• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire Answers

Gwyn

Hello! This is a questionnaire that attempts to discern one's type by analyzing one's focus in everyday situations.

1. During your youth (7'ish to 18), What did you focus on the most? What activities did you like and why? What aspect of life was lax in attention?
-I was very into learning. I loved books. If family asked what I should have for my birthday my parents would say for them to buy me books. I also liked the underdog. I would read about stories about outsiders (Quasimodo or Edward Scissorhands)... I empathized with such characters. When I was younger, academics weren't my strong suit, meaning I wasn't very organized and I would break down and cry when things that were due we're reaching the deadline.
I wanted to initially be a primatologist, but when my grade in English was a B, I hyper focused on English and wasn't as good at math and science anymore.

2. You're in you senior year of high school (or whatever equivalent) and you are looking back over the last couple of years. What was your favorite aspect of the schooling experience and why? Favorite subject and why?
-back in high school my favorite class was English. All of my English teachers were firm, played by the rules, but were kind. I felt safe as they set and maintained boundaries. I only remember really loving theater and being in plays. It felt like a small family and I could be a completely different person. I also had memories hanging out in the library during lunch due to social anxiety.

3. A couple of friends call and invite you out to a restaurant. While there, you all are pleasantly conversing and one of your friends makes a comment that irked you. What are you're thoughts and how do you respond?
-my thoughts tend to be "they are an insensitive person." Yet if that person truly is insensitive (and it wasn't just an accident or blurt) it is often dismissed in my conscience as "I can't expect them to change, they have to want to", so though it may still bother me feelingns wise, I will keep in mind how they're apt to say something insensitive or unkind.

4. Your schooling is done and it's time to strike out into the world!! What sort of career do you want to go into and why?
-I'm going into a teaching credential program for Special Education. I feel more comfortable working with these students, they have a good sense of humor and care about others. I also appreciate how they are all different in interests and personalities, and I'm glad to have a profession where I can accept people for who they are and promote their strengths. I'm also a writer, which gives me the chance to escape into another world (typically science fiction). Other than this, I would be content with being a stage hand at a theater, so log as I got to work in a theater. So long as I could provide for myself.

5. A friend is getting married and they put you in charge of the cake. You narrowed it down to two places to make an order. The first is a bakery with whom you got a good relationship with. The other is a well-known cake maker to whom everyone goes to (your friend hints to it as well). Which one do you choose and why?
-I choose the one the friend hints toward. I'm willing to check something else out. I may have felt slighted at first with them not taking my suggestion, but I wouldn't show it, and how much it would mean to the person to pick their choice would outweigh my own bias.

6. You get into an argument with a friend/family member/co-worker. They criticize one of your personality traits. What would most likely be the focus of their critique?
-hm, that I'm indecisive, picky(overidealistic), or would relate their story to a similar experience of mine.

7. It's New Years! You and your friends are out and about after a party. Being , one of your friends suggests to do something....'questionable' (Nothing serious.What are your thoughts and how do you respond?
-I most likely wouldn't be hanging out, probably wouldn't have even gone to the party. However, I would still tell them I wasn't comfortable with it and try to redirect us to a more wholesome activity.

8. A new art gallery opens up and your friend wants to go to the grand opening. Both of you analyze all the paintings and sculptures. What about these works warrants the most attention from you? Why?
-Something that makes me feel placid/at peace. It could be an abstract piece and the design could warrant peacefulness and I may not even know why.

9. You have been saving up and decide to buy a new car. At the dealership, you peruse the lots. What are the criteria and factors that influence your choice? Which one would initially be your main focus?
-It would have to have meaning behind the car. Something like a principled or favorite character drove a similar vehicle. I also want something affordable though. A character may be driving a green wagon, I would choose a forest green car to emulate that characters essence.

10. Yep, you now have a kid ()! Years pass and they are now 15 years old. You notice their personality traits are the complete opposite of how you were when at their age. Describe how they are. Describe the possible conflicts that would arise between both of you due to differing temperaments.
-The kiddo would probably be rebellious, into outward appearances, materialism. They would be very matter of fact and not care about things such as symbolism. I would still love and accept my child, but it would be hard to deal with an entitled attitude which harbors insensitivity. Granted I wouldn't try to change their likes or hobbies, but I would positively reinforce qualities in which my child was showing kindness towards themselves and others

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I think you are INFP.
Sorry for late answers, it just happens.
Here´s why:

- Fi: Sensitive, idealistic, like those who care about others, appreciatte kindness (english is not my first language). "I empathized with such characters. "I also liked the underdog".
- Ne: "I also appreciate how they are all different in interests and personalities"; " which gives me the chance to escape into another world (typically science fiction)"
- Si: Good with language (these are INFPs traits that comes from Si).
- Te (lack of): Couldnt find clear signs, but not being good at sciences and maths is a sign of lack of Te, but that would be a bit of stereotyping.

- I: Cant see it clearly, only through function stacks.
- N: Abstraction, "It would have to have meaning behind the car.", "to emulate that characters essence" (taking essence as deep essence), " It could be an abstract piece and the design could warrant peacefulness and I may not even know why."
- F: Being sensitive, values, already explained in Fi. Also, " I would break down and cry", it is expected in MBTI that you dont cry in front of others, but in a room alone.
- P: "Granted I wouldn't try to change their likes or hobbies","that I'm indecisive", "meaning I wasn't very organized and I would break down and cry when things that were due we're reaching the deadline." (the crying does belong to the F-Fi part)

I did a little bit of stereotyping to shortcut, sorry for that, and, well, since I did a lot of quoting you may need to look and search about the Fi-Ne-Si-Te thing on the internet if you dont know what they would mean, or search a little bit about MBTI, but I see clearly you as INFP, in a very typical INFP way. I see you as the one few cases that MBTI works super fine and with no "PSs" or "buts".

Wonder why no one answered before since typing you was easy, I already had answered "I dont know", "maybe you are A or B, I just dont know", and, well, it happens to get not answered, I know Im late but late is better than never, hope you ever read this. Cheers :bye:

Gwyn

Hello Vendrah.
That’s alright! Thank you for answering my questionnaire :) it’s much appreciated. It really helps to get clarification, and don’t worry about stereotyping :) my main objective in figuring out my type is to work on balance and self awareness with my weaknesses and I don’t mind the analysis with this.
Hope you’re having a good week!