• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Type Me... ISTJ / INTP / INTJ ?

bromopropane

Dear Reader,

Good evening and I hope your day is going great!

I am a 23 years old pre-med student who is struggling to know my personality type. The MBTI results were ISTJ (six months ago) and INTJ (recently). The personality test from this website was INTP.

Here are my behavioral traits that might help you to type me.

- In all of the science classes, I am more confident and excited in lecture rather than labs (except, anatomy and biology ones).
- Out of all, I hate being incompetent. I know I sound extremely mean, but I have to be the smartest in the group.
- I like healthy competition and be the winner. Ah! Such satisfaction!
- I have a role model every year who out-perform me. Competition on!
- I am extremely passionate about my success.
- I love learning about great scientists and philosophers.
- I dislike memorizing meaninglessly. I like to understand the concept before memorization.
- I am good at math and science (I was awarded for outstanding student in the math department in high school).
- I have a very small group of friends. We often discuss on culture, religion, and history.
- Even though I feel secured following the traditions and routines, I feel bored after a while. When I feel bored, I try to look for other projects to entertain myself.
- When reading a textbook, I like to think critically and logically. If there is inconsistency on logic, I ask my professor for clarification. (I spotted few flaws on the textbook over the years).
- When reading a textbook, I like to imagine and visualize in my head (ex. visualizing how organs are all interconnected via hormones).
- Daydreams during driving, shower, or any mundane everyday activities.
- I enjoy sudoku.

Thank you so much for reading such a long script. I appreciate your service.

Sincerely,
Bromopentane

P.S. From researching online, all of the three ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP are depicted as evil cold-hearted personnel. I am a little harsh and cold-hearted, but not evil. I am uncomfortable with this stereotype. :(

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are probably INTJ or INTP, with Enneagram 5 and maybe 3.

Do you learn for the sake of learning, or does it have to be useful?

How do you feel about theoretical physics?

What is your opinion on the concept of God?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How are when completely stressed out? How do you relax?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Laboratory works seems to me like "Si-Fe type" thing, since there research is conducted by observations, and experimentation. If you like attending Lecture, a theoretical discussion which is to me is like an intuitive type favorites pass time, more than the laboratory work, you are more likely an intuitor than a sensor. You have a pscyhological functions termed extroverted feeling, that appreciation, boredom, clarity, security, joy, hatred, satisfaction, are conscious-able to you. Some additional feeling which are also consciousable are: guilt, annoy, object, suspicious, please, panic, shame, suffer, comfort/convenience, offended, regret, respect, worry, jealousy, emphaty, envy, burdened/obliged. You may not get conscious of these feeling but you may have got conscious of this feeling in the past.

Suffer in greek "pathos" could be a feeling that might help you in understanding subject termed "pathology". I guess that pathology subject should be taught in medicine curriculum.

Judging solely from this posting, you are indentified an INTP in the MBTI.
It is a good news that you enroll in medicine major. I do think that You are on the right track in developing the unconscious Si-Fe. Isabel Briggs Myers develop her unsconscious Si-Te, by studying statistics with Edward Hay. I would imagine that Si-Fe be like a physician busy diagnosing patients, and writing prescriptions, a profession that you will be doing as after graduation is well matched with your type. How lucky you are in correctly choosing a major! You should not be experiencing too much difficulty later in your professional life as a physician.
But since Si-Fe is by nature unsconscious for INTP, you may feel memorizing like latin name, nomenclature in biology class difficult.

It is interesting to note that you like to read biography of scientists and philoshopers. You have interest in personality theory. You should pursue it even though it will not be graded. However, it is important to prioritize, when you get busy with the academic work.

It has to be a psychological function termed introverted thinking that is responsible for seeking logical consistency in their thinking.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd say either INTJ or INTP, not enough data to differentiate between Se, Si, Fe or Fi.

Hi Bromopropane, I'm Methylene.
Sincerely, the chemistry names gang.