• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me ? ISFP or INFP

Marine93

When I look at a piece of art the first thing I notice is the details colors, textures, what the image itself is then I think how does this make me feel then I'll think what was the person thinking when they created this, what are they trying to express, I get a feeling of the person and a vague vibe of who they are by their art, what emotions they felt, what their story is, what they experienced I their life. Then I'll go back to how the colors and image make me feel and if it's something that ai resonate with. Sometimes I'll think I wonder what another person close to me would feel about the piece. My favorite artist is Monte. If it gets too abstract and dark it caan give me an emotionally volatile feeling that I may not like.i do not like to feel and experience dark negative or violent looking pieces. If I can't understand it that also bothers me because of I don't understand it I don't know if I can relate to it. At the same time though I respect that people have the freedom to create art that helps them express themselves and find the theraputix side of it good for others and respect that. I generally love nature secenes beautiful images that make me feel peace or wonder Based on this information do I seem ISFP or INFP? I also like art made out of natural elements I find that easiest for me to work with pieces you find out in nature. I love the earthy vibe. I love nature.im also a bit of a perfectionist and that stops me from creating art often which is something thatI desire to get over. I'm really good at working with colors I enjoy them a great deal. I even learn better through colored flashcards growing g up it would catch my attention more. Any other questions please feel free to ask! Thank you. one more thing when .I was little I was good at creating g stories but now I have a hard time letting myself I find journalism writing easier and prefer photo journalism even more.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not entirely sure, but there is a way to tell the difference between tertiary-Si and aux-Se. I think Fi-doms respect personal boundaries and so have a certain openness to allowing others to create on their own terms. When you encounter sensory information - to what extent do you have an internal template or expectation about what you encounter? I find tertiary-Si to have a kind of sensitivity and expectation that could be consistent with this one sentence of yours, "If I can't understand it that also bothers me because of I don't understand it I don't know if I can relate to it". But that is only one sentence, so I'd have to hear more. I tend to find INFPs to be very sensitive to sensory things, so that certain experiences and input upset them a lot more than they would upset a ISFP which is more likely to take the sensory experience on its own terms rather than their own. I also live with INTP tertiary Si people for many years and found that same sensitivity whether it was to lighting and other environmental factors, type of bread or foods they ate, etc. There was always a kind of specificity of internalized expectation that resulted in being very sensitive positively or negatively to a sensory encounter that is different from Se. I don't think that Se is as sensitive to loud noises, the wrong type of bread, or whatever. It has more flexibility in response to sensory experiences and so might have more awareness, but less sensory sensitivity.

Would you describe yourself as being sensitive to sensory encounters or flexible and tolerant of a wide range of sensory encounters?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One specific example involves a friend I have who I think is INFP. She writes songs about environmental and social issues, is very sensitive. She mentions to me how she had to keep the door open when teaching my student because the perfume was too strong, or she could not teach another one because they were too loud. I notice all of those sensory extremes but it doesn't occur to me to change my environment to suit me. For me it is what it is so I have unusual flexibility even if the experience is negative. My only rigidity is in the emotional realm where I'm idealistic about how those closest to me would love. I'll relate to a friend or lover idealistically until they hurt me too much and then I can't live pragmatically with tarnished love so I end up alone. I'm unusually flexible adapting to living habits though - I'd say within about 5% or less of the population - 95% being less flexible than me.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Sounds more like an ISFP. You seemed to have an artistic aptitude.
An INFP tends to be a best selling novelist or a scientist, like Isabel Briggs Myers.