• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XNXP ... the mystery continues...

What am I?

• INFP

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ENTP

• Other?

• Total voters

imbear

MBTI Type
XNXP
Hey guys! Had an account here but couldn't remember shit about it so I'm here to say I'm back at it again 5 years later with yet more confusion!

Last time I thought I was an INFP, took an official MBTI test and stuff and got that result and I was like.. k cool. But now that I've got to read more about it, I'm not sure about I/E and F/T. I'm also unsure if I'm supposed to think about how I perceive myself or how others perceive me? Bc that may be different?

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Those are loaded questions. Beauty is spring after winter, but different kinds of beauty is present in every single season too and in the changes from one to another. Beauty is the smile of a gorgeous girl I've been thinking of, of the reason behind that smile, of the little nuances of her personality, of the way she can light up a room with her presence, her words, her actions. Beauty is in the care, patience and compassion in acts of kindness, no matter how small or big. Beauty is art and poetry and the new breakthroughs in science and technology. Beauty is in the mundane and in the new and exciting. Beauty is subjective, beauty is that feeling you get in your gut that says 'isn't it wonderful to be alive?'. Love is the acceptance of beauty.

2. What are your most important values?
Idk about specific values. Just minimize harm to yourself and to others and try to make a positive impact. Doesn't even have to be positive actually, just shouldn't be negative. Empathy, maybe? Understanding? Doing right? Being just?

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Nah, I just think we're all little blips on this little ball of mud passing by. Used to be anti-religion but I respect what it can do for others, how it can benefit the world. Still don't like doctrine and bs though.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I don't like conflict in general, but I get that it's a part of what makes us human. War has brought pain and suffering but it's also brought liberation and advancements, progress. Power... Idk. My first thought is that 'Power corrupts'. But in a sense, I like power. Power in freedom, that kinda stuff haha.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Mostly stupid stuff, random interests (name me a random topic and I'll probably have something to say about it), but also about emotions and issues. I like debating and arguing about politics and current affairs with the right people too. I like talking about art & design, technology, sustainability, geography, art movements, analyzing deeper meanings of artworks, thinking of possibilities for our future.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Sure! Why not haha. I can get into a conversation about pretty much anything. I'm also a hypochondriac at times so I have lots of knowledge about different common illnesses, or just have watched health/medicine docs on different rare conditions/afflictions.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I just do them to get em done. I can't work well in a really disorganized environment yet I'm kind of that 'order in the madness' stereotype? Idk, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I like the occasional spring cleaning and clearing my house of junk though.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I like films like Eternal Sunshine, Moonlight, Get Out, The Handmaiden, The Lobster. Recently watched Captain Marvel (mainly for Brie Larson tho <3). I prefer podcasts/audiobooks to legit reading bc... I am lazy. I like the kind of book/film that pops back in your head 3 months later that you'd think about for 5 minutes and go 'huh.' and smile a bit. I like horror movies too though, for the thrill of it. Oh, and documentaries! Just all kinds.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I'm probably my own worst enemy, so I just cry bc of myself and my issues. Actually, I also cry because of silly emotional things like that goddamn barracuda scene in Finding Nemo, a song that reminds me of a particular memory, thinking about my friends being their own worst enemy too, etc.
Friends make me smile :) Beauty and love makes me smile :) But I gotta learn to smile for myself too, and sometimes I do!

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
When I'm in the zone of ideating/creating something for a project I have/researching some random stuff. And also when I'm in contact with someone I love and they tell me they care and that sappy bullshit :) I love being in nature too, just walking/running/exploring about and listening to podcasts.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
As per: I am my own worst enemy. Many people say that I overthink things sometimes. I think I really dislike how there's a certain need in me to feel like I belong, like I need all the attention, all the attraction, all the laughs and popularity. Also I'm a procrastinator woops. Some say I'm stubborn. I think I get too argumentative sometimes, thinking like what I say should be taken as fact, or coming off as too harsh maybe.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Most people comment on my humor or my skills. I like making others laugh, I like giving good advice to others and I like how I'm the one people think of when they're looking for a "weird but alright' kinda gal. I like how people say I've got in-depth knowledge on a lot of different topics. I like when they say I'm nice to spend time with.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Psychological, maybe, though I think I've gotten my mental illnesses under control. Haven't had a panic attack in months, haven't done self-destructive behaviors in like 3 months too.
Also apparently I seem cold and private sometimes? Which I get, because I typically put up a colder front and live for sarcasm and hitting humor, but sometimes, a girl really wants to get affection and be open and warmer, especially around people I trust haha.
Also financial :p I don't like being a burden.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes. Just bored and empty and like I'm stagnating. I don't like repetition and having to do something that doesn't interest me over and over. Restrictions. Being told that my ideas suck. I've been told that I snap at people and I tend to turn to my self-destructive behaviors and micromanage stupid shit in my life.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like honesty, that kind of 'warm' vibe some people give, that depth in their interests and their personality, our differences (viewpoints, passions), stability in their being there for me. Tend to get along with ... idk ... more 'non-normal' people? If that's a thing? Like I can't vibe well with more 'boring' people (sorry if that sounds harsh lol). I like types with lots to say, accepting types, types with a more different outlook on life than the ... norm?

I dislike apathy the most, oh and manipulation.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Hell yeah. I mean I just want someone I can go on adventures with and explore the world with. Doesn't have to be big adventures, small ones will do. I wanna find a home in a person but have that home be exciting, ever-changing yet comforting. I love affection, love the thought of staying up with someone and talking till dawn, love maybe grandiose displays of love at times.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
Main concerns? That they'll grow up to be a happy, empathetic person. Also, despite how bad it may sound, that they're born as 'normal' as can be, at least physically and mentally. Psychologically, I don't care if they're a furry or into some weird shit. I just want their life to be easier, for the world to treat them well. Of course I'll still read them countless books and make em learn their multiplication tables quick...

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Close friend? What beliefs? I remember a (non-close) friend saying that she's against same-sex marriage and being the gay I am, I sat and nodded silently, then bitched about it to another friend. But I gotta respect her beliefs, and I understand where she's coming from (she's devoutly Christian). But... it changed my perception of her as the totally-sweet-girl quite a bit.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I think most are good, despite what some say. I just wanna do good to society and be like a non-nuisance most of the time? I mean, my friends and family and lots of sweet strangers are part of society so I just gotta.

Can't think of just one, but off the top of my head - the spread of misinformation, ignorance and misunderstandings. Which... is a great big umbrella but there's lots of issues at stake! From large-scale things like climate change denialism when there's climate refugees and hard science backing up the claims, to smaller things like anti-vaccine movements which are putting our kids and the un-vaccinable population at risk. From apathy in world leaders to apathy in my peers.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
It's a flow. Some people stick and others don't. I get vibes off of people and just stick to the ones who give me good, warm vibes. I kinda change my behavior, jokes, accent even, to suit the group I'm socializing with, just happens sometimes.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Depends. Might act hella shy around new coworkers yet blurt out my entire life story to an uber driver on the way home.

So whaddaya think? :D

Edit: MY GOD THIS IS LONG I'M SORRY