• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Merced's Type Me and General AMA

What is my type?

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ESFJ

• ENTP

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ESTP

• Total voters

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My overall impression is that you're ENFP with strong extroverted judgment (both 3rd function Te and 6th function Fe).

Here's a strong indicator of ENFP:

"1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

Had to re-read this one a few times but I think I get the idea. I think my baseline is very forward-focused(?) and ready to do something. I'm constantly thinking about the future I want, the ups and downs of that future, and the path I'll be taking to get there. I think it's that then followed by "why do I feel that way?", hence the interest in typology. Emotionally this can span from excitement to full of dread."

Thinking about the future generally indicates intuition, and the "ups and downs" approach to it may well be an indicator of Ne. The fact that this is then followed by "why do I feel that way?" suggests that after the intuiting comes Fi.

Remember, function order is literally a sequential order that the functions tend to go in, so having Fi come as the second step indicates auxiliary Fi (unless it wasn't the second step being described but a step later on than that).

NFP and STJ are the types most aptly covered by a left-brain/right-brain split. What you and some others in this thread are suggesting is that the left-brain side is your ego, and the right-brain side is alter-ego, but I'm suggesting that it's the opposite and that you're actually right-brained.

Oooooh, full circle. I originally typed as ENFP when I joined ths forum.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm officially sx-last, me thinks.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Since I bumped the other thread I might as well....

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*hulk hogan voice*
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] Come at me!!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Completing this questionnaire upon request.

1a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I was born April 20th, 2000. I live in California, USA. Specifically the East Bay. I have Bipolar II and possibly BPD. I am a radical leftist.​

1b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
The typing I am currently identifying as is ESTJ 285 so/sp. I am unsure about the mind aspect of my enneagram triad or where my Te lands on my axis.​

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
To help people.​

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I relate to pride the most. I am constantly trying to uphold this imaginary version of myself that I see in my head, to varying success. I relate to lust the least. Ya girl just ain't that horny.​

4a) The type of people you are drawn to
Interesting people. People who have a lot of things going for them. People who are special and contribute to the world in fantastic ways.​

4b) The type of people who are drawn to you
People in need. People who want something new to their lives.​

4c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Lazy people. People who are content with misery. Shy people.​

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Calmness. I wish I could be calm during certain circumstances.​

6a) Anger
My relationship with anger is a good one. Anger is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. It helps me enact the change I want to see.​

6b) Shame
I am constantly worried about myself. I wish shame was something useful like anger, then I wouldn't be so ruled by it.​

6c) Fear
This one is hard to describe. I fear nothing. Fear and I are strangers.​

6d) Love/passion
I used to think I'll never obtain it but now I have it and I'm never letting go.​

6e) Conflict
Healthiest thing on the planet.​

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Being too young. Being mature for my age. Being too good of a friend to date. Unrequited love.​

8) What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I currently work as an ABA Behavior Analyst. I chose it because I work well with those with developmental disabilities. If I could choose, I'd be a politician. I want to help people. I want to help people in a meaningful way that will actually produce change.​

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Their interests, what they find funny, their aspirations.​

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I can't stand people who say "I hate people". If you ever catch me saying that, punch me. Human beings are the objectively the coolest, most interesting things on the planet. We are amazing. We are versatile. We are productive. We can literally do anything. However, the biggest thing plaguing humanity is capitalism. The idea that suffering is mandatory, the concept that there are people who deserve to suffer, it's maddening.​

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Drawing, singing, tabletop games, video games, typology​

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I play games with them at my local game store or sit around shooting the shit.​

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both are insanely important one doesn't hold weight without the other.​

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
b) To be immortal. I want to see where this humanity thing goes.​

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Needy. Helpless. Lazy. Self absorbed.​

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?\
I get obsessed with concepts of people. Limerence and codependency are things I am no stranger to.​

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I'm organized in thought and function. I am messy in the fact that I don't like to clean. I don't need to write things out, if things make sense, they make sense. I'm good on my toes, even better with prep time. I don't mind surprises.​

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort is when my needs are met. Point, blank, period. There is no other necessity for comfort. I need food, water, shelter, and human interaction. Everything else is superfluous.​

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What's that? Another self absorbed thread bump? No way!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I created new Johari and Nohari windows (see signature). Would appreciate feedback because I'm genuinely curious. Would also appreciate more in-depth criticisms and observations in my blog (also in signature).

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
You are still in doubt?
I haven't read much on this thread but if there is no doubt there is no point in me to do so. All can I say is that 285 and ESTJ 2 are coherent and possible combinations, but quite rare (and perhaps a little bit unique).

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wanted to hop on the AMA trend but I didn't want to make a new thread so I renamed this one. Ask me anything!

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What kind of flooring do you prefer, hardwood, vinyl, tile, carpet, rugs, etc.?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What kind of flooring do you prefer, hardwood, vinyl, tile, carpet, rugs, etc.?

Tile in bathrooms, carpet in bedrooms, hardwood everywhere else. I play a lot of Sims so I have very strong opinions about this haha.

Hardwood is the best flooring and that's a hill I can confidently die on.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What made you change from ENFP to ESTJ?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What made you change from ENFP to ESTJ?

I started to identify with the shortcomings of inferior Fi much more than the shortcomings of inferior Si. Even when I first started MBTI as an ENFP, I was sure I had really strong Te. I know my extroverted functions in general are stringer than my introverted ones, so it was just a case of looking at myself deeper.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love asking questions!

1) If you had your own restaurant, what would you serve?

2) How did you learn to draw?

3) How would you rank your handwriting?

4) What's the luckiest thing that's every happened to you?

5) If you could choose your own birthday, when would it be?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love asking questions!

1) If you had your own restaurant, what would you serve?

2) How did you learn to draw?

3) How would you rank your handwriting?

4) What's the luckiest thing that's every happened to you?

5) If you could choose your own birthday, when would it be?

1) It would be like a meat restaurant where I serve lots of steak and chicken and pork and stuff like that. I guess what I am thinking is a Brazilian Steakhouse? Ooooh but with a hibachi grill in the back.

2) So when I was a kid, I really, really wanted to be an animator. So I would study the storyboards of cartoons I liked and draw the characters in various poses until I got it just right. Lots of observing and trial and error.

3) On a scale of 1 to 10? 3. You'd think I'm writing with my nondominant hand when you see it.

4) I know I brag about him a lot on the forum, but he well deserves it. Meeting my ESFJ boyfriend was the luckiest thing to ever happen to me.

5) I would choose April 19th, one day before my actual birthday. That way, I don't share a birthday with Hitler.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1.) So... How good are you at rapping?

2.) What was modding like? Did you enjoy it? Or do you like being a regular member more?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What’s your favorite typology type(s) to hang out with?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1.) So... How good are you at rapping?

2.) What was modding like? Did you enjoy it? Or do you like being a regular member more?

1) God awful at it. Does that mean we can challenge each other? :D

2) Modding was very fun and fulfilling. The only problem with it is that I overinvested in my role as a mod. If I could do it again, I would do it with a framed poster that says "IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS" in my office cubicle. I was really good at it, I feel, and I miss the clerical work involved and the organizing and the cleaning up of threads and the resolving disputes. I do admit, I have fantasized about buying the site off of Highlander and keeping most of the stuff the same. If offered, I'd definitely do it again. That being said, there are absolutely perks of being a regular member now. I can actually say what's on my mind and not have the "You can't say that! You're a mod!" card pulled on me. 2016 Typology Central was a hassle but I would love to mod for 2020 Typology Central.

What’s your favorite typology type(s) to hang out with?

I love a good INTP. Some of my best friends in life were INTPs. ESFPs are fun to get along with too. e3 and e1 folks are my favorite to chill with, though admittedly there's nothing chill about either type. And Scorpios I get along with swimmingly.

skimpit

1. Do you like to dance?

2. What about burgers? Opinion?

3. Who's your favorite comedian?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. Do you like to dance?

2. What about burgers? Opinion?

3. Who's your favorite comedian?

1) Nooooooo. I would probably like to dance if I was any good at it.

2) Love a good burger. Especially with an egg on it! Extra tomato too. Great, now I'm hungry!

3) This is a tough question. Right now, I'll have to say Gus Johnson. He does sketch comedy really well.