• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There we go again

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's been more than a year now. Things changed. Lets see how much.
Early 20s, girl from Italy, uni student. Nothing particular to declare. Got some selfies around the forum.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is a concept created by people, thus completely inexistent. It should be the aderence to some pre-established parametres, such as symmetry or a phantomatic poetical meaning.
I see love as a series of chemical reactions which determine several sensations. It's all in our head, in a mechanistic way.

2. What are your most important values?
I don't think I have many values. The first one maybe is knowledge, a thirst for understanding even more. Ignorance is what annoys me the most in people, with the denial to know.
I value actions on a scale of "is it a stupid or mentally degrading thing?". Often I feel really annoyed if something doesn't pass this test.
But overall, also the "live and let live". I don't care about most of the actions you could make.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Undecided between atheism and agnosticism.
Logically, my reasoning stops at agnosticism (during history, several religions alternated before being debunked. Thus it's impossible that yours is the "real" one.)
If there must be something that started it all, who says it's sentient o a divinity? It could also be some kind of physical force in conditions of relativity, so maybe in a condition where time's virtually inexistent.

Instinctively, I'm an atheist, and have been since I was a kid. The world as I see it is mechanistic and deterministic, no metaphysics involved.
In high school, while studying philosophy, only one thing had me a hard time: "Pascal's bet".
If you bet on God's existance and win, you really do win after you die. If you lose, you don't lose anything. If you bet on his non existance, if you win, you win nothing, if you lose, you're damned in hell.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I dream about an utopistic world where they aren't needed. They're a waste of resources and humans which could be used for the better, such as education or helping others.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I'm a chemistry student, so lately I'm having long conversations about new results in research, mainly understanding how they work more than actually implementing them. Last one was about carbon nanotubes, which could be used by nasa to build a "space elevator".
Besides that, I've always been into computer science (I'm gonna attend a phd in computational chemistry), so I'd like to go back to coding more often.
Languages. During my life I've studied, besides english which is supposed to be my second language and italian, my first one, spanish, french, latin, ancient greek, russian and arabic. The last two on my own, the other ones in school.
I love studying languages as much as I hate studying literature. I love to try and decipher the scheme and set of rules which define the language, while literature needs more memory than reasoning, I feel it "colder".
When I was younger a was a lot into astronomy, now just occasionally I look at the sky and try finding the constellations, back then I used to study everything I could find about astronomy and astrophysics.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
It'd bore me to death. It's the only science I can't stand, except for farmacology.
Since I've been in hospital for a month last year because a sinusitis had excalated in meningitis and orbital cellulitis and I was risking losing an eye, I'm very anxious about my health. I often check my heartbeat, I'm afraid something could go wrong.
7. What do you think of daily chores?
Boring. I procrastinate and pile them up until I'm forced to do them.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Last time I cried was linked to a breakup. It's been 6 months now, if I think about it I become gloomy and shed a tear.
Smiling... after a messed up period in my life I've finally found friends and peace of mind. With them I feel wanted. So pretty lately while I was thinking about that.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
At one with the environment: never happened and never will, I don't see why or how should I feel I.
A sense of belonging: I've recently moved to the other side of Italy in order to have a fresh new start. It worked. In my new city I can feel that sense of belonging

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Weaknesses: disorganization, being too much emotive when I finally express my feelings.
Right now I don't dislike anything about me. I've made major improvements to me and my life.
Time ago I'd said the inability to behave in social gatherings, but now not anymore.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Feelings management. They're really hard for me to grasp, understande and act accordingly.
If something makes my happy, I start walking in circles and thinking about it for hours. If I'm truly sad I can become a bit of a drama queen.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
The environment in my family was toxic. I was stuck in the routine of arguments and hatred. My reaction was "fuck this, I'm out", maybe cowardly.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Cleverness, gentleness, being able to guide me in social situations. My interactions are generally based on saying jokes in a light-hearted atmosfere.
I hate ignorance, roughness, harshnwss.
My friends are ENTPs, ESFJ, ISFJ, INTJ, ENFP.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Confused. I couldn't have occasional sex, not without some kind of emotional connection before. But when the chemical reaction that I mentioned in the first answer is triggered and you feel good with a single person, then yes.
But really often it doesn't work for me, I find it really hard compaired to others to fall in love.
In a partner, I look for someone similar to me. Bonus points if he can take emotional initiative.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I don't want to have a child, I don't feel that impulse. But I'd focus on reasoning with his more than scolding him and making sure he grows gentle and knowledgeable.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Externally, I immediately proceed to explain why not. Internally, I'd think "that makes no sense, are you dumb?" and feel extremely annoyed.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
It just happens. But with them, I can come across as bubbly or hyperactive. I make a lot of jokes and to things to annoy them, then I get tired of social interaction and become silent for hours. As I said, light-hearted atmosphere and a lot of jokes.
21. How do you behave around strangers?
I used to be really formal and stiff until a year ago. I'm kind of still am, but not that much. Awkward, a lot.

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
From seeing a picture of you, I got a clear impression of ENTP.

--

Also, I saw a post from you recently where you were describing the steps you take in completing a report. That sort of thing is good for determining your type, because it's a way of seeing if you start with Ne, then go Ti then Fe then Si, or if you start with Ti, then go Ne then Si then Fe. Function order literally manifests in a sequential ordering a lot of the time. So think about whether the ideas or the logic is what you start with.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From seeing a picture of you, I got a clear impression of ENTP.

--

Also, I saw a post from you recently where you were describing the steps you take in completing a report. That sort of thing is good for determining your type, because it's a way of seeing if you start with Ne, then go Ti then Fe then Si, or if you start with Ti, then go Ne then Si then Fe. Function order literally manifests in a sequential ordering a lot of the time. So think about whether the ideas or the logic is what you start with.

Let me guess, the one in lab?

Discussing projects, I've always felt like my N was pretty weak. I know some ENPs, those guys are capable of throwing up at your face half a dozen ideas not really unrelated one to the another.
For myself, it's more of "okay, this is the final goal, which are the ways strictly related to it that make sense and can help me?". I've found the "make sense" part is a major difference with other ENTPs. I've recently had a discussion with an ENTP colleague because I was extremely pissed off at his unprofessionality in lab and how he would just go nuts over possibilities while I was trying to actually finish the lab experience and understand what I was doing.

Also, care about the report. The scheme I mentioned is given to us by the teacher and for some subjects even decided by law, so we're forced to go "theory, then procedures, then etcetera".

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Let me guess, the one in lab?

Discussing projects, I've always felt like my N was pretty weak. I know some ENPs, those guys are capable of throwing up at your face half a dozen ideas not really unrelated one to the another.
For myself, it's more of "okay, this is the final goal, which are the ways strictly related to it that make sense and can help me?". I've found the "make sense" part is a major difference with other ENTPs. I've recently had a discussion with an ENTP colleague because I was extremely pissed off at his unprofessionality in lab and how he would just go nuts over possibilities while I was trying to actually finish the lab experience and understand what I was doing.

Also, care about the report. The scheme I mentioned is given to us by the teacher and for some subjects even decided by law, so we're forced to go "theory, then procedures, then etcetera".

I mean the recent picture posted alongside that one where your face can be clearly seen. I'm typing based on facial features, not contextual clues. Basically... I have some idea of what each type looks like based on facial features, so I drew the connection based on that, but my accuracy isn't that high. I often get INFJ and ENFJ confused, so getting INTP and ENTP confused isn't a longshot.

Ok, so you're following a standard procedure, which might say more about the average chemistry major or whoever made the procedure rather than you. But the idea of looking for sequential ordering of functions is what I think you'd want to focus on because that allows you to make judgement calls between types with the same last 3 letters.

For example, in your post which I'm quoting now, you said "Let me guess..." which is an indicator of Ne. So you started with Ne, indicating it's likely to be the dominant function. However, you were also replying to an INFJ, and it's possible that skipping the Ti and going for the Ne was the response which made sense based on the situation.

I'm having a look through some of your posts now to see if I can determine your function order, but I've been drinking so it might not get done. Lelz.

From reading through the OP of this thread, you do mention an asocialness, but I just read that as Ti, not necessarily as Ti dominant. And you mention hyperactivity which I read as being ExxP, but maybe IxxP could fit that too.

I'd still guess ENTP but if I can identify your function order from your posts I'll be sure.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From reading through the OP of this thread, you do mention an asocialness, but I just read that as Ti, not necessarily as Ti dominant. And you mention hyperactivity which I read as being ExxP, but maybe IxxP could fit that too.

I'd still guess ENTP but if I can identify your function order from your posts I'll be sure.

This could be useful, at least I hope so: throughout my life, sociality has always been a major problem. I had decided to work on it as soon as I got out of teenage years, and it has been extremely painful and hard. My ENTP ex, ESFJ and ESTP friends helped me by giving advice and explaining me how I should've behaved according to the situations I was in.
So, last year I moved to a new city 500kms away to live on my own, "new city, new me" and tried to make it better. Now I'm more sociable than before, but to the expense of a ton of energy.
Same for the hyperactivity, I'm definitely fluctuating. A few hours I'm hyperactive, the rest of the day I'm on my own and don't feel like speaking with anyone.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I agree with [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], you seem ENTP to me.
I wouldnt take INTP out of the table although.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree with [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], you seem ENTP to me.
I wouldnt take INTP out of the table although.

Got it. But one thing which's always convinced me I wasn't Ne dom (I've typed ISTP as a young teen and ISxJ a few years ago) was that I actually suck at brainstorming or producing random ideas, I just often can't think of any. To me, that's often just random crap useless to the final purpose, while working in lab I often get annoyed at other ENTPs for wanting to experiment and not following the procedure.
Other than that, I've always felt like I had a decent grasp on my Si, mainly related to nostalgia and associating a lot of sensations to certain memories, which I've found ENTPs rarely do, or also being extremely good at noticing differences with the past. It rarely was cause of anxiety, instead of my Fe or anything concerning the emotional sphere until a year ago.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
In this case, I would like to invert.
INTP, without getting ENTP out of the table.
INTP has thertiary Si, strong thertiary Si explains the Sensing results in the past.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I looked through many of your posts. I found your Ne and Ti harder to read (harder to identify/classify, I mean) than your Fe and Si, but the latter half of posts, where relevant, were the more Fe+Si half. I spotted many examples of Si being used after Fe, and Fe being used directly after Ti, thus confirming my hypothesis that you are an ENTP. (if you'd like I can PM you with the particular posts I looked at and which functions I interpreted them as referring to)

What I notice is that there is an Si theme that runs through many of your posts. So the reason that you may not seem as Ne as other ENTPs, and instead are more focused on the end-goal, may be that you're focusing on getting to the Si right from the very beginning. An Ne dominant can still do that. Doing so is likely useful in chemistry where there is a heavy ISFJ presence, but in general it's best to let your intuition roam free without necessarily tying it to "the purpose". The Si is still an important step, but I suspect you're overdoing it.

For an Ni dom, it would be like only considering concepts/theories that are known to be present in reality. While it's good when a theory can be shown to refer to the outside world, requiring it before the speculative phase has even taken place would be stifling.

(note: my analysis may not be correct, it's just what I'm seeing)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I looked through many of your posts. I found your Ne and Ti harder to read (harder to identify/classify, I mean) than your Fe and Si, but the latter half of posts, where relevant, were the more Fe+Si half. I spotted many examples of Si being used after Fe, and Fe being used directly after Ti, thus confirming my hypothesis that you are an ENTP. (if you'd like I can PM you with the particular posts I looked at and which functions I interpreted them as referring to)

What I notice is that there is an Si theme that runs through many of your posts. So the reason that you may not seem as Ne as other ENTPs, and instead are more focused on the end-goal, may be that you're focusing on getting to the Si right from the very beginning. An Ne dominant can still do that. Doing so is likely useful in chemistry where there is a heavy ISFJ presence, but in general it's best to let your intuition roam free without necessarily tying it to "the purpose". The Si is still an important step, but I suspect you're overdoing it.

For an Ni dom, it would be like only considering concepts/theories that are known to be present in reality. While it's good when a theory can be shown to refer to the outside world, requiring it before the speculative phase has even taken place would be stifling.

(note: my analysis may not be correct, it's just what I'm seeing)

I like this analysis, at least it makes sense.
But allow me to understand this one. I know I'm in a period of profound changes in my life, so it's hard even for me to understand.
I've always thought I had a really good grasp on my Si (thus, the sp/so, and ISxJ typings). It has never been source of anxiety or discomfort in my life, I even used to use it to make other people feel better instead of directly going for Fe (could've been just because it was underdeveloped during my teen years, but who knows). I've always been the one to give a logical analysis about your problems, then maybe try to feel you better by providing sensory stimuli, not emotional help or even a hug, I'm terrible at that. It only began causing me anxiety after ending up in hospital last year, but I had risked either dying or losing an eye according to the docs, they called me a miracle for gaining back full health with no complications. Before that, my anxiety has always been Fe related, even if it could've just been an untreated social anxiety.

During my teen years, my reasoning with other people would be "they've behaved like X in Y situation, so I should do X. If they do Z and in past it meant W, that's what it means", so it was Si before Fe.

Also, another difference I've seen with my other N-first friends was when studying organic chemistry. It's very different from the other branches of chemistry because it's just "a dance of the electrons" and further rearrangings. I've always been terrible at that, prefering a field orchestrated by hard formulas, where X leads forcefully to Y everytime, you can easily understand it even when starting from Y, and I don't have to resort to spacial intelligence. With this I don't want to say that ENPs and INJ aren't present in physical chemistry, they actually are, but that I've observed that N-doms prefer other ones where they are freeer to go with their instinct and ideas ("the e- could go here, here, here, and here. Let me check which one is the more logical one") as opposed to "this is my goal. This one is the way that makes more sense, because this formula means X, now that I've reached my goal let me double check by considering the other possible ways".

Another thing that I can't understand, is that excessive Ne annoys me a lot on the workplace and in everyday life. I would just go "could you please, please, would you shut up and consider what makes sense?".
I've never been able to generate random unrelated ideas or let my intuition freely roam, that's why I've almost placed my Ne subdued to other functions.

I'd also like to get your opinion about this post, because it's always been a strong recurrent motive throughout my life, and it's still present nowadays:

I had read that considering people "blank noise" and unneeded is a sign of underdeveloped Fe. Could either be Fe-last or an unused tertiary.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, when you say "logical analysis", "reasoning", "hard formulas", what I think of is Ti. There's a bit of Si e.g. focusing on past behaviour, sensory things, but more the Ti.

About social anxiety... I'm not sure how social anxiety ties into the functions precisely, but I can say as an INFJ that I have pretty bad social anxiety. If you ask me which causes me more anxiety: people or logic? I would easily say people. I think people can be just... anxiety provoking, idk.

But here's some evidence that Si causes you anxiety too:

In your signature it says "I don't think it's so personal Anymore / I don't think it's irreversible Anymore". To me that is an elegant description of overcoming the difficulties associated with Fe (personal) and Si (irreversible). I can say as someone who has Si in the 8th position, that Si causes me a lot of anxiety, and the concept of "irreversible" seems tied into that anxiety. For me though it's having a bad reaction to being reminded of the past. A memory will come to my mind, and it won't necessarily be a bad memory, but it will cause me anxiety just being reminded of it. Whether I made a mistake or something bad happened in the memory or not, I will feel that I/it did.

Regarding people as blank noise... I think that's more of a low-Feeling trait than social anxiety. But I think it's consistent with Fe being in the tertiary. The tertiary is perhaps the most neutral function, in that we kinda identify with it but not strongly, kinda want to distance ourself from it but not strongly. I suppose I can be like that with logical analysis. I tend to be quite logical, but if it becomes the focus I just don't care. I can do it but I don't necessarily like doing it unless I have a specific interest in the issue being analysed. Whereas with something Se related like sports, while I can sometimes enjoy that, I am usually very reluctant to engage with the physical world. I for the most part just don't like sports, or physical challenges or the like. Being made to react in the moment to incoming data is generally anxiety provoking, which is one reason I can socialise online but often not in person, because online is less "real time".

Regarding approaches to learning, I don't know enough about the example you provided to say what's going on there, but I associate Si with rote-learning. Si is the most capable of taking in a large amount of data and processing that data for regularities, so they are good in subjects where there is a lot of information to take in as opposed to subjects where the theory is paramount. From what I understand chemistry can be approached from either a factual or a theoretical angle, and it probably does depend on the kind of chemistry as to which is more likely to be appropriate - though I suspect that both would need to be incorporated to really excel.

I guess questions to think about regarding Si...
Do you like / are you good at rote learning?
Do you like / are you good at repetitive tasks?
Are you someone with good "attention to detail"?
How do you feel about looking back at the past?

That's all I can think of for now.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Whereas with something Se related like sports, while I can sometimes enjoy that, I am usually very reluctant to engage with the physical world. I for the most part just don't like sports, or physical challenges or the like. Being made to react in the moment to incoming data is generally anxiety provoking, which is one reason I can socialise online but often not in person, because online is less "real time".
This part stroke the opposite to me. While I can engage in the physical world and can enjoy pleasurable stimuli, I used to be really reluctant with people. Something I've never been interested in is the silent rules of human interacting. I mean, I've forced myself to understand them from a Ti and Si perspective (analyzing, then placing everything in a framework confirmed if the same actions happened again under the same circumstances), but I've always struggled and didn't feel like interested in applying them. Until I moved here, in a new city, and decided that I didn't want to make the rest of my uni years even harder by having problems with socializing.
Regarding approaches to learning, I don't know enough about the example you provided to say what's going on there, but I associate Si with rote-learning. Si is the most capable of taking in a large amount of data and processing that data for regularities, so they are good in subjects where there is a lot of information to take in as opposed to subjects where the theory is paramount. From what I understand chemistry can be approached from either a factual or a theoretical angle, and it probably does depend on the kind of chemistry as to which is more likely to be appropriate - though I suspect that both would need to be incorporated to really excel.
I agree on rote learning and Si. I'd say that the kind of chemistry which is more Si is analytical chem: very little to elementary theory, tons of statistical work, based on hard facts and data (mainly different kind of titolations), more practice than theory. I actually was decent at it, I could adapt to the mindset needed without many problems.
I had tried to give examples of two theoretical branches (organical as opposed to physical, in fact).

I guess questions to think about regarding Si...
Do you like / are you good at rote learning?
Do you like / are you good at repetitive tasks?
Are you someone with good "attention to detail"?
How do you feel about looking back at the past?

That's all I can think of for now.
1. I struggle with rote learning, as I need to find some kind of reasoning and pattern behind what I'm studying. But I actually kind of resort to it if I'm in a hurry and I don't have time to truly understand everything.
2. My answer to this one is ambivalent. I'm more than good at repetitive tasks which need precision. If the main goal is particularly important (ie: an exam, a lab report, whatever), I'd always go for the safe, repetitive, way (and that's why I argued with another ENTP in lab lately). If I'm by myself, maybe doing something just for the sake of it and I don't have a particular goal, I can sometimes experiment.
3. Again, it depends by the situation. And once again, if I have a main goal I get super attentive about small details, as I want everything to be perfect. If I'm not I could easily not see them. But I've been told I'm actually decent at noticing changings in the environment from what I've been accustomed to, so it's complicated.
4. I do have some good memories, especially related to the senses (ie: the smell of plastic immediately makes me happy because I think of when, as I child, after asking for a console for years, I had received my first Nintendo DS), but I also do fall in the trap of the "it's always been like that, it's never gonna change" related to bad things.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
This part stroke the opposite to me. While I can engage in the physical world and can enjoy pleasurable stimuli, I used to be really reluctant with people. Something I've never been interested in is the silent rules of human interacting. I mean, I've forced myself to understand them from a Ti and Si perspective (analyzing, then placing everything in a framework confirmed if the same actions happened again under the same circumstances), but I've always struggled and didn't feel like interested in applying them. Until I moved here, in a new city, and decided that I didn't want to make the rest of my uni years even harder by having problems with socializing.

I have my own problems with socialising; to me, it's not about rules of interaction (well, I like to think it's not) but rather the Fe is in the attitude of being caring towards others, helping out and not encroaching on their individuality, but I come at Fe from an Ni/philosophical perspective rather than rules.

But I am aware that there are rules and I don't know what these are really either, so I tend to freeze up, not knowing what the appropriate action is.

As long as I conduct myself ethically, that's what counts.

I agree on rote learning and Si. I'd say that the kind of chemistry which is more Si is analytical chem: very little to elementary theory, tons of statistical work, based on hard facts and data (mainly different kind of titolations), more practice than theory. I actually was decent at it, I could adapt to the mindset needed without many problems.
I had tried to give examples of two theoretical branches (organical as opposed to physical, in fact).

Off-topic, but I have a book on chemistry that I really liked when I was in senior years of high school called "Chemical Bonding" by Audrey Companion. It goes quite a bit into the different orbitals like s, p, d etc. and I found those shapes really interesting.

I had assumed that the writer would be an N, but when I looked back at it to apply textual function analysis, I noticed that the author seemed to start each section with a miniature history lesson, thus probably being ISFJ!

1. I struggle with rote learning, as I need to find some kind of reasoning and pattern behind what I'm studying. But I actually kind of resort to it if I'm in a hurry and I don't have time to truly understand everything.
2. My answer to this one is ambivalent. I'm more than good at repetitive tasks which need precision. If the main goal is particularly important (ie: an exam, a lab report, whatever), I'd always go for the safe, repetitive, way (and that's why I argued with another ENTP in lab lately). If I'm by myself, maybe doing something just for the sake of it and I don't have a particular goal, I can sometimes experiment.
3. Again, it depends by the situation. And once again, if I have a main goal I get super attentive about small details, as I want everything to be perfect. If I'm not I could easily not see them. But I've been told I'm actually decent at noticing changings in the environment from what I've been accustomed to, so it's complicated.
4. I do have some good memories, especially related to the senses (ie: the smell of plastic immediately makes me happy because I think of when, as I child, after asking for a console for years, I had received my first Nintendo DS), but I also do fall in the trap of the "it's always been like that, it's never gonna change" related to bad things.

What I gather from 1 is that Si is not one of your stronger functions, because there are certain requirements (Ti in this case) for it to operate. And I also gather that you're adept at using Si; it's not really a weak-point for you, but something you see as important, at least in certain circumstances, and feel capable of doing.

That doesn't mean it's not the inferior function though. I'm quite confident that you're ENTP but I don't know how to make a compelling argument apart from the sequential function order approach, but that approach requires a lot of interpretation.

Feeling that things not changing would be bad might indicate inferior Si, but I can sometimes feel that the future is very daunting, though often this is tied to fearing the resurfacing of negative elements of the past. So I guess it's complex.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have my own problems with socialising; to me, it's not about rules of interaction (well, I like to think it's not) but rather the Fe is in the attitude of being caring towards others, helping out and not encroaching on their individuality, but I come at Fe from an Ni/philosophical perspective rather than rules.

But I am aware that there are rules and I don't know what these are really either, so I tend to freeze up, not knowing what the appropriate action is.

As long as I conduct myself ethically, that's what counts.
It's both. Fe's the ability to both understand and put in practise those rules, and what you've said.
The first part's always been a problem to me, the second is something I've learned to engage in during teen years. I may not be the best at understanding people from an emotional perspective (I've known plenty of ExTPs who can actively do that just with a little effort, it's not their main focus, but it's still something they can actively do without many problems), but I'm fine with helping from a logical one. I've learned that's one of the very few ways I can try to avoid complete isolation. Even if it's something I used to look for, I've been through enough during middle and high school to understand I need to find a common ground.
That's a difference I've noticed from TJs, even ExTJs. They don't care if they already have a very small circle, or they don't care at all.
While I myself can go into very strong Te streaks and I actually easily switch between Te and Ti during arguments and on the workplace, and I had some streaks about evaluating things from an ethical perspective (while usually my main focus, as soon as I get in any kind of info, is "is this bullshit or not?"), I'm pretty sure I'm not on the Te-Fi axis. Also, Ni's by far one of my worst functions, I perceive it as bs and too much narrow minded, I've really like never engaged in it. Se's been one of my major triggers in high school, I used to panic every time there was some kind of power game involved and just get the fuck out from there.

Off-topic, but I have a book on chemistry that I really liked when I was in senior years of high school called "Chemical Bonding" by Audrey Companion. It goes quite a bit into the different orbitals like s, p, d etc. and I found those shapes really interesting.
I had assumed that the writer would be an N, but when I looked back at it to apply textual function analysis, I noticed that the author seemed to start each section with a miniature history lesson, thus probably being ISFJ!
OT: one thing that blew my mind when I first studied phys chem is that the shapes you usually study are really approximative. For instance, a 2s orbital has a radial node (zone where the probability of finding an electron is zero, shaped like a shell) inside. So it's more like two spheres one inside the other.
Care about that. I've never seen a book, worst if entry level, without some kind of historical section when introducing a new chapter. Also because science history's not a subject, and you need to know where those discoveries came from. I don't think that's enough to type anyone, it could easily be just something to get the reader more accustomed to the subject. And well, for instance, without studying decently Bohr's model, it would be much harder to understand what came later.

What I gather from 1 is that Si is not one of your stronger functions, because there are certain requirements (Ti in this case) for it to operate. And I also gather that you're adept at using Si; it's not really a weak-point for you, but something you see as important, at least in certain circumstances, and feel capable of doing.

That doesn't mean it's not the inferior function though. I'm quite confident that you're ENTP but I don't know how to make a compelling argument apart from the sequential function order approach, but that approach requires a lot of interpretation.

Feeling that things not changing would be bad might indicate inferior Si, but I can sometimes feel that the future is very daunting, though often this is tied to fearing the resurfacing of negative elements of the past. So I guess it's complex.
More info: it's not that I'm always bad with the feelings things won't change. I'm often fine with it more than with change, don't get tricked by my signature. It depends on the moment. So I would agree that Si's not in the first block with the first two functions, but I feel like it's too developed and healthy to be my repressed function.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
OT: one thing that blew my mind when I first studied phys chem is that the shapes you usually study are really approximative. For instance, a 2s orbital has a radial node (zone where the probability of finding an electron is zero, shaped like a shell) inside. So it's more like two spheres one inside the other.
Care about that. I've never seen a book, worst if entry level, without some kind of historical section when introducing a new chapter. Also because science history's not a subject, and you need to know where those discoveries came from. I don't think that's enough to type anyone, it could easily be just something to get the reader more accustomed to the subject. And well, for instance, without studying decently Bohr's model, it would be much harder to understand what came later.

I feel like studying some chemistry. I was planning on it when I entered university but the first year subjects sounded rather boring and there was only a subset of the higher level subjects that sounded interesting. I majored in mathematics instead.

That typing method is I believe a good one, because the type will shine through in the writings of a textbook even, it will show the sequential ordering. I've been able to type writers through that method but of course there is no confirmation that I'm write, only a belief in my methodology.

Well I will say that there are Ni doms who are good with Se. Bruce Lee is supposedly INFJ, and there is the occassional other INFJ sportsman.

So look for the sequential ordering, only then will you know. :)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's 5 am, I'm bored.
Fuck this, I'm taking this other questionnaire:

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I remember this one is the first questionnaire I've ever taken when I first joined the site, 3 years ago. That time I'm pretty sure I had answered something like gaining knowledge. I still do, but, 3 years later there's more. Now I yearn for freedom, being able to make my own decisions in life without having other people imposing their judgement, which I often find illogical, or too narrow minded.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I can't understand a concept. When it happens, I become extremely frustrated, because it normally is something that comes really easy to me. I'd feel like I have no other good qualities left to me.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
First step, instinctive, is evaluing how much "the thing" makes sense. This is immediate and I can't control it. Then, I'd check for how others and me would feel about it, and how I'd feel about it, but I wouldn't give an absolute value to it, just insert it in the overall pro-con list.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I'm a lone wolf when working. I like to have control of the outcome because I like to work alone. This way, I'm responsible for any mistakes. I'm usually more thorough than most when following procedures, as I try to make sure that everything I do makes sense.
So the emphasis is on the outcome, and how can I work to make it better.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I'd look for resources, often books, and start reading. It'd be hard to put me at work at first as I'm easily distracted, but then I'd go into stakanovist mode.
Probably hard sciences, or linguistics. Any field I have to reason more than memorizing cold facts (for example, in high school I was really bad at literature or history, yet really good in philosophy)
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not much. My room is a mess, there's random things on the floor, and books at the end of my bed. But I'd say my mind is decently organized, it's just when I try to take ideas out that they get messed up. When following a line of reasoning (ie: uni exam, or explaining the subject to a friend), I always make sure my speech is organized and polished.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
See answer 5, I guess. I immediately evaluate if it makes sense. If it doesn't, I look for information that disproves it.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
First one. Second option, I don't even care, nor I know what do I really believe in or who I am.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Group discussions, just because I don't have to do anything: others would talk for me. In one-on-one, I'd run out of ideas really quickly, and then, awkward silence.
First part, I genuinely don't know. I'd be more inclined to say the first one, as I used to be really paranoid about how would others perceive me and I would double think everything.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I normally want to know where I am jumping before leaping. But sometimes I just enjoy the adrenaline rush of doing stupid things.
I think actions and words can both be deceptive, so they have to be evalued together.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'm staying for the show. If I don't feel like going out, there's no way you're gonna take me out my pj.
I'd just make up an excuse or pretend I didn't see the message. They can have fun also without me
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get extremely dramatic, and irrational. I start snapping at people over trivial matters. I become harsh.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I think they see me as more talkative than what I feel I am. That's because I see them only when my social batteries are full, so I can interact with no problems. After a while, I usually disappear for a few days/weeks with some excuse. They perceive me as a weirdo, and I'm fine with that. Also, my closest friends know how many problems I have with socializing and people in general.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Just what I'm doing these days: videogames, Netflix, and studying random things.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], about the discussion we've had regarding the way I write papers, I have some new infos. I realized this while clearing up the pc from all the papers I've written.

Standard procedure in lab, defined by law, is "theoretical introduction, listing of the reagents, listing of the glassware, experimental procedure, data collection, data elaboration, conclusions".
I've found the very first papers I've written, when I didn't know what the required standards were (we already had the list to follow, but I wasn't so good at following it).

The theoretical introduction per se is very small. First one, as required. Then the listings, which are correct, with range and sensitivity of the glassware and instruments needed, not so thorough with informations concerning the reagents, I'd often skip the molarity of them or add it later.
But it's in the experimental procedure that things are weird, and I think they could be useful.
This part is supposed to be slim, with just the essential, EXPERIMENTAL details.
I wouldn't. I'd start from the practical part to elaborate about the theory, instead of putting it all beforehand as first step, where it should have been. So, I'd say, "I do X because it helps obtaining Y by this theoretical concept", NOT "This is the concept. In order to achieve it, we're gonna do X and obtain Y" (this one was what was actually required in the theoretical introduction ad that I couldn't do).
After that, I'd list the gained data here, during the procedure, and elaborate it.
I'd actually miss a lot of theoretical details in the introduction because a lot seemed reduntant to me, so not needed for the level I was..
I remember I struggled a lot with writing the theoretical part first (that's also what I meant with "I'm a poor idea generator"), without the experimental part. I needed to start from it to give sense to everything in my mind.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Yes. I agree. Judging solely by your posting, you are an INTP to the MBTI.
Fe-Si verbal expression would be like this: "You walk too slowly, you are just like a snail". When they say this it means Fe-Si wants to push the person they sensates subjectively walking so slowly like a snail, to walk faster so that they won't sensate the person resembles a snail, that walks very slowly anymore. The Fe-Si empirically likes to instruct others to take some actions. My mother (identification: ESFJ) instructs me to throw the garbage away while she was busy doing something else. They are an "executive" that take actions habitually. They delegate task to others rather easily, by instructing.

Some years ago When I began researching about the typology theory, I stayed in my room for such a long time, that my mother commented: "staying in your room for a long time, you are just like "a hen" who hatches its eggs". Telling that, She instructs me not to stay in my room for such a long time and go out for another activities.