123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    963 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Default Serious Head Fix Doubts

Hi guys! I know I've pegged myself as having a 7 head fix for a while. But I'm having my doubts. My 6 and 7 feel so balanced. So I'm wondering, unless I keep disintegrating or if my wing's really strong, if I have a 6 fix. Been talking to some Discord pals and they lean towards 6. Now I want to hear from you!

You see, I pegged myself as having a 7 for a while because I really like exploring new places, eating foreign and spicy foods, riding scary rides. I am pretty energetic/get restless-I keep bouncing around even when feeling sleepy. I get depressed when stuck in ruts and loathe most routine. I am quite playful once you get to know me, I like to keep things light.

But! I see so much 6 influence in me too. I've always been very indecisive, although I can feel like that 6, 7, and 9 can all experience this. But yeah, I keep turning to others in times of decision making-I need that support system. I'm full of self-doubt. Despite me liking variety in terms of experiences, change really throws me off. Maybe it's the nine fear of loss instead, but yeah, I'm admittedly clingy in relationships, get nervous to leave places just because I'm used to them, that stuff. Also, I have a weird relationship with trust. Like my nine makes me go-with-the flow and at times almost too trusting of friends. But I also find myself feeling full of distrust. I worry a lot about people being disloyal, and I hear loyalty is a big value of sixes. Therefore, it can take me a long time to make friends. Also, it's like, I keep an optimistic front, I have this "What the hey?" optimism about me. But, I often have the worst case scenario in the back of my head. I'm often private with my feelings and find myself distrusting of authority.

So, what are you guy's opinions? Definitely throw me some questions.
    9w1-6w7-3w4/Phleg-Mel/Hufflepuff/Aries
    Likes Kanra13, Zhaylin liked this post

Doubt, support-seeking, and over-trusting are underlying traits of the nine character type. It all ties into the core area of fixation: merging. Being super loyal to a cause/person is a strategy the nine (moreso 9w1) employs to avoid the core vulnerability. So what you're describing is still all related to type Nine (9).

As a good rule of thumb, enneagram types are not fix points. The enneagram types presents distinct personality types. Each personality is like a system in and of itself, runs on a specific logic, and shows up in your gut, head and heart....The idea that you have three distinct personality types running inside you gets into multiple personality disorder. In reality, a type nine's gut, head and heart all responds consistently to the worldview, motivation, area of fixation, vulnerabilities etc solely of type nine.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.
    Likes robobot14 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Doubt, support-seeking, over-trusting, and giving loyalty to a cause are underlying traits of the nine character type. It all ties into the core area of fixation: merging. So what you're describing is still all related to type Nine (9).
    Are you sure? That sounds classical E6, especially the support-seeking and giving loyalty to a cause. E9 seeks belonging in a sense, but E6 seeks a more active cause to belong to and champion. E9, and the E9s I know have been more on the aloof, mediating side, and when unhealthy would become more disconnected and 'self-numbing', while an unhealthy E6 clings onto their fear and might react more, not letting go of the issue until it is resolved instead.

@robobot14, what do you think?
    Non mi snudare senza ragione.
    Non mi impugnare senza valore.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Are you sure? That sounds classical E6, especially the support-seeking and giving loyalty to a cause. E9 seeks belonging in a sense, but E6 seeks a more active cause to belong to and champio
    Positive. Self-protection, exculpation of guilt onto others, and projection of hostility are underlying traits/mechanics of the six character type.

Classical E6 comes from Naranjo. Naranjo does not attribute support-seeking and giving loyalty to E6 but to E9.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Positive. Self-protection, exculpation of guilt onto others, and projection of hostility are underlying traits/mechanics of the six character type.

Classical E6 comes from Naranjo. Naranjo does not attribute support-seeking and giving loyalty to E6.
    Might want to go into the why as well, because support-seeking and giving loyalty (as behavioural traits) isn't exclusive to E9.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    963 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Are you sure? That sounds classical E6, especially the support-seeking and giving loyalty to a cause. E9 seeks belonging in a sense, but E6 seeks a more active cause to belong to and champion. E9, and the E9s I know have been more on the aloof, mediating side, and when unhealthy would become more disconnected and 'self-numbing', while an unhealthy E6 clings onto their fear and might react more, not letting go of the issue until it is resolved instead.

@robobot14, what do you think?
    Yeah, I've heard that stuff could be nine too. It makes sense with the urge to merge and lack of identity. I didn't think of myself really having loyalty to causes, if I know what you mean, I'm mostly chill about that stuff. The mediating fits me a lot. Loyalty to me is more about a person actually being loyal to me, and I get wary and uncomfortable if I don't feel like they're being loyal. That's where I need the support system. Yeah, I mostly just self numb. If I cling onto a fear, it's more because I'm replaying a scenario over and over in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard that stuff could be nine too. It makes sense with the urge to merge and lack of identity. I didn't think of myself really having loyalty to causes, if I know what you mean, I'm mostly chill about that stuff. The mediating fits me a lot. Loyalty to me is more about a person actually being loyal to me, and I get wary and uncomfortable if I don't feel like they're being loyal. That's where I need the support system. Yeah, I mostly just self numb. If I cling onto a fear, it's more because I'm replaying a scenario over and over in my head.
    Why do you need them to be loyal to you? What does their loyalty accomplish?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    963 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Their loyalty help me sure that I can trust them. That they actually want me and aren't playing with me or are being flaky.

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    Their loyalty help me sure that I can trust them. That they actually want me and aren't playing with me or are being flaky.
    (bolded struck me as a general sx sentiment, but not necessarily)
    How much would you say this is a focus in your life? How much do you need to have people you can trust, and why? What do you need to be able to trust them with?
    Likes Venus Rose liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    963 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

(bolded struck me as a general sx sentiment, but not necessarily)
    How much would you say this is a focus in your life? How much do you need to have people you can trust, and why? What do you need to be able to trust them with?
    Oh? Might be SX but that came out low on the last test I took.

Eh somewhat prominent. I wonder if this is secretly an introversion thing, but like, with friends, if you aren't..steady..then I can't quite tell if you want me or not. I'm not always confiding in people, I can be pretty private with that stuff. I think loyalty mostly has to due with steadiness if you know what I mean. I'm the ultimate third wheel.