• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just for Curiosity’s Sake...

What do you think Hermit’s type is?

• Total voters

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:)

I knew there was something about you that I liked and identified with.

My first blog (now gone) here on the nascent forum was titled, "An NT in NF Clothing" where I explored what you describe, and even worked on developing this side of me more. Up to that point, it was like there were two internal personality types at war inside of me, and I think that was one major contributing factor to chronic depression (self-diagnosed). Before I took the MBTI or even a short unofficial version of it, I read through the types which I identified with somewhat. At the time, I was more introverted, and when I read the INFP description, I was sure that was me. But the next one was the INTP description! And that one seemed to fit a little better. ENXP types were not a consideration at the time because of the depression. Somewhat of a tangent, but my mother was INFP. One of the things I loved most about her was her depth, including her depth of feeling. I perceive things like poetry, literature, and intense feeling-oriented music as a vacation from the cold realities of external life and the constructs in my own mind.

I think I've now integrated NF and NT into my personality about as much as I can, yet I still find ways every month or two to do more. The impact of doing that, both in a feeling and thinking sense, is like getting my first pair of glasses at the age of 16. I could not see what I was not seeing, but suddenly... :)

This is fascinating to me. But not relatable (I think). How do you integrate them more? I guess, as an INFP, I would focus on using Ti and make attempts to look at things in a systemic logical way?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
This is fascinating to me. But not relatable (I think). How do you integrate them more? I guess, as an INFP, I would focus on using Ti and make attempts to look at things in a systemic logical way?

Yes, that's a good approach. Be a type-actor in your own drama, comedy, or documentary of life. :)

One way I integrated them was just becoming more comfortable with them. Instead of NF land being a vacation, I kept trying to live it too. But just vacationing there more helped too. :D

Another way was to remind myself to try to use all cognitive functions when things were supposedly "obvious," or when I needed help making a decision.

My favorite was role-playing--the type-acting. It's great for anyone with a strong Ne preference. I go into these other type modes for hours to years where I put on another type's filters. Acting is a bit too superficial of a description though. In many ways, I live it. Sometimes I do it purposely, but other times I just feel the need to balance--like a psychological hunger for a deficiency, or just a chance to experience a different life in a small way.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I think you could be potentially any type because I have little information, but I'm actually beginning to lean toward INTP.

Something about types...ESTPs, ESTJs, ENTJs, ENTPs, can all be into love songs, romance, relationships, yet still be Ts without much question. The second an INTP shows signs of emotional life or takes interest in emotions the same way, they're mistyped? It's complete BS. I know someone who secretly loves romantic things, and no one questions INTJ for them. (It's just an example, I'm not into romance, etc. myself.)

Jung went out of his way to convey that F is not Emotions / Emotional. "Emotional / warm INTP = INFP in denial" is absolutely wrong. "INTPs = cold, emotionless, distant" is also. INTP 5s might fit stereotypes more, but the stereotypes are so narrow that they push INTP 9s, 6s, etc. into the INFP or INFJ mistype category.

I might come back to this and make a better quality post when I'm not so tired / out of it.

Amberiat

Infinity
Probably INTP.

Though I haven't considered ISFJ for you yet, it's definitely interesting, and I could see it. However I can't argue for much, or any Si presence in you, from what I know. Describing your day to day approach to life in a bit more detail could help in figuring out how present Si actually is in your personality. Or you can do some introspecting for yourself if you don't want to share too much. Imo if you're an Si dom you should be able to figure that out pretty easily regardless.

INTP/ISFJ are the only types I'd seriously consider for you though, if that helps.