• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me crack this code

What is my type?

• ESTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • INTJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

KarmaButterfly

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trying this again for the last time:

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

Late twenties, I'm from Korea but have lived abroad for so long and have a non traditional family, so I don't think that plays a part. I don't think my issues (anxiety) is affecting me at all right now. No, I don't really follow religion and don't really align with a political party too much.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

ESTP and ENTJ. I've been told to not count xSTJ or INTJ out, so there's that. Also would like to settle my stack, I believe I'm a 3w4/8w7/7w8 sx.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

To be happy, obviously, to get what I want out of it.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Sloth. Unfortunately unless I'm into something I'm way too self indulgent, dedicating myself to things that are very interesting/fun, but don't amount to anything.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

Nice (polite, friendly, respectful) people, soft, conscientious, earnest, affectionate.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

I wasn't able to discern a clear pattern, but generally people who are more passive, much less assertive or outspoken than me.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Dishonest, manipulative, self entitled, arrogant, self righteous, selfish, slobs.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Long term determination: people who can endure very unsatisfying, unfulfilling present conditions for extended periods of time, for future rewards. Not so self conscious: not agonizing whether you're good enough and just going for it.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I'm a pretty irritable person and quite impatient, but I've very rarely have raged. It's hard for me to conceal anger, and I can't stand passive aggressive people: if you have something to say, say it to my face. I hate letting issues fester, let's resolve this right now. I hate when people say "its ok" when it clearly isn't, it makes me mad.

b) Shame

Unfortunately for myself my fear of humiliation for falling short/failing it's the biggest demon I've ever faced in my life. In fact if my life was a movie the theme would be getting over this paralyzing fear. It's weird though, because for a long time now it's very hard for others to shame me, it's mostly that I feel embarrassed on my own, if that makes sense, even if others are praising me.

c) Fear

In the past I used to get incredibly anxious and just jump to the worst conclusions, terrible scenarios. I've been diagnosed with anxiety that for a while brought hypochondria on, so keep that in mind. Weirdly enough (or not) this episodes happen when something specific came up, a possible big problem. But in general my simmering ever present anxiety (about actually achieving my goals, making something of myself) is dealt with through sheer escapism. Both mental (daydreaming) or video marathons, reading on my interests for hours (rabbit holes really), analyzing things and people for fun.

d) Love/passion

Love for life, myself and my favorite thing in the world: music. Passion is everything, without it how can you live? You have to at least be passionate about being alive.

e) Conflict

Don't look for it but also don't run from it. It's something that can't be ignored.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I already answered that, oops. To reiterate: get over my own fear of inadequacy and ridiculous high standards for myself, and actually try to achieve what I've been dreaming of my whole life. Turn a fantasy and potential into a reality. God, it sounds like a Disney thing.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I'm a translator and interpreter, it happened because my mom suggested it since very few people actually speak English in Korea, or Korean internationally. I do love what I do, it's just not my passion at all. My ideal is to be a performer.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

How they come across: everything about their body language, how they talk etc. But it's not a conscious thing, I only realized I did that after many years.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

Humanity is good and capable of the most extraordinary things. Unfortunately we have a huge number of human looking soulless creatures creating sufferment for others running around. People are disconnect from their selfs and obsessed with their images, completely ignoring anything that comes within that isn't self indulgence and self entitlement. They don't think for themselves and buy anything the media/celebrities tell them.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Anything involving music and typology, color theory. I also love photography, movie/literary analysis, fashion and culinary (watching, not really dong it myself).

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I love discussing our common interests, and experiencing together if possible. Like watching our favorite artists and then spending hours talking about it. Also doing things like karaoke, roller skating.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions. Words mean a lot to me and I refuse to accept "I didn't mean that" in my life. But at the end of the day, words are pretty and easy to say, and I only trust deeds.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

To be immortal, of course. To begin with, I don't see it as a curse at all. Sure, it's possible I'd lose people I love and that's terrible. But I believe humans were intended to be immortal anyway, and our spirits, which is what we really are, are immortal. To prevail,to see everything happen, that'd be neat. But above else: living my passion forever.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I don't want to be in the future what I am now: just a dreamer. I also would hate to be a bitter person taking out on others my unsatisfaction in life. The world is already full of them.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I'm pretty obsessive with my interests, if I find something I like is like a drug, I fall into rabbit holes. I've never merged with others. I want to find a group I belong to and have many friends of all walks of life. But I don't know if that's "merging".

8) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

Messy as hell, but very organized in my head (everything has its own category, ranking, priority etc). Plans and blueprints, but a lot of room to change my mind. I can't have all up in the air but also can't feel trapped. I always have a goal and an idea of how to get there, but circumstances change and so I adapt or change course.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Comfort is what makes me feel good, I know what it is and try to surround myself with that.

20) What makes you feel inferior?

Whenever I fail to live up tom my high expectations, when somebody bits me at my own game or when I lose control and show something I didn’t mean for people to see.

21) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

The best outcome for me, obviously. I strive for win-win, but if I can’t get it (very rare) I’ll pick the option that offers me the best buy for the lowest price. What will give me the most of what I want with the least of what I don’t? Usually the best option is crystal clear to me because it’s given by my intuition (which is why I consider myself very lucky), but when it isn’t I might have to resort to weigh pros and cons and in the very rare occurance, ask for advice.

22) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else ?

a) That I am so honest about who I am, what I want, what I believe in and I don’t compromise or take any shit regarding all this. I am what I am, and you take it or leave it because I’m sure not gonna change to fit in or please you.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Just came here to say that somebody cares to help but...

I am confusdc about you being ENTJ or ESTP. Hard to tell, really. All I know is that you are not the classic-stereotype ENTJ and neither the classic-stereo ESTP. I need more information.

I apologize if this sounds a little lazy, but have you done any cognitive functions "test"? There is one in this website and many in others. Having some of them posted would help (just one is not reliable enough). You could continue with the question-answer thing but I think it wouldnt make things any clear. Or you could read about the function stacks and order your own preference, but I recommend you to do only after the doing the "tests".

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram wise, I'm seeing 7 and 1. Not sure on the heart. I'm also seeing a lot of Fi. I'd guess either so/sx or sp/so.