User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

I get an INFJ vibe from the way you write, although I'm not sure why. You seem like an INFJ to me.
    Almost too Ti to function.
    Likes cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

I guess this is what I had in mind, kind of, with also the questionnaire I answered above....

People Don't Actually Know Themselves Very Well - The Atlantic - Pocket

I also was hoping INFPs and INFJs would check this post out and, by reading this questionnaire, go- "yes, this resonates with me", or "this is exactly how I think, too"....
    I dunno, some camaraderie in a world that I consider crazy and confusing. Anyway. Thanks to those of you who have read this post, and for those of you that gave input.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Which do you resonate with more, P or J?
    It's that simple. The MBTI does not in any way shape nor form actually test for any functions-in-attitudes.

Seriously, P or J. That's it.

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Part of the problem is that things aren't terribly objective when it comes to typing; so everyone will have an opinion. Too, I think it can be common to think that one thing someone writes reflects X function and only X function - whereas the reality is that a) While it might indicate that function, that doesn't mean the person still isn't another type (Meaning: everyone can and will utilize every function in certain situations or at certain times); or b) that function might not be the *only* possibility and it could be another two different functions that are going on; it might be much more complicated than what appears on the surface. Things like that.

Also, regarding Fi/Fe specifically, that's really muddy. Like I said earlier, I'd say many/most INFJ's on this site have related moreso to Fi descriptions than Fe (thus the fact that you relate to Fe says a lot) --- so there's nothing out there that says Fe users won't still have their own sets of values and beliefs, interests, passions, and the like, or that Fe users are incapable of setting their own boundaries/asserting their own needs or holding fast to those beliefs. (INTP's often 'relate' a lot more to Fi vs Fe as well).

I'm not in a position to 'know' what your type is; all I'm saying is that nothing you wrote goes against INFJ, and to me had more of an emphasis on what Fe is traditionally understood to be. Additionally, INFJ's often have a pretty deep emotional well and are often extremely introspective and that includes looking at and trying to know their own internal state - which some might think is Fi-ish. I'd say you're exhibiting the 'pattern' of what used to happen early on in the forum -- pretty much every INFJ back then (including myself) would eventually become very confused with Fi/Fe, and while when joining the site were very clear that they were FJ in preference, that quickly disintegrated once functions came into play. Functions are a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmoon View Post
    I get an INFJ vibe from the way you write, although I'm not sure why. You seem like an INFJ to me.
    Thanks. This is helpful.
    I like your "Almost too Ti to function", bti.. I sometimes feel like I am "almost too Ni to function"
    Likes wildmoon liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

My responses are in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by cacaia;3124179[B
    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?[/B]
    That's a tough question. I think it's a shame to not have purpose in your life. I struggle to understand people who are selfish, who do not finish school and do not improve themselves; people who are not organ donors (they're not going to use their organs when they die, so why not let someone else that needs it have it???)
    I guess the short answer is: I yearn to help and inspire as many people as possible before I die. I yearn to help the next generation be better than this generation, and take care of the Earth's issues and the people and animals that live herein. And I hope other people will do the same after I am gone.

My answer to this question would be much more centered on my self, something along the lines of grand sweeping love. And I'd probably mention how I wanted to help people and animals, but it would be focused on a smaller scale. Now these differences could just be differing values (if we were both INFPs) or they could be instinctual variant differences (I'm sx/sp, you're so/sp).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
    I usually consider the people or animals my decision will affect. I weigh the pros and cons very carefully, and then make a decision about what is best for most people or animals in that given situation.

I wouldn't make a decision based on what is best for most people or animals, but rather what I think is right. That may coincide with what is best for the most, but it also might not. I would not easily sacrifice one for many. Similar comments as above, in regards to whether this is Fi vs Fe, Fi vs Fi with differing values, or sx/sp vs so/sp.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
    This is probably the toughest question LOL. When I was in nature, by myself, feeling the power of the forest, and being in absolute awe of everything surrounding me, how everything is interconnected, and what a true miracle it is that we can all be this connected, from the smallest little atom to the biggest burning stars. It is almost a spiritual feeling- it makes you feel drunk with awe. It makes you think of all the gods and goddesses- old and new- and understand them.

I love being in nature also, though I don't concentrate so much on the interconnectedness, but on just being in the moment and enjoying all the beauty and wonder.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    I guess I need to make sure everyone is feeling OK and comfortable (psychologically- I do not like to necessarily take physical care of people). I will always believe what I think it's right, but I won't necessarily speak my mind at all times for the sake of the group, unless something really offensive is happening.

The latter answer in the question is more important to me than the former, though they are both important. I do strive to help people. But there are values I have to follow.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    I prefer one on one communications and I mostly am impulsive and speak before thinking.

In general, I think before speaking. I prefer one on one, but also enjoy some groups.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    I have no idea. I truly do not know. But I think that if there is no absolute danger, words speak more than actions.

I like to know where I'm jumping before I leap.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    Inwardly, I get frustrated. Outwardly, I remember to breathe and I try to talk in as much a calm voice as I can. This happens with people outside of my family. My immediate family knows me inside out, and I would probably be short with them, apologizing when I am calmer again. I also binge eat, and if I continue to be stressed out after that, I start to blame myself for the littlest things.

The bolded sounds like inferior Se.
    I can relate to a lot of what you say. And I can sympathize with trying to figure out INFJ vs INFP (I tend to get INFJ on dichotomy based tests). I strongly identify with Fi, and Ne. I can see myself use Fe. But Ni is an area where I just have a difficult time seeing myself use it very much. Would comparing your use of those functions be helpful? Like, do you see yourself use Ne a lot? Do you get excited about possibilities? Could you brainstorm for a long time about something you find exciting?

I would guess that you're INFJ, because I think your answers do seem more Fe than Fi, and Ni than Ne, but I could be wrong.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Thanks, Luminous, I definitely appreciate your answers! To answer your Ne question, I like new possibilities, but it does get overwhelming if there are too many...also, brainstorming is great, but in short spurts. If there are just too many ways to see a situation and everyone has an opinion with no consensus, brainstorming becomes a nightmare😋 Especially if I feel strongly about an idea and others don't see it my way...