• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scenario questionnaire (Type me Senpai)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I would most definitely be shocked initially. I don't think I could bail on someone, even if they had terminal stage 4 cancer and tried to save me from the pain. I would convince them to stay, and try to make the best of our limited time together. I think nothing lasts forever, and its important to do with what you have. Id rather feel the limited happiness we had together, I don't mind the pain afterwards. If I enjoy something/someone, I do not give it up so easily. If it is already worked into my life, it is there to stay forever.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Valuing the experience with someone, and not being able to think of leaving them behind.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

Sure I would help, as long as we don't get caught. If I can get away with it, I do not really care about breaking the rules. :)

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

I think everyone is trying to do their best. I want everyone to succeed. I believe life isn't fair, so why should I try to treat everything fairly? I think winning is really the only thing that matters in the long run. It is just a test. It is not like I am helping them rob a bank.

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

Someone need help -> help

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Project 2, the less I have to rely on other's input the faster it will be complete.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

People, and how tedious it would be. I would rather do a project I could plan and analyze immediately and get started.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

I would try to get everyone to choose what they want to do, and their role in the project, and make sure it's clear on what everyone is doing. I could compromise and see what everyone else wants to do, and just fill in whatever role is left. I would make sure everyone understands what they need to do, and probably lowkey become the group leader because I am good at delegating tasks. As long as they listen that is.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

I can instantly tell if things will work, and how they would work and visualize the end product before we even begin. So I want to make sure everyone else sees it too, so I get a good grade regardless. But I also won't feel like shit if we all fail because they are just as responsible. I will hope that my project-mates exceed my expectations or have better ideas than my own as well.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

Watch anime, maybe clean the house and or invite some people over for a drink and or movie/videogames. Oh wait, I am suppose to be mentally and physically drained... that rarely happens. I will still do these things regardless of how much energy I have. If I am legit unable to function, I will just sleep most of the weekend away.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Anime is legit one of the few things that energizes me, as I can live vicariously through the characters a lot of the time. The only other thing is getting shit done. Feeling like I have completed something makes me feel great. Music can sometimes motivate me as well.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

1. Musician - Finding a way to communicate without words, has always been something of interest for me. I love music, and I would love to be able to communicate my feelings to others in a way more easily understood. Unfortunately, I have not aptitude that I know of, for music. This would be writing, if it was on the list as well.

2. Entrepreneur - Money is the key to everything, and owning a business sounds like fun. I have always wanted to open a quaint little cafe, or food truck and sell the goods I could never find when I wanted them. I think I could find a niche, and enjoy doing it.

3. Computer programmer - I just like computers, and it can be a lucrative job and pay well. I find robotics interesting as well. I would choose this out of pure interest.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

Easy, I know what I like and why. I have a good grasp on many things from that list, and whether or not I would enjoy them.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

Enjoyment and impact on society, plain and simple. I want a mix of both doing what I love, and having it impact the world in some way. I want to leave a mark, because I want to be remembered in history.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

Personality Cafe

I instantly recognized that it was CGI, and wondered what program was used to render it. Though the type of tree is questionable on whether or not it could live in such an environment. It reminds me of the Grand canyon, and China. I also would legit love to see something like this in real life. I love nature, and natural formations like this. Seeing the trees thrive for life, in such limited light is tragically beautiful.

Last edited:

skimpit

I still say INT-something. I agree with your self typing but can nail it down. INTJ was my first guess but it almost seems too obvious.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm working on a new typing method at the moment.

So, it's a work-in-progress, but what I can see so far is that you seem to be Fe+Ti (your phrasing strikes me as more personal than logical), as well as Ni+Se (referencing the environment concretely and yourself abstractly).

This post for instance strikes me as quite a natural state of conceptualising the self, contrasted with concrete descriptions of events that often seem permeated with negative emotion, which suggests to me that it is likely Ni that is the dominant function and Se that is the inferior function.

Also, iirc my previous analysis of you was as an INFJ, and my current analysis agrees with it.

Interest in spiritual/paranormal etc. phenomena is also an indicator of INFJ, though other types could fit that too, but Ni is especially prone to it.

If you don't identify with your Fe, then if you're an INFJ, INTP and INTJ would be likely mistypes depending on whether you are focusing on the Ni or Ti.

That's all for now.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm working on a new typing method at the moment.

So, it's a work-in-progress, but what I can see so far is that you seem to be Fe+Ti (your phrasing strikes me as more personal than logical), as well as Ni+Se (referencing the environment concretely and yourself abstractly).

This post for instance strikes me as quite a natural state of conceptualising the self, contrasted with concrete descriptions of events that often seem permeated with negative emotion, which suggests to me that it is likely Ni that is the dominant function and Se that is the inferior function.

Also, iirc my previous analysis of you was as an INFJ, and my current analysis agrees with it.

Interest in spiritual/paranormal etc. phenomena is also an indicator of INFJ, though other types could fit that too, but Ni is especially prone to it.

If you don't identify with your Fe, then if you're an INFJ, INTP and INTJ would be likely mistypes depending on whether you are focusing on the Ni or Ti.

That's all for now.

I would be an INFJ if I was any feeling type, I agree. I personally have a hard time seeing Ne for myself, but I am sure of Ni and Ti. The reason I type as INTP, was more do to the process of elimination and my hyperfocus on Ti-like thinking (which I equate to something like common sense, deriving predictions and logic from the self and past experiences). But if I am unhealthy, or my personality is fractured and I go back and forth between opposing concepts. It is hard to determine exactly what my dominate or inferior functions are. But if you remove the extroverted and introverted variations of the functions. I fit more wholly in INTP. I wouldn't mind an INFJ typing though. I do tend to make a lot of friends with NF types more than NT.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I would be an INFJ if I was any feeling type, I agree. I personally have a hard time seeing Ne for myself, but I am sure of Ni and Ti. The reason I type as INTP, was more do to the process of elimination and my hyperfocus on Ti-like thinking (which I equate to something like common sense, deriving predictions and logic from the self and past experiences). But if I am unhealthy, or my personality is fractured and I go back and forth between opposing concepts. It is hard to determine exactly what my dominate or inferior functions are. But if you remove the extroverted and introverted variations of the functions. I fit more wholly in INTP. I wouldn't mind an INFJ typing though. I do tend to make a lot of friends with NF types more than NT.

Well, a note about Ti: it's not about common sense or predictions, although those sorts of things can be factored in, but it is about logic, and I'd say that your "process of elimination" would have been Ti based for example.

Making friends with NFs more than NTs, STs, and SFs, would be a good indicator of being an NF yourself, because the strength of N/F/T/S are predominantly what determines how well you will interact with someone, at least as far as type goes (there are of course many other factors involved when it comes to making friends, but as far as "which types are most likely?" it mainly comes down to the middle two letters, and then the direction of the functions will determine if they are coming at things from the same angle as you, or if they are providing something you are missing, roughly speaking).

If you're going back and forth between alternate modes of being, the question to ask is which is most natural, which provides you with the most energy, and which is a kind of alteration from that. An INFJ can be very good at Ti for example, but logically analysing something isn't going to be energising for an INFJ, so they tend to focus on logic when it becomes important for something that energises their Ni. The inferior function, Se in this case, has an even more narrow focus. INFJ will resist Se in many cases, but will tend to have particular areas where their Se can "come out to play".

This is in contrast to Ni for INFJ, where the INFJ will approach many/most areas with a kind of conceptual, philosophical mindset, whether they are familiar with the subject or not.

So I guess a question to ask yourself is: when you're most yourself, when things feel natural and just flow, what sort of things are you doing? Then try to match that up with a function/functions/type.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, a note about Ti: it's not about common sense or predictions, although those sorts of things can be factored in, but it is about logic, and I'd say that your "process of elimination" would have been Ti based for example.

Making friends with NFs more than NTs, STs, and SFs, would be a good indicator of being an NF yourself, because the strength of N/F/T/S are predominantly what determines how well you will interact with someone, at least as far as type goes (there are of course many other factors involved when it comes to making friends, but as far as "which types are most likely?" it mainly comes down to the middle two letters, and then the direction of the functions will determine if they are coming at things from the same angle as you, or if they are providing something you are missing, roughly speaking).

If you're going back and forth between alternate modes of being, the question to ask is which is most natural, which provides you with the most energy, and which is a kind of alteration from that. An INFJ can be very good at Ti for example, but logically analyzing something isn't going to be energizing for an INFJ, so they tend to focus on logic when it becomes important for something that energizes their Ni. The inferior function, Se in this case, has an even more narrow focus. INFJ will resist Se in many cases, but will tend to have particular areas where their Se can "come out to play".

This is in contrast to Ni for INFJ, where the INFJ will approach many/most areas with a kind of conceptual, philosophical mindset, whether they are familiar with the subject or not.

So I guess a question to ask yourself is: when you're most yourself, when things feel natural and just flow, what sort of things are you doing? Then try to match that up with a function/functions/type.

If I had to narrow down subjects in which I am most interested in, or the most passionate about that energize me. I would say it would be limited to artistic expression and things like dreams. There is just something about dream psychology that I find really interesting. I also seem obsessed with desiring to express certain aspects of the human condition. Especially along the lines of human suffering, or beauty of nature. I do seem to be people orientated in my interests, but I also hold interests in scientific theory. But if I had to, I can say that they are connected. Especially when it comes to quantum physics. I do believe I have a more philosophical mindset, rather than a hard science kind of mindset. It is very possible that I just highly valued thinking, and rejected feeling functions. I remember when I initially teased the INFJ typing for myself, I knew and felt that I was withholding my emotions. I felt that it was weakness, and I wanted to be considered intelligent. I have a lot in common with both NTs and NFs, but when it comes to energy. I definitely generate more energy when discussing things with NF's. Even in disagreements. NTs have an entirely different appeal that completely varies per NT. I can have in depth discussions with an NT that spans several hours. Or I can have a fun, and expressive discussion with an NF for hours as well. I have typed as INTJ consistently over the years. So really, it is still up in the air.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
If I had to narrow down subjects in which I am most interested in, or the most passionate about that energize me. I would say it would be limited to artistic expression and things like dreams. There is just something about dream psychology that I find really interesting. I also seem obsessed with desiring to express certain aspects of the human condition. Especially along the lines of human suffering, or beauty of nature. I do seem to be people orientated in my interests, but I also hold interests in scientific theory. But if I had to, I can say that they are connected. Especially when it comes to quantum physics. I do believe I have a more philosophical mindset, rather than a hard science kind of mindset. It is very possible that I just highly valued thinking, and rejected feeling functions. I remember when I initially teased the INFJ typing for myself, I knew and felt that I was withholding my emotions. I felt that it was weakness, and I wanted to be considered intelligent. I have a lot in common with both NTs and NFs, but when it comes to energy. I definitely generate more energy when discussing things with NF's. Even in disagreements. NTs have an entirely different appeal that completely varies per NT. I can have in depth discussions with an NT that spans several hours. Or I can have a fun, and expressive discussion with an NF for hours as well. I have typed as INTJ consistently over the years. So really, it is still up in the air.

Pretty much all of that fits with INFJ.

There are plenty of INFJ scientists, and quantum physics would be an area of particular appeal to INFJs (I'm somewhat interested in it myself). I majored in maths, myself.

If you are INFJ though, which I think you are, the Fe is one of the main strengths, and it's actually a motif where an INFJ will think that the Feeling traits make them weak, and so try to be more Thinking instead, but really it's better to be able to use the Fe effectively and not suppress it.

I identified with Ti more when I was younger, and my Fe still isn't as strong as I would like it to be, but recognising myself as a Feeler is one of the upsides I found to learning about typology.

But yes... artistic expression, expressing the human condition, philosophical mindset, maybe even the interest in dreams, are all very INFJ things to identify with.

And it's not that you have to distance yourself from Thinking if you identify as a Feeler. I still see myself as logical, but I recognise that many people are more natural with logic than I am. It's certainly not a weak point for me.

Energy is a very important concept in this. If you're using your stronger functions, and interacting with people who prioritise things similarly, you'll have a lot more energy, so looking at energy is both a way of telling what type you are, and a way of making use of the knowledge of what your type is.

So it's not that you have to be all super Feelery in order to be a Feeler, but it's also important not to reject that side.