• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socially introverted ENFP. Your opinion about it

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ok, years have passed since I started studying mbti, and the only stack that makes sense for me is NeFiTeSi. The "problem" is that I'm one of the most socially introverted people. I'm very reclusive. I really love talking about potential, opportunities and speculating about future scenarios with other people, but the thing is that I really can't stand the obligations of social life. I prefer partecipating sporadically to social initiatives.
Why would I need to go in the outside and talk with a lot of people if I can explore the entire world in my head, in books or on the internet? I'm too lazy to be very active in the outside (I'm probably a Nine). According to you, would this rule out ENFP for me? Cause I know for sure that Ne is my dominant function, and Si is the inferior (it's weak as hell), while Fi and Te are quite balanced. But my mind is hyperactive. I'm always thinking about how things could change, the entire day. I'm never present in the moment in the "real world".

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Social extroversion/introversion and leading with an extroverted/introverted cognitive function are different things.

It doesn't rule out ENFP for you.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I think ENFPs are among the most "introverted" of extroverts. Not only do they need to take time processing the results of their extroverted intuition, but they have to sort out the curious discord between their dom and aux functions. Since Ne is focused on temporary perceptions, it's a bit at odds with introverted feeling.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yo dawg, enfp with really heavy intuition here. i honestly have Ni in my cognitive stack too even though lots of people consider it "impossibru." my theory as to why i have a lot of ni and ne is i had a very fucked up childhood so i had to delve into my shadow functions quite a bit.

anyway, i sound a lot like you, though i'm not remotely 9 at all. honestly, the answer to your question i think is a jungian extrovert doesn't necessarily have to be what an extrovert is outside of jung. remember that this framework uses words that are quite different in definition from what they'd mean outside of "personality world."

back to why i'm like you. since i'm so intuition heavy, i actually don't spend THAT much time with people. i'm very "in my head" living in an alternate reality. this all makes complete sense within the framework and theory. extroverted intuition is "extroverted" but in the sense that it manifests ideas out of nowhere, like it needs some sort of outside stimulation to massage it. sometimes i'd exercise my extroverted intuition by going out of the house and going window shopping by myself. it's the possibilities that energized me, the novelty. that's why it's extroverted. however, to recharge it i need to spend a significant time within the realm of possibility alone to feel healthy. all this is because of how my neuro-template has been formed.

there's really nothing "wrong" or different about an enfp that is actually really introverted. been into mbti for many years and anyone who has actually CHATTED with me in real time seeing my face has had zero doubt i'm an enfp. i have the most enfp affect a lot of people have said they've ever seen lol. there's never really been a doubt.

i want to close with that i also wouldn't doubt if within your enneagram tritype you had a lot of other withdrawn types like maybe 4 or 5. complementing your jungian archetypes with your enneagram theory may be the key to unlocking this puzzle.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, years have passed since I started studying mbti, and the only stack that makes sense for me is NeFiTeSi. The "problem" is that I'm one of the most socially introverted people. I'm very reclusive. I really love talking about potential, opportunities and speculating about future scenarios with other people, but the thing is that I really can't stand the obligations of social life. I prefer partecipating sporadically to social initiatives.
Why would I need to go in the outside and talk with a lot of people if I can explore the entire world in my head, in books or on the internet? I'm too lazy to be very active in the outside (I'm probably a Nine). According to you, would this rule out ENFP for me? Cause I know for sure that Ne is my dominant function, and Si is the inferior (it's weak as hell), while Fi and Te are quite balanced. But my mind is hyperactive. I'm always thinking about how things could change, the entire day. I'm never present in the moment in the "real world".

What is an Si "weak as hell" ? Could you give some example ?

I think I am ENFP, not sure yet because too many shit tests online but I do trust the books I have and some very good references
(not to quote one of them : Erick Thor who is excellent with ENFP-he has an ENFP girlfriend it may explain his expertise;))

I recently discovered the tritype treasures and I'm actually deep into it (thanks to this forum).
When I discovered enneagramm my teachers never spoke to me about that
(ok that's probably a "business reason"). I think it is a big mistake as finally we tend to generally identify with one type's self mechanisms.

I am for sure very different from most extrovert. People often mistake "extrovert" and "extravagance".
And I need a lot of time all by myself. I seem to have the same feeling that you describe (probably Fi stuff but also a low So subtype).

Yes ENFP are one of the most introverted extrovert.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think ENFPs are among the most "introverted" of extroverts. Not only do they need to take time processing the results of their extroverted intuition, but they have to sort out the curious discord between their dom and aux functions. Since Ne is focused on temporary perceptions, it's a bit at odds with introverted feeling.

Can you explain this in other words or with more details _temporary perceptions, a bit odds with introverted feelings_
what do you mean ?

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=38252]ThoughtBubbles[/MENTION]
Thank you for your big answer. I really appreciate it. My tritype would probably be 6w7-9w1-4w5, so double withdrawn.

[MENTION=22064]RedAmazoneFriendZone[/MENTION]
Despite trying to be serious and stable I'm quite scatterbrained. I forget everything, every second. I totally lack a physical sense of direction and get lost everytime. I don't notice material details. I always forget schedules (of every sort) and really am unable to follow one. What manifests in a negative way in me is sensation for sure, especially obsessive memories I try to repress.

This is some bonus info about me. Here I was asking about my enneagram:

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Can you explain this in other words or with more details _temporary perceptions, a bit odds with introverted feelings_
what do you mean ?

Ne is always taking in new information, combining and twisting new concepts/ideas. Fi seems to seek stability in its value system, but Ne is the dom function, so there's discord between temporary perceptions and a need for "authenticity" or a coherent value system etc.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne is always taking in new information, combining and twisting new concepts/ideas. Fi seems to seek stability in its value system, but Ne is the dom function, so there's discord between temporary perceptions and a need for "authenticity" or a coherent value system etc.

I see what you mean.
We could try to analyse those two functions further but I don't think it could be of some use for [MENTION=28497]Clegane[/MENTION]:unsure:

Shadow Play

"Introverted EN_Ps" are another one of those silly memes that float around typology forums. If you look like an introvert, chances are that's because - wait for it - you are an introvert. I suspect you've been led off the rails by reality-challenged functions analyses.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personality Test (5 min) >> Erik Thor

This is one of the tests where it is said (every single time, which is rare for all tests I have been experiencing) I am an introvert.

You could see how it is working for you... [MENTION=28497]Clegane[/MENTION]

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I got INFP on the test [MENTION=16118]RedAmazonFriendZone[/MENTION].
The thing is that I know for sure I'm a dominant intuitive. I'm indeed a IEI in socionics (INFP: NiFe, but the functions are a bit different there). I see socionics and mbti as two different sysems.