• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Merced's Type Me and General AMA

What is my type?

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ESFJ

• ENTP

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ESTP

• Total voters

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are there any resources for figuring out your Socionics type outside of reading socionics type descriptions? I feel like they all apply to me.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
When you say AMA how cereal are you?:mellow:

The Cat

Staff member
Very. No question is too deep or harsh! I'm here to take it all!

Okay, well buckle up because it's about to get super... duper... cereal...like a high seven on the Gorescale

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, well buckle up because it's about to get super... duper... cereal...like a high seven on the Gorescale

Depends on the system. I prefer playing D&D because I secretly actually hate d20 systems. In all other cases, DMing. I like helping people write the story and if I ever get the urge to roleplay, I can just create a character that betrays the party's trust, lol.

Though based on my conversation with [MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION], it looks like I'm delving into the DM role during the mornings in the future, if you want in on that. ;)

The Cat

Staff member
Depends on the system. I prefer playing D&D because I secretly actually hate d20 systems. In all other cases, DMing. I like helping people write the story and if I ever get the urge to roleplay, I can just create a character that betrays the party's trust, lol.

Though based on my conversation with [MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION], it looks like I'm delving into the DM role during the mornings in the future, if you want in on that. ;)

If it fits in with my work scedule I very much do.

I'm working on world building for my own campaign, got any organization tips my improve game is solid but im looking for some tips on organization in world building, (id like to up my game as my life is a forever competition with my past and future selves)...?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am open to you joining.

just know I'm gonna be tragically newbish. XD

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If it fits in with my work scedule I very much do.

I'm working on world building for my own campaign, got any organization tips my improve game is solid but im looking for some tips on organization in world building, (id like to up my game as my life is a forever competition with my past and future selves)...?

OH BOY DO I HAVE ADVICE

Firstly, and this is easily the most controversial of the advice I am about to give, but 4chan's /tg/ is like.. your best friend. If you just side step the fascists who play Warhammer and avoid the Discord servers they invite you to, it's actually a tremendously great resource for all things needed. World building tools, free book pdfs, ideal programs to run games on, interesting ways to paint your minis, character design philosophy, fun one shot prompts.... they have it all!

But say you don't want to bother with 4chan for... very understandable reasons.

Microsoft OneNote is free and a fantastic way to organize your notes for a campaign. It comes free with Microsoft Office and if you don't have that, you can use the online version. The program takes a few minutes to get acquainted with, but I assure you it's worth it. I definitely recommend the desktop version over the tablet or mobile versions, but they work fine either way. My philosophy is to work on it on the computer and then only use it as reference in game with my tablet.

Here's an example of how I set up mine for my Werewolf campaign earlier this year. Think of the entire file as a binder, the big tabs as notebooks in the binder, and the tabs on the side as dedicated sections inside said notebook.

kImAEGn.png

Another tool I recommend, especially if you hate Microsoft, is plain ol Google Drive. The features that are free are amazing in themselves, but you can download add-ons easily that make it even more useful. Like for example, I added a flowchart editor and made little flowcharts to organize and recap the plot for my players.

Sometimes it helps to make little booklets for your players. Now this is definitely an extra step, but a brochure of the world has never hurt anybody! Here's a guide on how to make PDFs!

Oh! And if you really have a lot of worldbuilding done, I recommend creating a website for it with Google Sites. With this, you can basically make a hub of information that people can access with a link. Plus, buying actual domains from Google is a super cheap process! (Like $10/year!).

BLUH, I have so many resources that I've gathered but now I'm so excited that I can't articulate it!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
tl;dr: Use OneNote and Google products

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
9413464efa81027f5eeeb006cdb288397b30a0cc_hq.gif

I have an AMA thread too!

The Cat

Staff member
9413464efa81027f5eeeb006cdb288397b30a0cc_hq.gif

I have an AMA thread too!

I, The Cat, shall reward your honesty with attention and queries hungry for your thirsty answers.

You find yourself with an opportunity to infiltrate the political party of your choosing; for whatever reason whether you honestly share their politics or not, what would you do? And how would you do it more efficiently than the other AMA candidates?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there any resources for figuring out your Socionics type outside of reading socionics type descriptions? I feel like they all apply to me.

Over a month late to seeing this. Reading the type descriptions also didn't help me. Even though I didn't relate to every type, it was easy for me to form arguments in my head in favor of quite a few types. I think it's better to think of Socionics through a functional standpoint, think of which functions you think are the most-used and least-used for you.

What helped me is talking to people who are well-read in socionics and asking them for input because that can at least narrow down some of the types. In the past, I've mostly talked to people on Discord servers since there aren't really many socionics people here or on my old forum, PerC. I'd help type you, but I am not a socionics person by any means.

Also, I think typology tests are generally trash, and socionics is no exception. However, it can help you narrow down some of the types so you know which are most likely to look into. This test hasn't helped me narrow things down, but it suggests four types to me that are very reasonable. Tests

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I, The Cat, shall reward your honesty with attention and queries hungry for your thirsty answers.

You find yourself with an opportunity to infiltrate the political party of your choosing; for whatever reason whether you honestly share their politics or not, what would you do? And how would you do it more efficiently than the other AMA candidates?

I would join the Squad in Democratic party except I won't beat around the bush. Alternatively, I would bring left wing values to the Libertarian Party.

I am no stranger to bullshit corporate speak. I am also no stranger to bullshit face saving. There are so many ways that I can accomplish my goals and with you, the American people by my side, we can win this fight together! Justice will prevail!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Completing this questionnaire upon request.

1a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I was born April 20th, 2000. I live in California, USA. Specifically the East Bay. I have Bipolar II and possibly BPD. I am a radical leftist.​

Good information, although I've never seen this as relevant typology.

1b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
The typing I am currently identifying as is ESTJ 285 so/sp. I am unsure about the mind aspect of my enneagram triad or where my Te lands on my axis.​

How familiar are you with the other triads? If you're really interested in trying to find your mind aspect I can ask some follow-up questions regarding the different triads within the three mind types. Otherwise, I'll just give my two cents based on this questionnaire and forum interactions.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
To help people.​

Well, having that as your purpose in life is basically the desire of a core 2, which you seem to already know.

I think this can be either Te or Fe, but it depends on WHY you want to help people.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I relate to pride the most. I am constantly trying to uphold this imaginary version of myself that I see in my head, to varying success. I relate to lust the least. Ya girl just ain't that horny.​

Pride is also a crutch of the 2, though it also relates to other types (3, 5, and 8 show it often). Very competency, assertive, rejection. All triads that you show pretty well.

I don't really relate list to any enneagram type, especially when just about horniness. If it gets tied into other things outside of sex, lust can be pretty enneagram 7. I think 7 would be your least likely head type.

4a) The type of people you are drawn to
Interesting people. People who have a lot of things going for them. People who are special and contribute to the world in fantastic ways.​

4b) The type of people who are drawn to you
People in need. People who want something new to their lives.​

Seems 2w3.

4c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Lazy people. People who are content with misery. Shy people.​

Seems that you're repulsed with the withdrawn triad lol. You are very much not a 4 but that was obvious. I can still see a 5 fix. I see some more CP 6, though.

The focus on efficiency you have and getting shit done sounds more Te than Fe. So I can see ESTJ.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Calmness. I wish I could be calm during certain circumstances.​

Assertive, with a lack of positive outlook.

6a) Anger
My relationship with anger is a good one. Anger is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. It helps me enact the change I want to see.​

Not a gut core. 8 fix works.

6b) Shame
I am constantly worried about myself. I wish shame was something useful like anger, then I wouldn't be so ruled by it.​

This seems pretty 3-ish actually. Maybe your 3-ishness is how 2 and Te combine...

6c) Fear
This one is hard to describe. I fear nothing. Fear and I are strangers.​

IDK how a 285 would deal with fear as opposed to regular 5s and 5-fixes but this doesn't sound like something a 5 fix would say. Sounds much more CP 6.

6d) Love/passion
I used to think I'll never obtain it but now I have it and I'm never letting go.​

6e) Conflict
Healthiest thing on the planet.​

Not sure what to say about these last two.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Being too young. Being mature for my age. Being too good of a friend to date. Unrequited love.​

Kind of hard to say what these things would mean without any context. I think an integration path to 4 fits you well though. Especially with inferior Fi.

8) What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I currently work as an ABA Behavior Analyst. I chose it because I work well with those with developmental disabilities. If I could choose, I'd be a politician. I want to help people. I want to help people in a meaningful way that will actually produce change.​

Matches your type well.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Their interests, what they find funny, their aspirations.​

I think your 3 wing is very strong.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I can't stand people who say "I hate people". If you ever catch me saying that, punch me. Human beings are the objectively the coolest, most interesting things on the planet. We are amazing. We are versatile. We are productive. We can literally do anything. However, the biggest thing plaguing humanity is capitalism. The idea that suffering is mandatory, the concept that there are people who deserve to suffer, it's maddening.​

Lol I'm one of the punchable people, but honestly I really liked seeing this view of humanity. It's very refreshing. Quite positive outlook so yeah, a 2 core works very well. It's very competency-oriented too... so that's kind of what makes me think you could have a 5 fix, even though a 6 fix might make more sense to me.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Drawing, singing, tabletop games, video games, typology​

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I play games with them at my local game store or sit around shooting the shit.​

This makes me think you could be an ENTJ, but IDK about your MBTI.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both are insanely important one doesn't hold weight without the other.​

Completely agree, though I'm not sure what that says about your type.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
b) To be immortal. I want to see where this humanity thing goes.​

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
Needy. Helpless. Lazy. Self absorbed.​

Seems like a good example of the 2+8 combination, which I think suits you. Doesn't say much about head type though.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?\
I get obsessed with concepts of people. Limerence and codependency are things I am no stranger to.​

Overall you seem pretty sx-blind and with a soc-focus. Either sp/so or so/sp.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I'm organized in thought and function. I am messy in the fact that I don't like to clean. I don't need to write things out, if things make sense, they make sense. I'm good on my toes, even better with prep time. I don't mind surprises.​

This seems Te/Ne.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort is when my needs are met. Point, blank, period. There is no other necessity for comfort. I need food, water, shelter, and human interaction. Everything else is superfluous.​

I'm inclined to think you don't value Si based on statements like these, and that your focus on your needs over comfort is self-preservation.

Conclusion: So far, I would say 2w3 8w7 6w5 sp/so is your tritype. I'm not yet sure about 5w6 vs. 6w5, but I see more indication of CP 6 rather than 5 itself. However, your 8 fix could be clouding me. I would want to look more into triads to have a clearer view of your head fix.

MBTI is less clear. I don't think ESTJ is necessarily a poor fit, but I don't see Si-aux in you anywhere in this questionnaire or in your forum behaviors. I would rather say ENTJ, or if you believe you're on the Si/Ne axis, I think ENFP is a bit more likely than ESTJ. But I would vote ENTJ.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=40834]Jaune[/MENTION] I would absolutely, positively LOVE it if you were to help me figure out my head type. And tha k you for the in depth typing, it makes me feel very special.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you could help just one person, who would it be and why?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you could help just one person, who would it be and why?

Hmmm.... this is a toughie. Only one person?

Okay I got it. I would help whoever the current President is in this hypothetical make the right decisions to help as many people as they can. After all, they would be the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world. By helping them help the world, I can accomplish some real change.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I'm honestly going to disregard 7 as one of the options as your head fix (I think it is a lot less likely compared to the other two head types, and I don't think you're double positive outlook at all).

I'm actually leaning back toward pegging you as a 5 fix as I re-read about the descriptions of triads. However, I want you to read some of it too. Here are some questions I came up with.

1.) Do you think you have any withdrawn triad in you at all? (Keep in mind it would be your last fix, so of course you will resort to compliance and assertiveness first, I am asking if you display any of these behaviors at times.)

These people are not immediately comfortable working in groups and often prefer to work alone. They contemplate and refine their ideas by themselves. They will not present their ideas or assert themselves until they are very confident in their position.

These people are out of touch with their instinctual drives. They have a hard time feeling their vitality and substance. To compensate for this imbalance, they identify more with their fantasies, thoughts, and dreams than with their own physical body.

These people move away from others (withdraw) to get their needs met.

2a.) Do you think you have any attachment triad in you? (I think you do... it could be just a 3 wing, but it may also be a 6 fix. So I want your input on it.)

People with the attachment object relation tend to have a sense of contentment that their needs (with people, situation, thinks) are being met. Their sense of self is based on being deeply attached to things perceived as good. To attach themselves, these types adapt their ways to be consistent with important people or things.

2b.) I'm not going to quote the article's description of attachment in type 6, because as a 6 fix I find it inaccurate to counterphobic 6. So I will instead ask about 6's attachment from my synthesized understanding of it. Do you ever find yourself attaching to belief systems in order to seek consistency?

2c.) On a similar vein, could you describe your relationship to your political views rather than simply what they are? Why do you think they've formed? How do they make you feel?

3.) How much do you relate to the rejection triad? If you are 285, that means you would be triple rejection.

People with the rejection object relation feel that they have been rejected by others. Others don't care about their needs, so they reject their own needs too. Consequently, their relationships often have issues of not wanting to be nurtured or touched. Despite feeling rejected, they feel they only have one gift to offer to prevent future rejection. Their sense of self is based on countering this rejection by offering their talent.

Twos reject their own needs, their own negative thoughts and emotions. The Two offers the only gift she has left: her heart. She focuses on the needs of others and helping, caring, and nurturing them. Twos try to love others so much that others won't reject them. Twos base their sense of self on putting their own needs aside (rejection) and caring for others.

Fives reject and minimize their own needs (especially their physical and emotional ones). The Five has only one gift left: her head. Fives offer their intelligence and expertise to others, hoping that others will appreciate their knowledge. By building up their own expertise, Fives seek to become important enough not to be rejected further. Fives, having cut off their emotional needs, try to not need others, to be independent, and to not need love. Fives believe that their lack of emotion will shield them from the pain of further rejection.

Eights reject their own needs (especially their emotional, vulnerable side). The Eight only has one gift left to prevent further rejection: her strength and will. Eights believe in their power and know that others can turn to them from strength and leadership. Eights expect to be rejected, but because they are so "tough," they give the appearance of being able to handle it.

4.) I see competency in you, so I would not be surprised if you end up as a 5 fix. However, I'd like to learn more about your relationship with reactivity. You would already have one reactive fix as an 8 fix... do you think you could be double reactive?

For instance, you say you do not experience fear, but do you experience anxiety? If so, how do you deal under stress? Do you get paranoid? Do you blow up at people because of it?

Source: The Enneagram

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1.) Do you think you have any withdrawn triad in you at all? (Keep in mind it would be your last fix, so of course you will resort to compliance and assertiveness first, I am asking if you display any of these behaviors at times.)
Honestly I don't. My natural inclination is to go towards issues, not away. I suppose I do identify with isolating my emotions however.

2a.) Do you think you have any attachment triad in you? (I think you do... it could be just a 3 wing, but it may also be a 6 fix. So I want your input on it.)
I can see this applying to me. My definition of happy is literally "when all needs are met". I don't relate to emulating myself to things as a way to gauge myself. (I'm not sure if I'm understanding the excerpt correctly though.)

2b.) I'm not going to quote the article's description of attachment in type 6, because as a 6 fix I find it inaccurate to counterphobic 6. So I will instead ask about 6's attachment from my synthesized understanding of it. Do you ever find yourself attaching to belief systems in order to seek consistency?
Nope.

2c.) On a similar vein, could you describe your relationship to your political views rather than simply what they are? Why do you think they've formed? How do they make you feel?
I used to be really into laissez faire capitalism because I genuinely thought the world was fair and worked in such a way that the best truly do rise up. As I learned more (in both an academic and maturity sense) I found this to be flat out false. Not only does capitalism keep people down, but it does so by design. It's inefficient and unjust ON PURPOSE. That's where my fight for left wing activism truly started from. The world can literally be a better place and we don't make it so because.... no good reason? Suffering is not mandatory, yet we pretend that some people just deserve misery because that's how luck works. No. Everyone can be sustained and live fruitful lives if we just looked at all the evidence in front of us! Starvation, homelessness, crime... all solvable but we don't! Ugh! It's so frustrating, which is why I want to keep fighting.

3.) How much do you relate to the rejection triad? If you are 285, that means you would be triple rejection.
Huh, I've never looked at e5 like that. I think I do identify with it. I'm constantly offering advice or trivia that I think would be helpful and prove my worth. I don't relate to it in the sense that e5s hoard information and all that jazz, but in the context of putting things aside and avoiding rejection, yep, that's me.

4.) I see competency in you, so I would not be surprised if you end up as a 5 fix. However, I'd like to learn more about your relationship with reactivity. You would already have one reactive fix as an 8 fix... do you think you could be double reactive?

For instance, you say you do not experience fear, but do you experience anxiety? If so, how do you deal under stress? Do you get paranoid? Do you blow up at people because of it?
This might be my bias against the self proclaimed reactive people on the forum, not gonna lie, but I have absolutely no understanding of the reactive aspect of my or anyone else's tritype. Yeah, people lose their cool every now and then but that often and that explosively? Could not be me. It's only warranted when you've been really, truly wronged, y'know?

I experience anxiety all the time. It is often irrational though, so I don't really respect that aspect of my emotions. I have two modes when it comes to stress. I either respectfully seek out someone with more expertise than me and ask for help or I mentally tap out completely. I am often paranoid that people are lying to me, but other than that, I don't have any paranoias per say.

The Cat

Staff member
I got a question for ya...