• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who can help with typing me?

LunarEclipse777

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've been stuck on my type for a while... I always thought I was an INFJ, but then reading about the cognitive functions I found INFP more fitting. ISFP, INTP and ISFJ are also types that I've considered...

I should say in advance, I suffer from depression, so that might influence some of my answers.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is very personal and cannot be defined in one word. One person might find one kind of clothes/personalities/music beautiful, and the other person could have a totally different opinion. Beauty definitely comes from inside.
Love is when two persons collide with each other. They lift each other up by sharing their weak and strong qualities. Love is beautiful.

2. What are your most important values?
Honesty, authenticity and compassion.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I consider myself a spiritual person. I'm not religious, I don't believe there is a god, or anything, but I totally accept any religion.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I have no interest in militaries. I believe war is pointless, but unfortunately not possible to avoid, it will continue to happen, just because it's in the nature of people. Power to me means standing firm for your beliefs and being able to effectively communicate it with other people.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Whenever I have long conversations, it's usually about random topics, whatever comes up basically. Sharing ideas, discussing society issues, talking about common interests (music in particular).
My interests are music, art, books and science.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Absolutely. I find it an interesting subject. I'm particularly interested in the human body (mind and physical). I've done a medical study in the past.
I'm fairly focused on my body. I'm trying to be healthy (and sufficient, trying to gain weight at the moment), get enough rest and stay active. On the other hand, I'm not interested in sports and I'm not very disciplined when it comes to sleep. :mellow:

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I find it hard to keep up with them because deep down I feel it's a waste of time and I have no patience for it. But, I understand the importance of keeping a routine, and I always find myself pushing to keep up with it as much as possible.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
My favorite genres are detectives, romance and mystery.
Recently read: Call Me By Your Name, Sherlock Holmes stories, I Still Dream About You
Recently watched: Green Book, Sherlock, Luther.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Watching other people hurting (I can feel their pain), injustice ( makes me angry as well) and more personal: feeling lost in life/feeling depressed. That all made me cry.
Animals make me smile, I feel very connected with them.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Nature, for sure a place where I feel one with the environment and a sense of belonging.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Being overly emotional, stubborn, indecisive and lazy. What I dislike about myself: being awkward around other people, impatience and procrastinating.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Being compassionate, loyal, thoughtful and understanding. What I like about myself is that I can easily make other people open up, being witty/having a good sense of humor and empathic.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I would like to help people in general. I find psychology interesting, and my dream job would be a counselor or psychiatrist.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Sometimes yeah. The causes are usually stress and a feeling of not being good enough. Too much socializing and conflicts are stress triggers for me as well. My reaction is shutting down from everything: my emotions, the environment and people close to me. I always feel like I need to 'repair' the problem myself.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like people who are deep, optimistic, outgoing, adventurous and have a good sense of humor. I get along with people who are willing to open themselves up on a deep level. Whom I can have intellectual conversations with. I dislike people who are fake and dishonest. Gossiping and backtalking is something I despise.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I'm very attracted to romance, and love in general actually. I enjoy watching other people being romantic and when I think of myself being in a romantic relationship, I get very enthusiastic. I believe in monogamy and I wish to have just one partner who I can share my life with. The qualities I want in a partner... honesty, understanding, commitment.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
Always being true to yourself, be kind to one another and be ambitious. In short: follow your heart. :wubbie:

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I would try to convince my friend that my current belief is right. I could actually get angry if I feel like he/she doesn't listen to me. Whatever happens, people have to try hard to change my beliefs.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I have mixed feelings about society. I'm positive about how things are going in general, and I have a strong belief in the powers of humans. On the other hand, I'm concerned about a few things, like the rapid improvement of technology (I consider this a prevalent social problem), wars and human rights. As a whole, I feel rather detached from society. I enjoy being an observer, not fully engaging with society. I like choosing my own path. :whistling:

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose my friends based on my gut feelings. I seem to just 'know' whether I click with a person. Common interests play a role too, I want to have something interesting to talk about.
I behave politely around them. I always try my best to up open myself up and ask them questions about their life, interests and mood. I'm extremely attentive on how they are feeling.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
At first rather cautious and suspicious (depending on the situation). I do try to be as non-judgemental as possible, ''silently'' accepting their presence. I don't enjoy being around strangers (and too many people in general) for too long.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :) and I hope it was clear enough (English is not my native language).

sexandheroin

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only think about one type when reading your post and that is INFP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
1: Fi
2: Fi
5: Ne?
6: Si
7: conscious but weak Si
9: Fi?
12: Fe perhaps
13: F
14: last sentence may indicate strong Ti/Fi
17: Fi + Te?

Overall, seems to indicate INFP but I wouldn't rule out ENFP.

19: concern with war and technology may indicate shadow Te
20: N, Fi

If you write a few posts (several lines) not in a questionnaire format I can probably determine the exact type.

Getting people to open up fits better with ENFP than INFP, so you could be an introverted sub-type of an extroverted type.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your English is great.

I'm pretty sure your enneagram is 9. And I could see quite a lot of Fi in your answers.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Authenticity makes me think Fi dom/aux of some sort. Beauty? Well, since you talk about that very early on, I'd say it's a prominent theme in your life. Given how enthusiastically you talk about it, I'd say ISFP?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
1: Fi
2: Fi
5: Ne?
6: Si
7: conscious but weak Si
9: Fi?
12: Fe perhaps
13: F
14: last sentence may indicate strong Ti/Fi
17: Fi + Te?

Overall, seems to indicate INFP but I wouldn't rule out ENFP.

19: concern with war and technology may indicate shadow Te
20: N, Fi

If you write a few posts (several lines) not in a questionnaire format I can probably determine the exact type.

Getting people to open up fits better with ENFP than INFP, so you could be an introverted sub-type of an extroverted type.

I agree with you.

I would like to add that, if Fi is strong, then the OP cant be ISFJ, INFJ or INTP.
I think that INFP is the best fit, and I see Ne in number 5 too, and I dont see any signs of Se at any questions, so I dont think you are ISFP.

LunarEclipse777

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for all the insightful responses!
I've been away for a bit and forgot about this topic...
1: Fi 2: Fi 5: Ne? 6: Si 7: conscious but weak Si 9: Fi? 12: Fe perhaps 13: F 14: last
sentence may indicate strong Ti/Fi 17: Fi + Te? Overall, seems to indicate INFP but I wouldn't rule out ENFP. 19: concern with war and technology may indicate shadow Te 20: N, Fi If you write a few posts (several lines) not in a questionnaire format I can probably determine the exact type. Getting people to open up fits better with ENFP than INFP, so you could be an introverted sub-type of an extroverted type.
I appreciate the detailed description! As for the posts, I'll talk (ramble :p) a little about how I experience stress and my friendships.
I crave a lot of alone time and I value privacy. Whenever I feel like my train of thoughts and space are intervened I get stressed and shut down. Working part time at a fast food chain made me realize this. At some point all the noises, people around me, work load and other stimuli get the best of me. I turn into a passive aggresive, impatient and cold person and I literally can't wait to retreat back into my "cave". I'm easily irritated as well as prone to daydreaming.
I have a small, select group of friends. Most friends I just see one-on-one, which is what I prefer. I have one group of 3 friends, which feels like the maximum to handle for me. Like someone else here said, I identify as type 9 on enneagram... which means I cannot manage being around a variety of people. It's too much for me to adapt to everyone and 'll just start detaching and observing.
A perfect night out for me: going out for a drink in a cozy bar or watching movies at home while relaxing. :)
One thing that popped up in my mind just yet while writing... I realise I tend to be very individualistic. Most people would, I think, describe me as a kind and helpful person, but also one who's a bit of a loner...in work and school situations I enjoy pleasing everyone (might be a bad habit too) while at the same time staying detached. I know a lot more about other people than they do about me. I enjoy having the thought that when I have my free time, I'll be able to connect with my friends. :) Being an outsider (and therefore authentic to myself) feels right for me.

Authenticity makes me think Fi dom/aux of some sort. Beauty? Well, since you talk about that very early on, I'd say it's a prominent theme in your life. Given how enthusiastically you talk about it, I'd say ISFP?

I thought about ISFP as well. Both seem very similair... Fi-dom but then there's Se in ISFP and Ne in INFP. I feel like I lean towards Ne. It becomes clear when I write down my thoughts. On the other hand, I value group harmony as well. When people around me are happy, it can certainly lift me up and feel at ease. (ISFJ?) I somehow feel a bit responsible for keeping the peace.
As for the functions, last time I took a test, I had very low Se and especially Te. Fi and Fe both very dominant and Extraverted Intuition in third. Si also quite high.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
It is interesting to note that you are interested in psychology, but judged yourself not spiritual. It sounds like contradictory to me.
Since you love to read, I recommend reading Carl Jung, Psychological Types. You can download the e-book freely on the net. Try googling.
I have some questions:

Are you interested in politics? Do you follow the political news?
Are you artistic?
How do you react to compliment?
Do you feel narcissistic?
Have you ever participated in a competition? like sports competition, art competition, beauty competition.
How do you feel your job now?
It is interesting to note that you tell us that power means to standing firm on your beliefs and being able to effectively communicate it to others. You can be a politician.
Some note on depression. You should consult a psychiatry. Depression could lead to suicide.