• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could use help on type (video)

Snakewise

I've done a type me thread before and I do seem to get a lot of people saying the same thing, but this was a while ago and I still struggle. Very first time I took an MBTI test I got INFP. I kinda relate to a lot to INTP. Type me posts usually have people saying ISTP, but of course the stereotype makes me question it even though I know it's just, well, uh, a stereotype... Anyway, just thought I'd post it here to see what anyone thinks. I actually made it a while ago for Reddit and honestly I hate watching myself so I don't even remember what I said, but have a look if you want and tell me what you think.

Addition (5/23): Figured I'd add my original post from a couple of years ago. (Of which is formatted not so much because I type like that, but for ease of people reading it)

Trying to figure out type.

Last edited:

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I only watched about 4 mins but first impressions wise...I wondered about introvert (and I see you said you always score as an introvert)
And wrt enneagram, I am wondering if you might in the 5-6 area. How do you relate to type 5?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I see some Te function working with Fe. You defintiely think like an INTP......but I would not rule out ISTP.

Snakewise

I only watched about 4 mins but first impressions wise...I wondered about introvert (and I see you said you always score as an introvert) And wrt enneagram, I am wondering if you might in the 5-6 area. How do you relate to type 5?
I alternate between 4 and 5 on Enneagram tests. On another thread here I just recently did the TrueSelf Tritype test and got 5-4-9 sp.
(Sorry for not replying earlier when you guys posted, but I was expecting a notification for replies and didn't realize there were some already.)

Snakewise

I see some Te function working with Fe. You defintiely think like an INTP......but I would not rule out ISTP.
Well they both share the same dominant thinking function. Makes sense. I pretty much always get people saying ISTP when I do these type me threads. I just wasn't too confident with having been typed by people just reading my text instead of being able to see me in person. Especially since I tend to overlook mistakes in my typing and end up going back to edit once I notice the mistake after posting.

Funny enough, I have doubts about ISTP because of the stereotypes, yet I think about maybe being INTP because, well, the stereotype is that they're nerds, though I'm more of a geek. And yes, there's a difference.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] - Is it just me, or does this guy present super similarly to how I did in my video? I think I was more painfully nervous, but the facial expressions, intonation, slightly smug/mischievous/rebellious undertone.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with ISTJ 6w5 Sp? Probably with 4 and either 1 or 9.

I thought you had an Fe smile but then noticed some Fi sneering when you started talking about the whole fork thing. Take that with a grain of salt because I'm not good at Vultology. In fact, I'm not really good at anything besides Enneagram and instincts.

My video results came back as INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx, 649, but they were self-proclaimed experts so take that as you may.

I also test as a core 4 and relate more to that than 6w7 because of how insanely image conscious I am and how intentionally weird I tend to be with my "presentation", when I am actually getting out of myself that is.

Snakewise

I'd hope I wasn't an ISTJ. I'm comparing to stereotypes for sure, but I'd be the worst ISTJ possible. Lazy (I haven't had or looked for a job in 6 months & like spendning all my time on my computer), messy (my room looks like a landfill) and with the worst worth-ethic imaginable (I usually stay at a job for a few months, get fed-up with micromanaging and rules & regulations and then quit (I'm temperamental)).

I'm surprised you got typed as INFP and 6w7. I know correlations aren't perfect, but you test as a core-4 and they typed you as an INFP and that's the type 4 correlation.

If anyone is curious about some other tests I've done, whether correlations work or not, I score as RLUEI on the SLOAN test (basically I'm high on openness and neuroticism (which would skewer some things in my video typing probably), and super low on everything else), IAR as my Holland Code, and I did the Clifton Strengthsfinder for the hell of it and was in order for top 5: Intellection, Adaptability, Input, Relator, and Context.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'd hope I wasn't an ISTJ. I'm comparing to stereotypes for sure, but I'd be the worst ISTJ possible. Lazy (I haven't had or looked for a job in 6 months & like spendning all my time on my computer), messy (my room looks like a landfill) and with the worst worth-ethic imaginable (I usually stay at a job for a few months, get fed-up with micromanaging and rules & regulations and then quit (I'm temperamental)). I'm surprised you got typed as INFP and 6w7. I know correlations aren't perfect, but you test as a core-4 and they typed you as an INFP and that's the type 4 correlation.

If anyone is curious about some other tests I've done, whether correlations work or not, I score as RLUEI on the SLOAN test (basically I'm high on openness and neuroticism (which would skewer some things in my video typing probably), and super low on everything else), IAR as my Holland Code, and I did the Clifton Strengthsfinder for the hell of it and was in order for top 5: Intellection, Adaptability, Input, Relator, and Context.

I will have to watch your video again, look into some resources, and give it a good thought again for your functions, but my thinking was Si over Se, and Si>Ne. I don't get a sense of broad social ethics from you as much as I get a sense of collective logic/efficiency, and there was a hefty dose of "this is what I like and don't like", so I was thinking subjective preference but more from the feeling side than the thinking, so Fi.

But ultimately and admittedly, I am drawing from the tone of your communication and sense of humor, and also visual similarities in your facial expression to an ISTJ I knew. Your smile does look Fe but as I said, I am not comfortable calling myself any sort of pro in that realm.

I also test as xLUEI, I've gotten both SLUEI and RLUEI. For awhile, I was typing as ENFP 4 Sp/Sx, but I've also considered INFP 4 or 6 (there are so many different systems that use functions and the results aren't parallel).

I wouldn't invest too much into correlations though because I think that's extremely limiting in a reality where there are 8 billion people on the planet. Surely if 3,000+ people are ending up in the ER annually after getting foreign objects stuck up their ass, there's probably at least one INFJ 8 or ENTJ 4 somewhere. ;)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Seriously though... the way you move your eyes/brows, the squinting, the way you shake your head when you talk... it's kinda creeping me out how similar it is to me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
And the whole folding in of the lips. It's super weird how similar it is. I was more tense though, lower energy.

Snakewise

Well if those similarties get in the way or anything, you can always look at that previous type me thread from a few years ago I linked to in the original post :p. I'm curious though about if there are any other similarities not related to my physical expressions you notice. Mainly just bringing that up because if you've been typed as INFP and you've been noticing similarities from me first and foremost, well I think you can guess where I'm going.

As for the social ethics thing, I woud say that depends. I'm pretty much a stickler for the rules of the road when driving not so because the rules themselves, but because I feel like people speeding, tailgating, do rolling stops at the stopsign and such just completely feels like they don't give two s****s about other people on the road. Or as I'm waiting in a car at a shopping center, I see carts left all over the place. It's like people don't care about the workers or people that want to park. (Btw, havig worked as a cart pusher, carts left all over the place is the least of worries. People leave used diapers in them. I mean holly hell, have some decency for other people, folks. An co-worker when I was doing this job found a box of syringes in a cart. Yikes.)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] - Is it just me, or does this guy present super similarly to how I did in my video? I think I was more painfully nervous, but the facial expressions, intonation, slightly smug/mischievous/rebellious undertone.

Yes, I can see some similarities.

Also, if I recall correctly, I think pauses without the sort of nervous energy are supposed to be 9-ish. I'll come back and watch all of it more closely later. :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
As for the social ethics thing, I woud say that depends. I'm pretty much a stickler for the rules of the road when driving not so because the rules themselves, but because I feel like people speeding, tailgating, do rolling stops at the stopsign and such just completely feels like they don't give two s****s about other people on the road. Or as I'm waiting in a car at a shopping center, I see carts left all over the place. It's like people don't care about the workers or people that want to park. (Btw, havig worked as a cart pusher, carts left all over the place is the least of worries. People leave used diapers in them. I mean holly hell, have some decency for other people, folks. An co-worker when I was doing this job found a box of syringes in a cart. Yikes.)

This stuff sounds potentially Si-Te to me. My ex-boyfriend was very much like this. Also, Si is concerned with physical comfort, so it can absolutely be lazy. It's not impossible to be Si-Fi either, as in those could be someone's top two preferred functions.

Snakewise

I guess I should say my motivation behind typing myself. I want to know who I am and where I belong (for lack of a better term). I have trouble knowing what my cognitive functions are and I have no clue what I want to do for a living. Only time I was doing good was when I was on stage. Doing school plays was a tremendous help for me. Went from a Straight F student (I was expelled at one point for refusing to do anything) to moving to another school, getting into plays on a whim and improving to As and Bs because there was at least something I looked forward to. Guess it was because it let me express myself, or at least jump out of my shell.

Okay, it probably helped that some of my teachers were, well, lax. I like to have fun, not be bogged down with responsibility. I think that says more about my maturity level (or lack thereof), depression, ADD and to tie into that, thinking life is boring and wanting to live out other lives or delve into fantasy to combat mundane existence than it does type and functions. (This is me coming out of my shell btw.)

Anyway, First time I did this there (as noted it was done on Reddit) wasn't much in response and some have been deleted, but I'll link it anyway.
Type Me - Thoroku edition : JungianTypology

I have some responses in terms of the debate of if you flip the last letter or not between socionics and mbti because the main reponse I got was in the form of socionics. I'm of the opinion that the functions are flipped (Si sounds more like Se in that to me, etc), but ISTP (per socionics, as an example) is ISTP in MBTI, not flipped to ISTJ.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Okay, so I'm reconsidering INxP, and full disclosure: I'm learning as we go here.

You seem you have both rigidity and looseness, but coming from different angles. What I mean is there seems to be what is potentially a Ji center grounding which looks withdrawn and firm, but you also seem to have a fluidity/wiggle that I *think* may be Pe. You communicate like a sensor, but that doesn't mean you can't be an intuitive.

Anyway, don't learn this shit from me. Check out cognitivetype.com for more visual cues. This however is NOT the same as Jungian functions/Meyer's Briggs.

Snakewise

I'm just trying to be thorough. I spent a lot of time just reading about this stuff (that's my thing. I get curious about stuff and read a lot about different things. Or physical wise, I can and will wind up miles from my house in the few times I drive places because I'm curious as to where a road leads. Or at least that's how I justify taking a wrong turn, lol.

Got off track there, but going back to the point, I figure more info i give, the more it helps any potential typers understand me a bit more for a better / more confident guess or speculation. A confident guess. Why does that make me laugh?

In other words, I'm talking to everyone that may enter this thread. At least if they're like me, they'll read it as if its happening present-tense and as if they were always part of this thread. If any of that makes sense. I get in trouble a lot because people don't always follow what I'm saying. Or I'll make a joke about something in the room I noticed or something that was said and people don't quite follow me. I'm pretty sure I'm weird. I don't see it persay, but I get that impression from people. Or contrary to what it looks like here, I had a co-worker say, "Kyle, you don't say much, but when you do it's gold."

tl;dr Regardless, I appreciate your input in this thread.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I hadn't checked your Reddit thread before and it gives me great satisfaction to see others saying SiTe because that's honestly my first inclination. We would still be similar because ISTJ and INFP share the same functions and are both Delta quad (Deltas are notorious for having dry/offbeat humor, btw). If you compare our body movements (and I know you can't really because I've only shared short clips), I do a lot more moving and adjusting in my body in a swaying movement, and you seem to move your head more. I didn't see you talk with your hands at all either.

It's useful to be able to see your body from the waist up, which is why I shot mine lower.

Frankly, Si stuck out immediately to me, and then I picked up on the Fi, which seems preferred over Te in you. Your critiques of others sound like Te irritation, and I actually had some of that in my video, and you can see me getting "punchy" about it physically.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick with ISTJ for now.

Snakewise

Well the one person who typed me in that thread gave me MBTI ISTJ, but also gave me Socionics SLI-ISTp. Some say you switch the last letter and thus SLI-ISTp converts to ISTJ in MBTI because of the cognitive functions, but some think the type descriptions throw that off. Socionics is of course a different system with different interpretations of the cognitive functions, but that doesn't stop people from trying to convert them.

Anyway, in this case, LSI-ISTj shares the same functions as MBTI ISTP (Ti-Se), but it's description sounds far more like MBTI ISTJ and is nicknamed "The Inspector."

SLI-ISTP is Si-Te like MBTI ISTJ, but it is described like the MBTI ISTP and is nicknamed "The Artisan."

I've seen a lot of debates about converting and people of course have their own viewpoints on which is correct and which isn't depending on if they think Socionics interprets the functions the same or not.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Well the one person who typed me in that thread gave me MBTI ISTJ, but also gave me Socionics SLI-ISTp. Some say you switch the last letter and thus SLI-ISTp converts to ISTJ in MBTI because of the cognitive functions, but some think the type descriptions throw that off. Socionics is of course a different system with different interpretations of the cognitive functions, but that doesn't stop people from trying to convert them.

Anyway, in this case, LSI-ISTj shares the same functions as MBTI ISTP (Ti-Se), but it's description sounds far more like MBTI ISTJ and is nicknamed "The Inspector."

SLI-ISTP is Si-Te like MBTI ISTJ, but it is described like the MBTI ISTP and is nicknamed "The Artisan."

I've seen a lot of debates about converting and people of course have their own viewpoints on which is correct and which isn't depending on if they think Socionics interprets the functions the same or not.

Either way, I'm seeing Si-Te.
Also, I deleted my post with the footage of myself because it doesn't feel worth it to keep it up (just informing you).
Good luck on your typing journey.