• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Re-type me

MBTI Type
INFP
I have discovered some new qualities about myself, and would like to be re-typed based upon the new information I will be sharing.
I would describe myself as a bit of a wanderer and daydreamer. I seem to act on impulse and not have many plans or place much thought upon future outcomes, although I do have a romantic mentality and enjoy fantasizing about future possibilities and hopes, such as what kind of partner I could have, what profession I would ideally be involved in, what my children will look like, what kinds of friends I will encounter and meet, where I will be living, etc. I have been described as being a bit spacey, distractible, and unfocused on my environment and surroundings as well.
I have been described as having the potential to succeed if I were to acquire a more ambitious attitude toward life, but am admittedly a bit scattered and lazy, tending to procrastinate and do things on a whim at last minute. I enjoy reading realistic young adult fiction or coming of age stories I can relate to, but do not connect well to fantasy and sci-Fi genres that seem rather ludicrous to me.
Instead, I prefer hearing people's personal stories and reflecting upon their experiences while relating them to my own. I also feel connected to certain fictional characters and feel involved in the stories I read or shows I watch, and have been passionate about certain fandoms in the past as well. On a surface level, I seem easygoing and to be a good listener and communicator, but am more intense than I let on and can be insecure and sometimes become paranoid and obsessive about certain topics, worrying almost neurotically about issues others would find nonsensical due to my anxiety problems.
Regardless, I try to be as tolerant, open-minded, and non-judgmental as I can be, despite being a sensitive and sometimes overly emotional person at heart. I sometimes struggle to let go of the past and can be begrudging and passive-aggressive as well, a source of inner conflict in me since I want to be perceived as fluid and accepting of everyone. I am described by many people as being caring to a fault and needing to just relax about people and let things be and to stop worrying over what others think, which I have been working on. I am constantly trying to figure out who I am and try to label myself, and sometimes fall in the habit of seeking my source of identity from the wrong sources and people.
My hobbies growing up included writing, drawing, and art, although I have since abandoned most of these due to being overly consumed by social media and instead spend most of my time on there or listening to music instead. I also enjoy deep, meaningful conversations with people about life and exchanging experiences with them, and feeling connected to other people is very important to me. I am also impressionable and tend to be influenced or swayed by others too easily and believe in what they say, an aspect I hate about myself.
I would also describe myself as a chameleon of sorts, shifting personas depending on who I interact with or what group I am around. I am also pretty shy around most people initially, although I have since become much more open over the years. I still consider myself an introvert however, since social interactions and excessive stimulation from people tends to exhaust rather than energize me. I am used to being alone with family for the most part and would rather have one or two good friends and a committed romantic partner than dozens of fake friends.
I do have several acquaintances from over the years, however. Lastly, I often romanticize potential partners excessively and tend to idealize them too favorably, only to be disillusioned when I see their negative side. I can be self-absorbed and a bit moody as well although again, I am working on that. Freedom is also a great value of mine as well. I hate feeling controlled or "owned" and dislike feelings of confinement. I am curious about different people and cultures and a big hope of mine is to travel the world someday with someone I truly care about.
Based upon everything I have shared, what personality type out of each of these do you guys most likely believe I am? How do I differentiate between being an INFP, INFJ, ISFP, and ISFJ?

MBTI Type
INFP
I know this thread was created a while back, but what type do I seem to be, based on everything I posted above?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Each sentence that you have written may give some clue on your consciousness.
Like this one.
I have discovered some new qualities about myself, and would like to be re-typed based upon the new information I will be sharing.
Introvert sensation-Extroverted thinker.
This is a reporting sentences. If you are a researcher, you have finished your research about yourself and you have come up with new findings, you are now reporting. Yes. I notice that the psyche with Si-Te behaviorally reporting based on what they have observed.
I would describe myself as a bit of a wanderer and daydreamer.

This self description signifies Fi-Ne, you perceive yourself in an intuitive way, like daydreamer, wanderer, a role that can only be perceived intuitively. When you have the Ne, you'll be orientated towards the role that you have describe yourself with. The Fi , because introverted, has a tendency of returning backward state, means to the past experience, you have found yourself daydreaming, and mindwandering.

I seem to act on impulse and not have many plans or place much thought upon future outcomes,
This sounds like more trait of an introverted judging functions. The N is stereotypically said to be theoretical. But may be The Fi-Ne, manifested in INFP, can be action oriented, means when you feel, and intuiting, is at the same time you take actions. When you say that you do not have many plan ahead, signifies a less extroverted thinking functions operating since Te tends to plan ahead.
Ne has an empirical quality, so it is possible that it is followed by taking actions.
although I do have a romantic mentality
This is also an FI-Ne, perceiving yourself objectively in an intuitive way, since romantic mentality can only be perceived intuitively.

and enjoy fantasizing about future possibilities and hopes, such as what kind of partner I could have, what profession I would ideally be involved in, what my children will look like, what kinds of friends I will encounter and meet, where I will be living, etc.
This is also Si-Te. It is like a planning ahead. But Si-Te experiences difficulty in sticking to the plan. They imagine the future possibilities and dreams but always not to follow by execution.
I have been described as being a bit spacey, distractible, and unfocused on my environment and surroundings as well.
I have been described as having the potential to succeed if I were to acquire a more ambitious attitude toward life, but am admittedly a bit scattered and lazy, tending to procrastinate and do things on a whim at last minute.
This is an Si-Te
Some may have judged you as this and you somehow remember what they say. When someone spotted a daydreamer, they could instruct to stop daydreaming since the daydreamer are not aware of their surroundings.
This is interesting. Introverted judging normally look confident. May be you are in a depressed mental state.
I enjoy reading realistic young adult fiction or coming of age stories I can relate to, but do not connect well to fantasy and sci-Fi genres that seem rather ludicrous to me.
I also feel connected to certain fictional characters and feel involved in the stories I read or shows I watch, and have been passionate about certain fandoms in the past as well.
Do you feel like you are one of the character in the novel?. I am not sure about this, but it is probably Fi-Ne psycholgical aptitude, putting themselves as others person they are not.
Instead, I prefer hearing people's personal stories and reflecting upon their experiences while relating them to my own.
Like reading biography?
On a surface level, I seem easygoing and to be a good listener and communicator, but am more intense than I let on and can be insecure and sometimes become paranoid and obsessive about certain topics, worrying almost neurotically about issues others would find nonsensical due to my anxiety problems.
Regardless, I try to be as tolerant, open-minded, and non-judgmental as I can be, despite being a sensitive and sometimes overly emotional person at heart.

I am described by many people as being caring to a fault and needing to just relax about people and let things be and to stop worrying over what others think, which I have been working on.
My comment is it is like trying to wear a persona (a mask) on you. With the mask you want to conceal something the truth of how you feels. YOu want to appear as such to others but you are in the actuallity not so strong as the character you want others to perceive as you. I call this the pscyological aptitude of Fi to play acting. When it is paired with extrovert sensation as a primary functions-and Fi as auxiliary function, they'll be able to act like an actors, actress to take up a role that are completely different with themselves. It is an aptitude but also a risk. Risk of forgetting to be oneself, because too much playing as others. What I notice in this forum, many of the Fi psyche that mistype themselves, probably because the nature of their Fi.
I sometimes struggle to let go of the past and can be begrudging and passive-aggressive as well, a source of inner conflict in me since I want to be perceived as fluid and accepting of everyone.
This may be the nature of the introverted feeling functions that tends to be regressive or leading back. The extroverted judging tends to foresee/forecast things, or plan. The Introvert functions tends to do the opposite.

I am constantly trying to figure out who I am and try to label myself, and sometimes fall in the habit of seeking my source of identity from the wrong sources and people.
Yes. It is my problem also. This leads me to study the typology theory. But the solution to the problem is in the memory of me. But my memory may be different in nature with you. What makes us different is that I do not try to label myself as someone. My goal is to be myself to act as myself not as somebody elses. "Labelling" implies a desire to be seen as somebody elses. About the source, I have also find myself in the past read other personality types like Florence Littauer Melancholy, Choleric, Pleghmatic, Sanguine, but when I discover that the theory does not have a practical support or empirical support like Jung' psychological types, that he wrote after 20 years of practicing pscyhiatry or MBTI which is based on scientific research, I abandoned the theory. Now I have been studying MBTI, and mostly Jung's for almost five years.
I think it is not a problem to search for a theory and found out it is a bit dissapointing at first until you find a correct theory.
I also enjoy deep, meaningful conversations with people about life and exchanging experiences with them, and feeling connected to other people is very important to me. I am also impressionable and tend to be influenced or swayed by others too easily and believe in what they say, an aspect I hate about myself.
May be you need to do more about the thinking side if you have found yourself you easily believe in what people say. Try doubting their claim, by verifying evidences and check whether evidences that support their claim, and when you find that there is not, it should be easy to reject any claim. The thinking side of Si-Te, will be good as a compensatory/balancing function with the Introverted feeling-Extroverted Intuition. It should serve like a filter to intuition extroverted.
I would also describe myself as a chameleon of sorts, shifting personas depending on who I interact with or what group I am around.
This is like a Si-Te judgment. It perceives yourself like something elses because you discover that you have almost similar character with it. Chameleon is an animal that easily changes his body colour to adjust to their natural surroundings. A camouflage. There is also mimicry: animal imitating to their surroundings . They do this to avoid predator. When you perceives yourselves is like chameleon that camouflage, because your personas easily adjusted to your sorrounding, you may want to avoid to be come a victim of a larger "predator", or you want to be unnoticable to your prey, you describe yourself using the functions of Si-Te.
Another example of Si-Te which you may have heard is that when they say that introvert is someone that charges their battery when alone. They try to explain introvert like a cellphone perhaps that needs battery recharging. It is considered one of the nature of expression of Si psychological functions.
I am also pretty shy around most people initially, although I have since become much more open over the years.
It is interesting to note this.
I am used to being alone with family for the most part and would rather have one or two good friends and a committed romantic partner than dozens of fake friends.
A good preference of choosing friends. A fake friend only with you if you have some fun, but when you are not, they'll probably wont be there for you. Some says"A friend in need is a friend indeed".
I do have several acquaintances from over the years, however.
Lastly, I often romanticize potential partners excessively and tend to idealize them too favorably, only to be disillusioned when I see their negative side. I can be self-absorbed and a bit moody as well although again, I am working on that.
May be this is a Fi-Ne thing? when idealizing that you imagine that they have no flaw like a perfect man? but you realized that got him wrong, once you have spotted that they are not so good as you have imagined. (A Si-Te). Since your idealization has been proven false by the facts that you have found, you feel like that. I guess It is an Fi-Ne thing again.
Freedom is also a great value of mine as well.
I hate feeling controlled or "owned" and dislike feelings of confinement.
Yes. This feelings makes you need to be your own boss. You can never get along with this feelings in an employee position.
I am curious about different people and cultures and a big hope of mine is to travel the world someday with someone I truly care about.
Good. When you are curious, you should learn more about people and you can do it in the typology forum I guess.
I still consider myself an introvert however, since social interactions and excessive stimulation from people tends to exhaust rather than energize me.
I agree with you
Based upon everything I have shared, what personality type out of each of these do you guys most likely believe I am?
An INFP. Try reading the INFP descriptions. Do you feel it suits you?

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INFP
Each sentence that you have written may give some clue on your consciousness.
Like this one.

Introvert sensation-Extroverted thinker.
This is a reporting sentences. If you are a researcher, you have finished your research about yourself and you have come up with new findings, you are now reporting. Yes. I notice that the psyche with Si-Te behaviorally reporting based on what they have observed.

This self description signifies Fi-Ne, you perceive yourself in an intuitive way, like daydreamer, wanderer, a role that can only be perceived intuitively. When you have the Ne, you'll be orientated towards the role that you have describe yourself with. The Fi , because introverted, has a tendency of returning backward state, means to the past experience, you have found yourself daydreaming, and mindwandering.

This sounds like more trait of an introverted judging functions. The N is stereotypically said to be theoretical. But may be The Fi-Ne, manifested in INFP, can be action oriented, means when you feel, and intuiting, is at the same time you take actions. When you say that you do not have many plan ahead, signifies a less extroverted thinking functions operating since Te tends to plan ahead.
Ne has an empirical quality, so it is possible that it is followed by taking actions.

This is also an FI-Ne, perceiving yourself objectively in an intuitive way, since romantic mentality can only be perceived intuitively.

This is also Si-Te. It is like a planning ahead. But Si-Te experiences difficulty in sticking to the plan. They imagine the future possibilities and dreams but always not to follow by execution.

This is an Si-Te
Some may have judged you as this and you somehow remember what they say. When someone spotted a daydreamer, they could instruct to stop daydreaming since the daydreamer are not aware of their surroundings.

This is interesting. Introverted judging normally look confident. May be you are in a depressed mental state.

Do you feel like you are one of the character in the novel?. I am not sure about this, but it is probably Fi-Ne psycholgical aptitude, putting themselves as others person they are not.

Like reading biography?

My comment is it is like trying to wear a persona (a mask) on you. With the mask you want to conceal something the truth of how you feels. YOu want to appear as such to others but you are in the actuallity not so strong as the character you want others to perceive as you. I call this the pscyological aptitude of Fi to play acting. When it is paired with extrovert sensation as a primary functions-and Fi as auxiliary function, they'll be able to act like an actors, actress to take up a role that are completely different with themselves. It is an aptitude but also a risk. Risk of forgetting to be oneself, because too much playing as others. What I notice in this forum, many of the Fi psyche that mistype themselves, probably because the nature of their Fi.

This may be the nature of the introverted feeling functions that tends to be regressive or leading back. The extroverted judging tends to foresee/forecast things, or plan. The Introvert functions tends to do the opposite.

Yes. It is my problem also. This leads me to study the typology theory. But the solution to the problem is in the memory of me. But my memory may be different in nature with you. What makes us different is that I do not try to label myself as someone. My goal is to be myself to act as myself not as somebody elses. "Labelling" implies a desire to be seen as somebody elses. About the source, I have also find myself in the past read other personality types like Florence Littauer Melancholy, Choleric, Pleghmatic, Sanguine, but when I discover that the theory does not have a practical support or empirical support like Jung' psychological types, that he wrote after 20 years of practicing pscyhiatry or MBTI which is based on scientific research, I abandoned the theory. Now I have been studying MBTI, and mostly Jung's for almost five years.
I think it is not a problem to search for a theory and found out it is a bit dissapointing at first until you find a correct theory.

May be you need to do more about the thinking side if you have found yourself you easily believe in what people say. Try doubting their claim, by verifying evidences and check whether evidences that support their claim, and when you find that there is not, it should be easy to reject any claim. The thinking side of Si-Te, will be good as a compensatory/balancing function with the Introverted feeling-Extroverted Intuition. It should serve like a filter to intuition extroverted.

This is like a Si-Te judgment. It perceives yourself like something elses because you discover that you have almost similar character with it. Chameleon is an animal that easily changes his body colour to adjust to their natural surroundings. A camouflage. There is also mimicry: animal imitating to their surroundings . They do this to avoid predator. When you perceives yourselves is like chameleon that camouflage, because your personas easily adjusted to your sorrounding, you may want to avoid to be come a victim of a larger "predator", or you want to be unnoticable to your prey, you describe yourself using the functions of Si-Te.
Another example of Si-Te which you may have heard is that when they say that introvert is someone that charges their battery when alone. They try to explain introvert like a cellphone perhaps that needs battery recharging. It is considered one of the nature of expression of Si psychological functions.

It is interesting to note this.

A good preference of choosing friends. A fake friend only with you if you have some fun, but when you are not, they'll probably wont be there for you. Some says"A friend in need is a friend indeed".

May be this is a Fi-Ne thing? when idealizing that you imagine that they have no flaw like a perfect man? but you realized that got him wrong, once you have spotted that they are not so good as you have imagined. (A Si-Te). Since your idealization has been proven false by the facts that you have found, you feel like that. I guess It is an Fi-Ne thing again.

Yes. This feelings makes you need to be your own boss. You can never get along with this feelings in an employee position.

Good. When you are curious, you should learn more about people and you can do it in the typology forum I guess.

I agree with you

An INFP. Try reading the INFP descriptions. Do you feel it suits you?

Thank you for typing me. I do believe INFP suits me quite well. What would you guess my enneagram type to be?