like to be typed in the ennegram thing too. Thanks for reading.
    tricky... infp or isfp. Say, are you competitive?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkstein View Post
    tricky... infp or isfp. Say, are you competitive?
    I am not competitive...

And I had taken dozens of different MBTI tests, with cognitive functions or dicthonomy, I already got I/E, F/T, and even J (although that was wrong) but every single test I get an N with no exception. Maybe my N is not as strong as it should be (maybe I should develop my intuition more...? And how...?) and I dont get where you see S towards my messages..

Enneagram

I am not competitive...

And I had taken dozens of different MBTI tests, with cognitive functions or dicthonomy, I already got I/E, F/T, and even J (although that was wrong) but every single test I get an N with no exception. Maybe my N is not as strong as it should be (maybe I should develop my intuition more...? And how...?) and I dont get where you see S towards my messages..
    The test are not always very reliable. I noticed you talked about playing FPS etc, that's why I ask. When I play, I hate losing. Since isfp has Se as auxiliary, they sort of get a bigger pleasure at beating others than infp would, I think.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkstein View Post
    The test are not always very reliable. I noticed you talked about playing FPS etc, that's why I ask. When I play, I hate losing. Since isfp has Se as auxiliary, they sort of get a bigger pleasure at beating others than infp would, I think.
    I get how it makes sense and I used to think that way (associating Se and xSxP with FPS) but the reality is a little bit different. I like stats and there is one in special about MBTI and FPS. There is little to nothing about it, with one exception. One guy went out through forum and social media on Counter Strike: GO and asked people to do a survey and one of the questions was which MBTI type the respondent were. He gost almost 200 answers, which is quite a good number for these kinds of searchs (we know that nobody that has resources will do these kind of searchs) .

Counter Strike: Global Offensive vs Myers–Briggs Type Indicator

The most common type was INTP, with 28,6% (more than a quarter), followed by INTJ and ISTP with 9,7% each and ENTP in 4th with 8,7%. We know that internet searchs are more prone to INxx, but even considering that, the number of INTPs on these games are quite significant, so FPS is not really about Se, there is at least many other roles as well (also consider that most INTJ are poor at Se and yet they got second place).

On my experience, I met some good bunch of S on Battlefield in the brazilian community (I stopped by a year now because of personal reason but I dont plan to come back, battlefield became not only a poor game, but full of cheaters), but in battlefield stats I noticed a lot of people which didnt interact when play and were highly unacessible. My guess is that from these people the most common type should be INTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I never really managed to get my Te work fully. I could create great plans, with detailed, strategic thinking, but I was terrible at following them (they were good but somedays I was just not in the mood for them).
    Somedays I could follow an efficient schedule perfectly, but I could never stick on it for more than a week.
    Yeah. Sounds like like a usual behavior of P dichotomy in MBTI, who behaviorally do not stick to the plan, they tend to let their "option" open.

I wonder whether you have ever reckoned that when you schedule something, you may not do it for yourself. You may do scheduling for other party. Doing so, you don't have to follow the schedule; others may have to do so, because according to the schedule, they will have accomplished a work by some time in the future.

Psychological functions Si-Te may perform at their best when doing scientific research. The end of the research project is writing a report and may be teaching of what they have found and learnt.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 09-04-2019 at 09:19 PM.