User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 15 of 15

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Might want to go into the why as well, because support-seeking and giving loyalty (as behavioural traits) isn't exclusive to E9.
    Support-seeking and reflexive loyalty as a core action set/built-in disposition is exclusive to type 9. The why pertains to the inner logic of the E9 character type.

    Other types may demonstrate overlapping behavior but for them its just peripheral....not a core action set.

    Obviously you're not learned about Classical E6 otherwise you never would have claimed/suggested that support seeking and reflexive loyalty sounds like classical E6.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

    Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

  2. #12
    Valse du Souvenirs Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Support-seeking and reflexive loyalty as a core action set/built-in disposition is exclusive to type 9. The why pertains to the inner logic of the E9 character type.

    Other types may demonstrate overlapping behavior but for them its just peripheral....not a core action set.

    Obviously you're not learned about Classical E6 otherwise you never would have claimed/suggested that support seeking and reflexive loyalty sounds like classical E6.
    What are the distinctions between E6 and E9 then, to your knowledge? Why are those the 'core action sets' of type 9, and how does it tie into robobot14? Reading her OP sounded like attachment triad, specifically 6 and 9 to me.
    全世界共通の快楽
    Likes robobot14, RadicalDoubt liked this post

  3. #13
    幽霊||๏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴀɴ ᴍɪᴇɴ Hexcoder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    First, I very strongly disagree with Tomb1.

    Seeking "belonging" pertains more to Soc IV than E9, for one. Sx 9 merging, in contrast, is something that happens unconsciously and automatically. It is the mirroring of traits, the conformity to preferences that are not their own. It's after the stability and security of the relationship as opposed to stability in the decisions in their lives that you find in E6.

    Furthermore, E9 does not actually have a desire to blend, and in fact that "blending" is what makes them angry underneath the surface; it's more like "I can't say no and thus I blend, but I get angry with myself or others about it." One E9 musician worded it well: "You don't ever listen, but I'm the one ignoring me." It's rooted in a lack of assertiveness instead.

    Tom Condon has a video in which he interviews an Sx E9 who shares that his merging experiences, and in it the 9 states that in order to regain a sense of "self" he had to physically separate himself from the person(s) he had unintentionally / unconsciously merged with. Similarly, in my own expeirences as someone who is entirely settled on the fact that I'm a 9 with Sx either dom or mid, I resided in an entirely different state in order to "find myself" after I realized I'd been merging with my father and brother so much throughout my life that I had no clue who I was without them around. There was this sense of being molded and formed by them to the point where I no longer recall my own original laugh since I mirrored my brother's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robot14
    But yeah, I keep turning to others in times of decision making-I need that support system. I'm full of self-doubt. Despite me liking variety in terms of experiences, change really throws me off. Maybe it's the nine fear of loss instead, but yeah, I'm admittedly clingy in relationships, get nervous to leave places just because I'm used to them, that stuff. Also, I have a weird relationship with trust. Like my nine makes me go-with-the flow and at times almost too trusting of friends.
    All of this sounds incredibly E6 to me, not E9. They are both conforming, but the #1 difference that always helped me clear things up in my mind was that in E9 it comes from a place of Agreeableness: wanting to get along to the point of going along with even things they don't want to, not wanting to choose a preference that could bother the other person or create separation, etc. Contrarywise, E6's conformity comes from a place of Neuroticism: fear, anxiety, inability to trust themselves or the information before them (or trusting excessively at times), worst case scenario thinking, etc.
    Hexcoder
    DECODEDJOHARINOHARI
    Likes Luminous, Zhaylin, robobot14, RadicalDoubt liked this post

  4. #14
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    (bolded struck me as a general sx sentiment, but not necessarily)
    How much would you say this is a focus in your life? How much do you need to have people you can trust, and why? What do you need to be able to trust them with?
    That doesn't have anything to do with the sexual instinct, which is essentially about attraction/repulsion. Sx is plugging into something to get a charge or shock. It's juicy, but alternatively can be dry because if it's not stimulated, it's not interested and will instinctually communicate that to others without even trying. It's a compass, always searching for the magnetic pull. Someone could be trying to get the attention of the Sx individual, but if they operate from the South, then the Sx won't be interested and won't even turn around to explore that direction.

    On the other hand, let's say you have two Sx individuals. Let's make them both the positive side of two magnets. They both have their own energy field and know what they like. Let's say magnet A is really drawn to magnet B, but magnet B doesn't feel the same about magnet A. No matter how hard magnet A pushes into magnet B (attraction), magnet B will always repel the connection (repulsion).

    Sx is the peacock's feathers, a display of "Here I am! Do you like what you see?!?" And not everyone will be into that display, but the few who are will be drawn in, and from there, the peacock decides who is most alluring.

    The sexual instinct exists on essentially a chemical level and cannot be overridden by will or connection (which is more indicative of the social instinct individual who is concerned with care, warmth, reciprocation, commonality, etc). If for some reason someone with strong sexual attempts to override their internal sense of attraction/repulsion, say, by trying to make an intimate relationship work with someone whose personality is great but who doesn't chemically ignite them, the Sx individual will suffer greatly with dissatisfaction and the relationship will be doomed. I speak from experience.

    With the instincts, you must literally look at it as a deeply rooted, primal drive toward survival... an instinct. It's not nearly as complicated as people make it.
    '“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.

    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.

    - look it up yourself


    Likes Eryn Silverfrond, Luminous, Zhaylin liked this post

  5. #15
    Senior Member Venus Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    (bolded struck me as a general sx sentiment, but not necessarily)
    How much would you say this is a focus in your life? How much do you need to have people you can trust, and why? What do you need to be able to trust them with?
    Just wanted to comment - I don't think you said anything wrong here...I can see how that can be viewed as an sx statement.

    Also, this is not a comment on @robobot14's type. As far as I know, she is typing as sp/so, and I don't have any issues with that currently.
    INFP | EII | 4w5 496 sx/so
    Answered questionnaires/typing thread
    Surveys: [
    X] [X]
    Discord



Similar Threads

  1. Is your head too big?
    By sdalek in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-10-2018, 03:23 PM
  2. Ennagram what do you see your heart, gut and head fixes as personification.
    By Lord Lavender in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2017, 06:07 PM
  3. [Tri] How can you figure out your head fix?
    By animenagai in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 01:35 AM
  4. Taking MBTT too seriously
    By snegledmaca in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO