• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

can anyone help?

thejapanesehouse

Hey everyone,

So, while I'm not entirely new to MBTI/Jungian psychology, it has also been a long while since I've delved into these theories - I also feel like I've changed quite a lot as a person, so I've become quite unsure of my type (also, for the sake of this thread, I'm trying not to think about my previous assigned type/disclose it, just in case it has any kind of influence from here on out)

I'd say I lean towards extroversion: sometimes, all I want to do is spend all day around people, especially those who bring out my fun side; other times, I really want to shut the world off and just live in my own bubble. For all intents and purposes, though, I think I'd suffer far more psychologically if I wasn't able to interact with the outside world for a long period of time. When I'm in my head too much, I feel like I go a bit strange; I get really sad and overthink heavily unless I'm able to express thoughts and feelings to some sort of outlet: be it my diary, or a friend who understands me. With the latter, sometimes I do feel guilty for unloading on a friend; so usually I'll only talk about my problems unless I know they're in an okay place, or unless I can help them with a problem of theirs. Essentially, it's almost as if all of my problems are imaginary, and I perpetuate them with my own guilty feelings, lol. I need to have something to do or think about, or I go stir-crazy. I'm happiest when I've got a ton of projects on the go; I much prefer the feeling of concrete stress to the existential dread I get if I sit around.

I hate how emotional I am as a person as well...I feel like I'm always melancholic, or anxious, or extremely happy to the point where I feel euphoric. I feel as though I rarely feel calm, or level; I used to, I think, but I feel as though my brain is always buzzing with thoughts or situations, and I latch onto certain things for a while, and then let them go for some other thing when I've exhausted all possibilities. I've never had a romantic encounter that has matched up to the ones I've created in my head, and I'm scared that that'll never happen for me.

I've got a preoccupation with happiness, or peace, or fulfilment, or being a good person - I always want to keep everyone happy, and if I don't live up to the morals I've set myself in my head, I'm overcome with intense guilt and dismay. For example, if I've bitched about someone, I'll torture myself with it and try to 'make up' for my perceived badness. But I'm also worried about consistency: am I the same to myself as I am around other people? If people are getting different versions of me, what's best? Who is the right one? And so on.

In terms of interests, again I feel as though I have so many things on the go, with some intense interests taking priority. I've spent all day looking at maps of Russia and reading about the geography and climate of the Russian Far East. No reason, I suppose, I'm just bored and stifled...

Anyway, if anyone needs any more info, let me know and I'll write more (although I do think I'm overestimating my own importance and other people's interest in me, some abstract entity on the internet).

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey there! Did you notice our questionnaires? They're pretty cool and allow us to see more of your actual usage of functions. Right now what I here a lot of is dichotomy ideas rather than actually a focus on cognitive functions. You can be socially extraverted and still be somewhat introverted and so on. So I'd like to see you fill out a questionnaire. Post it here and @ me and I'll come back to you, okay? :) If you would like me to recommend one I can, but it is nice to let you guys experiment.

thejapanesehouse

[MENTION=33903]Hummingbird Spirit[/MENTION]

Hey! Thank you for responding to me; 'tis much appreciated. I've filled out one below:

1. How do you respond to clingy people?
This depends on the person. I have a lot of time for clingy people. Maybe they have anxiety; maybe they're insecure, feel lonely, etc. If I'm friends with a clingy person, I'll try and reassure them as much as possible, but also try and foster in them an internal resistance, ie, I'll never ignore them, but if I'm busy I'll just explain to them that I am doing X/Y/Z and will talk to them when I can. Basically, I'll just try and communicate with them: explore what they want from me/the relationship, and try to put across my point of view on the matter.

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
A deep purple for the cold parts of the planet, and light purple for the warmer parts of the planet. Basically, the deepness of the shade would correlate with the coldness of the temperature (kinda like how it does now??) I think it would make it a lot more mystical and inviting. Imagine dark purple in the moonlight, with all of the stars...very cosmically gothic.

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
I see no reason to do this, unless it's for money, charity, a bizarre dare, some weird bargain with a deity...essentially, I'd never do it just for myself. But, for some external force, then yes. I suppose that's how pretty much everything ever works, though, unless it's for a spiritual reason, then it would be for yourself (or is that too not an external force? Really, everything we internally foster is borne by an external force. The push-and-pull of life and all of that.)

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
Annoying. So, so annoying. I alternate between extreme confidence/smoothness and second-guessing everything I do. I probably give off mixed signals, but I do try to give off no signals at all. I don't want them to know that I like them (probably because in my head, I think it'll never happen)

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
When I was a kid, probably? I can't tell you that I recall it, though, so I'd be lying if you asked me to recount my experience. Although now I'm feeling like this one should be added to the bucket list.

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Not really interested in sports, not gonna lie. So, again, I feel like I can't answer this. (I could google who has the biggest net-worth in spot, pick them, and then sell their jockstrap on - in this hypothetical universe - so yeah, basically someone who is well-known and could perhaps get me some dollar that I am sorely lacking).

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
That depends on what I'm disguising myself for. Am I working for MI6? Or sneaking into a festival? If I were to change my identity completely - and if I didn't have any weird superpowers, and I just have the limitations of this physical universe, then I'd go for the classic haircut/dye. I'd wear glasses, as I don't usually. Fake tan, perhaps? I'd change my style up. I'd attempt to exude the confidence that I don't usually walk around with. I wouldn't attempt an accent - I don't think I can keep one up - but I would attempt to alter the way I speak: I speak with a lot of intonation, I use my eyebrows a ton, and I talk really, really quickly. I'd consciously slow down the way I speak, and I'd perhaps lower my voice a bit. I guess I'd try to invert what makes me the person I am currently.

8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
A tough one. I'd like to think Berlin - Berlin has a history, man. But I'm probably something like Norilsk (a bit toxic)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey there, thanks for getting back with me. Note I may ask some questions to dig deeper to be more sure of the typing too.
[MENTION=39410]thejapanesehouse[/MENTION] so you find my reply.

This depends on the person. I have a lot of time for clingy people. Maybe they have anxiety; maybe they're insecure, feel lonely, etc. If I'm friends with a clingy person, I'll try and reassure them as much as possible, but also try and foster in them an internal resistance, ie, I'll never ignore them, but if I'm busy I'll just explain to them that I am doing X/Y/Z and will talk to them when I can. Basically, I'll just try and communicate with them: explore what they want from me/the relationship, and try to put across my point of view on the matter. - suggests F over T. Fe-Ti axis has a desire learn people's cores and learn to communicate with them as well.

A deep purple for the cold parts of the planet, and light purple for the warmer parts of the planet. Basically, the deepness of the shade would correlate with the coldness of the temperature (kinda like how it does now??) I think it would make it a lot more mystical and inviting. Imagine dark purple in the moonlight, with all of the stars...very cosmically gothic. - This sounds a little T, with the logic, but also Ne with the imaginative aspect.

I see no reason to do this, unless it's for money, charity, a bizarre dare, some weird bargain with a deity...essentially, I'd never do it just for myself. But, for some external force, then yes. I suppose that's how pretty much everything ever works, though, unless it's for a spiritual reason, then it would be for yourself (or is that too not an external force? Really, everything we internally foster is borne by an external force. The push-and-pull of life and all of that.) - getting more T vibes with some Fe still.

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
Annoying. So, so annoying. I alternate between extreme confidence/smoothness and second-guessing everything I do. I probably give off mixed signals, but I do try to give off no signals at all. I don't want them to know that I like them (probably because in my head, I think it'll never happen) - this question didn't give me a type related sort of thing but CONFIDENCE YOU GOT THISSS.

When I was a kid, probably? I can't tell you that I recall it, though, so I'd be lying if you asked me to recount my experience. Although now I'm feeling like this one should be added to the bucket list. - and how long is this bucket list :p jkjk

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Not really interested in sports, not gonna lie. So, again, I feel like I can't answer this. (I could google who has the biggest net-worth in spot, pick them, and then sell their jockstrap on - in this hypothetical universe - so yeah, basically someone who is well-known and could perhaps get me some dollar that I am sorely lacking). - Hmmm Seeing some more thinking occurring here.

That depends on what I'm disguising myself for. Am I working for MI6? Or sneaking into a festival? If I were to change my identity completely - and if I didn't have any weird superpowers, and I just have the limitations of this physical universe, then I'd go for the classic haircut/dye. I'd wear glasses, as I don't usually. Fake tan, perhaps? I'd change my style up. I'd attempt to exude the confidence that I don't usually walk around with. I wouldn't attempt an accent - I don't think I can keep one up - but I would attempt to alter the way I speak: I speak with a lot of intonation, I use my eyebrows a ton, and I talk really, really quickly. I'd consciously slow down the way I speak, and I'd perhaps lower my voice a bit. I guess I'd try to invert what makes me the person I am currently. - you have some serious imagination ngl…

A tough one. I'd like to think Berlin - Berlin has a history, man. But I'm probably something like Norilsk (a bit toxic)

So at this moment, with the answers I have, I lean toward something Fe-Ti axis. xNTP or xSFJ. I am seeing more logic come out of you than actual feeler stuff, so I lean on xNTP. I currently vibe ENTP with the high Ne usage I am noticing. So that would be my guess at the moment. If you have more questions, ask away!

thejapanesehouse

Hey there, thanks for getting back with me. Note I may ask some questions to dig deeper to be more sure of the typing too.

[MENTION=39410]thejapanesehouse[/MENTION] so you find my reply.

This depends on the person. I have a lot of time for clingy people. Maybe they have anxiety; maybe they're insecure, feel lonely, etc. If I'm friends with a clingy person, I'll try and reassure them as much as possible, but also try and foster in them an internal resistance, ie, I'll never ignore them, but if I'm busy I'll just explain to them that I am doing X/Y/Z and will talk to them when I can. Basically, I'll just try and communicate with them: explore what they want from me/the relationship, and try to put across my point of view on the matter. - suggests F over T. Fe-Ti axis has a desire learn people's cores and learn to communicate with them as well.

A deep purple for the cold parts of the planet, and light purple for the warmer parts of the planet. Basically, the deepness of the shade would correlate with the coldness of the temperature (kinda like how it does now??) I think it would make it a lot more mystical and inviting. Imagine dark purple in the moonlight, with all of the stars...very cosmically gothic. - This sounds a little T, with the logic, but also Ne with the imaginative aspect.

I see no reason to do this, unless it's for money, charity, a bizarre dare, some weird bargain with a deity...essentially, I'd never do it just for myself. But, for some external force, then yes. I suppose that's how pretty much everything ever works, though, unless it's for a spiritual reason, then it would be for yourself (or is that too not an external force? Really, everything we internally foster is borne by an external force. The push-and-pull of life and all of that.) - getting more T vibes with some Fe still.

Annoying. So, so annoying. I alternate between extreme confidence/smoothness and second-guessing everything I do. I probably give off mixed signals, but I do try to give off no signals at all. I don't want them to know that I like them (probably because in my head, I think it'll never happen) - this question didn't give me a type related sort of thing but CONFIDENCE YOU GOT THISSS.

When I was a kid, probably? I can't tell you that I recall it, though, so I'd be lying if you asked me to recount my experience. Although now I'm feeling like this one should be added to the bucket list. - and how long is this bucket list :p jkjk

Not really interested in sports, not gonna lie. So, again, I feel like I can't answer this. (I could google who has the biggest net-worth in spot, pick them, and then sell their jockstrap on - in this hypothetical universe - so yeah, basically someone who is well-known and could perhaps get me some dollar that I am sorely lacking). - Hmmm Seeing some more thinking occurring here.

That depends on what I'm disguising myself for. Am I working for MI6? Or sneaking into a festival? If I were to change my identity completely - and if I didn't have any weird superpowers, and I just have the limitations of this physical universe, then I'd go for the classic haircut/dye. I'd wear glasses, as I don't usually. Fake tan, perhaps? I'd change my style up. I'd attempt to exude the confidence that I don't usually walk around with. I wouldn't attempt an accent - I don't think I can keep one up - but I would attempt to alter the way I speak: I speak with a lot of intonation, I use my eyebrows a ton, and I talk really, really quickly. I'd consciously slow down the way I speak, and I'd perhaps lower my voice a bit. I guess I'd try to invert what makes me the person I am currently. - you have some serious imagination ngl…

So at this moment, with the answers I have, I lean toward something Fe-Ti axis. xNTP or xSFJ. I am seeing more logic come out of you than actual feeler stuff, so I lean on xNTP. I currently vibe ENTP with the high Ne usage I am noticing. So that would be my guess at the moment. If you have more questions, ask away!

Hey, thanks so much for getting back to me!

(and yes, the bucket list is rather long. Appreciate the comment about my imagination, I'd like to think I have somewhat of an imagination...)

My question would be: I consider myself quite an emotional person - I would never do anything to upset anyone, I usually avoid confrontation but I will have a discussion with someone if I need to. I avoid arguments like the plague. Would that suggest high Fe? What does it mean following the Fe-Ti axis - would it be, for example, I don't like upsetting people (Fe) but I know that, if something needs to be discussed/said, I will do it calmly and logically (Ti)?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, thanks so much for getting back to me!

(and yes, the bucket list is rather long. Appreciate the comment about my imagination, I'd like to think I have somewhat of an imagination...)

My question would be: I consider myself quite an emotional person - I would never do anything to upset anyone, I usually avoid confrontation but I will have a discussion with someone if I need to. I avoid arguments like the plague. Would that suggest high Fe? What does it mean following the Fe-Ti axis - would it be, for example, I don't like upsetting people (Fe) but I know that, if something needs to be discussed/said, I will do it calmly and logically (Ti)?

absolutely suggests Fe. Fe thinks more of the collective whole and how ripples effect the whole than Fi - which is interior focused and actually more likely to exchange passions and possibly even rock the boat (of course many Fi's are also E9's so sometimes that is hard to see)